Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal - Foreign Affairs (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal (46231 Views)

Kenya Election 2017: Supreme Court Annuls Kenyatta Re-election / County Clerk Resigns Instead Of Issuing Gay Marriage Licenses (Photo) / US Gay Marriage: Robert Mugabe Asks Obama's Hand In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by morethanadoll(f): 9:11am On Jun 28, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Using your logic, God is also against Nigeria. We cannot win this war against terrorism ravaging the NE and that continues to threaten to expand to other part. Yet we criminalise homosexuality? We don't ever seem to "reap" the rewards of being "ambassadors" of "God". USA is even recording far more successes against terrorism than we can ever dream of. So what have really changed for Nigeria since they started punishing their own on sexual grounds?

Thanks for siding with me, my brother! Punishing our people for what should be a personal right and freedom does nothing more than further divide a nation.

1 Like

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Alfred234(m): 10:22am On Jun 28, 2015
morethanadoll:

Of course you won't acknowledge any of the other facts besides this one because you want to suppress and overlook those. You don't care about the history of black American struggles, not realizing that when you single out gays, that blacks fall into that category as well. I wouldn't have expected you to since we are probably thought of as Yankees to you. Anyway, I'll play your game for one last comment. I'm big into research, so that assumption will be looked into. Since I am an educated black woman that wouldn't have been able to enjoy my freedoms and liberties had someone not stand up for what they believed in, I will speak on behalf of your distant people in euphoria. I'd still be nothing more than a field nigger, picking some white man's cotton crop on his plantation. So yes, THANK YOU LORD FOR TURNING AROUND BAD CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF MY PEOPLE! America isn't perfect, but God has not "left or forsaken us!" Does that scripture sound familiar? Do you see how I can pick and choose any scripture at a given time to suit a situation to get my point across? Convincing, right? That's where I hop off the bandwagon of Christianity. That is my first time hearing of America allowing fornication with animals. If that is true, then, we may be crazy. No one has forgotten their Creator. We are aware. Have you had sex out of wedlock? Have you even kissed a girl out of wedlock? Strange practice that isn't supposed to happen, but I'm sure it has in your lifetime. Once again, no sin has a severity level. We burn, so will you. Your country has terroists consisting of its own kind that can't be stopped! Hello, Boko Haram? I don't live my life by Bible verses, but "Let he who lives without sin cast the first stone," my brother/sister. Isn't that God passing judgment on Nigeria as well, according to your reasoning? Once again, if God is against America, He is working in Nigeria. Nigeria is losing all types of wars: terror, corruption, inequality, and hunger. You can't compare developing countries with established countries in that manner. Israel's problems surfaced from politics, but that's a different topic for a different day. Step off whatever Christian pedestal that you are standing on. Christianity won't save your soul. Learning to accept people the way that they are, loving God with all your heart, and living life the best way that you can will. Christianity is ruining you. God bless you!
I wish I could like this post a million times. Preach!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Fourwinds: 10:25am On Jun 28, 2015
morethanadoll:

