Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party (18213 Views)

Maitama Sule's Body Received By Governor Ganduje, Saraki & Others in Kano (Pics) / We Will Write Your Resignation Letter, Nigerians Abroad Tell Saraki / Resign Now, Labour Unions Tell Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by deltateam: 9:52am On Jun 25, 2015
Rochas Okoroacha lacks merit on this matter and should keep mute. What does he know about respect for party?

He was first elected under Apga party but disregarded and disrespected party leadership by pitching tent with APC. He's a traitor and a saboteur.

Let him pay state workers their many months salaries.
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by Tstone1(m): 9:57am On Jun 25, 2015
Rexnegro:

He won't dare to defect cos apc will impeach him since they re the majority upper n lower house. The more I see saraki d more I hate him..he's a traitor by all standard. A man is not above his party. Saraki disrespected the president by not answering his call when pmb summoned them when he came back from G7 summit to resolve the perceived crisis and went ahead for d election in d senate.... That's what they call "palace coup". I pray he's dealt with soonest. I have listened to legal practioners men with advanced knowledge about politic and the rules...most of them said electing principal officers is a party tin so the party govt executives can carry their campaign promises in one accord. Saraki was never apc choice cos he came when the food don done. Saraki was never a pioneer founders of apc so na wetin pain apc be that .
No he can't! He will need to be ejected provided there is 2/3 of the sitting house which sorry APC does not have. All he need to do is to garner some loyal APC senators to himself and still liaise well with PDP senators...then they can seize majority from you guys!
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by change49ja: 10:02am On Jun 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Buhari should Reign on this traitor called Saraki, let him defect to PDP and dig his political grave!

Enough of this nonsense pettings!

Well said

1 Like

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by mayorski01(m): 10:06am On Jun 25, 2015
Correctman0606:
Most time I ask myself if there are no other illitrate and block headed Nigerians like Buhari. From history no party has ever impossed any members on assembly members on who should rule or be their leader. Buhari's dumbness and foolishness is getting him appears below the level of typical nuisance individuals. He thinks this is still the millitary ear, where forgering was the other of the day. Someone should tell those stockpile of dunces, that this a civilise era.
What is this guy saying, from the start parties have always imposed on the senate who thier leader should be, you never knew about this because it was an in-party decision. APC took the shortcut method to becoming the majority party and that was done so as to get Nigeria the needed change it deserves. Obviously you have no respect for elders so i wont comment on your calling the president names, but what i just dont understand is that are you so dumb not to have noticed if Buhari had imposed a leader on the house we wouldnt be having this problem now, infact the only problem i am having with him is his civility, he needs to rule with a strong hand
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by change49ja: 10:08am On Jun 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
I am happy, that even his core supporters are now feeling highly embarrassed by his selfish action.

Saraki should not and Can Never be bigger than his Party! Expel Him Now, Heaven Will Not Fall!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by mayorski01(m): 10:10am On Jun 25, 2015
kastonkastrol:
I swear down, I don't just know why the party won't expel saraki and his minions outta the party. Atiku can burn for all I care. And what pisses me the most in this saga is the "I don't care attitude" of mr president.
its not an "i dont care attitude". trust me the guy is regretting his decision not to have imposed a leader on the house. APC it appears to me got everything right in ousting PDP from power but have little idea about keeping power
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by Drjemiyo: 10:12am On Jun 25, 2015
APC/PMB should deal with saraki and dogara decisively using state apparatus should they disobey the party this time. The sanction should be meted out early and pave way for stability of the party early in the regime.they should not mind the cost even if they defect.APC will win re-election if she does the wishes of nigerians.the country and the party is greater than saraki and dogara,we the masses own th power.they should purge the party early enough and face governance.
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by front247: 10:15am On Jun 25, 2015
whyteone:

It is very obvious the president is politically naïve.As a party man he must not only show interest in what plays out at the NASS but also take active part in the goings on.The success/failure of his government lies squarely in the hands of a 'friendly' NASS leadership.So it comes down to political naivety when the president said he wasn't going to INTERFER.
upon all d learned people in dis country. All we could do is to pick a dullard as our president
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by deejayALFY(m): 10:19am On Jun 25, 2015
Noblechykk:

If your so called baba is truly for change, he will support what Saraki has done. it is called democracy in action.
SO U CALL DISRESPECT TU CONSTITUTED AUTORITIES OR PARTY STRUCTURES A DEMOCRACY IN ACTION...I SMH FOR UR REASONIN N LEVEL OF COMPREHENSION
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by 989900: 10:23am On Jun 25, 2015
kastonkastrol:
This political miscalculation often gives me a heartache. like how the heck did that mofo called saraki became the senate Leader baffles me till today.

The party need to expel that saraki plus atiku out of the party, I don't actually give a flying phuck if he goes back to PDP or any other party. As long as saraki is booted out of APC is very okay by me.

our Change is incomplete with people like saraki still dictating for the party..... gosh

I feel like puking each time I see Saraki's face.

