Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) (31484 Views)

Elderly Witch Returning From Meeting Stuck On Roof Of Building - Facebook User / 43 Signs You Are An Ogbanje / "80-Year-Old 'Witch' Trapped On Electric Pole On Her Way Back" - Online User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by djdoxxx(m): 9:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
ikechukwu354:
is either you read too much books or watch too many unreal movies or your hallucinating or YOUR RUNNING MAD... is either you read too much books or watch too many unreal movies or your hallucinating or YOUR RUNNING MAD...
How Does Hallucinations,reading Of Books And Watching Movies Connect With The Truth,physical, And Real Happenings Johnny Experienced? Your Level Of Ignorance Is Disgusting! U Should Visit The Sense Station So That You Could Buy Some Sense From Any Reasonable Sense Pump/nozzle,but I Doubt It If You Can Actually Afford Fueling Ur Dead Brain With Any Quality Sense, Mediocre...

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by djdoxxx(m): 9:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
kennygee:

SMH.

E be like say you never experience one before.

I know we have become civilized and Christianity has come to liberate us of some of these beliefs.

But anyone who believes in the spirit of God will also believe there are contrary spirits too.

I don't agree with the way "Ogbanjes" or "Witches" are treated.

They are first of all humans.

But to say the spirits don't exist?

Let's not fool ourselves na.
have U Seen An Ogbanje Before?

4 Likes

Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by djdoxxx(m): 9:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
olatunji21:
i just had a first hand experience of this{just last week}..it sought of made me lose interest in the said lady because what i saw was terrifying
what Experience?

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by Esdb3: 10:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
otiigba1:
me thinks you ve been watching too many african movies, just my opinion, don't bite me head off embarassed pleeaase!

That's the thing. Bunch of inexperienced africans. You have been seeing them in movies alone. Wait till you see em in reality. But curiosity kills cat remember.....

Tag: johnydon22
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by Esdb3: 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
otiigba1:
what! Some of this things you mentioned above has been in existent for more than 100 years e.g women sleeping with women, besides it proves nothing

So it was allowed in laws hundred of years ago?
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by Esdb3: 10:31pm On Jun 26, 2015
kolajamesjnr:

Are you blaming not believing in witchcraft as the root cause of the things you mentioned?

Am blaming believing you are in the 21st century and therefore regarding people who were not born in this time as fools.

So witches don't exist? Even ur slave masters who you so badly want to be like(disgusting) know witches and wizards exist.
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by toygod2: 10:59pm On Jun 26, 2015
hahahaha
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by IceMan85(m): 11:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
[quote author=okeke00 post=35187379]even here in anambra state. pastors are the causes of all this rubbish[/quote
The so callled prayer houses!
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 27, 2015
obiZEAL:
Its even more disturbing that some so called educated folks still believe and propagate this insanity!
The latest and also one of the most surprising i've heard was a Phd holder explaining to us in class how it was impossible for the witches in his village to follow him to the UK where he went to study...can't remember the reason he gave cos I was consumed by my anger, but I overheard him saying something about the witches not being able to fly pass the atlantic ocean.
It will take decades before we can purge our self of this superstition.
gaan sleep! This world is beyond ur fukin assumptions.
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 27, 2015
E don tey wey I fyiok! I'm so h0rny.
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by cococandy(f): 5:40am On Jun 27, 2015
[b]

Then this takes me to the plight of millions of African children facing this exact predicament just because of people allowing superstitious fear to drive their judgement. This kids are maimed, beaten, starved, mutilated, burnt by the society who had given them an unwarranted tag witch, ogbanje, mami-water, demon and so on... and imbedding this nonsensical superstition on our young children that they too at this tender believe and fear this nonsense is very disturbing to me and it makes me wonder if our generation will ever rid this society of this stupendous belief.

These children are none of these exceptionally stup!d concepts people tag them with, these children need love and acceptance by the society to fit in, they shouldn't be discriminated against or mutilated.

There is nothing wrong with them, they might appear different and act above societal expectations but everyone is not meant to be the same. their difference makes them unique and a wonderful asset to the society if people will understand that all they need is love and acceptance.

