Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,420 members, 7,954,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:43 AM

Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle (29072 Views)

Nigerian Customs Impounds Another Container With Pump Action Rifles. / UPDATE: Customs Impounds Another 440 Pump Action Riffles In Lagos / EFCC Impounds Ali Modu Sheriff Private Jet At Maiduguri Airport (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by ddippset(m): 9:45am On Jun 28, 2015
crixtex:

Lol.. u call a lawyer Agboro?
anybody could be an agboro, even a doctor.
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by kufson(m): 9:46am On Jun 28, 2015
Jesus, if a status car for a Chief Of Staff is Range Bullet Proof, what will now be the status car of a Deputy Governor. Tony why did you remove the tire of the car. A wise man once said he who has done no wrong fear no accusation. I put it to u that, you are full of falacy.

1 Like

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by gbrown(m): 9:46am On Jun 28, 2015
ZYZZA:
The Rivers State Government, Nyesom Wike has again impounded an armoured Range Rover belonging to the immediate past Chief of Staff, Government House, Port Harcourt, Chief Tony Okocha.

The bullet-proof vehicle was removed from Okocha’s residence at Rumuigbo in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area at about 9am by security operatives attached to Government House.

On June 18, 2015, in a similar fashion, a Lexus SUV was removed from the residence of the former state Commissioner for Information, Mrs. Ibim Semenitari,

Though, the former aide to ex-governor, Rotimi Amaechi, was not around when the operation was carried out, it was gathered that the vehicle was taken away without any resistance.

Government officials had insisted that the armoured Range Rover belonged to Rivers State and not any individual.

Speaking on the development, Okocha said he was in Abuja to observe the Rivers Election Tribunal when he was informed that his vehicle had been taken away on the orders of Governor Nyesom Wike.

Okocha maintained that the vehicle was his ‘status car,’ which the law allowed his to own after his service as a Government House chief of staff.

He explained that though he was not miffed by Wike’s action, he was only surprised at the governor’s ‘seeming introduction of militarism into democracy.

According to him, “I have just been informed of the forceful confiscation of my status car in the usual brigandage and ‘Rambo’ approach, which typifies the new caretaker administration in Rivers State.

“I am not, however, surprised at the uncouth action, knowing Mr. Wike’s nuances like the back of my hand, but I warn that this seeming introduction of militarism into our democratic experience and the attendant ignominies may well become our bane if not checked.

He, however, disagreed with the claim that the Range Rover parked in his residence was without its four tyres when it was taken away.

“Is it possible to remove the tyres of the vehicle that I drive always? It is a white lie to say that the vehicle was parked without tyres.

“If they think they are saying the truth, let them show pictures of the vehicle while it was being removed. They must have used a forklift to remove it,” Okocha said.

But the Special Adviser to the Governor Nyesom Wike on Media and Publicity, Opunabo Inko-Tariah, pointed out that there was no way an armoured Range Rover would be a status car of a chief of staff, Government House.

Stressing that the four tyres of the vehicle were removed at the point it was parked inside Okocha’s residence, Inko-Tariah added that the bulletproof Range Rover was the property of the state government.

“As chief of staff, he (Okocha) has no right to use a bulletproof car without leave from government. Yes, a bulletproof Range Rover was recovered from his (Okocha) residence.

“However, what is staggering is that he removed all the tyres to demobilise the car and obviously to frustrate recovery.

“That act in itself is highly suspicious and obviates the need for any further evidence that it was stolen from Government House. You don’t need to remove the tyres of your car if there are no sinister plots,” Wike’s aide argued

http://www.punchng.com/news/wike-impounds-another-amaechis-aides-vehicle/
honestly, i doubt if this wiked wike guy has any positive developmental plan for rivers people, if wiked wike is not recovering supposedly stolen cars, wiked wike will be busy blaming ameachi for vandalism at govt house or at the abandoned state shopping complex, the ameachi obsession is distracting, the rate at which wiked wike is going, four years will roll by and wiked wike will be engrossed with operation pull down ameachi

1 Like

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by BaddieKay(f): 9:50am On Jun 28, 2015
mrvitalis:

But will u be happy if buhari collects Jonathan farm, estate, hotels and other businesses anyhow?

