Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola (953 Views)

Lagos PDP Commends Ambode Over Abandoned Projects / Unpaid Salaries: Osun Lawmakers Now Sweep Chambers / PDP Hails Lawmakers’ Move To Impeach Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola by samueld0(m): 8:42am On Jun 27, 2015
Peoples Democratic Party, PDP on Friday commended Osun State House of Assembly for commencing impeachment process against Governor Rauf Aregbesola following a petition by Justice Folahanmi Oloyede.
The commendations was made in a press statement released by Osun State’s PDP Publicity Secretary, Mr. Bola Ajao.
The statement read, “We want to commend the lawmakers for commencing the process of impeaching Governor Aregbesola in order to save the state.
“For us as a political party, our concern is beyond playing the traditional role of opposition party. It is about the people of Osun State. It is about men and women who are supposedly gainfully-employed but are now refugees in their own land, living on handouts from compassionate religious and corporate bodies.
“It is about the present and future of the state. It is about generations unborn and questions that would be asked us if we don’t act collectively now.
“Even members of Aregbesola’s party know that he spoke from his heart when he said he was clueless about how to rescue the state from imminent doom.
“The lawmakers will be writing their names in gold, irrespective of party affiliations, if they take the lead in rescuing their constituents from penury and impending economic catastrophe.
“History and posterity will not forgive the lawmakers if they allow the fading administration of Aregbesola to scuttle the impeachment process on the altar of political exigency and partisan conspiracy.
“We are aware of the tremendous pressure being brought upon the lawmakers by the insensitive leaders and chieftains of the All Progressives Congress within and outside of the state, but the lawmakers owe posterity and their generations unborn this moment of history to offer the state the last straw before it would collapse irretrievably.
“We have it on good authority that a deal had been reached between Governor Aregbesola and the leadership of the Assembly to kill the impeachment process by referring his response to Justice Oloyede’s petition to a Kangaroo committee of the Assembly that would rule that the governor has no case to answer on the weighty allegations raised by the petitioner.
“This is completely unacceptable to the traumatised people of Osun State and such shenanigan will be fiercely resisted.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/pdp-commends-osun-lawmakers-over-move-to-impeach-aregbesola/

Re: PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola by natas22: 8:47am On Jun 27, 2015
Re: PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola by samueld0(m): 8:48am On Jun 27, 2015
I pray this impeachment process see the light of the day
Re: PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Tecnonews24: 8:49am On Jun 27, 2015
how did the rascal manage to win elections twice? I Am really happy Gej is no more in office to blame. who do you blame now for your financial rascality Mr rascal?
Re: PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola by mistabiola: 8:50am On Jun 27, 2015
Aregbesola knows how to get himself out of this mess, so don't think of impeachment at all.
Re: PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola by femorocafella: 8:52am On Jun 27, 2015
Thıs wıll serve as a lesson to other governors dat want to use aregberascal case to be owıng theır staff especıally ekıtı state governor fayose.hes owıng 3months salary now as ı speak.my take aregberascal should be ımpeached.ıts not faır wen you are collectıng your own salary and refused to pay others theır own.wat a country we fınd ourselves
Re: PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Tecnonews24: 8:57am On Jun 27, 2015
samueld0:

b4 now, I thought the Yorubas knows their left from right, now I know they are just empty can that makes only noise. gosh.
Re: PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 27, 2015
Why can't the governor resign honorably?

1 Like

Re: PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola by ncolumella(m): 9:00am On Jun 27, 2015
our government and mismanagement.
Re: PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Bugatie(m): 9:04am On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
Why can't the governor resign honorably?

Me wonder o,

I expect the dude to just resign and apologise to the state for his extravagance
Re: PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola by 48noble(m): 9:12am On Jun 27, 2015
He has collected bail out fund from the old wine that gets tastier by each passing day... give the guy a chance and pray for him ,he is not alone other governors are involved too.
Re: PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Wildrage: 9:20am On Jun 27, 2015
Tecnonews24:

b4 now, I thought the Yorubas knows their left from right, now I know they are just empty can that makes only noise. gosh.

Most, especially the young ones have been mentally arrested by Tinubu and have been psychologically detained for the last 16yrs. They get high on empty sloganeering instead of demanding for their rights
Re: PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola by Emekamex(m): 9:33am On Jun 27, 2015
The best option is to impeach him; since he cannot account for the monthly allocation allotted to his state.

Re: PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola by ncolumella(m): 9:48am On Jun 27, 2015
ncolumella:
our government and mismanagement.

Would you be interested to invest/ startup a business which has the potentials to become a leading home delivery brand
with a guaranteed return on investment within one year of operation?
if yes, then click on the link below for more information

www.nairaland.com/2392421/lpg-home-delivery-service-business#34953410
Re: PDP Commends Osun Lawmakers Over Move To Impeach Aregbesola by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:23am On Jun 27, 2015
samueld0:
it will, but it won't see the success of it..by the time it comes into light, na shame go face you

(1) (Reply)

Are Ibos the smartest people on Earth? / Inside Secret Report Of Nnpc!!! Nigeria Needs Action / Bomblast In Kano?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.