My personal experience with linda was just one out a million cases that happen all over Africa, and i hope people will step up and save these children when ever, where ever you find them. what the society are doing to this children is totally wrong and Africa need to change this very archaic superstitiously stupendous ideology.
[/b]

Shout it from the roof tops.

The thing tire me too.
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by kolajamesjnr(m): 6:21am On Jun 27, 2015
shadowgwalker:
E don tey wey I fyiok! I'm so h0rny.
Pervs oya mak una begin show una sev grin
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by Nobody: 7:08am On Jun 27, 2015
otiigba1:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked i suspect hallucination in her case, perhaps she's been smoking too much banana leafs cheesy
she's more paranoid than a dictator. And the most annoying part is when she starts talking loudly about it.. I feel like slamming a pan on her head
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by colored(m): 12:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
jossi994:
she's more paranoid than a dictator. And the most annoying part is when she starts talking loudly about it.. I feel like slamming a pan on her head
to think that it happened in Enugu where I live. what part of Enugu did it happen?
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by johnydon22(m): 12:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
colored:
to think that it happened in Enugu where I live. what part of Enugu did it happen?

You live in enugu?
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jun 27, 2015
colored:
I live in calabar
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by colored(m): 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
johnydon22:

You live in enugu?
yup
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by johnydon22(m): 12:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
colored:
yup

click my profile, click my story link MY FATHER'S WIFE. . . . you will see my number hit me up. . . am in enugu too
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by GooseBaba: 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
To
Unclerukus:
If you believe in God,angels and read the bible, there's no way you can tell me witches and other un earthly entities don't exist even the whites that are more civilized know ( Google wicca and their activities ). If you believe they don't exist you're wrong. What pains me is the manner in which the children are being put through,abuse,stigma and rejection from charlatan pastors, they need proper deliverance with good counselling in humane ways because some of them where initiated through deceit or in the womb. Trust me you haven't seen spiritual manifestations...A childhood friend of mine was like you till we both went to a deliverance crusade, all of sudden my Childhood friend who has never been to even four Nigerian States started speaking and cursing the man of God in flawless Spanish language, guy was speaking basque fluently till the demon in him was commanded to speak English. He was possessed by a promiscuity demon that made him flirt too much and commit all sorts of sexual impurities. They exist, be prayerful and be well informed as many people suffer spiritual attack and aren't aware till its too late.......but don't be a maniac that abuse children out of religious madness.

Hahahahaha..!!! angry grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by GooseBaba: 3:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
Orikinla:
But what of a case where a housemaid who was a cousin of the husband of a woman and she confessed that she was sent to poison the woman and was actually mixing potions in their food until she was caught in the kitchen?

So ogbanje no fit use their spiritual powers to do their work again, na to form undercover come dey mix poison for food korokoro ... Hmmm..

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by GooseBaba: 3:43pm On Jun 27, 2015
Esdb3:
Any one who listens to this johnydon22 is a joker and an unserious human. This fellow just wants to see himself as out of the pack sth like showing that he his wiser and smarter than every Nigerian. I can't quite grasp a proper description. He sees himself as standing out and lending a voice(in his mind though). Dude! Go and write about your many youths doing drug and embracing the american stupidity called civilization. Female teenagers are getting pregnant, some are joining cults all because they have failed to listen to the voice of those that are older than them, the call of those you are calling stupid because they have seen and believe in the spiritual irregularities of this world. Nigeria is degrading by this malignant disease tagged "being smart", "being wise", "out there", "civilised", "in vogue", "logical".

I forsee this john dude probably doing well but being seriously depressed. Because no matter how much you try to make atrocities like not believing God, slandering his worshippers, your mind will forever wage a war on itself because it has been by default programmed with morals and conscience. Don't worry, you will look back one day and regret all of your atheistic actions.

Worshipping God does not make you dumb, it shows how humble you are when you can respect what you cannot see.