Honestly . . . been trying to avoid any article related to him . . .
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by midolian(m): 10:27am On Jun 25, 2015
viczing:

This not your house shit and kids thing this politics and politics has never been sexy
The parable was never meant for f00ls like ya.
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by otr1(m): 10:43am On Jun 25, 2015
Mr President, Saraki will roll away like a scroll before you, if you could use just a fraction of your power.
Punish one, teach a hundred. It won't hurt. angry
After loyalty come ability, skill and competence, not before.
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by tadkem: 11:12am On Jun 25, 2015
Saraki is a TRAITOR and a very desperate individual who needed to be taught a good lesson. It's a matter of time for such persn to meet his waterloo, just watch the moview as it unveil itself.
God bless Nigeria
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by Joeoku78: 11:36am On Jun 25, 2015
Is Saraki above being probed by the EFCC? This is a man having corrupt records with EFCC and Buhari knows that and is afraid to deal with him using EFCC. Is this Buhari thesame Buhari of 1983? Let me not believe that Buhari came to sleep on the presidency of nigeria instead of doing his work as promised to nigerians to fight corruption
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by Praktikals(m): 11:41am On Jun 25, 2015
midolian:
Honestly, The guy deserves to be tought some lesson. I am sure he won't get away with this. He surely won't.

I support the way Buhari/APC are pampering him. I remember when I was a kid. Sometimes If I offended my mum, she would pretend as if she had forgotten and forgiven me by pampering me. And when I go to bed @ night, she would wake me up with the flogging of my life.
How will APC deal with him? When he delivered ALL the elective positions in Kwara state to APC, nobody made noice o.
For your information, Saraki is like a mosquito on APC's 'egg roll'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by bluaero(m): 12:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
uncle005:
Did you see your life?illiterate master you call him, you should hide your face in shame, an illiterate is your president, that means your certificate is only valid on NAIRALAND

You must be a goat
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by nkem123(m): 12:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress governors have asked the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, to accept the party’s nominees for the remaining leadership positions in the Senate.

They stated this position at a meeting, Tuesday night, at the Presidential Villa.

The leadership of the APC had nominated Senators Ahmed Lawan from North East zone as Senate Leader, George Akume from the North Central zone as Deputy Senate Leader, Sola Adeyeye from the South West as Chief Whip and Abu Ibrahim as Deputy Whip.

In the House of Representatives, the party nominated Femi Gbajabiamila as House Leader, Alhassan Doguma as Deputy House Leader, Mohammed Monguno as Chief Whip and Parry Iriase as Deputy Whip.

There were, however, indications that Mr. Saraki objected the nominations.

His supporters under the aegis of “Like Minds Senators” are opposed to the nominations and have insisted on zoning the positions independent of the party.

However, those in the Unity Forum, a group which backed Mr. Lawan for the position of Senate President, insisted that those nominated by the party for the positions should be allowed to adopted by the Senate.

A closed-door meeting of the Senate on Tuesday to resolve the lingering disagreement had ended in a brawl.

Rising from the meeting at the Presidential Villa, which ended early hours of Wednesday, Mr. Buhari and the governors asked Mr. Saraki to respect the party’s position.

They resolved that the governors should meet immediately with the senate president and the APC senators to ask them to obey the party’s directive.

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, who is the Chairman of the APC Governors forum, told journalists he and his colleagues were bothered that the party’s lawmakers were showing disrespect for it even though they were elected on its platform.

“With all these achievements and progress we are making, we are worried by the pockets of disagreements going on at the National Assembly,” he said.

“We have resolved that we came from a party and our party’s views should be respected. So, we feel that there is the need for us to invite our senators and look more into the matter and see how we can all make peace.

“We believe that everyone should respect our party from which we all came from and for that reason, we have decided that we are going to invite our senators and rub minds with them.

“We are saying that there should not be a winner-takes-it-all; that we should carry everybody along and accommodate others as suggested by the party.”

Mr. Okorocha said the governors had also praised the president for his efforts to revamp the economy which is in shambles.

Also speaking, the Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, said the meeting resolved that the APC senators should align with the party’s position.

He said, “We were all elected on the platform of the party. We are not just a collection of individuals, we are a political party and when the party has spoken we must listen. If it was a game of individuals, like golf, then individuals can go their way.

“I think it is very clear at this point that the party has the responsibility to keep the system going, so we as progressive governors, we have listened to the President and we have discussed extensively and we are clear that the party’s position should be supported by the senators.

“This is the way it should be and we should start on a note of working closely. We as governors, we listen to the party, we expect our senators to also listen to the party.

“We are going to call them and tell them this is it and explain our reasons. It is about party supremacy.”

