Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Oya Review This Website! - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Oya Review This Website! (2103 Views)

I Am 17 Years Old, I Designed This Website. Criticise It And Support Me / Please Review This New Startup feature : site for creating forms / Who Did This Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oya Review This Website! by segsalerty(m): 8:04pm On Mar 02, 2009
I know its me you are refering to Moderator ! i will take my time , tthanks for the warning ! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oya Review This Website! by yawatide(f): 8:28pm On Mar 02, 2009
he he. you and others who might think that way. Not a personal attack. Just words of wisdom wink
Re: Oya Review This Website! by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 02, 2009
. . .what if the vernacular is properly formatted in xml. . .line o-lenu-pa.xml (easier google interpretation). . .just kidding. . .segsa (we will reserve dat for YIM).

@omnipotens, great to see you here, been looking for you,
Re: Oya Review This Website! by segsalerty(m): 12:16am On Mar 03, 2009
grin OK !
@DHTML / Yawatide
Pls i need your help DHTML sir ! told you my website is gonna ba a bomb soon ! pls, javascripting has really being tough for me to code myself but i got the logic using it wink i know how to read any code and use it for myself ! thats what i do for javascript and it sucks but i surely know i got to know it on my own soon ! smiley
Pls, i only need writted code to secure and validate my form ( a signup form in my site coming soon ) i dont want malicious things to be injected in my form , so, it will only accept a particular data-type thats its recommended to be filled in , so, i need javascript to check that for me on the client side so user can quickly check themselves for error better than the php things that has to load and annoyingly bringing the form back to my User ,
do you see any point in what i need sir?
pls , i need it urgently , pls send me email ( segun@segsalerty.com) a kinda likely code to use with lil comment so i can understand the code and use , s
Thanks in advance
Re: Oya Review This Website! by ztyle(m): 1:20am On Mar 03, 2009
Okay all, enuff of this review
Re: Oya Review This Website! by yawatide(f): 2:18am On Mar 03, 2009
Pls i need your help DHTML sir

I guess dhtml will take it from here on that note wink
Re: Oya Review This Website! by ztyle(m): 2:21am On Mar 03, 2009
Yawa its okay na? angry

BTW, can we talk on YIM?
Re: Oya Review This Website! by segsalerty(m): 2:49am On Mar 03, 2009
you can also help me out ma @yawatide , pls i need help on that issue , anyone can help out i beg,
Re: Oya Review This Website! by Nobody: 5:17am On Mar 03, 2009
yawa-ti-de:

I guess dhtml will take it from here on that note wink
Dont mind him jare. Please help him if you can.
Re: Oya Review This Website! by nitation(m): 8:05am On Mar 03, 2009
@segsalerty

What if you get a PHP script, would you like that?
Re: Oya Review This Website! by yawatide(f): 11:28am On Mar 03, 2009
hmm,

I try to avoid writing too much code in my posts as I even find such boring. Besides, I hate reading long posts.  If you still need my help, YIM me when i am online.

The best approach is a combo of front- and back-end validation.  I can help with both.  As a primer/teaser:

PHP (just one form field although obviously you can port this to others):
$from = $_POST['full_name'];
$from = trim($from);

//do this if you want to add it to a DB. If not, ignore
$from = addslashes($from);

//validate required fields
$errors = array();

if(empty($from)) {
    $errors[] = 'Name';
}

if($errors) {
echo '<p class="para"><strong>Please click the Back Button</strong> and correct the following error(s):</p><ul>';
foreach ($errors as $e) {
echo "<li>Please enter a valid $e.</li>\n";
}
echo '</ul>';
} else {
    //create your sql string or if no DB required, just print default statement.  I will go for latter here
    echo 'Your message has been received.  Expect to hear from us soon.';
}//if

By the way, unlike many who like to do validation on the same page (via php_self), I prefer having a separate page, which I call "processor".  I find this, based on my personal experience, a better approach, with respect to abstraction.  So my form tag in my contact.php would like like so:
<form action="thank-you.php" method="post" etc etc>

'hope this helps.  Good luck!
Re: Oya Review This Website! by segsalerty(m): 2:01pm On Mar 03, 2009
Thanks Mom yawatide and rest helper here , i dont have problem with php validation ! wink you built me up already grin thanks
But , here is my request for help again , i can explain better here now .
i am introducing a sign up form in my website ! you know am a newbie , i dont want to use any CMS now , i want to code myself , for the server side thing , ( no problem ) but coz my user is going to fill some form while signing up will be be sent into the database, but , as you know PHP , it will continue to check /process for error or misfilling of any field of the form in the server and will irritatingly be bringing theseme sign-up form for the user until he/she fills everything correct as i already restricted in the backend !
Pls, i need javascript here that it will only allow the form to be successfully sent to the server only if the user filled the form with correct datatypes/datalengths and so on , it should continue to tell the user , CHECK this , CHECK that and fill again until the whole thing is valid,
Thanks
Re: Oya Review This Website! by yawatide(f): 3:22pm On Mar 03, 2009
As is the case in every kung fu movie, a true kung fu master doesn't teach his students everything lest the student come back to want to challenge him some day. Having said that, you strike me as a good and honest chap who is actually willing to learn. For that, I will share this with you (and of course by extension, others):

http://www.livevalidation.com/

Check it out. It's self-explanatory. Also feel free not just to copy and paste but to modify to meet your needs wink
Re: Oya Review This Website! by segsalerty(m): 3:51pm On Mar 03, 2009
grin Thanks very very very very much ma! I am really impressed ! i love to move closer to the elder ones to learn more !
thanks ones again mom. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Oya Review This Website! by segsalerty(m): 4:02pm On Mar 03, 2009
@all
my problem now is my host ma! 100mb disk space , no database , just 10 webmail account ! now that i want to love-vendor my site to make it extra ordinary dynamic , i need to upgrade my hosting plan , i paid the guy that hosted it for me 6k before for the 100mb , now he is asking me to bring 8k for 200mb more to make it 300mb( with 5database ) , ( all payment yearly) i dont know if am going into a right hand,
i need help / comment on what to do @all
Re: Oya Review This Website! by segsalerty(m): 6:12pm On Mar 03, 2009
new change on my website everybody ! chck it out ,, thou , the bomb is still coming ,
www.segsalerty.com
anything true about the worse of the site is truely welcomed , you know as i too always open mouth on people's do

thanks
Re: Oya Review This Website! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2009
*Soaking* Garri water, . . watching spectacular spider man . . . kid like me . . . wetin i sabi?
@moderator: keep up the good work . . .
Re: Oya Review This Website! by ayobase(m): 1:17pm On Mar 04, 2009
The Site aint popping up

(1) (2) (Reply)

DHTML, Or Perhaps Other Developers, I Need You. / The Website That Turns Your URL To A Mobile Number / Popular Nigerian Blogger Bag Blogger Of The Year Award 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.