Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese (46752 Views)

Company Forces Chinese Employees To Drink Toilet Water For Not Meeting Target / Chinese Company In Ogun Compensates Worker Crippled By His Boss’ Kung-fu Kicks / Why You Should Learn Chinese In Port Harcourt And Where (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by engrshakespeare: 8:35am On Jun 28, 2015
I opened this thread for those who are learning Chinese and encountering difficulties or feel frustration while trying to learn the language. The language is simpler than you think. It actually has a methodology and I will be glad to help. The Chinese Govt doles out full scholarships yearly of which i am currently a beneficiary. I am doing my masters now at Hebei Shifan Daxue in Hebei province. If you have any issues and need advice or want to learn chinese feel free to ask. Dont waste away waiting for JAMB. I personally resigned from ACCESS bank to start learning afresh and today I dont know where my CV is. Once I speak mandarin, no one asks.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 28, 2015
explain more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by engrshakespeare: 5:24am On Jun 29, 2015
mistytohcute:
explain more

Perhaps if you ask a question, I can know in what direction to explain.
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by Bome01(m): 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
If you want to learn Chinese. Where do u start from? Very interested. It must involve a lot a money and preocessing right?
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by engrshakespeare: 12:30pm On Jun 29, 2015
Bome01:
If you want to learn Chinese. Where do u start from? Very interested. It must involve a lot a money and preocessing right?

On the contrary not so. I started by enrolling in Oko polytechnic in 2012 for 5k. I wasnt even aware they were giving scholarships to students to study the language. there are several apps that can assist your learning but you need someone to point u in the right direction. China is interested in foreigners learning chinese so come aboard. u dont need to be an expert, once u can speak a little, they will embrace u.
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by Bome01(m): 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
engrshakespeare:

On the contrary not so. I started by enrolling in Oko polytechnic in 2012 for 5k. I wasnt even aware they were giving scholarships to students to study the language. there are several apps that can assist your learning but you need someone to point u in the right direction. China is interested in foreigners learning chinese so come aboard. u dont need to be an expert, once u can speak a little, they will embrace u.
that means I have to enrol at oko polytechnic to be qualified for a scholarship or is there another means to take?
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
Am learnining already, Xiexie
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by engrshakespeare: 5:09pm On Jun 29, 2015
Bome01:
that means I have to enrol at oko polytechnic to be qualified for a scholarship or is there another means to take?

There are two confucius institutes in Nigeria. This is non Governmental body authorized by d Govt to spread chinese learning worldwide. One is in UNIZIK, d other is in UNILAG. D one ones in Oko and recently Enugu are affiliated to UNIZIK. u can get a scholarship tru either. though i guess difficulty levels might differ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by engrshakespeare: 5:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
shollynoob:
Am learnining already, Xiexie
真的吗?你在学汉语吗?你怎么不写汉字呢。你在哪儿学汉语?
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
engrshakespeare:

真的吗?你在学汉语吗?你怎么不写汉字呢。你在哪儿学汉语?

hehe na pinyin i dey learning, don't know lettering o shocked shocked shocked
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by engrshakespeare: 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2015
[quote author=shollynoob post=35291394]

hehe na pinyin i dey learning, don't know lettering o shocked shocked shocked[/quote

ok, sorry. I thought you have gone further. Its called hanzi(汉字)not lettering. So keep it up and dont relent. If you have any issues, let me know.
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by Bome01(m): 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
engrshakespeare:

There are two confucius institutes in Nigeria. This is non Governmental body authorized by d Govt to spread chinese learning worldwide. One is in UNIZIK, d other is in UNILAG. D one ones in Oko and recently Enugu are affiliated to UNIZIK. u can get a scholarship tru either. though i guess difficulty levels might differ.
Ok, How do I enrol, like a normal student or I enrol thru the institute itself?
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 29, 2015
[quote author=engrshakespeare post=35291816][/quote]

I just have to develop interest on this language again, the training was done free of charge in my school then o, it was sponsor by on Confuxion on thing like that.

Yes Unizik, but use to be very busy, couple with academics, i gat to slow down, but have got Rosatta Stone now, i also have the "Great Wall Chinese 1 and 2"
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by engrshakespeare: 1:54am On Jun 30, 2015
Bome01:
Ok, How do I enrol, like a normal student or I enrol thru the institute itself?
U can enrol tru d institute. Unizik also offers degree in chinese language.
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by engrshakespeare: 1:56am On Jun 30, 2015
shollynoob:

I just have to develop interest on this language again, the training was done free of charge in my school then o, it was sponsor by on Confuxion on thing like that.