It Is, however, not clear if the governors met with Mr. Saraki to inform him about the decision of the meeting.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/185607-nass-leadership-crisis-buhari-apc-govs-tell-saraki-others-to-respect-party.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
now I see why OBJ style of leadership is d best for a country like Nigeria.
can Saraki try this nonsense if OBJ is d president? PMB has to swing into action and deal with this leopard called Saraki nt minding d constitutional breaches and let him go to court.
this issue of 'I want to be a democrat by PMB is d reason why Saraki is spitting on his face.
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by nkem123(m): 12:19pm On Jun 25, 2015
nkem123:

now I see why OBJ style of leadership is d best for a country like Nigeria.
can Saraki try this nonsense if OBJ is d president? PMB has to swing into action and deal with this leopard called Saraki nt minding d constitutional breaches and let him go to court.
this issue of 'I want to be a democrat by PMB is d reason why Saraki is spitting on his face.hw can one man suddenly become more powerful than d party under which he was elected.pure democracy wount work in Nigeria, there have to be some element of dictatorship for things to move smoothly..
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 12:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
When APC amassed rebels u ppl never knew it would backfire abi. All u guys are learners I still stand by the time things take shape buhari's case would be worse than jonathan.
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by Correctman0606: 1:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
mayorski01:

What is this guy saying, from the start parties have always imposed on the senate who thier leader should be, you never knew about this because it was an in-party decision. APC took the shortcut method to becoming the majority party and that was done so as to get Nigeria the needed change it deserves. Obviously you have no respect for elders so i wont comment on your calling the president names, but what i just dont understand is that are you so dumb not to have noticed if Buhari had imposed a leader on the house we wouldnt be having this problem now, infact the only problem i am having with him is his civility, he needs to rule with a strong hand
You are calling me dumb abi? How would you describe a man who forged certificate. Buhari is the comfirmed nuisance of our time. His head is as empty as an empty drum. Block headed and a senil vegetable president. Serve you well. If you attempts to quote me again, I swear, I will make you cry openly
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by mayorski01(m): 2:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
Correctman0606:
You are calling me dumb abi? How would you describe a man who forged certificate. Buhari is the comfirmed nuisance of our time. His head is as empty as an empty drum. Block headed and a senil vegetable president. Serve you well. If you attempts to quote me again, I swear, I will make you cry openly
hehehe.. i swear NL is never short of fools.
1) u use CONFIRM not COMFIRM, what are you, a Lagos Tout.
2) Empty as an Empty Drum.. Guy my little brother makes better comparisons than that, where did you learn your English
3) Serve you well. I dont know what this phrase was supposed to mean but next time my guy its SERVES
4) Its not ATTEMPTS its ATTEMPT, by now I'm sure you are a Lagos Tout
5) Cry Openly? please tell me you didnt say that.
I thought i could have a clean and open argument with you but obviously you a dimwitted fellow who needs to work on his English. My advice to you is to quit bad-mouthing the president because with or without certificate he has gotten to where you would never get to, especially with your manner of approach.
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by Oiselenjakhian(m): 3:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hello Everyone. My company Dreamquest Multimedia just released a commemorative game on our views on what Nigeria needs at this point in time.

You can download it for free on the Google Play store here -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Dreamquest+Multimedia&hl=en

Please contact me if you need web development, interactive media and game development services. My number is +2349032291323.

Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by seunfape(m): 8:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
so saraki has indirectly changed to pdp.
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by Correctman0606: 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
mayorski01:

hehehe.. i swear NL is never short of fools.
1) u use CONFIRM not COMFIRM, what are you, a Lagos Tout.
2) Empty as an Empty Drum.. Guy my little brother makes better comparisons than that, where did you learn your English
3) Serve you well. I dont know what this phrase was supposed to mean but next time my guy its SERVES
4) Its not ATTEMPTS its ATTEMPT, by now I'm sure you are a Lagos Tout
5) Cry Openly? please tell me you didnt say that.
I thought i could have a clean and open argument with you but obviously you a dimwitted fellow who needs to work on his English. My advice to you is to quit bad-mouthing the president because with or without certificate he has gotten to where you would never get to, especially with your manner of approach.
Rubbish. You are even sounding damn too elementary to attract my further comments. If you are a littly better than that stark illitrate call Buhari, you should have differentiated and identify typo and spelling errors. People like and the Buharis are some of the world's greatest dumbests who only know how to lead cows.
Re: NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party by mayorski01(m): 12:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
Correctman0606:
Rubbish. You are even sounding damn too elementary to attract my further comments. If you are a littly better than that stark illitrate call Buhari, you should have differentiated and identify typo and spelling errors. People like and the Buharis are some of the world's greatest dumbests who only know how to lead cows.
Get a life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Reinstatement Of Notorious Zakari Biu By PM News Editorial / Peter Obi Never Demolished Mosques In Anambra, Northern Police Chiefs Says / Gbajabiamila Visit To Ghana Already Yielding Results - NIDO Ghana Chapter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.