Of course you won't acknowledge any of the other facts besides this one because you want to suppress and overlook those. You don't care about the history of black American struggles, not realizing that when you single out gays, that blacks fall into that category as well. I wouldn't have expected you to since we are probably thought of as Yankees to you. Anyway, I'll play your game for one last comment. I'm big into research, so that assumption will be looked into. Since I am an educated black woman that wouldn't have been able to enjoy my freedoms and liberties had someone not stand up for what they believed in, I will speak on behalf of your distant people in euphoria. I'd still be nothing more than a field nigger, picking some white man's cotton crop on his plantation. So yes, THANK YOU LORD FOR TURNING AROUND BAD CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF MY PEOPLE! America isn't perfect, but God has not "left or forsaken us!" Does that scripture sound familiar? Do you see how I can pick and choose any scripture at a given time to suit a situation to get my point across? Convincing, right? That's where I hop off the bandwagon of Christianity. That is my first time hearing of America allowing fornication with animals. If that is true, then, we may be crazy. No one has forgotten their Creator. We are aware. Have you had sex out of wedlock? Have you even kissed a girl out of wedlock? Strange practice that isn't supposed to happen, but I'm sure it has in your lifetime. Once again, no sin has a severity level. We burn, so will you. Your country has terroists consisting of its own kind that can't be stopped! Hello, Boko Haram? I don't live my life by Bible verses, but "Let he who lives without sin cast the first stone," my brother/sister. Isn't that God passing judgment on Nigeria as well, according to your reasoning? Once again, if God is against America, He is working in Nigeria. Nigeria is losing all types of wars: terror, corruption, inequality, and hunger. You can't compare developing countries with established countries in that manner. Israel's problems surfaced from politics, but that's a different topic for a different day. Step off whatever Christian pedestal that you are standing on. Christianity won't save your soul. Learning to accept people the way that they are, loving God with all your heart, and living life the best way that you can will. Christianity is ruining you. God bless you!
terrorism in Nigeria is indigenous, dis is as a result of illiteracy and poverty but dat of USA is not indigenous. D system in USA is well structure to serve unemployment and education of its citizenry yet u still have terrorist chasing after Americans. So u are not suppose to compare at all
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Fourwinds: 10:35am On Jun 28, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Using your logic, God is also against Nigeria. We cannot win this war against terrorism ravaging the NE and that continues to threaten to expand to other part. Yet we criminalise homosexuality? We don't ever seem to "reap" the rewards of being "ambassadors" of "God". USA is even recording far more successes against terrorism than we can ever dream of. So what have really changed for Nigeria since they started punishing their own on sexual grounds?
im surprise dat u are making a comparism between Nigeria terrorism and dat of USA. D one in Nigeria is indigenous. It is as a result of poverty and illiteracy while dat of USA is external. The USA social welfare and educational programs are structured such that its citizens won't be under pressure to take up arms. Didnt u see what happened in Niger Delta. If we had a functioning system like dat of USA do u think d militant would have taken up arms against its government
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
Fourwinds:
im surprise dat u are making a comparism between Nigeria terrorism and dat of USA. D one in Nigeria is indigenous. It is as a result of poverty and illiteracy while dat of USA is external. The USA social welfare and educational programs are structured such that its citizens won't be under pressure to take up arms. Didnt u see what happened in Niger Delta. If we had a functioning system like dat of USA do u think d militant would have taken up arms against its government
ignore that dude, he is a friggin fagggot.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by vapid: 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
Why don't you open your mouth let me put food inside. Or wait for me to prove 1+1=2. Illiterate
Sagamite:

No, you need to show me o.

And never in your life should you again tell me to go and google the evidence for your claim.

Now go and show me 5 homosexual animals.

3 Likes

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by dazzlingbeau(f): 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
Delafruita:
this is a victory for humanity and it finally shows that humans can do the right thing.this isn't just a victory for the LGBT,its a victory of man over his own inhumanity.
well said sir
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by dazzlingbeau(f): 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
Psylas:
this Earth hv millions of years to stay if not billions, go read ur science book
hahaha grin pls ignore the deluded, brainwashed fanatics.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by beryl04(m): 2:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
morethanadoll:

this post is like a refreshing glass of cold water in the middle of parched sahara desert!welldone my sister.God bless u

3 Likes

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by piicity(m): 2:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
Yap
MuhdG:

Yup! And you?
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
piicity:
Yap

Wow!!

Nice smiley
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by morethanadoll(f): 4:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
beryl04:

this post is like a refreshing glass of cold water in the middle of parched sahara desert!welldone my sister.God bless u

Anytime my brother!
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by morethanadoll(f): 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
Fourwinds:
terrorism in Nigeria is indigenous, dis is as a result of illiteracy and poverty but dat of USA is not indigenous. D system in USA is well structure to serve unemployment and education of its citizenry yet u still have terrorist chasing after Americans. So u are not suppose to compare at all

Once again, terrorists aren't our people and when caught, they are dealt with accordingly. You have little to no understanding and your logic makes zero sense. Furthermore, since we are on the topic of comparisons, you are Nigerian. Worry about Nigerian issues, since you aren't concerned with black American history.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by morethanadoll(f): 5:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
Alfred234:

I wish I could like this post a million times. Preach!!!

