Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 (972 Views)

IPOB Releases List Of Its Delegates To Visit White House On July 21 To See Trump / Repulsive Odour Forces Reps To Adjourn Till Nov 17 / Watch Christiane Amanpour Interview President Buhari On CNN (July 21) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by wolesmile(m): 1:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
Members of the House of Representatives resumed sitting after sanity was restored following the rowdy session that greeted the selection of principal officers.

The Speaker, Yakubu Dogara reconvened plenary and urged members to count themselves lucky to be chosen to represent their constituency. He later adjourned the House till July 21 while pledging that the crisis that rocked the House will be resolved.

Recalled that the hallowed chamber of the House of Representatives was thrown into commotion as pro-All Progressives Congress lawmakers have kicked against the election of principal officers by the Speaker, Yakubu Dogara.

There were clashes between members loyal to Dogara and members loyal to the decision of the APC in nominating principal officers.

There were attempts by some lawmakers to hijack the mace. However, there are fears that the mace might be missing or kept away from the chamber during the fracas.

Pro-APC lawmakers were chanting ‘APC, party supremacy’ while Dogara loyalists chanted ‘Dogara’.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/house-of-reps-resume-sitting-after-rowdy-session/#sthash.0cPYWlTM.dpuf
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by wolesmile(m): 1:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
wolesmile:
u be confirm amu nkita
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by benedictnsi(m): 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by benedictnsi(m): 2:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
Mellin:
u be confirm amu nkita

grin
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by Gegz(m): 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
Sad. Really sad
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by modath(f): 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Wish ALL of them minus PMB can just fall of the face of the earth....

They can kill themselves for all we care but they should realise that some people can see through their ruse of distracting Nigerians from further agitation about their ridiculous & insenstive Jumbo pay...

By the time they reconvene in 4 weeks time, they would have been paid & the fight will be meaningless.. Bunch of greedey M0FOs!!! angry

They've also pushed Cabinet Appintment by another month!! What kind of F up country is this?? God why did I have to be born here?
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by greatbaba(m): 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
K
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by olapluto(m): 2:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
Dogara will defect to PDP in a short while.
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by importexpert(m): 2:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
guys reconcile and get to work. no time to waste time
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
Gbaja and Tinubu lost out in everything.
Tinubu should know that regional politics is diffrent from National politics
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by zik4ever: 2:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
modath:
angry

They've also pushed Cabinet Appintment by another month!! What kind of F up country is this?? God why did I have to be born here?
Nope! Only the Senate screens and confirms ministerial appointments.
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by modath(f): 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2015
zik4ever:

Nope! Only the Senate screens and confirms ministerial appointments.

Is the senate going to sit before 21st of July?

Was it not Lord Saraki that called for a recesss before Dogara did?

The comment is lumping them all together!!
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by zik4ever: 2:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
modath:

Is the senate going to sit before 21st of July?

Was it not Lord Saraki that called for a recesss before Dogara did?

The comment is lumping them all together!!
Apologies. Didn’t know that the Senate also adjourned. It doesn’t speak well for the APC/Government because they are one and the same -they should put their house in order and not hold Nigerians hostage. They had since the elections, to tidy up all these and hit the ground running. Anyway, I tell you what, on a lighter note it remind me of school days then in the North. We knew that any opportunity, there are some seasons when it was "strategic" to go on holiday. As it, these people have gone on holiday till after the expected public holidays around 17-19 July!
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by wolesmile(m): 3:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Mellin:
u be confirm amu nkita

meaning? anyway, I copy you
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by modath(f): 3:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
zik4ever:

Apologies. Didn’t know that the Senate also adjourned. It doesn’t speak well for the APC/Government because they are one and the same -they should put their house in order and not hold Nigerians hostage. They had since the elections, to tidy up all these and hit the ground running. Anyway, I tell you what, on a lighter note it remind me of school days then in the North. We knew that any opportunity, there are some seasons when it was "strategic" to go on holiday. As it, these people have gone on holiday till after the expected public holidays around 17-19 July!

I get you perfectly... Ramadan tinz!! smiley

& that humongous pay would have been cooling in their accounts by then as well.
Re: Reps Crisis: House Resume Sitting, Adjourn Till July 21 by wolesmile(m): 3:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
modath:

I get you perfectly... Ramadan tinz!! smiley

& that humongous pay would have been cooling in their accounts by then as well.
abi o

(1) (Reply)

Governor Ambode Visits The Chief Of Naval Staff At The NH, Abuja. Photos / I Never Dated Governor Saraki---lola Alao / Is Fayose Truly A Vagabond?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.