Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting (6612 Views)

How We Are To Have Sex With Our Wives In Accordance To Sunnah- Friday Lecture / Reminder: Sunnah Of Friday (picx) / Eid: Etiquette And Rulings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by kheart(m): 5:52am On Jun 26, 2015
Assalamu Alaikum my fellow brothers and sisters in islam. Here re some of the sunnah of fasting.

Some aspects are obligatory (waajib) and others are recommended (mustahabb)

We should make sure that we eat and drink something at suhoor, and that we delay it until just before the adhaan of Fajr. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Have suhoor, for in suhoor there is blessing (barakah).” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 4/139). “Suhoor is blessed food, and it involves being different from the people of the Book. What a good suhoor for the believer is dates.” (Reported by Abu Dawood, no. 2345; Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/448).

Not delaying iftaar, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people will be fine so long as they do not delay iftaar.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 4/198).

Breaking one's fast in the manner described in the hadeeth narrated by Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him): “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to break his fast with fresh dates before praying; if fresh dates were not available, he would eat (dried) dates; if dried dates were not available, he would have a few sips of water.” (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 3/79 and others. He said it is a ghareeb hasan hadeeth. Classed as saheeh in al-Irwa’, no. 922).

After iftaar, reciting the words reported in the hadeeth narrated by Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with them both), according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), when he broke his fast, would say: “Dhahaba al-zama’, wa’btallat al-‘urooq, wa thabat al-ajru in sha Allaah (Thirst is gone, veins are flowing again, and the reward is certain, in sha Allaah).” (Reported by Abu Dawood, 2/765; its isnaad was classed as hasan by al-Daaraqutni, 2/185

Others include Not allowing oneself to be provoked, Being generous by sharing knowledge, giving money, using one’s position of authority or physical strength to help others,
Combining fasting with feeding the poor is one of the means of reaching Paradise, etc

http://www.sultan.org/fasting.html

Note:
1st Edition of Nairaland Iftaar (Kaduna) loading

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by SPEEKER: 10:59am On Jun 26, 2015
HMMM
Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by abduldope(m): 11:05am On Jun 26, 2015
shukran broda... jumat mufeeedah wa ramadan kareem to all my fellow muslims all ova d world in general grin

5 Likes

Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by Edwardhead(m): 11:06am On Jun 26, 2015
Jazak

4th to comment again??

dose dat comment above me sa, na jet una dey use?
fourth to comment, not bad

lemme use my lands wey I use ma MTN 3GB to buy advertise..

free. follower for you as you follow @GeniusJokerNG on both twitter and instagram. meet me there
Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by Franknigga(m): 11:07am On Jun 26, 2015
abduldope:
shukran broda... jumat mufeeedah wa ramadan kareem to all my fellow muslims all ova d world in general grin
4th place I try

1 Like

Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by Marlicque: 11:07am On Jun 26, 2015
@op- Jazakallah khair!!! May Allah accept our fasting as an act of Ibadah! AMIN...................

1 Like

Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by Wealthyone: 11:07am On Jun 26, 2015
forposting131:
Build your dream online! Get an e-Learning scholarship that worth $200,000 for FREE! >> http://www.forposting131..com/

Nawa oh! This is wrong you know. Where are d mods when u need them?
Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by iidibaraya(m): 11:11am On Jun 26, 2015
Nice one broda may He reward u, Jazakumullahu khairan
Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by marwanafrica: 11:11am On Jun 26, 2015
religion is for people who dont want to go to hell AND islam is the answer.

