Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Should Grandkids Work For Grandparents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Grandkids Work For Grandparents? (466 Views)

90-Year-Old Grandma Who Has 81 Great Grandkids And 8 Great Great Grandkids / Parents And Grandparents – How To Make The Dynamic Work Well. / How To Give Your Nigerian Grandparents Headache (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Grandkids Work For Grandparents? by nowwhat: 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
My husband and I are in the process of reconciling and moving back together after 6+yrs separation.
My parents live 10 mins away on a large acreage and our son and his friend go there to spend some time helping my 66 yr old father. He pays them a small amount and they are not forced to go but enjoy it.
However my husband did not grow up helping his grandparents, and he is very upset that my parents would ask our 9yr son to help.
I don't see the problem as my son is happy to go.
Also on Father's Day, my parents invited us as well as some others to have dinner at their place. My husband refused to go, and was upset that we went. I left him food, but He was very mad we went away on Father's Day. should we have stayed home?
He hates my parents to put it mildly. I love my parents who supported me and kids during separation. And I love my husband who I am trying to understand. I feel I am caught between two warring sides and I am worried whats gonna happen to the kids who will be caught in the middle. All I want is peace with all sides.
Re: Should Grandkids Work For Grandparents? by jrhymez: 5:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
Of course kids should be able to run errands for their grandparents...... that's d joy of it. The lil pay is a stipend not wage or salary....... its an act of kindness or encouragement. Your husband tho OP....... where is he from. grin
Re: Should Grandkids Work For Grandparents? by nowwhat: 5:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
I am canadian. We live in Canada. He is from Benin city
Re: Should Grandkids Work For Grandparents? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2015
Your husband's just making issues out of nothing. The kids even enjoy it and I bet your parents find joy in it too...
I don't see anything wrong with what you've done..
I think your husband doesn't like your parents for some reasons. .

I advise you sort it out before coming back together shaa..
Re: Should Grandkids Work For Grandparents? by nowwhat: 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
After years of not providing properly for us, my parents were frustrated and said they did not want him on their property. Once he came to visit me at my place ( I rent my land from my father) and my father said he didn't even want him here. Now my dad has relented and let him come with no trouble but my husband can't forgive and forget. He says such hurtful things to me about my parents, like I asked him what if my dad would die tonite and he says , "so what.... What would that matter"
He says he would like to stone them but something holds him back. These painful words stay in my head.
Re: Should Grandkids Work For Grandparents? by yomi007k(m): 8:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
I wish to have in-laws like urs.

Help building n making boy responsible.

So help me God.

(1) (Reply)

His Sexuality / #dread / For Ladies And Gentlemen Going Or Into Marriage.a Mustwatch!an Eye Opener

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.