Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura (60010 Views)

The Chairs & Floor At Buhari's Family House In Daura (pics) / PHOTO: Former Senate President David Mark's HELIPAD In Benue / FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by SweetSoup(m): 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
lyntiffany:
Every weekend? did we vote for him to visit Daura every weekend?

One question for you, what's the economic importance of buhari's travelling to daura in Nigeria?
Whether he makes the trip to daura every week end, month end or year end, the point is the helipad would be cost effective in the long run.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by caprini1: 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
Franzeez:

2 million naira cannot even build a fence talkless of a helipad. I see you love PMB so much that you can't think.
I didn't want to comment on this earlier,but am currently building a small duplex,and the thing is removing my boxers from my buttt,and someone says an helipad will cost 2m?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by billyG(m): 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
Oh! ma Gawd!Helipad is not befitten 4 a prsdnt let him build an Airport in Daura.who tol' d cluelss nut 2 built an Airpot in o2oke?
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
NetBizguy:
hj
N76b botched CCTV

The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, General Muhammadu Buhari, has assured that his government will cut out wastages and run a lean as well as efficient administration.

The envisaged administration, the presidential candidate said, would enable funds to be made available for “capital and development projects to assure prosperity for all Nigerians.”

A statement by the Director of Media and Publicity of the All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Organisation (APCPCO), Mallam Garba Shehu, said an APC presidency would deepen a viable free market economy in the country, stressing that businesses would enjoy marked differences in the environment for undertaking their activities.

The statement said citizens in business, foreign investors and young entrepreneurs under the APC presidency will enjoy equal incentives and friendly business and investment climate.

“It is envisaged that this will help them to participate and engage in productive economic and entrepreneurial activities geared towards the resuscitation and revamping of the nation’s economy and its capacity to generate millions of direct and indirect job opportunities for our teeming citizens,” the statement said.

According to Shehu, APC’s national economic policy will support and insist on diligent implementation of the yearly budgets to guarantee accountability and transparency in public resources management.

“Gen. Buhari recognises and appreciates that the world has changed with market-based economy being the norm in an increasingly competitive global village. He knows for a fact that no nation can exist in solitude and ignore the global trend; not even Russia and China, let alone Nigeria.

“Make no mistake about it, the Buhari/Osinbajo government will run a market based economy; but with clear and unambiguous regulatory framework and effective enforcement mechanism with zero-tolerance for corruption,” the statement indicated.

He added that in line with the party’s manifesto, an APC government will implement custom and import duties that support the prosperity of both indigenous and foreign investors and industrial development in the interest of job creation and the enhancement of citizens’ purchasing power.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rawani:

I don't even live in the country so shove your wishful thinking where the sun don't shine. I am only a patriotic Nigerian that is defending reason amidst propaganda from butthurt supporters of the past failed administration. Keep numbering your posts like you're making sense, as I stated earlier, you've lost the plot. Cheers.

gringringringringringrin
1)that you're living in the moon isn't an excuse for you to be a dullard who can't distinguish between desert, semi-arid region, etc...

2)That you live abroad isn't an excuse why you would encourage a dullard to build a helipad in his village because he's a president...after all the propaganda of him being allergic to luxury...would subsequent leaders all build helipads in their villages

3)That you stay in Arctic region won't deny you the common sense of distinguishing who's a failure between a president who had his own ideas(Jonathan) and one who has NONE(Buhari)...Where is buhari's development blueprint?... what policies and agenda does he have after more than 100days of being declared a president...

4)That you hang in Jupiter won't stop you from approaching Google with common sense to lift stuffs you can't defend...gringringringrin

5)Better mind your business there before oyibo see the nonsense you're posting here and then compensate you with deportation gringringringringrin...dullard Buhari can't defend you in such after all the defense won't be in HausaBBC gringringringrin...merry Sunday to you thou supporter of dogoyaro grin...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Tex42(m): 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
lucrownt:
Reading the post I think it is a good idea because it will reduce cost. BTW, Mr President we are impatient to witness the ever clamored CHANGE. It is becoming out of hand sir.. Do something tangible sir.... Why can't you read the post before asking JAMB question sir? This is the result of being hasty all in the name of FTC.
since you've read the post in-out, why not tell him how much it costs to build an helipad. I guess you don't know how much it costs or you don't trust the figure quoted by that post above.

Only saw a baseless post from a propagandist/bubu loyalist claiming it cost N2m to build an helipad... Lol! He must be confusing an helipad for some of those kitchens in his country side.

Talking about cost... Nigerians did not elect bubu to administer power from Daura, I mean that's why Aso villa is there for the commander in chief. In as much as traveling to Daura should not be at his expense, he should not make it a priority by building an helipad there. How many times does he intend to travel to Daura in a year that'll prompt him to build an helipad there.