Thank you. I had enough of the ignorance and decided to express who the God I serve really is!
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by morethanadoll(f): 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
firstEVA:
ignore that dude, he is a friggin fagggot.
I wish that I could! I loooove a good deabte and will continue to school him on how to be a better human being. He refuses to comment on any of the ethnic comments about black Americans struggles to gain their freedom, but he will continue to justify Christianity and npw, terrorism. But, what can you expect from a Muslim?
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
morethanadoll:

I wish that I could! I loooove a good deabte and will continue to school him on how to be a better human being. He refuses to comment on any of the ethnic comments about black Americans struggles to gain their freedom, but he will continue to justify Christianity and npw, terrorism. But, what can you expect from a Muslim?
pls I am not interested in whatever it is you are going on and on about, u can remain in America and keep preaching whatever it is.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by morethanadoll(f): 5:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
firstEVA:
pls I am not interested in whatever it is you are going on and on about, u can remain in America and keep preaching whatever it is.

You are right about a couple things. I will continue to go on and on and preach the love of a holy God, so if you don't want to continue talking, don't respond. I love attitudes, as well! They don't phase or move me much. I will remain in my free, functioning country! God Bless America!

1 Like

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by morethanadoll(f): 5:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
morethanadoll:

You are right about a few things. I will remain in America since I have been to Nigeria and witnessed the way of life of the people. It would take a lot of change before I would even decide if I wanted to live there. I will continue to go on and on and preach the love of a holy God, so if you don't want to continue talking, don't respond. I love attitudes, as well! They don't phase or move me much. I will remain in my free, functioning country! God Bless America!
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
morethanadoll:

You are right about a couple things. I will continue to go on and on and preach the love of a holy God, so if you don't want to continue talking, don't respond. I love attitudes, as well! They don't phase or move me much. I will remain in my free, functioning country! God Bless America!
good for you, I hope your son is bleeped in arssse in the nearest future. Bunch of idiotss.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by morethanadoll(f): 5:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
firstEVA:
good for you, I hope your son in bleeped in arssse in the nearest future. Bunch of idiotss.

Firstly, may you please speak proper English? I don't understand broken gramatics at all. Secondly, Americans aren't all about laying on their backs and having babies. We are more so about education and pursuing comfortable futures. I do not have a son. I do not care to have any children. That isn't my goal in life. That may be yours, though, since I've been told that that is you all's way of trapping a man to marry you. Now, that's idiotic and needs to be prayed about. But, what I do have are degrees, a career, a house, two foreigh cars, electricity, and food on my table every night. ALL BLESSINGS! So, even if I had a son someday and he was gay, he will be living a wonderful, comfortable gay life! Lastly, you seem upset. Would you like me to send a letter to embassy for you a visa request? grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
morethanadoll:

Firstly, may you please speak proper English? I don't understand broken gramatics at all. Secondly, Americans aren't all about laying on their backs and having babies. We are more so about education and pursuing comfortable futures. I do not have a son. I do not care to have any children. That isn't my goal in life. That may be yours, though, since I've been told that that is you all's way of trapping a man to marry you. Now, that's idiotic and needs to be prayed about. But, what I do have are degrees, a career, a house, two foreigh cars, electricity, and food on my table every night. ALL BLESSINGS! So, even if I had a son someday and he was gay, he will be living a wonderful, comfortable gay life!
we have nothing in common, I actually shouldn't be conversing with you, I am an African, I have different values. Enjoy your sodomic life, cheers.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by morethanadoll(f): 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2015
firstEVA:
we have nothing in common, I actually shouldn't be conversing with you, I am an African, I have different values. Enjoy your sodomic life, cheers.

I'm sure you don't have many of those things in common with me. You will NEVER see or have them because you judge people. You can't and won't be blessed living like that! Call it what you want, but my life is great and if "sodomic" living pours out blessings, then, I'll continue in this path. Your values will keep your people right where they are.