2 Likes

Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by Barbiekhadyjarh: 11:15am On Jun 26, 2015
Jazakallahu khair
Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by Odehfamily(m): 11:17am On Jun 26, 2015
Al Imaam Abu 'Abdillaah Muhammad Ibn Isma'eel(Imaam Bukhaaree- Rahimahullaah)
It's so hard to read about Al Imām Bukhārī and not fall in love with him.
Ibn Ḥajr(Rahimahullaah) said: “Imām Bukhārī learnt Ḥadīth from over 1,080 scholars.”● [Hādī as-Sarī, (Page: 479)]
Imām Ibn Kathīr(Rahimahullaah): “Al Imām Bukhārī would look in a book only once, and memorize everything.” ● [Al-Bidāya wa-n-Nihāya, (Volume: 11, Page: 25)]
Muḥammad b. Abū Hātim said: “Al Imām Bukhārī used to stand up to light a candle around twenty times every night while studying.”● [Sīyar (12/404)
Al Imām Muslim said to Al Imām Bukhārī: “I bear witness there is no one on Earth like you.” [سيرة الإمام البخاري، الصفحة: ٥]•
Fadlak al-Razī(Rahimahullaah) said:“I was never able to narrate a Ḥadīth which Imām Bukhārī did not know.”
[سيرة الإمام البخاري، الصفحة: ٥]•
Still easier than being accepted as a reliable narrator by Imām al-Bukhārī.
“Imām Bukhārī is above Imām Ahmad in matters of Fiqh!”
[فتح الباري شرح صحيح البخاري]•
Some of the teachers that taught Imām Bukhārī became his students.
Imām Bukhārī's students:
Imām Muslim.
Imām Tirmīdhī
Imām Ibn Khuzaymā.
Imām Nasā'ī.
All of them have complied their own books of Ḥadīth.
Imām Tirmīdhī was the one who started using the grading system for Ḥadīth.
Before him, it was either Ṣaḥīḥ or Fabricated.
So he devised the system of:
Ṣaḥīḥ, Ḥasan, Ḍaʻīf, Mawḍūʻ.

3 Likes

Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by Odehfamily(m): 11:20am On Jun 26, 2015
Things we are allowed to do in Ramadaan...1. To kiss ones WIFE in Ramadaan!(but be careful man!) Aa'isha(Radiyallaahu 'anha) said the Prophet(Salaallaahu 'alayh wa Salaam) used to do it, though he is the best of those who fear Allaah. This is the most authentic concerning this matter.
Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by Odehfamily(m): 11:21am On Jun 26, 2015
Abu hurairah reported;the mesenger of Allah said,he who observes optional prayer(Tarawih prayers)throughout ramadan,out of sincirety of faith and in the hope earning reward will have his past sins pardoned(Al-BUKHARI AND MUSLIM)

1 Like

Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by moufan: 11:22am On Jun 26, 2015
ramadan kareem and jum'ah mubarak to all muslims around the world

1 Like

Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by baba11(m): 11:25am On Jun 26, 2015
Ma sha Allah
Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by Omotayor123(f): 11:35am On Jun 26, 2015
I get too lazy to break my fast with fruits & I can't drink water on empty stomach. See me ooooo.
grin

1 Like

Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by DMainMan: 11:40am On Jun 26, 2015
Jazakallahu khairan
Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by Maghan37: 11:42am On Jun 26, 2015
Thnks 4 d article I gained a lot may ALLAH give us d full rewards of our fast.
Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by fabmuazu7(m): 12:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
Knowledge is endless.
Alhamdulilah. Thank you admin.
Jumma'at Mubarak!!
Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by Kagarko(m): 12:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
Jazakallahu khairan And to all Muslim brothers and sisters i say Taqabballallahu minna wa minkum.
Happy Jummu'at.
Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by conquest989: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
this will help you get more reward

Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by Yekoyeko(m): 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
Jazakhan Allah Khairan for the information!
Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by ganye1: 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
Jazakallah.
Re: Etiquette And Sunnah Of Fasting by tunapius(m): 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
Assuming a woman was forced by her man to av sex while ramadan is ONgoing(mayb arnd 3pm). Has d lady's fasting bin terminated? I knew dat of d man's

(1) (Reply)

How Are You Preparing For Ramadan? / How Is St. Peter Honoured In Islam? / Important Reminder In Our Daily Life And Deen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.