Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday (25887 Views)

How 36 States Shared N156.2bn In Two Months- The Vanguard / FG And Labour Set Up Committee To Review Fuel Price And Minimum Wage / FG And States Share Another N518.542b June Federation Revenue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by akwabassey: 6:54am On Jun 24, 2015
The three tiers of government, yesterday, shared a total sum of N 409.354 billion for the month of May.
This is made up of N324.061billion from statutory allocation, N56.04 billion from Value Added Tax, VAT, N6.330 billion as refund by the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, to Federal Government, as well as the N31.240 billion exchange gain.

The amount represents N30.113 billion increase from the N388.339 billion shared in the month of April
A break-down of the distributions showed that the Federal Government got N151.805 billion from statutory allocation, which represents 52.68 per cent, while states and local governments received N76.998 billion and N59.362 billion respectively, representing 26.72 per cent and 20.60 per cent.

On Value Added Tax, VAT, the Federal Government received N182 billion, the states and local governments got N27.274 billion and N19.092 respectively.

On the other hand, the oil producing states shared N29.071 billion as the 13 per cent derivation against 23.109 billion shared in the previous month.
Briefing journalists at the end of the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee, FAAC, meeting, the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Finance, Mrs. Anastasia Nwaobia disclosed that the gross revenue of N324.061 billion received for the month was higher than the N282.062 billion received in April by N41.999 billion, due to the improvement from the refund to Federal and the exchange gain added to the revenue.

Nwaobia said Federal Government has taken steps to block all the identified leakages in the system and hoped that the source of revenue to government will continue to improve in coming months.

Under the excess crude account, ECA, she explained that the reserve stood at 2.78 billion dollars as at yesterday, from which they had the refund of N6.360 billion.

Commenting on the $1.18 billion dollar missing from the NNPC forensic audit report, she said the “matter is being considered and when decision is taken, information will be made public on it.”
On why they could not hold FAAC meeting, last week, the permanent secretary said the meeting could not hold due to some reasons, some of which was that the minister and commissioners were no longer there and that the Accountant General of the Federation exited office on June.

On the issue of Federal Government owing salaries, she dismissed the claim, saying that there was no agency nor ministry owed by Federal Government and expressed hope that states owing salaries would pay their workers accordingly after this FAAC meeting.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/fg-others-share-n409-354bn/
Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by Mogidi: 6:54am On Jun 24, 2015
I thought Buhari met an empty treasury?

173 Likes 16 Shares

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by fitzmayowa: 6:56am On Jun 24, 2015
Mogidi:

I guess PMB was sleeping when he made the statement...grin grin

129 Likes 10 Shares

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by okosodo: 6:57am On Jun 24, 2015
With empty treasury o

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by olasmith10(m): 6:57am On Jun 24, 2015
Good thing is allocations won't b shared with sentiments again!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by Runaway: 6:57am On Jun 24, 2015
I thought APshit said their was no money in the treasury?

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by Fineboi2(m): 6:58am On Jun 24, 2015
and BAba dey lie say Jona don finish Treasury undecided

Seriously. . . where's the Chanji Baba promised Us

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by Maxymilliano(m): 7:01am On Jun 24, 2015
Thought the treasury is said to be virtually empty or is that from the remnants

54 Likes

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 24, 2015
I thought Buhari said GEJ made away with all our money? Nigerian politicians are all the same.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:07am On Jun 24, 2015
This can't be true, where them see that money abi treasury no empty again?

This apc go kill us for the next 4 years with lies o.

Meanwhile good morning duara dullard illiterate president.

86 Likes

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by ascaris(m): 7:10am On Jun 24, 2015
APC should understand that Nigerians will not be taken for simpletons any more. Campaigns are over! It is time to work, no more LIES!

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by kettykin: 7:15am On Jun 24, 2015
Believe APC and you can believe anything,the people I pity most are the gullible innocent Nigerians in their homes waiting endlessly for change to happen.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by lumzybo: 7:15am On Jun 24, 2015
To all those guys saying empty treasury, wake up from ur slumber. YES he culd av met empty treasure the money shared myt be from the money realised sinx PMB assumed office. We shldnt forget the fact that Nigeria make money on a daily basis from the sales of crude and other things.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by rozayx5(m): 7:16am On Jun 24, 2015
President Buhari said we r broke

36 Likes

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by solarview(m): 7:17am On Jun 24, 2015
S
for

1 Like

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by fitzmayowa: 7:18am On Jun 24, 2015
okosodo:
With empty treasury o

Maybe PMB has gotten another word to replace empty...cheesy cheesy

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by fitzmayowa: 7:18am On Jun 24, 2015
ascaris:
APC should understand that Nigerians will not be taken for simpletons any more. Campaigns are over! It is time to work, no more LIES!

kettykin:
Believe APC and you can believe anything,the people I pity most are the gullible innocent Nigerians in their homes waiting endlessly for change to happen.