2 Likes

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
morethanadoll:

I'm sure you don't have many of those things in common with me. You will NEVER see or have them because you judge people. You can't and won't be blessed living like that! Call it what you want, but my life is great and if "sodomic" living pours out blessings, then, I'll continue in this path. Your values will keep your people right where they are.
what do you call blessings? A man getting an erection at the sight of another man's asss. Your land as it is is cursed. I can't even stand you. Pls stop quoting me, thanks in advance.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by joywendy(f): 6:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
morethanadoll:

Babe you get time to be answering all this people, their hatred as gone in deep. Whatever you say or do won't change their mind.

2 Likes

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by morethanadoll(f): 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
firstEVA:
what do you call blessings? A man getting an erection at the sight of another man's asss. Your land as it is is cursed. I can't even stand you. Pls stop quoting me, thanks in advance.

I've been to Nigeria, and trust and believe, if God is so wrathful, He is present there! To each is own, but just know that I will continue to quote, and with wordy passages, as long as you quote me. Feel free to stop when you are ready. Remember I live in a free country where we do whatever, according to you? It isn't my place to judge, since I can't save anyone's soul, but my own. Not being able to "stand" or love everyone because they think differently than you is like not "standing" everyone because their skin color isn't yours. That's not evil to you? Seems like the devil is working in you, too, by the way you are telling it. Blessings come to those who don't judge others, mind their business, and have faith in the Lord. Do you think the profanities in which you are using isn't a sin? Sins don't have severity levels, my sister. If my land is cursed, so is yours, and I can name a ton of things about yours that makes it ineffective place to live since God is being wrathful there, as well---according to your logic.

3 Likes

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by morethanadoll(f): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
joywendy:

Babe you get time to be answering all this people, their hatred as gone in deep. Whatever you say or do won't change their mind.

I'm not attempting to change their minds. I'm here to voice my opinion, just as they have. There aren't many black Americans on this site to speak up for us, so I will! I have all the time in the world! It is the weekend. I have no job to be at on today, and it is Sunday! What a great day to put Christian hypocrites in their rightful places! I live for entertainment on the weekends. Their ignorance is definitely bliss, my sister!

2 Likes

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by brenkess: 10:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by beryl04(m): 11:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
morethanadoll:

oh finally u've met miss firsteva,nairaland resident homophobe!
she lives and breathes to bash gays and spew her bigoted ignorance on topic that concerns gays.

goodluck with that one.

1 Like

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by declaro(m): 2:39am On Jun 29, 2015
morethanadoll:

I was unaware that there were different levels of severities attached to sins. Not true. A sin is a sin. You are supposed to forgive everyone. Pick whichever Bible verse you'd like to justify that.

I don't want to bring religion to this. But if you want to us to walk through the Christianity believe fine. I will help you to understand the difference from sin and sodomy. Sin is sin, everyone sin and God forgives, God is merciful, God forgives all sins but has never forgive Sodom and Gomorrah with all the plead from His own Abraham. If God can still condemn Sodom and Gomorrah after Abraham has interceded for them how do you think he will forgive gays. Lott was saved but God still disliked him for living in mist of gays, read your Genesis, God left Abraham when Lott was living with him, God turn his back from Abraham until Abraham separated from Lott.

I will denounce and dis associate with my religion if they accept gay. I mean Roman Catholic, this world is been controlled by Gays and this marks the ending of human on Earth if we allow it to spread and encourage it. There will be a time when people will be forced to become gay. Just like Sodom and Gomorrah habit came to be. It spread more than virus to the societies. I will also dislike Nigeria if PMB trend on that path.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by onegig(m): 5:35am On Jun 29, 2015
joywendy:

Onegig

mmm....glad that you understand my view on this issue. Your first line was it a typo error or something?

Anyways i get what you are trying to say about shifting their ideologies and beliefs down someone's throat which also goes against violating other people's rights in different ways. BTW it is the United States of America, they have that hero and god complex. That shouldn't be of surprise to anyone. I'm not justifying their actions but the truth has to be said.