Mr. President should understand that the polity is his primary assignment and not some maloos (cows) in Daura.

PS:building an helipad in Naija cost way more than N2m. Thank you.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
SweetSoup:
Whether he makes the trip to daura every week end, month end or year end, the point is the helipad would be cost effective in the long run.

Can we have a preview of the cost implication of having and not having helipad in daura both in the short run and long run plz...

And would subsequent presidents ALL build helipads in their villages...thanks
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by fineguy11(m): 2:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-125609/Beckhams-want-helipad.html
if david beckhams can construct an helipad in his house@the cost of €10,000,then GMB building an helipad in daura,shldnt make the news....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Bralama: 2:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
neocortex:

An average helipad costs about 100 thousand dollars (20 million naira) , while annual maintenance cost is about 300 million naira.
Now tell me how "frugal" and "modest" Buhari is ?

This website says it starts from $15k

If you can afford a helicopter, you can
probably afford a helipad. The cost of
building a lighted concrete pad large
enough for a four-seat, piston-powered
Robinson R44 starts at about $15,000,
according to Tom Schuman, vice president
of sales and marketing at FEC Heliports in
Cincinnati. However, he added, an
aluminum rooftop pad designed for a
turbine-powered executive helicopter and
equipped with snowmelt and fire-
suppression capability could run $500,000.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by DaBullIT(m): 2:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
If you don't understand, you don't need to comment,

For your mind now, no other civilian, company or politician go fit benefit for the for that helipad when dem build am finish?

As he be say na only person wey build road dey use am? Try get sense small na Haba!!!

I wasn't thinking in terms of tourism, if Buhari wants to bypass one airport in order to land in his state faster, then other people individual, private can and will also benefit from that project

Have you recieved small sense? Thank me later ok? smiley
IbokUtoroh:

in ur own assertion, d helipad will be kinda tourist attraction. people will come from far n wide to see it n those who hv chopper will land thr n pay for landing fee even if they dont hv anythng to do in daura.
becos say dogoyaro don build helipad for daura people go come to see am abi?
_u de call people yeye when u r morre yeye than them.
infact ur name na oYEYEMI!
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Bralama: 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2015
caprini1:
I didn't want to comment on this earlier,but am currently building a small duplex,and the thing is removing my boxers from my buttt,and someone says an helipad will cost 2m?

Beckham built his at £10,000 and a site has this to say about it

enough for a four-seat, piston-powered
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by anwo247: 2:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
jejemanito:
It's just an helipad... But then

Do I blame nigerians? NO!

Why?

Because APC taught nigerians on how to feed on destructive criticism and propaganda!!

And PMB's actions and inactions have so far ensured unlimited supply of such 'food'

That's it. APC felt that even ordinary coke taken by GEJ is corruption. So let them face it.

Agian, who becomes the owner of the helipad when he leaves office? Buhari is yet to stop this his habit of stealing public fund by trick.

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by dabossman(m): 2:52pm On Jun 28, 2015
caprini1:

Bros, this circle with an 'H' is a helipad o. It's not even an igloo, talk less of bungalow and you're mentioning duplex. Chai, you do well o.

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by DaBullIT(m): 2:53pm On Jun 28, 2015
caprini1:
There's difference between helipad and heluport

http://www.bjtonline.com/business-jet-news/add-heliport-your-home

Here's a quote from a post over 2 years old
VIPERVENOM:
An average helipad costs between £8000+£15000 all those ppl mentioning N100m and above are being mischievous by not saying that's the cost of constructing a "heliport"
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by chrisblack: 3:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
jejemanito:
It's just an helipad... But then

Do I blame nigerians? NO!

Why?

Because APC taught nigerians on how to feed on destructive criticism and propaganda!!

And PMB's actions and inactions have so far ensured unlimited supply of such 'food'
u keep saying propaganda.what is propaganda?is when facts are distorted.now tell jonas group stealing nigerias money is it a fact or propaganda.claiming nigeria now produces 80% of its rice consumption is it fact or propaganda.the issue is, an helipad is cheap.just 1m-2m atmost.mind u this people dont have a vacation spot like obama's ccamp david.nigeria president use their private home. Have u ever lived in the north? The dust will end cuasing more isseus to the helicopter . cost of maintenace will be high.security issues are also involved. An IED can be planted on a bare ground without the naked eyes knowning .but a properly designated point can be guarded and monitor.even some private buildings and comercial buildings have helipad in lagos.there are comercial/private helipad.the cost of fueling a jet to katsina is more expensive than an helicopter.mind you the remaining fuel in the plane wil stil be discarded after each trip.lets be resonable
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Johnsinia(m): 3:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
toshmann:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahhhahahahahahahahshs

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahha

Let me remind y'all, this man was elected inspite of unbelievable settings

Didnt show his school certificate; people still wanted him.

