Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,652 members, 7,813,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari (6172 Views)

Nigeria’s Unity Negotiable – IYC Replies Buhari / Goodluck Jonathan Replies El-Rufai On The Sharing Of Ecological Fund / Ex-president Jonathan Replies Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by papoose999(m): 6:38am On Jun 24, 2015
Barely
hours
after
President Buhari cried out that he inherited virtually an empty treasury
from former President Jonathan, the latter has fired back saying he
handed over $30 billion to Buhari. Immediate past Minister/Deputy
Chairman of the National Planning Commission (NPC), Dr. Abubakar
Olanrewaju Sulaiman who spoke for the Jonathan administration said
the $30b left in the treasury was in addition to the $2 billion left in the
Excess Crude Account as at May 29. Sulaiman, in a statement he
personally signed in Abuja, today warned that Jonathan must not be
criminalized under the guise of playing politics, even as he described
Buhari's claim as “unscientific and unfair.” According to him “The
immediate past administration left behind close to US$30billion in its
Foreign Reserve. So, how does the question of an empty treasury
arrive? In the Excess Crude Account, we left behind US$2billion as at
May 29. And the sum would have been higher if not for the governors'
insistence on sharing it. “The government can't tell us that there is no
Excess Crude Account (ECA), Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF) or are we
saying the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIR) and related agencies
had not in the last one month been generating revenue? “Until they are
able to prove they had no receipts from these government agencies in
the last one month before Nigerians can now buy into Mr. President's
claims of an empty treasury. “Money made by government is meant to
be spent, and this the immediate past administration did responsibly.
Every government, even in the so-called western world, including the US
which today remains one of the largest debtor nations in the world,
government operates on deficit. “Is it not on record that President
Obama inherited US$3 trillion debt, a collapsed banking sector and
mortgage industry, yet he never raised any alarm. None of these has
happened in Nigeria under Jonathan. “Under Jonathan, Nigeria became
the largest Africa economy and 26th in the world amidst deadly security
challenges and dwindling international prices of oil. In spite of all these,
the Federal Government never owed salaries. “Upon inception of
Jonathan's administration, it is on record that the price of oil at the
global stage was over $100 per barrel and at the close of the
administration, it dropped to $46. Yet, there wasn't collapse of
government and federal civil servants were paid as at when due.” He
said it was a “disgrace that Nigeria cannot pay salaries of its workforce.”

link: www.nigeriannation.com/news/i-left-30bn-in-the-treasury-for-you-jonathan-replies-buhari.aspx

cc lalasticlala barcanista seun

3 Likes

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by slap1(m): 6:41am On Jun 24, 2015
Maybe the General converted 30 billion dollars into West German currency and the money reduced.

14 Likes

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by obaede: 6:43am On Jun 24, 2015
Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by Moheat(m): 6:43am On Jun 24, 2015
This is getting interesting!
Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by papoose999(m): 6:46am On Jun 24, 2015
slap1:
Maybe the General converted 30 billion dollars into West Germany currency and the money reduced.
hahaha baba President Buhari

3 Likes

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by LordMecuzy(m): 6:47am On Jun 24, 2015
He left $30billion?

How much be our budget?

Nigeria is broke Abeg with massive corruption and reduction in the price of World oil market

2 Likes

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by adonismuller(m): 6:47am On Jun 24, 2015
Questions for APC and Buhari....

The money they gave out to military to fight boko haram was it from their pocket?

The money they want to give to senators for wardrobe allowance, is it from their pocket?

The money Buhari has been using for tours and using to feed his cows,is it from their pocket?

I thought it is only during campaign that politicians lie? We know PDP are thieves but now APC seem to be thieves and liars.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by Vicadonis(m): 6:48am On Jun 24, 2015
This isn't Jonathan's reply

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by EastLebanon(m): 6:50am On Jun 24, 2015
May be lai mohammed a.k.a interpretter general of the federation didn't explain things wela to p.m.b

1 Like

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by MalcoImX: 6:53am On Jun 24, 2015
papoose999:
hahaha baba President Buhari
Retardeenho must be drunk to make such claims. No wonder they call him the ogogoro master.
Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by papoose999(m): 6:56am On Jun 24, 2015
rhymz said Buhari's constant knack for excuses and lack of direction is beginning to get
everyone worried, he obviously was not prepared from the on set, he has
been struggling to even form a cabinet, most of the decisions he has been
making lately obviously shows a man that is gripping in the dark and looking
for excuses to explain his failures just in case it happens. Get to work and
stop whining.true talk

2 Likes

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 24, 2015
Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by dustmalik: 7:01am On Jun 24, 2015
You guys are spewing rubbish. Here are links to some of the publications of the money borrowed by FG to pay salaries. If they had all that money, how come they borrowed money to pay salaries? They were all published on the 6th of May 2015:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/06/fg-borrows-n473bn-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/nigeria-borrows-to-pay-salaries-with-cash-crunch-worsening/

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/05/150506055148505.html

Okojo Iweala made the revelation on the 6 May 2015. So, the question is, how come, all of a sudden, they are claiming that they left $30billion and another $2billion in the government coffers?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by nerodenero: 7:05am On Jun 24, 2015
One thing I am certain of is Polithiefcians will never say what they mean and never mean what they say.
Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by Orunto: 7:12am On Jun 24, 2015
Very good. Ewesu boy don vex with Mal. Daura. Why didn't you leave $37bn so that each state and FG/FCT can have a $bn each? Give him $5bn more from PDP left over campaign fund.
Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by papoose999(m): 7:24am On Jun 24, 2015
ds admin wan begin thief in advance...ds is part of d reason nigerians talk say mk d baba fulfil his campaign promise nd declare his assets in public but d dullards supportn d President Buhari no go hear remain remain five days mak 30days complete cos last tym I chckd dey say mk we give baba 30days

1 Like

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by 99100(m): 7:26am On Jun 24, 2015
D3 alias Dulladinho would keep giving excuses until his tenure elapses.