No one is forcing anyone to agree to it especially here in Africa where it has been banned in some countries. like i said previously it is not possible for them to force everyone to go by their rule except they want another world war over a group that will a remain a minority for the remaining centuries to come.

i don't think that globalization has to do with the hatred and anger poured out by most of the people on this forum on the law put fort in the United States. Why cant they put in this much energy and vibe when dealing with corrupt officials,pedophiles,rapist, discrimination of various forms,fake pastors etc use this same energy to think of ways to move this country forward before thinking of something happening in another man's land. It doesn't make any sense! It is actually very hypocritical of them coming up here, acting all holy and cursing all over the place.

We need to get our priorities right in this country if we ever want to move forward. My own personal opinion

We need to get our priorities right. Yeah, but people would react to what they consider a threat to their personal ideals. its human nature.

Mine is, I don't actually give a damn what two grown adults do with their bodies behind closed doors, just don't project your pervasion as the right to do in public and ask for rights to practice such.
Which is impossible for the US to do.

You seem not to be in the know as regards international politics and the underhand dealings that go with it or what commerce and globalization does.

Just imagine what 10 years of conditioning would do to an African kid who watches Disney Junior and sees the basic family unit as that consisting 2 Men as husband and wife or the books you read which carry the subtle narratives that same sex marriages is normal. Cartoons like Winnie the pooh, Mickey Mouse etc narratives would need to be changed and aligned with current realities. All these end up in the hands of an innocent African kid.

The world is lopsided as it is. The biggest 4 media corporations in the world is owned by Americans. Culture is transient and open to changes and just imagine that a great percentage of African youths watch all these media outlets as their source of entertainment.

No one needs to carry a gun to their heads before there's a psychic change in their behaviour when they are continuously being projected to gay behaviours as the norm.

They watch movies and see gay parents or gay acts. They watch music and their icons are always showing nude and gay acts and singing about such. Even these artists go on to declare they are gays. Before you know it they are already taking up these behaviours and would start exhibiting such.

The current trend of most African ladies wanting to bleach their skin to appear beautiful and acceptable is as a result of continuous conditioning they have undergone by your "esteemed Hollywood" that "white is the new beautiful" or being anoxeric, slim, fake with all those surgeries and liposuctions is the "new beautiful". Do you know the millions of Africans shamelessly and haplessly caught up in this act?

I am talking facts now, not even religious thoughts or opinions. Gay communities have double the rate of HIV/Aids transmission than heterosexual communities. Gays are also more susceptible to STDs than heterosexual humans. Just imagine an African community with all the problems we have and adding this to it.

What we watch influences our behaviours to a great extent. Except African Governments would start clamping down on free speech and media(which would be wrong) I don't see how this can be curbed. So ordinary African citizens have a right to protest such actions and say their minds. It is not misplaced..

You seem not to really understand the consequences of the action and not looking at the bigger picture.
You and the others condemning those raising their voices against such are just more concerned about shouting down people and not really listening to their voice.

I don't support hate messages or going overboard but there's a tiny veiled message behind the numerous cries of those moderate ones. Do we discard their opinions? Don't they also have rights?

As regards my earlier posts. Would edit it later. Was in rush when typing that.

1 Like

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 29, 2015
SYLVESTER777:
THIS SIGULAR ACT OF THE US SUPREME COURT SIGNIFIES THE END OF THIS WORLD(CHECK OUT REVELATION 13).NEXT WHAT WILL BE COMING IS ERADICATION OF RELIGIOUS LIBERTY-FREEDOM OF WORSHIP-PLEASE NOTE MY WORDS-CHECK OUT THIS BOOK:THE GREAT CONTROVERSY by E.G WHITE.If you are interested i can send you the book(in PDF FORM).
I'm interested.
send it to me via clifford.oboarekpe@yahoo.com
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Sagamite(m): 2:01pm On Jun 29, 2015
vapid:
Why don't you open your mouth let me put food inside. Or wait for me to prove 1+1=2. Illiterate

You are a cretinous fuutkard!

You mean you can't show me FIVE homosexual animals out of the HUUUUUUNDREDS you know of?

Bloody cretin! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Donald Trump Signs On A Woman's Chest During Campaign Visit In Iowa (Pics) / Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO / Apple Fire Rages In California, Thousands Evacuated (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.