Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,808 members, 7,956,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:34 PM

Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 (47206 Views)

Lagos Bans Interstate Vehicles along Ikorodu Road. / Truck Crushes A Toyota Highlander At Fadeyi, Ikorodu Road (photos) / Two Bike Men In Accident On Ikorodu Road (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by hensben(m): 5:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
wisefizz:

insanity
chai! see wetin u reduce that guy land to..#wikid grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Neplusultra(f): 5:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

The Igbos were making great strides in education back then....covering up the gap between them and the SW.

(And if you mist recall....the first Nigerian VC of the University of Ibadan was.........an Igbo man. .Prof Kenneth Dike.).

And I am not Ibo by the way....or Yoruba.
Oga iv bin wanting say you are Nairaland's patriotic and detribalized Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by LamLam15: 5:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
ELTON123:

Loll make I just de observe cool

I don't exchange words with babies but you need to wake up from your slumber. Foreigners don't develop a place except if they control they control their govt as in slavery (eg when Nigeria was under the briths)

Foreigners only compliment development or are the "ibos" the ones building Lagos roads; providing infrastructures? Do they hate themselves so much that they refused to replicate same supposed development in the East?
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 24, 2015
ELTON123:

Loll make I just de observe cool

visit n tour the SE
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by chubbygal(f): 6:00pm On Jun 24, 2015
INTROVERT:
So was it no man's land? grin grin grin

This your FTC thing is becoming too......... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by MrCork: 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
cao:

You do know there's a road called Bangays Way* in Kent, right? I'm assuming you read the Metro newspaper, since this was in the press recently... And technically, we can always complain about Welsh roads, since the Welsh are very fond of consonants. So please, carry this your mentality and throw it away.

*For those who might be interested, it was named after Frank Bangay, a parish councillor from that area.

^^^^^see this village gyal talkin to a whole Londoner any how?....sweeery doesit looklike am on yor level?...hav u even been to London sef?... I cant imagine drivin any of ma car in that place Nigeria...YOU HOMEBASE PEOPLE MENNNNN!! (no ofeinse) undecided

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by kilokeys(m): 6:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
If my grandfather had bought some hectares at the place ehn.. Chai. See hammer..

Make me sef go buy land for bush o
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by INTROVERT(f): 6:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
chubbygal:

This your FTC thing is becoming too......... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

This is my first today...
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 24, 2015
Now we have seen that we all developed lagos.
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by ELTON123(m): 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
LamLam15:

I don't exchange words with babies but you need to wake up from your slumber. Foreigners don't develop a place except if they control they control their govt as in slavery (eg when Nigeria was under the briths)

Foreigners only compliment development or are the "ibos" the ones building Lagos roads; providing infrastructures? Do they hate themselves so much that they refused to replicate same supposed development in the East?
na me u de speak grammer for? abeg u don high
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by chrisifeanyi: 6:06pm On Jun 24, 2015
Was that not JKK building am seeing there? So that building has been ridiculing graduates since 1890.
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by cao(f): 6:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
MrCork:

^^^^^see this village gyal talkin to a whole Londoner any how?....sweeery doesit looklike am on yor level?...hav u even been to London sef?... I cant imagine drivin any of ma car in that place Nigeria...YOU HOMEBASE PEOPLE MENNNNN!! (no ofeinse) undecided

You do know that London is not the only place in England, right? Apparently, a whole you does not know the free newspaper Metro or are you too posh to use the Underground or National rail in the South East? Clap for yourself. So please re-educate yourself.

Coincidentally, I'm on the train at this exact moment reading my Metro.
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Orikinla(m): 6:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
Ploutos:
Lagos - Ikorodu road in 1947. There was no Obanikoro, Onipanu, Anthony, Palmgroove, e.t.c.
But there were "Gbomogbomo" kidnappers, armed robbers and charmers then.
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
tkcosby02:

The Igbos were still wearing leaves thent grin

Wow !!! Igbos were wearing leaves n yet the very first vice chancellor of UNN is Professor Eni Njoku and the first VC of UNI Ibadan was professor Kenneth dike.

I see, wen we wore leaves, SWaste were stack na.ked..
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by MrCork: 6:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
cao:

You do know that London is not the only place in England, right? Apparently, a whole you does not know the free newspaper Metro or are you too posh to use the Underground or National rail in the South East? Clap for yourself. So please re-educate yourself.

Coincidentally, I'm on the train at this exact moment reading my Metro.

STOP LYIN MEENNNNNN....DID IT TAKE U 5 MINUTE TO WALK FROM THAT NIGERIA TO OUR LONDON.....SWEERY QUIT TRYN TO IMPRESS ME COZ IT AINT GOOOONO WORK. u NEVAR BEEN TO LONDON AND U R IN THAT AFRICA PLACE!!!! (no ooofeinse) angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by boolet: 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:

In those days....most regions had not discovered ''tarred roads''.

Plus....most people did not have cars to drive back then.....so the Colonial govt decided not to tar the roads.(because it would not have made financial sense....plus we already had a rail system....albeit favoring the export of agric goods)

(In favour of the SW....they had a university under construction then! smiley)

Tribalism is wrong.

(Usual disclaimer....I am from a minority tribe....so ....don't go there!)

Modified....For those interested in some history.....this paper might be of interest.

