Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) (6124 Views)

Toyin Saraki With Michelle And Barack Obama At The White House. PIC / Buhari Breaks His Fast With APC Leaders / Lawmakers Break Their Fast At Femi Gbajabiamila House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by dulaman: 1:03am On Jun 24, 2015
"When our values are threatened, we come together as one nation. When three young Muslim Americans were brutally murdered in Chapel Hill earlier this year, Americans of all faiths rallied around that community. And obviously, tonight, our prayers remain with Charleston and Mother Emanuel church. As Americans, we insist that nobody should be targeted because of who they are, or what they look like, who they love, how they worship. We stand united against these hateful acts." —President Obama hosting an Iftar dinner to celebrate Ramadan at the White House
https://www.facebook.com/WhiteHouse/photos/a.158628314237.115142.63811549237/10153556628114238/?type=1&theater

4 Likes

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by CharliParker: 1:13am On Jun 24, 2015
Obama ke
Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by Alphaoscar: 1:40am On Jun 24, 2015
Wait till the children of hates arrive and watch descend on the gentleman Obama.

4 Likes

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by dddrexjr(m): 1:52am On Jun 24, 2015
wow i thought he's a "free thinker"

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by DankemzI(m): 1:59am On Jun 24, 2015
Is he now a Muslim?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by fulanimafia: 2:01am On Jun 24, 2015
President Barack Hussein Obama.

Ramadan Kareem.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by IlekeHD: 2:01am On Jun 24, 2015
Obama is islamizing America

----- TANOIDS

10 Likes

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by dustmalik: 2:18am On Jun 24, 2015
Children of HATE will be here in 5..4..3..2..1....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by Nobody: 2:20am On Jun 24, 2015
Ramadan kareem to all Muslims.

11 Likes

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by MrImole: 2:35am On Jun 24, 2015
fulanimafia:
Ramadan Kareem.
Name is just for a mere identification.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by fulanimafia: 2:37am On Jun 24, 2015
MrImole:

Name is just for a mere identification.

What else is a name for? If you're going to quote me then please make some sense.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by MrImole: 2:57am On Jun 24, 2015
fulanimafia:

What else is a name for? If you're going to quote me then please make some sense.

Lol!

You don't get me, Obama sat there because he's the president of the free world and not because he's a muslim as you have assumed(I may be wrong though).

Your name has nothing to do with your faith/belief these days.

I repeat, the main purpose of naming anything is to be able to identify it.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by fulanimafia: 3:03am On Jun 24, 2015
MrImole:

Lol!

You don't get me, Obama sat there because he's the president of the free world and not because he's a muslim as you have assumed(I may be wrong though).

Your name has nothing to do with your faith/belief these days.

I repeat, the main purpose of naming anything is to be able to identify it.

Yes you were very wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by Ezemust: 3:05am On Jun 24, 2015
Last tow weeks there was pics of obama in church

1 Like

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by Frankiss44(m): 3:40am On Jun 24, 2015
Dude isn't a practicing Muslim.. He is there because he is the leader of all religions... Can't you see he is the odd man out, outfit wise in that room? Break fast kor , break slow ni.

14 Likes

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by Obijulius: 4:29am On Jun 24, 2015
Eat with them today and Bomb them tomorrow.

I love the US sha.

2 Likes

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by Nobody: 4:38am On Jun 24, 2015
No be only Obama, even pope join......me sef dey start fast by 8pm and break it by 8am everyday

2 Likes

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by arewatech(m): 4:47am On Jun 24, 2015
Obijulius:
Eat with them today and Bomb them tomorrow.

I love the US sha.

Na bomba ma uwa.
Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by Benjom(m): 4:53am On Jun 24, 2015
... that's what unity is all about
Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by Nobody: 5:08am On Jun 24, 2015
DankemzI:
Is he now a Muslim?

Obasanjo regularly fasted with Muslims when he was President of Nigeria.

Of course...he remained a Christian.

2 Likes

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by Abayor7: 5:19am On Jun 24, 2015
IlekeHD:
Obama is islamizing America

----- TANOIDS

Mtcheeeew!!!
Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by Upnepaa(m): 5:21am On Jun 24, 2015
OBAMA MY GUY cool
Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by ziccoit: 5:22am On Jun 24, 2015
A country and a president we shall soon have a country too now that we have a president.

1 Like

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by thelastmediator: 5:24am On Jun 24, 2015
Great leaders see people first as humans, before their affiliation.

2 Likes

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 24, 2015
Taqiyya lying marafarker
Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 24, 2015
fulanimafia:

Ramadan Kareem.

Jeb is coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by Nobody: 5:37am On Jun 24, 2015
Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by soulhighman(m): 5:41am On Jun 24, 2015
Did he fast at all? Stop claiming he was breaking his fast.
Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 24, 2015
[size=18pt]Obama reaches out to Islam because 2 Muslim father figures abandoned him[/size]

In an op-ed published Friday, Kulanu Knesset member and former Israeli ambassador to the United States Michael Oren speculates that President Barack Obama’s relentless outreach to the Muslim world may stem from the fact that he was abandoned by the two Muslim father figures in his life and therefore seeks acceptance by their co-religionists.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email
and never miss our top stories   FREE SIGN UP!