Didn't agree to debate with GEJ; people still wanted him.

Didn't make any policy statement; people still voted him.

Didn't speak for more than 4 mins in any campaign stop/speech; people still wanted him.

Credited with toxic statements about sharia and boko haram; people still wanted him.

A governor even said that if buhari presents his NEPA bill as his school certificate people will still vote for him. grin

After the election he has changed all his promises and his people still stand gidigba behind him.

Look make i tell una, helipad is nothing, if this guy decides to abolish INEC, suspend the constitution and close down the NASS he will have millions of supporters.

Mr Kworuption is here grin
If we criticize him they call us tribalists and bigots. Abuse our ethnic group and region. Lol.

Na look i de look naija
My brother what do u expect from slaves? Slaves will always be slaves. Use and dumped like bag of sardines. The most annoying part is being a slaves to cows no be say na even America o or even China but illitrates Malus. Somuch for their so called "litracy"; I guess their educatn is on how to serve their slave masters faithfully.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by caprini1: 3:03pm On Jun 28, 2015
DaBullIT:
There's difference between helipad and heluport

http://www.bjtonline.com/business-jet-news/add-heliport-your-home
Here's a quote from a post over 2 years old
ok...Thanks bro...I appreciate this info!
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by dabossman(m): 3:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
preselect:

[size=13pt] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

forget my laughter, i am against your APC govt angry , . . . . . . but you know. . . in the spirit of sunday. . . . . for the sake of christ . . . make i laugh small today, after all, you are not my enemy . . . . so . . .hahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin

no worry, one day, God go give u money to buy anything you want. . . even helicopter. when that day comes, remember that it was my mouth God used to prophesy it, even though we belong to different socio-political schools of thought cool

lololol grin grin grin[/size]

#DabossmanWillMakeItSomeday
#HelicopterWillReachDabossman

Sorry bro, maybe you carry a PDP badge. It's all good. Me? I owe the APC nothing. However, I'm a Nigerian who has enough sense to know that an helipad is not as much a big deal as some are making it to be. Especially, if it is installed on a flat land surface. Yes, maybe it is not expedient at this time, but some folks make it sound like Buhari is about to build the Empire state building in Daura and plant a helipad on it.

As for your hashtags, well, whatever will be will be. Won't say aye or nay.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by Johnsinia(m): 3:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
opribo:
Is the helipad inside his compound yard, you guys should understand that he is old and cannot do the road traffic from katsina to dura. There should also be in future a kind of movable chair that will drive him straight into his bedroom. People who should be in old peoples home are now using the machinery of state to cater for their old age. Too bad Nigerians saw it coming and asked for it so they should live with it.

Afterall the baba has said we shouldn't expect too much because of his age factor. So why are haters criticizing.
Wow! So he is the oldest man in niaja? Dnt knw o! Do u knw hw many old men, older than buhari, am sure even among ur families that ply the highways everybody to do one biz or the other successfully?
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by baralatie(m): 3:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

madridguy :

gringringringrin

Plz bro...quit embarrassing yourself...helicopter can land in any open field or space...hence Jonathan was able to land in an open space as shown in your link...

The helipad he used hitherto was in Bayelsa government house not in any private village or house like buhari's in daura...

Jonathan never built any helipad in otuoke...so get your facts right...

Buhari is actually cutting down cost cheesy

Hope you saw he has incurred over 56billion as subsidy in 30days...and since he said he doesn't understand any subsidy thing and APC said there's no subsidy...It all adds up or means that buhari has so far stolen over 56billion from the treasury through his cronies...QED
can any APC personnel explain this statement to me in simple English.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by HirstMOG(m): 3:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
blackpanda:

Dumbass. Its not a personal helipad. Its for federal govt. The helipad belongs to nigeria

The helipad belongs to Nigeria in PMB's backyard cos every Nigerian president will be visiting daura as the next presidential villa right You are more dumb than the person you quoted.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by bigerboy200: 3:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
edoyad:

Federal Govt built the helipad in David Mark's house ? shocked
i meant even politicans can afford to have one..There is even an helipad in otuoke,an air strip in OBJ's farm, The Nigerian army even built one in isikwato,Abia state for easy acess by Ihejirika(former chief of army staff)..This is just an helicopter landing pad(HELIPAD) for goodness sake,and if it will save costs as stated then y not??..afterall he has d right to visit his home town.. stop acting like it's an international airport that he is building in daura...smh for ignorance sha..
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by opribo(m): 3:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
Johnsinia:

Wow! So he is the oldest man in niaja? Dnt knw o! Do u knw hw many old men, older than buhari, am sure even among ur families that ply the highways everybody to do one biz or the other successfully?