Urban road transportation in Nigeria from 1960-2006 Problems,prospects and challenges:

[url=http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC4QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ajol.info%2Findex.php%2Fejesm%2Farticle%2Fdownload%2F41565%2F8865&ei=mN-KVf-VMOSr7AaYyIHoDw&usg=AFQjCNG0cwnafRsJYz3_DnFvjWMLB9aEcA&sig2=T5IEdETARY8Tx0MpcPckrg&bvm=bv.96440147,d.ZGU]Link here[/url]
Thanks for the link.
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by MrCork: 6:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
but sweeeriously...why are all thise homebase people all ways tryn to impress us Londoners?....All am sayn is giv yor gadddem roads nice names like London Bridge or even sef, elepant and castle .....and for the record, elepant & castle is not a zoo....its a area!! (no ofeinse) angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by ladenz(m): 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
MrCork:

OK...NO OFEINSE TO U PEOPLE THER IN THAT PLace NIGERIA BUT DONT YOR ROAD HAV NICE NAMES LIKE BAKER STREET, BOND STREET, PICADILY CIRCUS, MARBLE ARCH OR EVEN SEF, KILBURN HIGH ROAD...... HOW DO U EXPET WE LONDONERS TO TAKE U SERRIOUS WHEN U HAV ROAD CALLD IKOKODUDUKOKO ROAD??...Wha the heck!!! (no oofeinse) undecided

Londoner Londoner. Which school in London did you go to that you cant spell words like, 'offense', 'have', 'expect', 'serious', 'called',... Heck you didnt even spell 'Piccadilly' right. Better come to school in Nigeria where we our roads have funny names but our kids can spell right wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Swagk101(m): 6:16pm On Jun 24, 2015
MrCork:

OK...NO OFEINSE TO U PEOPLE THER IN THAT PLace NIGERIA BUT DONT YOR ROAD HAV NICE NAMES LIKE BAKER STREET, BOND STREET, PICADILY CIRCUS, MARBLE ARCH OR EVEN SEF, KILBURN HIGH ROAD...... HOW DO U EXPET WE LONDONERS TO TAKE U SERRIOUS WHEN U HAV ROAD CALLD IKOKODUDUKOKO ROAD??...Wha the heck!!! (no oofeinse) undecided
Hey dumb nigga, please type in english.Expet=expect, serrious=serious etc
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by LamLam15: 6:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
ELTON123:

Seriously, just checked you out and I realised I must be very high.....
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by LamLam15: 6:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
ELTON123:

Seriously, just checked you out and I realised I must be very high.....lol
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by MrCork: 6:20pm On Jun 24, 2015
ladenz:

Londoner Londoner. Which school in London did you go to that you cant spell words like, 'offense', 'have', 'expect', 'serious', 'called',... Heck you didnt even spell 'Piccadilly' right. Better come to school in Nigeria where we our roads have funny names but our kids can spell right wink

^^^see this orddinary mechanic lookin boy talkin to awhole Londoner anyhow?....am I on yor level?...bro be nice to me an I will post u £10 cash to buy suit ther in Nigeria!!! (no oofeinse) angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by MrCork: 6:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
Swagk101:
Hey dumb nigga, please type in english.Expet=expect, serrious=serious etc

...br u nevar been to London so I muss ignore u....and to be honest, u stand a shance to get Visa to London of u talk to me wit respect!! angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
LamLam15:

While they refused to develop "Igboland"?

Yeye dey smell.....you better wake up before it's too late.

Please try n step out of that ur SW n visit Igbo land. ur perception of igbos will change forever.
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by cao(f): 6:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
MrCork:

STOP LYIN MEENNNNNN....DID IT TAKE U 5 MINUTE TO WALK FROM THAT NIGERIA TO OUR LONDON.....SWEERY QUIT TRYN TO IMPRESS ME COZ IT AINT GOOOONO WORK. u NEVAR BEEN TO LONDON AND U R IN THAT AFRICA PLACE!!!! (no ooofeinse) angry

I see English isn't your first language. London is not the only city in England, you really can't be this thick...

Note to self: Never rely on mobile data on the train, it will take ages to send once you pass Frimley.
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by LamLam15: 6:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
chuna1985:

Please try n step out of that ur SW n visit Igbo land. ur perception of igbos will change forever.

The last time I visited, I was duped by your brothers that sold half sand, half Zinc to me as complete Zinc (Zn) making me to loose a lot of money. You don't need to tell me what the place looks like cos am perfectly aware.

I don't hate the igbos, on the contrary I have a quite number of fantastic ones (as business partners. Even met some in the North) but the bulk of others are blind to see the truth or maybe they can see but can't comprehend.
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Truckpusher(m): 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
INTROVERT:
So was it no man's land? grin grin grin
You like trouble I swear. grin
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by MrCork: 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
cao:

I see English isn't your first language. London is not the only city in England, you really can't be this thick...

Note to self: Never rely on mobile data on the train, it will take ages to send once you pass Frimley.

..so u lie u in the UK..abi..tryn to impress me..cool... are u lightskin?.. u fine? angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by anonimi: 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
fatdon2:
This is what i call Development.

A drawing based on borrow borrow oyinbo technology in a state where many children are OUT of school
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by cao(f): 6:42pm On Jun 24, 2015
MrCork:

..so u lie u in the UK..abi..tryn to impress me..cool... are u lightskin?.. u fine? angry
Lie? Why would I lie? Impress who? I'm simply stating facts, it's not my fault that you appear to be ignorant about the country you live in. Or should I say claim to live in... since you were so quick to assume I would lie about a trivial thing - my location.
Re: Lagos - Ikorodu Road In 1947 by Sagamite(m): 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
Brings back memories of when I used to trek this bush path to get to my high school before they turned it into the city centre of today. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) / Nigerians Abroad: What Advise Will You Give Anyone Relocating Abroad? / 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.