Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys - Rap Battles (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys (3923 Views)

The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Darkrebel666 Vs Heywhizzy / The Holocaust Tourney[Quarter Finals] - Jigsawkillah Vs Kinglahkay / The Holocaust Tourney✘ [preliminary-stage] WOME[Week Of Main Event] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by liricyst(m): 6:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
kr0ne:

A cipher. We'll eliminate the contestant with the worst verse. grin

Bleep!! Will it be a topical or we are allowed to just express ourselves?
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
kr0ne:

A cipher. We'll eliminate the contestant with the worst verse. grin

ELYMAXiimus:

teddy's idea seems to be the only way.
Do you have anyother thing in mind?

a cypher would be too easy. Is that not what we do on FFR everyday effortlessly? all you'd have to do is string a couple of rhymes together. .
this stage is not meant to assuage the battlers but rather to make them work extra hard, thus I suggest rapping on a topic which would be more brain-tasking & strenuous.

Ibime would give the 5 battlers a specific topic to rap about [just like the K.O.P]

we must write on the particular topic & after all verses have been posted, the judges would cast their votes.

translation:- we won't be utilising the Tourney's standard voting criteria.
we would be using the K.O.P's format:-

•Vocabulary
•Rhymes
•Flow
•Imagery
•Enjoyability ✘
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
liricyst:

Braggadocio would be too easy.
It would a topical event . ✘
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by liricyst(m): 7:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Braggadocio would be too easy.
It would a topical galore . ✘

We would diss four cats in a verse....that's the way to go
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by obesemf(m): 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
i suggest we go at each other
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by Heywhizzy(m): 7:06pm On Jun 27, 2015
kr0ne:

You were not robbed, bro. He won that battle.
I can agree he won..but those who analysed their vote into criterion already had my opponent in mind as a winner and were finding it extremely difficult to give me the crits I deserve just to make sure he edges me out..my dominate and euthanasia wordplay most especially..I didn't see any rebel meta that compare to mine..Ojigi,Hebrew 4 vs 12,jenner..I know he won technically but on crit,he lost
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
liricyst:

We would diss four cats in a verse....that's the way to go

that is amateurish & facebook-like. rap battles is between 2 individuals. dissing 4 people in a verse won't be appealing & it would be difficult for the judges to pass a verdict.

Topical would be more creative & a more effective way..
let's hear the what the judges have to say cos dissing 4 people in a verse doesn't make sense to me... ✘

1 Like

Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by kr0ne(m): 7:20pm On Jun 27, 2015
Darkrebel666:

a cypher would be too easy. Is that not what we do on FFR everyday effortlessly? all you'd have to do is string a couple of rhymes together. .
this stage is not meant to assuage the battlers but rather to make them work extra hard, thus I suggest rapping on a topic which would be more brain-tasking & strenuous.

Ibime would give the 5 battlers a specific topic to rap about [just like the K.O.P]

we must write on the particular topic & after all verses have been posted, the judges would cast their votes.

translation:- we won't be utilising the Tourney's standard voting criteria.
we would be using the K.O.P's format:-

•Vocabulary
•Rhymes
•Flow
•Imagery
•Enjoyability ✘
Bros, we're saying the same thing. Ciphers do have topics too.
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
kr0ne:

Bros, we're saying the same thing. Ciphers do have topics too.

you are wrong. rap cyphers are in freestyle format i.e they aren't on a particular topic & emcees have the liberty to rap on whatever they want. ✘
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by kr0ne(m): 7:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
liricyst:

Topical, of course
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by kr0ne(m): 7:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
Darkrebel666:

you are wrong. rap cyphers are in freestyle format i.e they aren't on a particular topic & emcees have the liberty to rap on whatever they want. ✘
Can we bet on this? grin
Cc: Ibime, Emaprince, Lyricyst
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by liricyst(m): 7:28pm On Jun 27, 2015
kr0ne:

Topical, of course

Aiit i copy

Darkrebel666... for your info
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by liricyst(m): 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Well technically you have defined an audio cypher. A written cypher is however very much scripted and many have been known to carry topics
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by kr0ne(m): 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2015
obesemf:

I think we should go at each other.

