Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,578 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

What Eden1747(f) Did Not Tell Us About Her "Humilation" At ECOBANK Badagry Today - Business (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Eden1747(f) Did Not Tell Us About Her "Humilation" At ECOBANK Badagry Today (45017 Views)

Ecobank Branch Is On Fire (Photos) / REAL REASON Why Charism Countered Eden1747(f) ECOBANK Humilation Claim / My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Eden1747(f) Did Not Tell Us About Her "Humilation" At ECOBANK Badagry Today by jackpot(f): 11:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
This counter thread, I believe, is fake. Probably, a damage limitation by an ECOBANK staff. Enough said!!!

3 Likes

Re: What Eden1747(f) Did Not Tell Us About Her "Humilation" At ECOBANK Badagry Today by unmask: 8:09am On Jun 28, 2015
Maser:
Having done Customer Service job myself in a reputable organisation in the UK years back, I find Nigerian Bankers a bunch of jokers. Can't say whether its because of the culture or lack of training. When I came to Nigeria and went to Ecobank, I shook my head in disappointment as the so-called customer service lady was so full of herself, No smile, No eye contact, No friendly tone whatsoever, and of course basic courtesy was totally absent. I remember complaining to a friend about it. Anyone who experiences what real customer service is in the UK will tell you that Nigerians are rude at it. In the UK you will almost think they are falling in love with you but no, they are just being professional and of course raising voice at customer is unthinkable. I suggest banks should be sending them to the UK for a weeks course. I blame bank management who don't want to spend money to expose their staff and train them properly.
several factors contribute to what you get as a customer....emoluments, irate customers, stress on the job, lack of compensation..... most people would blame the staff, but I am sure if the staff are happy from the onset, customers will get better service

and Nigerians just like banks, coming to banks to do things that could be done from the comfort of their houses...or are UK banks as crowded as Nigerian banks?..... Not to talk of The Nigerian innate mentality of never adhering to instructions, If at this stage, we still have to force people to queue then there is a problem

a friend works in a bank in UK.....he leaves his house 7:45am and by four he is back.....most bankers in Nigeria I am sure would be up by 5am and leave work on an average of 7pm daily....I hear some even work weekends..... Now tell me why most won't get easily irritated?

that doesn't exonerate some bank staff, who have no business being in the services line.

well eden has done her own part by reporting the staff, but I hope she realises that in management..... not just one person will suffer for the sins of the staff she reported
Re: What Eden1747(f) Did Not Tell Us About Her "Humilation" At ECOBANK Badagry Today by unmask: 8:18am On Jun 28, 2015
saxywale:

Not only the US my brother..Even in the UK or Canada or any country where there is a consumer protection system in place. The CSM goofed ..simple as ABC and his pride won't even make him apologize..imagine, an ordinary branch clerk...not even a decision maker in the bank.
Management would give outrageous target to sales/business development team and also spend huge amount of money on adverts and one clerk would just start rubbishing their hard work.
what do you mean by an ordinary branch clerk? an ordinary carpenter's son was Jesus.....an ordinary shepherd boy became king David.....learn not to get smug in your own world....an ordinary fisherman can save a billionaire from drowning in the open sea

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Eden1747(f) Did Not Tell Us About Her "Humilation" At ECOBANK Badagry Today by unmask: 8:29am On Jun 28, 2015
ademega:

Whatever you can think of me , I am. And I thank God for it. I have said what my brain has the capacity to think of .
People like you with very high IQ has the tendency to regret such latter in life . I still have one in my area teaching every passerby mathematics .
typical Nigerian mentality.....so what is bad in teaching every passerby mathematics? a job becomes bad when you are doing it for all the wrong reasons.... that you make millions doesn't make you as good as the next person who makes a thousand, but couldn't have been happier doing something else.

I had a teacher once, brilliant dude who ended up being a teacher despite several offers from reputable companies.... and his reason for remaining a teacher was because of the thanks he got from people he had taught

2 Likes

Re: What Eden1747(f) Did Not Tell Us About Her "Humilation" At ECOBANK Badagry Today by ArcToyin(m): 7:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
I was surprised too at his narration. Hardly will one see a bank official use such vulgar phrase at a customer.
Bugatie:

Mind to share your own version of the story cos you might be saving someone's job.

As a service person I understand how much self control it takes for one to maintain his or cool when attending to irate customers especially when they are in their numbers.

The BVN registration did not make things any easier for the bank staff especially with the last minute surge of customers who besieged the banks as if the whole exercise just started yesterday.

I was at one of the banks today, First bank precisely and could not help "slamming" another customer for insulting a bank staff just because the staff asked that the lady allow a heavily pregnant woman do her transaction first. The customer couldn't take any of it but referred to the staff as "stupid" for keeping her waiting.
Other customers joined in reprimanding the lady.

My point is, stories are not always as straight as narrated, you can imagine the lady's version of the incidence.

Am not by any means making defence for the Ecobank guy in question but I find to believe he will so careless to refer to a customer as a goat.

A look at the picture below will give you an idea of the crowd most banks have been facing lately.
Re: What Eden1747(f) Did Not Tell Us About Her "Humilation" At ECOBANK Badagry Today by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
jackpot:
This counter thread, I believe, is fake. Probably, a damage limitation by an ECOBANK staff. Enough said!!!
Very true.

1 Like

Re: What Eden1747(f) Did Not Tell Us About Her "Humilation" At ECOBANK Badagry Today by Tinyemeka(m): 1:53am On Jul 01, 2015
flyca:

Biko, what is wrong with her tone in this text? How would she have defended herself better here. Pls tell me.

Me I see everything wrong in someone responding to a simple observation with caustic remarks and threats of fire and brimstone. Moreso, coming from someone who claims to be fasting and praying for Grace. That her reply to the OP's remark has already given an indication of how she may have acted that day.

I ask again, customer, was the staff attending to someone else when you came, put the card in his face and told him you were there for your PIN?

2 Likes

Re: What Eden1747(f) Did Not Tell Us About Her "Humilation" At ECOBANK Badagry Today by semasir: 2:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hi Charism and Eden1747, I'll like you to sign up at www.badagryforum.com and add flavor to the Portal since both live in Badagry (and probably from Badagry too).

I am a Badagrian but not currently living there.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Dollar Is Back To Normal On Google, Sigh :-( / Nigerian Loan Website That Can Provide 50 - 100K Without Collateral / BVN Madness In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.