#onechancepresident.

1 Like

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by amanze15(m): 7:28am On Jun 24, 2015
Source?!
Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 24, 2015
Buhari doesn't understand the meaning of anything. He's clueless and hiding behind old age to spew thrash. He doesn't even know what External Reserve and Excesss Crude Account/Sovereign Wealth Fund are.

I hope they are not looting in advance?

4 Likes

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by Rotjijatau(m): 8:15am On Jun 24, 2015
Nonsense, buhari and Jonathan are two fools
Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by taposky: 8:18am On Jun 24, 2015
LordMecuzy:
He left $30billion?

How much be our budget?

Nigeria is broke Abeg with massive corruption and reduction in the price of World oil market
do you think $30billion is equal to N30 billion ? the money Mr ex president left is more than enough for someone to say he left an almost empty treasury

3 Likes

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by Bizibi(m): 8:19am On Jun 24, 2015
barcanista:
Buhari doesn't understand the meaning anything. He's clueless and hiding behind old age to spew thrash
what do you expect from an old man.....when I saw the news yesterday and the comments here,I just laughed it off....they should have told him the meaning of treasury before making........
Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by Bizibi(m): 8:20am On Jun 24, 2015
papoose999:
ds admin wan begin thief in advance...ds is part of d reason nigerians talk say mk d baba fulfil his campaign promise nd declare his assets in public but d dullards supportn d President Buhari no go hear remain remain five days mak 30days complete cos last tym I chckd dey say mk we give baba 30days
I fear Un fr this country,another name again

1 Like

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by ERCROSS(m): 8:23am On Jun 24, 2015
Please we need facts and figures... Not some politician trying to convince us they left fortunes in the treasury...
After our debt profile rose abruptly , now u claiming u left some shiiiit in the foreign reserve...
Na lie abeg...

2 Likes

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 24, 2015
Bizibi:
what do you expect from an old man.....when I saw the news yesterday and the comments here,I just laughed it off....they should have told him the meaning of treasury before making........
Bros, we are in serious trouble in this country. The other day it was Joda that said our budgetary deficit is not N1.3trillion but N7trillion. The man doesn't even have a clue what Budgetary deficit is. Now it is Buhari that is saying nonsense. Instead of these old men to retire home, they are dragging space with young sharp minds
Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by tunex23: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, we are in serious trouble in this country. The other day it was Joda that said our budgetary deficit is not N1.3trillion but N7trillion. The man doesn't even have a clue what Budgetary deficit is. Now it is Buhari that is saying nonsense. Instead of these old men to retire home, they are dragging space with young sharp minds
bros go and retire them, what are you waiting for? You don't even reason before typing

2 Likes

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by Bizibi(m): 8:31am On Jun 24, 2015
barcanista:
my brother,this 4 years go long ooo....someone should be appointed to put him through before he makes any statement
Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by talktimi(m): 8:36am On Jun 24, 2015
LordMecuzy:
[s]He left $30billion?

How much be our budget?

Nigeria is broke Abeg with massive corruption and reduction in the price of World oil market[/s]
olodo

1 Like

Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 24, 2015
Bizibi:
my brother,this 4 years go long ooo....someone should be appointed to put him through before he makes any statement
Someone should be appointed? D gods of APC are telling baba to ride on. They weren't prepared to lead a government but to run the chaotic parallel government.
Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by Nobody: 8:44am On Jun 24, 2015
Sai Buhari fans don't understand these things. There own is to carry broom (or cutlass) to chant Sai Buhari...Sai Baba...Change/Chanji

taposky:
do you think $30billion is equal to N30 billion ? the money Mr ex president left is more than enough for someone to say he left an almost empty treasury
Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by Dmano: 8:45am On Jun 24, 2015
For baba mind if tell Nigerian i met emty tresury they will say hey how is he going work 4geting dat he supose 2make his own money since he is supose 2pay salary at d end of d month and not at d beginning of d month. So oga get back 2 work,in d first place dis why we voted u. Enough of excuses haba
Re: I Left $30bn In The Treasury For You, Jonathan Replies Buhari by Bizibi(m): 8:46am On Jun 24, 2015
barcanista:
Someone should be appointed? D gods of APC are telling baba to ride on. They weren't prepared to lead a government but to run the chaotic parallel government.
oboy Mata wan change enter neutral be that.....I will just ignore the center and focus on my state

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Astronaut Tunde Abacha Stranded In Space LOLZ / Oyo Technically Bankrupt – Makinde / Governor Umahi Tasks Southeast Leaders On Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.