15 barzzzzzzz
15 bars? See your head. If I were to decide, it shouldn't exceed 5 bars self.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
liricyst:

Well technically you have defined an audio cypher. A written cypher is however very much scripted and many have been known to carry topics

wrong.. a cypher is not topical whether it is in Text format or audio.. when did you start emceeing?

a cypher doesn't have a particular topic -e.g the NL's last year's cypher.

If you are using those things they do on Facebook as a yardstick then you are on a long thing. ✘
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by liricyst(m): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
Darkrebel666:

wrong.. a cypher is not topical whether it is in Text format or audio.. when did you start emceeing?

a cypher doesn't have a particular topic -e.g the NL's last year's cypher.

If you are using those things they do on Facebook as a yardstick them you are on a long thing. ✘

Lol.....no lele...whatever man. Don't wanna argue. The judges say we'll do a topical whatever...so am cool with whatever
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by obesemf(m): 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
kr0ne:

15 bars? See your head. If I were to decide, it shouldn't exceed 5 bars self.

the people deserve to see bars. BBARRRRSSS
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
kr0ne:

Can we bet on this? grin
Cc: Ibime, Emaprince, Lyricyst

when I win the money you wager, I 'll use it to buy atikubi dinner cool
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by kr0ne(m): 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
Darkrebel666:

when I win the money you wager, I 'll use it to buy atikubi dinner cool
You dey craze.
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by kinglahkay(m): 7:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
kr0ne:

You dey craze.

My belle ooooooooo
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
kr0ne:
You dey craze.
come on..it's just a harmless dinner grin cheesy

Testerfuze.. where are you? it is time to post your bars.. ✘
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by Testerfuze(m): 8:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
Darkrebel666:

come on..it's just a harmless dinner grin cheesy

Testerfuze.. where are you? it is time to post your bars.. ✘
where my thread at??
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by Emaprince: 8:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
Lmao...shey kr0ne dey date atikubi ni?
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by kr0ne(m): 8:25pm On Jun 27, 2015
Emaprince:
Lmao...shey kr0ne dey date atikubi ni?
No, I introduced her to NL. grin
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by kr0ne(m): 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
Una dey find personals. Una go search tire grin grin
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by Gladyys(f): 9:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
liricyst:

Lol... i'm impressed at her no doubt.

But on to another issue....On those who made it past the quarters...we have Liricyst, darkrebel666, jigsawkillah, obesemf....and (Elymaxiimus or testerfuze). So which method was agreed upon to use to select the four who would be in the semis?
it was a gud battle n worth d work.... nice one n win d tourney coz u deserve it...

1 Like

Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by ELYMAXiimus(m): 9:57pm On Jun 27, 2015
Bullshit! Topical in a horror diss tourney?.....

No be poem i sign up for, guys!

If teddy's idea aint good, you guys should find another way.

Dark's idea sucks! Dfuck? grin
he even saying we should use the K.O.P crits grin In something you urself titled the HOLOCAUST.

i say, we kill one another in a thread!!! Sorta like a royal rumble!!!

1 Like

Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by liricyst(m): 4:27am On Jun 28, 2015
Gladyys:

it was a gud battle n worth d work.... nice one n win d tourney coz u deserve it...

thanks dear
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by obesemf(m): 7:46am On Jun 28, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

he even saying we should use the K.O.P crits grin In something you urself titled the HOLOCAUST.

exactly
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by liricyst(m): 7:55am On Jun 28, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:

i love the hell outta topicals but for the purpose of this kinda tourney. ..dissing is my pick.

or let NL vote the four they wanna see in the semis
Re: The Holocaust Tourney [quarter Finals] Liricyst Vs Gladyys by obesemf(m): 11:37am On Jun 28, 2015
liricyst:

i love the hell outta topicals but for the purpose of this kinda tourney. ..dissing is my pick.

or let NL vote the four they wanna see in the semis

vote? wtf, battle >>>>>

(1) (2) (3)

Top 10 Nigerian Rap Songs Since 1999 / Good Rap Lyricist Wanted For Paid Work / MAESTO Seeking The Evil Path.. NAIRALAND ADVENTURE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.