In the article, in Foreign Policy Magazine, Oren also posits that the world may look back on Obama’s approach to Middle East issues as naive and hard to credit.

The piece marks Oren’s third op-ed critical of Obama published in major US media in less than a week. In the first of the series, the former ambassador published “How Obama abandoned Israel” in the Wall Street Journal, followed by “Why Obama is wrong about Iran being ‘rational’ on nukes,” in the Los Angeles Times. He also gave a lengthy interview to the Times of Israel this week in which he echoed charges in his new book, “Ally,” to the effect that aspects of US-Israel ties are “in tatters” because of the president.

The Obama administration responded bitterly to Oren’s earlier criticism of the president, calling it “absolutely false.” His opposite number, US Ambassador to Israel Dan Shapiro, said Oren was motivated by a desire to sell books. But while freshman MK Oren’s party leader Moshe Kahlon on Wednesday apologized and distanced the party from the Wall Street Journal piece, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reportedly refused a US request to do likewise.

Dreams From My Father

In the Foreign Policy article Friday, Oren writes that “Obama’s attitudes toward Islam clearly stem from his personal interactions with Muslims. These were described in depth in his candid memoir, ‘Dreams from My Father,’ published 13 years before his election as president. Obama wrote passionately of the Kenyan villages where, after many years of dislocation, he felt most at home and of his childhood experiences in Indonesia. I could imagine how a child raised by a Christian mother might see himself as a natural bridge between her two Muslim husbands. I could also speculate how that child’s abandonment by those men could lead him, many years later, to seek acceptance by their co-religionists.”

Oren offers a similar assessment in his new book, acknowledging that he does so “at the risk of armchair psychoanalyzing.” In “Ally,” Oren also says he scoured “Dreams from My Father” in vain “for some expression of reverence, even respect, for the country its author would someday lead” but finds none. Instead, in Oren’s reading, “the book criticizes Americans for their capitalism and consumer culture, for despoiling their environment and maintaining antiquated power structures.” He writes that Obama accused Americans traveling abroad of exhibiting “ignorance and arrogance” — the very same shortcomings, notes Oren dryly, that the president’s critics assigned to him.

In the Foreign Policy article, Oren goes on to say that “Historians will likely look back at Obama’s policy toward Islam with a combination of curiosity and incredulousness. While some may credit the president for his good intentions, others might fault him for being naïve and detached from a complex and increasingly lethal reality.”

Ally by Michael Oren

Noting that understanding Obama was crucial to his role as ambassador, a post he held from 2009-13, Oren writes in Foreign Policy that he taught himself an “Obama 101″ course and “devoted months to studying the new president, pouring over his speeches, interviews, press releases, and memoirs, and meeting with many of his friends and supporters.”

He says that over his four years as envoy, he was rarely surprised by the president’s approach, especially on Muslim and Middle Eastern affairs.

Oren charges that it is this very approach that led Obama to “boycott” a major gathering in Paris attended by dozens of world leaders following the devastating jihadist terror attacks in January at the Charlie Hebdo headquarters, and at a kosher deli in which four Jewish men were killed.

“The president could not participate in a protest against Muslim radicals whose motivations he sees as a distortion, rather than a radical interpretation, of Islam,” Oren writes in Foreign Policy.

A few months after the terror attacks, Obama was roundly criticized for a number of statements in US media in which he seemed to dismiss the anti-Semitic nature of the attack at the deli, instead condemning the “vicious zealots who … randomly shoot a bunch of folks in a deli.”

Oren says these comments were an extension of Obama’s thinking on Islam and the Mideast. “If there are no terrorists spurred by Islam, there can be no purposely selected Jewish shop or intended Jewish victims, only a deli and randomly present folks,” Oren writes.

Oren, a bestselling US-born historian, is writing the pieces to coincide with the publication of “Ally.” Oren also gave a comprehensive interview to The Times of Israel this week in which he discussed his upcoming book at length. He said “Ally” was “a cri de coeur… for an alliance that should be in a much better place than it is.” He also said he wanted to get the book published as soon as possible because “we’re at a crucial juncture now with the Iran issue, and it’s very important to set certain records straight as we go into what could be a fateful period for the State of Israel.”
Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by alerabson(m): 6:05am On Jun 24, 2015
DankemzI:
Is he now a Muslim?
he is not a Muslim yet but a leader for all.

2 Likes

Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by iamrealdeji(m): 6:06am On Jun 24, 2015
DankemzI:
Is he now a Muslim?
before nko? Barack Hussein Obama
Re: President Obama Breaking His Fast At White House (pic) by Christoskurion: 6:07am On Jun 24, 2015
A decorated lies. Too deceptive.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Udom Awards Contract For Another Flyover In Uyo Akwa Ibom State Capital / EXPOSED: Why Saraki Must Be Jailed - Buhari Breaks Silence / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.