Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Nigerians Living In Cyprus - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Living In Cyprus (78808 Views)

Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by wip2: 5:28pm On Mar 13, 2010
@kheme,

mine with german accent and spellings cos i learnt from turkish leavin at germany then and wen you move to places like izmir and bursa they speak like mine. is like yours is turkish cyproitic in nature.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 5:42pm On Mar 13, 2010
lol. no, mine is turkish turkish. i neva learn turkish finish, den i go come go learn cypriot turkish? no time mehn, lol
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 12:57am On Mar 14, 2010
@iz2much: average accommodation in lefkosa is like £350GBP a month. but some landlords will ask for 6 to 12 months rent at once.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by iz2much: 11:44am On Mar 14, 2010
@wip2
Baba mi,i gotta learn 4rm oda pple's xperience.broz i beg no ignore me when i needed u most.u ave replied to my last message.days r short nw.accodatn & cost of living is my most recent problem.if accomation don comot there.the rest na beans. D cash way my oga kheme dey cal too much & scary.i'l b waiting 4 ur reply.thanks
@kheme
Uncle the house rent is beyond my reach.by thanks 4 ur info.it had been of real help.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 11:35pm On Mar 14, 2010
well, you also have the option for changing schools oh. i did 1semester in EMU before coming to lefke oh. EMU school fees na die that time oh ($2600 per SEMESTER shocked ) dem no tell me before i run come lefke, lol.

if you reach here sha, maybe you should give lefke a shot. take a look and then maybe you can decide if to change or not. cos tuition here is like $3500 per session and accommodation, like where i am now is $2000 for 2ppl, so that means i person pays just $1000 for 12months. other places could be up to $3000/$3500 per year (that is, $1500 to $1750 per head).

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by ayettymama(f): 11:39pm On Mar 14, 2010
i wanna go cyprus for a fashion shoot

where can i go to have fun/meet loads of nigerians??

apart from the normal site seein hotel??

also where can i get nice clothes??
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by iz2much: 11:59pm On Mar 14, 2010
@kheme
thank you bra 4 d head up.i will like the transfering of a thing.hope when transfering i can transfer my credits to the next school i wil be going without an xtra charges?
And moreover the amount u got your accomodation is okay if i can get sumtin like that i wil thank God.looking forward to getting there.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 12:05am On Mar 15, 2010
@ayettymama: where are you? if you're coming to cyprus (North CYprus) you will definitely pass through istanbul. with your transit visa, you can get clothes at instanbul there. else in cyprus, you can get clothes too, but just not as cheap.

as for fashion, i know someone who knows someone. but i dont know if they recuruite people from outside into cyprus sha. there are models here sha, from africa (n9ja, ghana, kenya, etc.). i dont know about modeling sha, but dem dey.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by ayettymama(f): 12:09am On Mar 15, 2010
lolx im not a model

i think the beaches and women there would be nice to use

thank u soo much
where do u normally go to hang out during the weekends?
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 12:13am On Mar 15, 2010
@iz2much: transfer of credit is possible. they will just exempt the courses you've done before if it matches any of the courses you have to take here. also, if you have a transcript from nigeria, you could get exempted from some courses here. using my diploma from uniben, i was exempted 4 courses here. a friend of mine used her 3yrs transcript from mina and was exempted 9 courses. but you can only transfer credits from 1 source sha.

if you were in GAU, i heard accommodation is free for the 1st year for new students. a friend of mine came there last year and his accommodation in the last 2 semesters were free.

just come prepared for everything sha
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 12:21am On Mar 15, 2010
@ayettymama: hmm, as for that, its possible to get a market here sha. i think. but what kinda stuffs do you have? and to sell ehn, you will need good marketing sha. a few years back, i had dashiki and tie & die to sell here. i made money with it, but my circle was small and i sold during events like spring festivals, orientation, etc.

as for hanging out, i'm the wrongest guy to ask, lol. i'm not social at all, lol. but i do hang out at friends places, a few cafes in school and sometimes drive around with friends. i did my hanging out back in the days when my days started early and ended very late. night life in cyprus is sweet. at weekends i'm home doing my thing or out visiting friends. my social life is dry, lol. sorry smiley
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by ayettymama(f): 12:38am On Mar 15, 2010
lolz

no im not sellin in cyprus

just takin fotos to take back to naija

aww ill try and find out sha b4 i go
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 12:44am On Mar 15, 2010
where are you right now? in cyprus?
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by iz2much: 10:03am On Mar 15, 2010
@kheme
datz Gud,i mean the GAU,givin free accomdatn 2 new student.
I wil like to stay in the hostel @least 4 d first year. U knw in nigeria a jeans goes 4 1800 & T-shirt 4 1500,can dat price be compaire wit the one in istanbul?
I wil like to buy something i dnt knw mayb i should do that here or wen i get to istanbul?
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by wip2: 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2010
@iz2much,

hey if you dont have money to buy stuffs in istanbul then rush go VESPA along badagry where u can buy 20 shirts for like 2k and come dey do ur big boy here jeje then wen u get chance after u don arrive as bigger biy level make you enter europen or asian markets in ISTANBUL the EUROPEAN CAPITAL OF CULTURE. you will really love it.

come start skool first b4 you are thinkin of transfer. you wan know everyting first b4 you leave naija, haha am sure you will ask how u can buy brick house soon in cyprus.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by iz2much: 11:25pm On Mar 15, 2010
@wip2
I 4 enta the market o,bt no time.
Yes i shuld resume first.u knw the place you havent been to before a thousand question isnt too much.
With a your responce i dnt think i'll stil get things mixed up.pls hope the school is stil picking me up?
I dey feel like say na istanbul i dey.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by wip2: 6:55pm On Mar 16, 2010
@iz2much,

yeah i have sent the stuff to your skool there wala just plenty, but i will keep calling dem on your behalf. sure you will get a place to stay for few days wen you arrive cos you will arrive around 9pm the second day you leave naija. you will spend almost 12hrs at istanbul airport then you enter another flight going to ERCAN so watch out so that you wont be left out cos we had cases of many students sightseeing to buy and eating ekmek and kebab at the airport until they forgot their flight schedules , thats their story.