Thank God u said businesses,all those stuffs u mentioned did GEJ build them as Govt property or personal business?
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by ipreach: 9:51am On Jun 28, 2015
wicked Wike

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 28, 2015
ddippset:
anybody could be an agboro, even a doctor.
Hmmm... I see..
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by BaddieKay(f): 10:01am On Jun 28, 2015
Ninilowo:
Buh why breaking into pplez houses when they are not around nah.

Tony left Ph for Abj immediately after d elections,so 4 how long do u expect them to wait 4 him?
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by bracooloye(m): 10:04am On Jun 28, 2015
please can anyone explain to me what the chief of staff mean by "status car "

1 Like

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by morbeta(m): 10:11am On Jun 28, 2015
Wike is always on the news on vandetta note. Even when he still has some huddles ahead.
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by BlackBaron: 10:18am On Jun 28, 2015
As much as Wike is a thug and militant and it seems a witch hunt, a bulletproof RR is not one that Assistants can just pocket as a parting gift. That's close to Twenty -Thirty million naira vehicle.

If you'll all just be partisan or sentimental for once and read the message contained within.
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Mike008(m): 10:30am On Jun 28, 2015
Wike should put the interest of the people at heart first before resorting to his "Animocracy".
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Zico5(m): 10:34am On Jun 28, 2015
Olsoo:
...and let the witch-hunt continue
Amaechi people don enter am..dem never see anything grin grin

The poster above me knows nothing. I'm pro-amaechi FYI but anything that isn't good,isn't good!...and should be duly corrected;on time sef. angry
But the loots perpetrated in Jonathan government should not be revisited. I know the kind of person u people re. Soon the page of ur Wike's deed as minister will be opened and u will be sorry for him
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by lonelydora: 10:41am On Jun 28, 2015
dj187:
Wike is activating his self destruct button.

He will soon wake up from sleep.
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Nellybii: 10:46am On Jun 28, 2015
Jacksparrow0712:
I'm loving this man more and more #nohomo

My choice of mentor can't be faulted

Long live my mentor #Wike
Long live Man of Peace #GEJ
Long live FRN

Am sure you must be a political thug. Wike your mentor??
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by lonelydora: 10:49am On Jun 28, 2015
juman:
The man doing things more as a thug than a governor.

That's his way right from the time he was a local government chairman.
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 28, 2015
ib4babes:
Really trying and biting one of the hands that fed him when he was hungry
who fed who?
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 28, 2015
Say whatever you want, talk is cheap
Nellybii:

Am sure you must be a political thug. Wike your mentor??
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Caseless: 10:59am On Jun 28, 2015
correctyourself:

Dont say what you dont know its as result of the system/network while trying to upload.
Na wa oo undecided
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Caseless: 11:04am On Jun 28, 2015
BaddieKay:

Thank God u said businesses,all those stuffs u mentioned did GEJ build them as Govt property or personal business?
where did he work to have money to build such? How much did he earn legally in all the positions he's held that you think he should be that rich? Is he not that ordinary lecturer picked from nowhere in 1999?

See this gal o. Why supporting corruption?
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Hotstew(m): 11:06am On Jun 28, 2015
Mike008:
Wike should put the interest of the people at heart first before resorting to his "Animocracy".
ipreach:
wicked Wike
ddippset:
why will wike impound them? You don't know of wike? Do you know he's an agboro? The same wike who was impounding trader's goods and drivers vehicles everywhere as local government chairman? Ignorance is surely a disease.

Were you guys in prison when Sen. David Mark left office as senate president and handed over his official cars and went home in his private vehicle?

What right does a chief of have in taking home a bulletproof car without any paperwork giving him that authority?

I suggest you shun partisanship for common sense. Theft is theft.