Johnydon22 life is not all logic! The beatles, beyonce, kanye, rihanna and many more have not disputed that there is God. Yet they have every reason to. Think!!!

Bill Gates does not believe in god. Yet he has every reason to believe. Your line of reasoning is flawed, it's very obvious that You're pathetic. Their personal decisions remains their personal decisions.. Smh

Know this, materialism does not equates to state of being. You don't need riches to know peace. You need a sound mind. With a sound mind, your conscience is always working overtime on checks and balances.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by GooseBaba: 3:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
Esdb3:

My point? Ok... You folks actually think you are smart and know better yet; we didn't have clothes in the 50s so we made some to cover our unclothedness----today you find your other civil celebs and generation going around with their breasts looking like it was placed on their chest. Boys pulling down their trousers half-way when the trousers has waist lines to get to our waists! People marrying sex dolls. Women sleeping with women. Men with men. Humans of your race releasing viruses just to marvel at. Their creation. Men changing to women. Shall I go on? And u see yourselves as advanced?

Who is this child...!!!!! Who did not have clothes in the 50s..?. Your immediate family members or your entire village. Damn!! You're pathetic...

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by Damur(m): 5:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
EggovinMma:
Chai! This story is bringing back memories to me o.
I have had an experience like this.AAlthough in my own case, according to the useless men of GODS and fools, my ogbonge gives me power to destroy things angry angry angry angry.

From one pastor to another, from one prophet to another, from lagos to east to even yoruba land na so them dey carry me waka.UPON ALL THE PIGEONS, COCONUTS, CANDLES, WHITE WRAPPERS, FRUITS AND EVEN PIGS, NO BE MY HEAD STILL STUBBORN LIKE GOAT? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Na so one man god ask me how many demons dey my head cry cry cry cry.ewwwwwww! I was about 9 or 10 then.I innocently told him 24 demons..Na so the pastor pray, fire, twist my head (And my mama dey there o, dey cast and bind), fire fire.TThe kind spit wey this yeye prophet dey pour for my face, I just open one eye dey look him face..Him kon dey press my head make I fall, NA THAT TIME I VEX.NA BY FORCE TO FALL DOWN? I kon stretch my small legs like person wey won run, strong the leg for ground to gain better stamina for ground.Strong my head for the man hand dey push him ha d with my head.WE GO KNOW WHO GET THE DEMONS TODAY, WEDA NA HIM OR ME angry. Laye! Others dey fall, na so I stand gidigba! Ma mama don enter a other level dey fall for ground, as I see my mama for ground, I put more effort for my head to defeat the" deliverer".After the spitting a d shouting, him kon ask me how many demons remain?" Is 22 remain".NNA THERE PRAYER STOP O.THE MAN TIRE Na.E easy to cast out 24 demons? 2 fuccking dozens? !

SO WETIN WE GO DO THE 22 WEY REMAIN ?
hahahahahahahaha! cnt stop laughn!.. guy! u don maaaad! i swear!... lmfao!
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by Esdb3: 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
GooseBaba:

Bill Gates does not believe in god. Yet he has every reason to believe. Your line of reasoning is flawed, it's very obvious that You're pathetic. Their personal decisions remains their personal decisions.. Smh

Know this, materialism does not equates to state of being. You don't need riches to know peace. You need a sound mind. With a sound mind, your conscience is always working overtime on checks and balances.

You are pathetic if you don't know the difference between believing in God and believing there is a God. He has no religion but he is not an an atheist.
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by GooseBaba: 7:19pm On Jun 27, 2015
Esdb3:

You are pathetic if you don't know the difference between believing in God and believing there is a God. He has no religion but he is not an an atheist.

Smh, read and comprehend fool..!

His personal decisions are his, just like the celebrities you mentioned. Why would any sane person use a personal decisions of others to challenge the personal decisions of another... Except you're desperate to make a very faulty point..
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by Esdb3: 7:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
GooseBaba:

Smh, read and comprehend fool..!

His personal decisions are his, just like the celebrities you mentioned. Why would any sane person use a personal decisions of others to challenge the personal decisions of another... Except you're desperate to make a very faulty point..