So in your family when people are old they are made to work while the young ones sit at home and watch movies abi. All I am saying you guys should not reverse nature the old people retire while the young ones work but when the old refuse to retire how will the work get done.
See your thinking, ordinary beer money has made you unable to reason rationally like young man who has a future for himself . SMH For you.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by chrisblack: 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
Johnsinia:

My brother what do u expect from slaves? Slaves will always be slaves. Use and dumped like bag of sardines. The most annoying part is being a slaves to cows no be say na even America o or even China but illitrates Malus. Somuch for their so called "litracy"; I guess their educatn is on how to serve their slave masters faithfully.
what do u expect from a group that prides it self at being smart but in the real sense is actualy stupid. Ur case is just like a son who ask d dad for his share of property. whos was brougth back after spending is goodwil.but over time was given some freedom only for him to believe he now has more wisdom than the sons in the politics of home management and now decides to out smart the sons who erstwhile were considering bringing him back to the main fold.they sat back and allowed him to rake when all stem was exhhausted.they lectured him and reminded him his place.mind u the other brother he claimed he was championing his cause has already seen is mistake and sorted it out with is other brothers.while smart but st-pid was stil claiming he was figthing the cause of the junior.at the end it was revealed that all the while it was its own cause he was atually pursueing.what should he do. Remember the prodigal son?.guy i can make an holywood blockbuster out of this story.and whenver idecided to shoot the movie.i will give u a call for the audtion of the role of the smartbut st-pidguy.its possible you might be selected or maybe more better guys with bigoted minds like urs will out smart u.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by AbuMaryam1(m): 3:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
caprini1:
You guys are not physics students, 2m what? Naira or dollar?
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by neocortex: 3:39pm On Jun 28, 2015
Bralama:

This website says it starts from $15k

enough for a four-seat
, piston-powered

With the large entourage of the Nigerian president , they will need at least an helipad that
Can accommodate a 20 seated jet.
Moreover, aviation industry businesses are fond of underestimating costs in order to sucker in
unsuspecting customers.
They then unleash the dragon.
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by dunsman(f): 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:
Best response from a nairalander over the helipad saga.

Re: FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura by Rawani: 7:48am
Building a helipad which will allow the President fly to Daura directly from the villa will be a cheaper option than using the Eagle One Presidential jet to first fly to Katsina and then moving the entire convoy by road to Daura, a trip that is repeated for his return as well.

Let's keep in mind that the soil in Otueke is loamy, in contrast to the sandy Daura soil which would raise dust when landing that could disastrously block the pilots visibility. The construction cost of a helipad is about N2 million.

This is a 'clueful' decision which is highly efficient, especially as it significantly reduces the cost of governance.
how I wish this wass how u defended ur waec result

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by OgeniBravo: 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:

Building a helipad which will allow the President fly to Daura directly from the villa will be a cheaper option than using the Eagle One Presidential jet to first fly to Katsina and then moving the entire convoy by road to Daura, a trip that is repeated for his return as well.

Let's keep in mind that the soil in Otueke is loamy, in contrast to the sandy Daura soil which would raise dust when landing that could disastrously block the pilots visibility. The construction cost of a helipad is about N2 million.

This is a 'clueful' decision which is highly efficient, especially as it significantly reduces the cost of governance.

No matter how sensible you sound, haters will not stop to hate #Gbabe!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by sweetgala(m): 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
madridguy:

If not for absurd Nigerian inflation , that cost can be set at less than 1 million Naira, an helipad is hard surface with a big visible H and some landing lights. It is not some rocket science

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by madridguy(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
No mind them jare.

OgeniBravo:

No matter how sensible you sound, haters will not stop to hate #Gbabe!
Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by madridguy(m): 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
Thanks for your contribution.

sweetgala:

If not for absurd Nigerian inflation , that cost can be set at less than 1 million Naira, an helipad is hard surface with a big visible H and some landing lights. It is not some rocket science

1 Like

Re: Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura by SonOfTheMostHigh(m): 4:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
Baba is becoming old and he's becoming confused! Boko Haram is bombing, everyone is asking of the ministerial list. The four cardinal points now meets on his head.

Oga ooooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Removal Of CRK: Reno Omokri And FFK React To New School Curriculum / Fani-Kayode: Yorubas Won The Civil War For Nigeria / Saraki Rocks Wizkid’s 'Made In Lagos’ Album (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.