1 Like

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Caseless: 11:08am On Jun 28, 2015
shadowgwalker:
who fed who?
k
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by benson81(m): 11:13am On Jun 28, 2015
In these hard times ex government appointees want to go home with cars like fully armoured range rovers to make personal property.na wa! .
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Prodeegee(m): 11:28am On Jun 28, 2015
Kayendy:
Wike stop impounding and strt working... rivers didn't vote u to impound cars.. dey r all liabilities catch d real thieves with rivers money dat's wen we strt praising u
It starts somewhere
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by HopeAtHand: 11:30am On Jun 28, 2015
correctyourself:

Dont say what you dont know its as result of the system/network while trying to upload.

Guyman, them go fear FEAR grin grin
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Fourwinds: 11:32am On Jun 28, 2015
Dis Wike go soon get Orgasm over Ameachi chase
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by olumalcolm(m): 11:35am On Jun 28, 2015
correctyourself:

Those things you mentioned are they from Villa? Come I dont want to exchange words with you anymore because this your post is out of point and least expected of you, maybe its because of your educational level (low level of reasoning), too dull for for my liking.

I'm ok with you bye.
those tins he mentioned were bought wit our moni so dnt act blind Mr man

1 Like

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by hush15: 11:37am On Jun 28, 2015
mrvitalis:

Do u know they are legal means of doing things
Wike clam he read law and his wife is a justice, they should know that.

just out of curiosity, what legal ways is there to retrieve these illegal ownership of government property?

another thought is if chief of staff is entitled to a bulletproof lexus suv, what was Ameachi driving cos it's quite interesting to find your aides driving such cars that you as a governor is entitled.

lastly, let him give evidence publicly that the state dashed it out to him. It's very simple.

He said Wike is bringing militarism, whereas his party is trying to dictate the affairs of national Assembly. I wonder who is practising militarism here

2 Likes

Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Fourwinds: 11:38am On Jun 28, 2015
Olsoo:
...and let the witch-hunt continue
Amaechi people don enter am..dem never see anything grin grin

The poster above me knows nothing. I'm pro-amaechi FYI but anything that isn't good,isn't good!...and should be duly corrected;on time sef. angry
i hope after his tenure, he will not take government vehicle too and also his Aids. What is good for Uganda is also good for Greece
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by BaddieKay(f): 11:38am On Jun 28, 2015
Caseless:
where did he work to have money to build such? How much did he earn legally in all the positions he's held that you think he should be that rich? Is he not that ordinary lecturer picked from nowhere in 1999?

See this gal o. Why supporting corruption?
lol Oga caseless I ain't supporting corruption or any politician,they guys comparisons weren't close..Happy Sunday
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by ddippset(m): 11:44am On Jun 28, 2015
Hotstew:

Were you guys in prison when Sen. David Mark left office as senate president and handed over his official cars and went home in his private vehicle?

What right does a chief of have in taking home a bulletproof car without any paperwork giving him that authority?

I suggest you shun partisanship for common sense. Theft is theft.
no one ever said go home with your official cars, or at least I didn't say that. It's madness for anybody to think or suggest a public officer can just pack everything home after service! However in certain cases, certain governments have certain policies of monetizing Certain property esp cars, and it's very very very lawful and permissible by law. That's why I am only saying wike shouldn't just barge into people's houses without due authorization simply because he's got a vendetta. Seize whatever you want to seize but obtain a warrant first from the court or wherever! That's why we call it a democracy. We are not in a jungle. If buhari starts doing same so many tanoids will cry and they will call it decree 4 or decree 99.
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Caseless: 11:48am On Jun 28, 2015
BaddieKay:
lol Oga caseless I ain't supporting corruption or any politician,they guys comparisons weren't close..Happy Sunday

Lol @oga caseless.

Ok , I didn't see his comparisons, hence my tilted reply to u.

Erm...your reply was cool and it forced to check ur dp to who's there. Hope I did not break privacy .

Nice picture...
Re: Wike Impounds Another Amaechi’s Aide’s Vehicle by Forwetinnah: 11:51am On Jun 28, 2015
Yes Wike. ..recover all the recoverable. Judith and her people took some to her GRA hideout, go collect those ones too tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu Decorates Service Chiefs In Aso Villa / 2020 Prophecy By Apostle Johnson Suleman / Uzodinma Denies Rejecting Edo Election Results, Not Heading To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.