Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,245 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? (5394 Views)

I Want To Start An Olx Like Websitee Please Suggest Good Naija Host / 5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner / How To Know The Wordpress Theme A Site Is Using (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by mekaboy(m): 11:25pm On Jun 24, 2015
Are there open source applications like open cart that can have multi vendors like olx. Where people can create account and sell their own items.

Is there way to avoid developing ?
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by hilaryiwens05: 11:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
hmmm... u got it all wrong. olx is not a multi vendor platform. it's a classified ads. Kaymu is an example of multi vendor

back to ur question: u can design a site like olx with either a coded php platform or with CMS(especially wordpress). but CMS will safe u a lot of time and headache

Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by osile2012: 12:08am On Jun 25, 2015
magneto might have something.
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by ps3o(m): 8:53am On Jun 25, 2015
mekaboy:
Are there open source applications like open cart that can have multi vendors like olx. Where people can create account and sell their own items.

if you want to avoid developing from scratch, I suggest you buy already developed script that is similar to OLX. if you don't mind, you can contact me on 07031175291. I will get you one at affordable cost and give you support on installation
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 25, 2015
visit www.cedarhostng.com we provide script used for olx classified type of website.

contact us on
bbm:532fc7c5
call/whatsapp-08186219002
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by Nobody: 10:23am On Jun 25, 2015
watch a tutorial on YouTube to enable you develop one
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by jabless(m): 3:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
please contact me on 07037894009 or Whatsapp: 07037894009. i have a ready made script and the open source.
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by donsheddy1(m): 11:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
Google "osclass", see their demo, download the CMS, install it and you're done. Thank me later.
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by emillionaire: 6:15am On Jun 26, 2015
donsheddy1:
Google "osclass", see their demo, download the CMS, install it and you're done. Thank me later.

wmttapd the man

add me up on bbm
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by dwebdesign(m): 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
if you are very serious about doing it yourself, you can use wordpress.

Just use the wordpress themeOptionsApI, optionsAPI, ShortcodesAPI.

then learn bootstrap to build the layout of the site.

also make wordpress codex your friend.

you will need master the wordpress ThemeOptionsApi too, learn it very well.

then this tag and wordpress function will also help you. the code is <?php wp_list_cats('exclude=');?> to output your categories that will host your ads posted on the site.

i hope this helps.
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by emillionaire: 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
tou will get it when you pay a pro. add me on bbm , check my signature
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by fikfak: 11:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
I can develop a web site like olx for you with its mobile application that can be downloaded by users from play or app store.

I have many years of software development so developing an application like olx for me is For Real.

You can call or Whatsapp me on 08065701697
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by celynthomas: 8:06am On Jul 07, 2016
Open Source is the best Option for creating a classifieds website like OLX. Use CMS like Joomla! to build your site. I would personally recommend Joomla! because of its easiness to setup and customization options.

I have built a classifieds website for my locale using Jom Classifieds https://jomclassifieds.com - A Joomla! Extension where there are flexible templates and vast features.
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 13, 2017
dwebdesign:
if you are very serious about doing it yourself, you can use wordpress.

Just use the wordpress themeOptionsApI, optionsAPI, ShortcodesAPI.

then learn bootstrap to build the layout of the site.

also make wordpress codex your friend.

you will need master the wordpress ThemeOptionsApi too, learn it very well.

then this tag and wordpress function will also help you. the code is <?php wp_list_cats('exclude=');?> to output your categories that will host your ads posted on the site.

i hope this helps.
are you saying the op should buy a domain from wordpress directly or just buy somewhere else and use that wordpress theme you suggested? And if someone is to buy directly from wordpress which of their hosting package do you suggest for an olx like website? Thanks
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by yomalex(m): 9:55am On Sep 13, 2017
paybak:
are you saying the op should buy a domain from wordpress directly or just buy somewhere else and use that wordpress theme you suggested? And if someone is to buy directly from wordpress which of their hosting package do you suggest for an olx like website? Thanks
What he means is that you can develop a multi-vendor site with wordpress. I can help you design it at pocket friendly price.

multi-vendor site with independent Stores

physical, downloadable, virtual product, subscription and

bookable products can be sold

dashboard that allows easy management of product inventory including sales, orders, discounts and coupons.

set general commission rate or individual and lots more
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 13, 2017
yomalex:
What he means is that you can develop a multi-vendor site with wordpress. I can help you design it at pocket friendly price.

multi-vendor site with independent Stores

physical, downloadable, virtual product, subscription and

bookable products can be sold

dashboard that allows easy management of product inventory including sales, orders, discounts and coupons.

set general commission rate or individual and lots more
i actually want a classified ads website not a multi vendor website sir and i just want to know which of the wordpress domain package to buy that'd best fits my dream. Thanks
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by yomalex(m): 10:30am On Sep 13, 2017
paybak:
i actually want a classified ads website not a multi vendor website sir and i just want to know which of the wordpress domain package to buy that'd best fits my dream. Thanks
oh i see i actually picked multi vendor from your OP
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by pascal558(m): 11:17am On Oct 06, 2018
ps3o:

if you want to avoid developing from scratch, I suggest you buy already developed script that is similar to OLX. if you don't mind, you can contact me on 07031175291. I will get you one at affordable cost and give you support on installation
i need this script!!!
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by power50: 11:47am On Oct 06, 2018
http://www.nairaplaza.com.ng/ is designed with wordpress. I am the owner, if you like it contact me using the contact details on the website.
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by pascal558(m): 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2018
power50:
http://www.nairaplaza.com.ng/ is designed with wordpress. I am the owner, if you like it contact me using the contact details on the website.
I AM ADDING YOU ON FACEBOOK
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by Chileads(m): 6:26pm On Jun 11, 2019
If it's still up I can...
Demo website. https://zara.mb-themes.com/
Whatsapp 08187 060 904 .
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by victory4m: 9:59am On Oct 04, 2019
i have experience on setting up classified website and how to market it. my recent classified website is https://nigeria.ong.ng/ call me on 08062118908 i will set it up at cheap rate for you..
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by nnamdiosu(m): 12:52pm On Oct 05, 2019
mekaboy:

I have one for sale. Pm me
Re: How Does One Create A Site Like Olx? by m11in: 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2020
try blueclassy a complete solution to build a brand new classified website very easily. you don't need to buy any hosting, or you don't even need to install script, blue classy team will do it for you by themselves. its a hosted classified script.

https://blueclassy.m11.in

(1) (Reply)

How Can Readers Comment Without Logging In On WordPress? / Fine Website By Nigerian Army / Good News: Fiverr Added Bank Transfer / Direct Deposit Feature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.