Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun (22525 Views)

Lere Olayinka Analyzes Photos Of President Buhari With Oyegun & Governors / Atiku Meets With Oyegun Over 2019 Presidential Ambition / Saraki's Meeting With Oyegun And APC Leaders Cancelled Abruptly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by NEVERForget: 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Chief John Odigie-Oyegun yesterday met with the Senate President Dr Bukola Saraki and Speaker House of Representatives Hon Yakubu Dogara over key issues regarding the two chambers.

Yesterday’s meeting which took place at Oyegun’s Abuja home was the APC Chairman’s first formal meeting with Saraki and Dogara since their election which was against the party’s directive.

The party had endorsed Senate Ahmed Lawan and Hon Femi Gbajabiamila for Senate President and House Speaker respectively.

Although some party officials were at the APC National secretariat waiting for the arrival of the Senate President and the Speaker, the parley which lasted for some hours instead took place at the private home of the National Chairman.

The meeting was attended by Sen. Lawan and other APC legislators .According to a source at the meeting, the parley focused on the need to work with the party in choosing principal officers for the two chambers.

But beyond that, the source disclosed that a truce was brokered between the party and the National Assembly leaders.

The source said “It is a private meeting and they were able to settle all the outstanding disputes relating to the sharing of principal positions at the national assembly.

“It all now appears that the APC senators and the federal house of representatives members will go to tomorrow’s (Tuesday) plenary sessions united”.

Oyegun’s meeting with with the Senate President ,bit was learnt was first held before that of Dogara.

Dogara attended the meeting with his deputy, Hon Lasun Suleiman.

Journalists were barred from the premises. Elaborating on the agenda of the meeting , the source said the meeting was called to straighten the strained relationship between the party and the leadership of the two chambers.

Oyegun had in a statement he personally signed assured Nigerians that the party was working hard to resolve the crisis that had rocked it in recent times, to pave the way for the fulfillment of its campaign promises to Nigerians.

”The party has reached out to all interested parties, and when the National assembly resumes next week, Nigerians will see one harmonious, happy APC family,” he had said.

”We owe it to our party, our teeming members and supporters and indeed all Nigerians who reposed so much confidence in us by voting us into office to quickly put the unfortunate incidents of the recent past behind us and forge ahead‎.”

Senate President, Saraki who was scheduled to meet with the APC leadership days after his election but the meeting was called off for reason not given.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/nass-crisis-finally-saraki-dogara-settle-with-oyegun/

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by Mogidi: 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
You posted a story of 22/06/2015, check today's date, lalsticlala this is old news.

Todays Punch (on the front page) nullified this story.

[size=14pt]APC Senators Fight As Truce Meeting Fails Again - Punch[/size]

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-senators-fight-as-truce-meeting-fails-again/

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
This is Nigeria. You can do and undo.
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by Ezenwammadu(m): 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
STALE NEWS

3 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by atlwireles: 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
Old story, after this meeting came the kung fu panda moment in the Senate. grin grin grin

12 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by obontami: 5:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
My father was very fond of reading newspapers, When
ever he comes across any abuse of office or irregularity in
social services by the public officials, i can hear him hissing
and said this country is desperately in need of buhari. At
first i thought that the word "buhari" was a sinonym of
solution but i subsequently exposed to the reality that buhari
was a name of past nigerian president who has spirit of
goodwill to tranform nigeria. I asks father, who is that
buhari? He replied me that he was once a great nigerian
leader who was overthrown by bad people that wanted to
subject nigerians masses in to extereme life and deny them
their civil responsilities. I have today confirmed my father's
truth now that buhari has done what jonathan and the PDP
failed to achieve in their 16years in just less than a month.

19 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by Awotee(m): 5:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
Sort of they've gat no choice
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
I hate "Nigeria"
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by bloodkiIler: 5:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
Oyegun is vulture
he has no choice than to settle with saraki or he'll get booted out.

Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by Mogidi: 5:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
This is what Punch reported today.

[size=14pt]APC Senators Fight As Truce Meeting Fails Again - Punch[/size]

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-senators-fight-as-truce-meeting-fails-again/

6 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by wildchild1: 5:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
Afterall,they are still members of the same political party... APC...CHANGE!!!

In other news,30pairs of TOMS available for sale
https://www.nairaland.com/2392439/100-pairs-toms-unisex-shoes
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by tucky200(m): 5:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by UnknownT: 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
To me, Oyegun is just doing "Someone's" bidding as a Party Chairman. I don't think he is that powerful. Soon he may be termed "Mere Chairman"

2 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by Rilwayne001: 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
_[
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by Samguine: 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
Which news are we going to believe now? sad
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by ERODEDEAST(f): 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
Are they sure they can't fight saraki na
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by phrezzz: 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
I Dont give a f!!
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by KINGTELLER: 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
Good development... In other news... I await the sanction of Sen. Tinubu on this matter cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by jaybee104(m): 5:07pm On Jun 24, 2015
Fighting for their families and not nigeria
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by phrezzz: 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
Should we fly?
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by seyilee(m): 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I hate "Nigeria"
GO TU HELL

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by major466(m): 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I hate "Nigeria"
Relax. This story is old news.
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by elohorayodele: 5:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
lets see if gbaja and lawan gets their godfada given posts, then we know if that was a true reconciliation
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by raumdeuter: 5:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
Interesting
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by sammyj: 5:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
Old story. APC leadership should quickly resolve their internal rancor before its get out of hand !!!
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by kay29000(m): 5:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
Hmm! Information bombardment these days...Hard to believe all one reads. Anyway, for the men out there,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by Blackchampion(m): 5:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I hate "Nigeria"
Try Equatorial Guinea

2 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by Masculity(m): 5:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
APC CHANGE

gringringrin
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by sdindan: 5:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
Odikwa tight
Re: NASS Crisis: Finally, Saraki, Dogara Settle With Oyegun by mrking3(m): 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
obontami:
[s]My father was very fond of reading a newspapers, What
ever he comes across any abuse of office or irregularity in
social services by the public officials, i can hear him hissing
and said this country is desperately in need of buhari. At
first i thought that the word "buhari" was a sinonym of
solution but i subsequently exposed to the reality that buhari
was a name of past nigerian president who has spirit of
goodwill to tranform nigeria. I asks father, who is that
buhari? He replied me that he was once a great nigerian
leader who was overthrown by bad people that wanted to
subject nigerians masses in to extereme life and deny them
their civil responsilities. I have today confirmed my father's
truth now that buhari has done what jonathan and the PDP
failed to achieve in their 16years in just less than a month.[/s]
Type In English Please!

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG, Senate Face-off Deepens Divisions Among APC Senators / Akwa Ibom Women Shutdown Streets Of Uyo In Solidarity For Udom / Investigate Feeding Cost Of My Family From 2011 To 2019 - Rochas To Ihedioha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.