So uncouth and quick to talk crassly mtchw...

Anyways have you heard of NWO and the illuminati? Think before u talk.
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by GooseBaba: 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
Esdb3:

So uncouth and quick to talk crassly mtchw...

Anyways have you heard of NWO and the illuminati? Think before u talk.

Uncouth you say..Guy stop being a bloody hypocrite..

Dey talk anyhow, ogbanje go ra.pe you for night.

Meanwhile, wetin concern NWO and illuminati with ogbanje..
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by colored(m): 12:54am On Jun 28, 2015
johnydon22:

click my profile, click my story link MY FATHER'S WIFE. . . . you will see my number hit me up. . . am in enugu too
just joined your story telling forum. are u on whatsapp
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by johnydon22(m): 7:04am On Jun 28, 2015
colored:
just joined your story telling forum. are u on whatsapp
Yeah bro, add me on whatsapp with the number...
Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by Pr0ton: 2:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
That was very kind of you Johnydon22. These superstitions have just eaten deep into the brains of Africans. I do get really annoyed whenever I hear stuff like picking snails in the dream, a person who shakes before dying has seen his hell fire before he dies, sango is thunder, beautiful and fair girls are from the waters, declearing people contrary-spirit-possesor just because you see it in a dream or "revelation" (that is only witnessed by you alone) and many more including the one you've brought up today; from grown ups.

Many innocent children are really suffering from this insanity. I can remember the issue my parents' pastor brought up about my sisters and many other girls being witches and possesed in his "church". My parents hurriedly bought the idea (as in people tend to believe EVERYTHING their pastor tells them) My mum would question my sis about the stuff, night and day. It was getting too annoying and I couldn't bear it. I had to go exclaim at her (during the questioning process) if she herself had asked her God if what her pastor said was true. She was silent and began to think about it (I was still a Christian then tho) and I wasn't nice with her pastor at all. His stup!d beliefs were just too much.

The imperative drive behind all these is FEAR. Humans would go and do the extreme (no matter how insane it would seem) to satisfy their fear and ensure themselves safety. For Africans to get healed of this sickness it would take hundreds of ultra-advancing generations. An adult can appear very stup!d when he subjects himself to fear. You hear him do and speak nonsense that a vibrant 8yr old kid would feel disgusted at. angry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by johnydon22(m): 3:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
Pr0ton:
That was very kind of you Johnydon22. These superstitions have just eaten deep into the brains of Africans. I do get really annoyed whenever I hear stuff like picking snails in the dream, a person who shakes before dying has seen his hell fire before he dies, sango is thunder, beautiful and fair girls are from the waters, declearing people contrary-spirit-possesor just because you see it in a dream or "revelation" (that is only witnessed by you alone) and many more including the one you've brought up today; from grown ups.

Many innocent children are really suffering from this insanity. I can remember the issue my parents' pastor brought up about my sisters and many other girls being witches and possesed in his "church". My parents hurriedly bought the idea (as in people tend to believe EVERYTHING their pastor tells them) My mum would question my sis about the stuff, night and day. It was getting too annoying and I couldn't bear it. I had to go exclaim at her (during the questioning process) if she herself had asked her God if what her pastor said was true. She was silent and began to think about it (I was still a Christian then tho) and I wasn't nice with her pastor at all. His stup!d beliefs were just too much.

The imperative drive behind all these is FEAR. Humans would go and do the extreme (no matter how insane it would seem) to satisfy their fear and ensure themselves safety. For Africans to get healed of this sickness it would take hundreds of ultra-advancing generations. An adult can appear very stup!d when he subjects himself to fear. You hear him do and speak nonsense that a vibrant 8yr old kid would feel disgusted at. angry

its quite a pity nnam. . . the child abuse is just too much

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) by cococandy(f): 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
Exactly
Pr0ton:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Flooding Has Been Swallowed Up, Prophet Shola Says After Meeting Governor Douye / "Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" / "Yayi Yayi Jesus Yayi": Who Knows The Lyrics Of This Christian Song?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.