Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,979 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? (1731 Views)

The Problems Of Family Planning In Nigeria / Nigerian Lady Dies During Childbirth, Leaving Her White Hubby & Son Behind / 5 Ways To Have A December To Remember With Family In Your Hometown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by Sweetmarriage: 3:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
Wives, What Will You Do When Your Husband Wouldn't Cooperate With You In Family Planning?

A woman said, 'I want family planning but my husband objects to it. He refused to join me to see our doctor. Should i be staying on my own?

So, if your husband refuse to co-operate with you with family planning, what is the best thing to do? Will you avoid having sex with him?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nigerian-Papalette/312263085651212
Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2015
Always a big issue in marriage
Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by Sundayme(m): 3:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hmm. cc lalasticlala, Seun, Ishiloove
Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by damiso(f): 3:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
I believe how many children a couple will like to have to have is a discussion that is needed at courtship.

Its not cast in stone as compromises can always be reached but don't go marrying a man who wants 10 children while you want one ( and vice versa). if you want 4 and the other party wants 2/3 that's similar mindset but with a wide gap and varying beliefs in contraception e go hard small.

and as for the question cant answer it on a personal level because reverse is the case for me embarassed
Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by RICKYMARIO(m): 3:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
I think an issue like this could have been thrashed out before marrige(courtship or whatever) but whichever the case the woman shd try every possible means 2 make the man see reasons with her.We are past the age of giving birth to a football team.
Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by tpiadotcom: 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
I guess they were enjoying the premarital sex too much to discuss any other issues while dating?

1 Like

Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by edwife(f): 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2015
damiso:
I believe how many children a couple will like to have to have is a discussion that is needed at courtship.

Its not cast in stone as compromises can always be reached but don't go marrying a man who wants 10 children while you want one ( and vice versa). if you want 4 and the other party wants 2/3 that's similar mindset but with a wide gap and varying beliefs in contraception e go hard small.

and as for the question cant answer it on a personal level because reverse is the case for me embarassed

You are right,they need to discuss before marriage but there are situation where the wife can not have any more kids due to Cs or very difficult and uncomfortable pregnancy.

My only recommendation will be to discuss it and if he does not budge,you will let him know that you have done what is necessary for you or your health.Don't do it behind his back.

1 Like

Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by thorpido(m): 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2015
This topic ought to be discussed by every man and woman planning to settle down so it doesn't become a big issue after marriage.
It's important to marry someone who is educated and has an understanding of the times.
Family planning is very important most especially to the woman because she has to carry the baby.
Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by Kimoni: 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
tpiadotcom:
I guess they were enjoying the premarital sex too much to discuss any other issues while dating?

I wonder!
Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by cococandy(f): 5:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
Barring previous discussion, they should try to reach a compromise.

If he's being unreasonable and wants more kids than the woman is capable of comfortably carrying, he should carry the rest himself cool

1 Like

Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by angieberry(f): 6:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
If they made the mistake of not discussing this before marriage, they should try and reach an agreement. Example, he wants four kids, I want only two. Therefore, let's disagree to agree and have three.
Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by damiso(f): 8:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
edwife:

You are right,they need to discuss before marriage but there are situation where the wife can not have any more kids due to Cs or very difficult and uncomfortable pregnancy.

My only recommendation will be to discuss it and if he does not budge,you will let him know that you have done what is necessary for you or your health.Don't do it behind his back.

That's why I said there might have to be compromises.If one wants 1 and wants 3 there might be a likelihood that they will agree on 2 but if one wants 1 and the other wants 6 or 7 how them for do now?

Ultimately though ,I feel that it's the woman who pregnancy wrecks most of the havoc on her body and if she wants no more children then she should discuss her reasons. And if he does not budge like you said I will still go ahead to do the contraception.

1 Like

Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by edwife(f): 9:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
damiso:

That's why I said there might have to be compromises.If one wants 1 and wants 3 there might be a likelihood that they will agree on 2 but if one wants 1 and the other wants 6 or 7 how them for do now?

Ultimately though ,I feel that it's the woman who pregnancy wrecks most of the havoc on her body and if she wants no more children then she should discuss her reasons. And if he does not budge like you said I will still go ahead to do the contraception.

true that.
Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by EfemenaXY: 10:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
Sweetmarriage:
Wives, What Will You Do When Your Husband Wouldn't Cooperate With You In Family Planning?

A woman said, 'I want family planning but my husband objects to it. He refused to join me to see our doctor. Should i be staying on my own?

[b]So, if your husband refuse to co-operate with you with family plannin[/b]g, what is the best thing to do? Will you avoid having sex with him?

All these sugar coated responses...

The key phrase here is "refuses to co-operate"! For goodness sake, it's her body! Every pregnancy comes with it's own risks and at the end of the day, it's up to the woman (and no one else) to take care of her body. If the man refuses to see reason / co-operate, then does this mean she'll go ahead with him and breed like rabbits?

No!

If he's refusing to see reason, then she should go on the pill or any other effective birth-control method. It's not that hard and for the sake of peace, he doesn't need / deserve to know, seeing as he's dead set againt the idea anyway.
Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by SAMBARRY: 10:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
Gbam
EfemenaXY:

All these sugar coated responses...

The key phrase here is "refuses to co-operate"! For goodness sake, it's her body! Every pregnancy comes with it's own risks and at the end of the day, it's up to the woman (and no one else) to take care of her body. If the man refuses to see reason / co-operate, then does this mean she'll go ahead with him and breed like rabbits?

No!

If he's refusing to see reason, then she should go on the pill or any other effective birth-control method. It's not that hard and for the sake of peace, he doesn't need / deserve to know, seeing as he's dead set againt the idea anyway.

1 Like

Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by Pineapp: 11:19pm On Jun 25, 2015
*rearranges banana leaves* Herzumpther join me.
Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by kandiikane(m): 11:38pm On Jun 25, 2015
You should take your partner to do this if he won't cooperate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b81Cr97ANrk
Re: Wives, What If Hubby Wouldn't Cooperate With You With Family Planning? by limamintruth: 12:20am On Jun 26, 2015
Sweetmarriage:

So, if your husband refuse to co-operate with you with family planning, what is the best thing to do? Will you avoid having sex with him?

Hmmmmm,,,
This ish almost ruined my aunt's marriage of 12years.

A spouse in such a dilemma should endeavour to have a heart-to-heart talk with his/her partner about it wherein he/she must highlight convincing reasons he/she opposes/supports family planning.

(1) (Reply)

Low Libido Issue Is About To Ruin My Relationship / Heartbroken Mum Sleeps Next To Drug Addict Son On The Streets (photos) / Advice On Electricity Prepaid Meter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.