Also try to change some money at change desk at the airport to TYL may like 100dols so that you easily do some stuffs with that cos changing it with taxi driver or other pple and not bureau might reduce the change rate i tink current rate is 1 USd = 1.52 tYL.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by iz2much: 11:29pm On Mar 16, 2010
Okay bro.thank u.
I just hope where we wil be 4 12hours wont be boring.what about phone,i mean their network.wich one is more affordable & good.service wise.
Like nigeria nw we got naira & kobo.wat abt em apart 4rm lira is there any other currency.make they just no dey roundup our money.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by wip2: 1:36am On Mar 17, 2010
@iz2much,

haha you dey fear make them no round up ur hard earn money. prepare to bring small sack come along to dey pack coins cos they have coins here called KURUS so you can have 50kurus or 5 kurus etc all in coins.

there are phone carrier like turkcell, tellsim and vodafone in turkey but u can only find turkcell and tellsim in NC with tellsim you have 5000 free sms to anywhere even heaven but calling naija on your mobile is expensive so some use international fone shop or calls which is more cheaper or get VIOP software called NONOH on your laptop and just open your account with this nonoh you can anybody in naija for like 14naira pa min and most other countries are even free on it like canada, US, UK , Hungary etc so that will save your money.

the airport you will stay for 12hrs is world class ATATURK airport in istanbul not lik MM2 cannot be boring cos you see wat you have never seen before and you see the beautty of this airport and how orgainzed it is not like,
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by iz2much: 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ wip2

Thanks jo, am all set now. with all those infos i should be novice like my fellow new comers. all thanks to u.
and please hope say the school no forget about the pick up
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by gossyomega(m): 10:56am On May 29, 2010
anyone coming to North Cyprus for study should check this out

http://mynorthcyprus.org/socialnetwork/

get on it and join so that you can make friends who are in your prospective university. it is the bets way to settle down, because you would have already met some people that will be of great help to you when you get here.

it is also important to be careful about who helps you and find out from the right offices on what fees yu should pay for residency and all, so that no on reaps you off,

enjoy
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 04, 2010
Am working on ma trip to Nicosia soon to further ma studies at cyprus int uni. Hope d place is good
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by iz2much: 3:35pm On Jun 04, 2010
make friend with google
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 05, 2010
Anyone going to Cyprus against September? Pls how much can I gt accomodation around CIU in Nicosia per month? What other needs am i gonna av, d skul has promised pick up 4rm airport
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by wip4: 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2010
passing tru . nothin serious anyway!
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by johnson11(m): 5:52am On Jul 31, 2010
@ wip2 and kheme
Please guys, help which is the most moderate college/universities in NC?
Can someone still meet up for sept admission?
What is the Turkish embassy requirement there website is boring?
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 6:25am On Jul 31, 2010
so let me get this right, their website is too boring for you, so someone else should go bear the bore, then come tell you the requirements?? lol i like that

anyways, go back to the website and read for yourself, we all did! or better still, get their number, call them and ask directly.

as for moderate universities (there are like no colleges in NC), my former school, European University of Lefke, is still arguably the cheapest school in NC at the moment (has been for 4/5yrs now).

go to their website at www.eul.edu.tr and look for their international office page. get EMINE's phone number or email and communicate with her directly, she's in charge of international students admissions. any other questions about the school, fees, scholarships, etc, ask her.
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by johnson11(m): 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2010
kheme:

so let me get this right, their website is too boring for you, so someone else should go bear the bore, then come tell you the requirements?? lol i like that

anyways, go back to the website and read for yourself, we all did! or better still, get their number, call them and ask directly.

as for moderate universities (there are like no colleges in NC), my former school, European University of Lefke, is still arguably the cheapest school in NC at the moment (has been for 4/5yrs now).

go to their website at www.eul.edu.tr and look for their international office page. get EMINE's phone number or email and communicate with her directly, she's in charge of international students admissions. any other questions about the school, fees, scholarships, etc, ask her.

Oh,boy take am easy oooo, notwithstanding, i just want you assist me simple
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 1:07pm On Jul 31, 2010
contact Emine from the school's website, will can give you all the assistance you want, i mean, she works in the international office, who better to assist you than he? smiley
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by johnson11(m): 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2010
Thanks man, i have already email her but i hear say there is age limit when applying for Undergraduate that you must not be more than 26? is it true?
kheme:

contact Emine from the school's website, will can give you all the assistance you want, i mean, she works in the international office, who better to assist you than he? smiley
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by kheme(m): 6:37pm On Jul 31, 2010
i thought it was 25 i dont know if they've changed it oh, but in my time, undergraduate age limit was 25yrs
Re: Nigerians Living In Cyprus by johnson11(m): 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2010
kheme:

i thought it was 25 i dont know if they've changed it oh, but in my time, undergraduate age limit was 25yrs
Can you kindly help me make enquries?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man, Wife And Three Kids Burnt To Death In Fatal Accident On Christmas Day (Pics / Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown / Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.