There is a limit to where propaganda can take you, i guess they are still in shock they won the presidential election, with all the campaign like press release flying everywhere...

I hope we are not in for 4 years of excuses...SMH

36 Likes

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by Bifwoli: 7:19am On Jun 24, 2015
Mogidi:

He's more used to empty granaries up north that's why he's confused .

25 Likes

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by kettykin: 7:22am On Jun 24, 2015
lumzybo:
To all those guys saying empty treasury, wake up from ur slumber. YES he culd av met empty treasure the money shared myt be from the money realised sinx PMB assumed office. We shldnt forget the fact that Nigeria make money on a daily basis from the sales of crude and other things.

So the day he checked the treasury there was no crude oil sales or the money had not been remitted.
The problem with you people is you think every nigerian can be fooled.

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by SUBMARINE: 7:23am On Jun 24, 2015
kettykin:

It is the Educated Southern Slaves I pity the most.

Imagine a non-graduate mallam deceiving the sophisticated mumus that he has the solution to our national problem. grin

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by chigoizie7(m): 7:24am On Jun 24, 2015
I tot he met empty treasury,
+ d almost nine billion naira wardrobe allowance.
Mtcheeew.

23 Likes

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by abtmaviz(m): 7:31am On Jun 24, 2015
Fineboi2:
and BAba dey lie say Jona don finish Treasury undecided

Seriously. . . where's the Chanji Baba promised Us

With empty treasury.. You believe Dogo yaro n APC is like saying my grandma is a virgin.. Mtcheew undecided

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by lumzybo: 7:32am On Jun 24, 2015
kettykin:

So the day he checked the treasury there was no crude oil sales or the money had not been remitted.
The problem with you people is you think every nigerian can be fooled.

It possible he emptied the treasury sinx he knew he was no longer the president. This is a possibility. Not that I believed what PMB said but our politicians always believe in wrecking havoc 4 the incoming government.

This is typical of an ousted politician. GEJ isn't an exception
Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by huptin(m): 7:33am On Jun 24, 2015
So far VAT contributes about 46% of total government earnings and some idiots will be shouting that Lagos( which generates about 80% of the VAT) was built with oyel money. Mad people.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by bobbiekrantz: 7:35am On Jun 24, 2015
fitzmayowa:

There is a limit to where propaganda can take you, i guess they are still in shock they won the presidential election, with all the campaign like press release flying everywhere...

this is what happens when you do nothing but remain jobless by dusting a public toilet cleaner's shoes

Fool,,,,I need to tell you that the elections have come and gone

you APCheats didn't see the part when your senile president declared the treasury empty

guess you are simply brainwashed by jobless almajiris

get wise and stop being a gullible slowpoke

12 Likes

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by bobbiekrantz: 7:37am On Jun 24, 2015
fitzmayowa:

sorry,,,didn't mean to quote you

that was meant for APcheats

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by UnknownT: 7:41am On Jun 24, 2015
I wonder the amount that will be left after the banks must have deducted the loans the respective states owe. Make the civil servants go government houses go wait for these governors now wey the money still fresh

8 Likes

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 24, 2015
lumzybo:

Sorry, but did you use your brain while typing this? Has Buhari paid any money into ECA? The blindness in some of you APC Supporters is damning. I pity some of you because, even Buhari would shudder at your gullibility. Anyway, you are all products of Alh Liar Mohammed.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by yurme(m): 7:47am On Jun 24, 2015
lumzybo:
ahh bros sufry dy lie nw so President Buhari nahh knw say em dy mk money daily? B4 e say na empty treasury hm meet

18 Likes

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by PassingShot(m): 7:58am On Jun 24, 2015
Seriously, many people on this forum need to go back to school and get quality education.

So, the fact that PMB may have indeed met "virtually empty treasury" now translates to no money to run the country?

Learn to put words into contextual meaning. "Virtually empty" may actually mean far less than what was expected.

And the fact that Nigeria has earned more money every blessed day since May 29 is enough to have money to share again.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by mrmetoo1: 8:00am On Jun 24, 2015
Wow!! Kids, if a country says it's broke it doesn't mean it doesn't have money at all. All it means is, it's financial obligations outweigh what they have. They shared N400b+ yesterday but let's put that into perspective, FG and states owe construction companies N600B. That's just one of the numerous industries FG and states owe money. A lot of agencies are being owed money. A healthcare agency just reported today that it has not gotten any allowance since August last year. Again this is the same situation in almost every government agency.

Anyway at least they reported an increase from April due to improvements in refunds. I hope that continues with the steps the FG has taken to block leakages, I hope we continue to see increase as the months go by.

11 Likes

Re: FG And States Shared N409.354bn Yesterday by olasmith10(m): 8:00am On Jun 24, 2015
Mogidi:

"almost empty treasury" go and read again!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Yusuf Buhari To Be Flown To Germany After Motorcycle Accident / EFCC Arrests Charles Soludo - SaharaReporters / Support Jonathan, PDP Begs Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.