Yes Unizik, but use to be very busy, couple with academics, i gat to slow down, but have got Rosatta Stone now, i also have the "Great Wall Chinese 1 and 2"
It was free, I guess thats y u lost interest. Those books are good especially if u find d time to read them.
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by lawnreigh(m): 12:48am On Jul 01, 2015
Chairman thanks so much I'm really interested in learning the language but I don't know how to go about it, I'm presently in Lagos and I'll like you to hunt me on how to go about it here without too much financial burden because I'm unemployed Nigerian graduate. I'm interested in it due to the fact dat it might open doors of opportunity for me to kickstart a career and leave a better life. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by mop4: 12:57am On Jul 01, 2015
wud luv to bt d centres r far frm my location...
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by engrshakespeare: 1:21am On Jul 01, 2015
mop4:
wud luv to bt d centres r far frm my location...

where exactly is your location?
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by mop4: 2:07am On Jul 01, 2015
engrshakespeare:

where exactly is your location?
delta state. Bt will be going for service my oct.
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by engrshakespeare: 4:22am On Jul 01, 2015
lawnreigh:
Chairman thanks so much I'm really interested in learning the language but I don't know how to go about it, I'm presently in Lagos and I'll like you to hunt me on how to go about it here without too much financial burden because I'm unemployed Nigerian graduate. I'm interested in it due to the fact dat it might open doors of opportunity for me to kickstart a career and leave a better life. Thanks

saying it might open doors for u is an understatement, it will open doors for u. It has opened for me. I am doing my masters now in Chinese language, even if i dont get paid employment, i cn be a free lance translator. i suggest u go to confucius institute unilag, they offer scholarships nd will be cheaper than private teaching schools.
I know wat it is to be unemployed, i was for two years when I resigned my job in the heat of Sanusi banking tsunami.
if u really want to change ur circumstance, this is one way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by engrshakespeare: 4:26am On Jul 01, 2015
mop4:

delta state. Bt will be going for service my oct.

You are right, its far. but d greatest propeller in language learning is self motivation and interest. if u really want to learn, you can get basic material to start wit. I can guide u to my utmost ability. I hear theres a centre in Onitsha, am not too sure abt dat.
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by lawnreigh(m): 12:12pm On Jul 01, 2015
engrshakespeare:

saying it might open doors for u is an understatement, it will open doors for u. It has opened for me. I am doing my masters now in Chinese language, even if i dont get paid employment, i cn be a free lance translator. i suggest u go to confucius institute unilag, they offer scholarships nd will be cheaper than private teaching schools.
I know wat it is to be unemployed, i was for two years when I resigned my job in the heat of Sanusi banking tsunami.
if u really want to change ur circumstance, this is one way.
Thanks so much brother I'll try them out and let see how it's going to be. I really appreciate this insight you gave to me. Thanks once again
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by engrshakespeare: 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
lawnreigh:
Thanks so much brother I'll try them out and let see how it's going to be. I really appreciate this insight you gave to me. Thanks once again

You are welcome bro. Just doing my bit.
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by olavincent007: 3:08pm On Jul 01, 2015
我现在在中国,在西安,它是陕西的省会城市。你在河北师范大学吧?be ni.i am in China currently,the name of the city is xi`an which is thw capital of Shaanxi province,and u are studying in hubei normal university?abi?
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by engrshakespeare: 6:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
[quote author=olavincent007 post=35364520]我现在在中国,在西安,它是陕西的省会城市。你在河北师范大学吧?be ni.i am in China currently,the name of the city is xi`an which is thw capital of Shaanxi province,and u are studying in hubei normal university?abi?[/quote
差不多
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by lawnreigh(m): 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
engrshakespeare:

You are welcome bro. Just doing my bit.
I went there to make my findings and I was told it cost 21K which I'm statisfied with but my major concern is the issue of been in 6 stages nd I was told that before someone can be proficient in speaking you av to complete level 3 at least, I will like to ask u if I can get another alternative that won't be time consuming cod a level is 5months making it 30mpnths in total nd I won't like dat, moreover send me ur BBM pin so dat we can chat in private. Thanks brother
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by engrshakespeare: 10:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
lawnreigh:
I went there to make my findings and I was told it cost 21K which I'm statisfied with but my major concern is the issue of been in 6 stages nd I was told that before someone can be proficient in speaking you av to complete level 3 at least, I will like to ask u if I can get another alternative that won't be time consuming cod a level is 5months making it 30mpnths in total nd I won't like dat, moreover send me ur BBM pin so dat we can chat in private. Thanks brother

I am an android user. I dont use BB cos it doesnt type chinese characters. send me your number to 3112853500@qq.com so i can add u then we talk on watsapp. I guess thats fair. Regards
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by SpaceWorld2013(m): 1:11am On Jul 06, 2015
I sent you an email. Thanks
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by Curiouscat: 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
Please bro, i will like to connect you on the subject matter.
engrshakespeare:

I am an android user. I dont use BB cos it doesnt type chinese characters. send me your number to 3112853500@qq.com so i can add u then we talk on watsapp. I guess thats fair. Regards
Re: For Those Who Want To Learn Chinese by Oladipupo22: 10:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
What's the country like and when is the admission always open, wanna know if I can meet up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shenuga, Lastma Officer Dies While Trying To Help Motorist In Distress (picture) / Godwin Maduka Wins 2019 'Man Of The Year' Award / The Top 10 Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.