Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors (48831 Views)

Jonathan And Ex-PDP Governors At Halima Babangida's Wedding / PDP Governors At Peace Meeting With Sheriff (photo) / Nigerian Governors At Presidential Inauguration In Niger Republic (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by VIPERVENOM(m): 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
y
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by ojosegun2011(m): 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
E get as e be.
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by Abiolaopec(m): 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
OK FRONT PAGE
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by RedCard1(m): 4:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
Battle of the slayers and the slayed. Wike is a chameleon
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by Teleads(m): 4:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
Chop I chop gofermint. Stingy ex governors chop alone grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by Orter(m): 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
They should be careful not to throw my tomatoes to the floor, my only means of livelihood
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by Pope22(m): 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
Hausa states and problems all the time, there is peace in igbo land, we have forgiving spirit.

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by Csami(m): 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
datacreed316:
Wonderful!! This is witch hunting

Seun scam alert! Different user name but same number. Mod take note.
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by beyoncausme: 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
may God save us all...
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by lawal28c: 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
Fools dey decieve deir self say biafra naim b deir country I laff at dem.....wetin ojukwu no accomplish which small rat go accomplish am,mumu pipu wey dey where dem dey,make una no go find work do,continue sleeping nd dreaming abt biafra as a country..........tozos,edo boy wey dey vex 4 any idiot wey say he b south southerner wey still dey support diz igbo fools
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by oluwafemi113(m): 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2015
Normal thing undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by lawal28c: 5:03pm On Jun 28, 2015
Pope22:
Hausa states and problems all the time, there is peace in igbo land, we have forgiving spirit.
if 2 say delta state was nt mentioned I 4 no talk....illitrate like u
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by lawal28c: 5:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
Ko kun ki,ko kun so.........nigeria go better....idiots
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by funkybully(f): 5:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
[s]
lawal28c:
Fools dey decieve deir self say biafra naim b deir country I laff at dem.....wetin ojukwu no accomplish which small rat go accomplish am,mumu pipu wey dey where dem dey,make una no go find work do,continue sleeping nd dreaming abt biafra as a country..........tozos,edo boy wey dey vex 4 any idiot wey say he b south southerner wey still dey support diz igbo fools
[/s]

Who b this one bikonu?
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by anyaikenga: 5:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
You forgot to mention that Rochas is at war with himself, Handing over to himself and complaining about empty treasury. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b] shocked sad

3 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by harryz1000: 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
Amazon is a nice place to purchase products to get linked to it click the link below <iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ac&ref=tf_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=harryblog03-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B0009X29WK&asins=B0009X29WK&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true&linkId=5LVEJXVPFDOFKN5G">
</iframe>
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by M4gunners: 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
637.22b chai Uduaghan u wicked. I don't care about party Okowa should probe Uduaghan. Meanwhile, the northerners are too greed.out of 10 they occupied 7 .Tell me how nigeria can move forward in this way.
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by Masculity(m): 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
sheddybest:
7 out of the 10 are from the North.
Fear North, sorry Not...

...and one state (Delta) in South has a total debt that exceed the whole Northern state.

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by condralbede(m): 5:19pm On Jun 28, 2015
Xup with Elechi of Ebonyi and David
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by Pope22(m): 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
lawal28c:
if 2 say delta state was nt mentioned I 4 no talk....illitrate like u
A literate that combines pigoen language and english language, I hail you.
I said hausa states and problems all the time because hausa states are more here and I never said there is no igbo state there. This is hw clown like you move from post to post in search of insults for yourself.
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by labamo07(m): 5:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
But why was there so much financial recklessness and mismanagement of public funds in the last dispensation. They all seem to be well shielded with impunity. May Baba God save us o........
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by demobaba1(m): 5:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
And then, nothing can get better in Nigeria as these govs too are in power to loot their own share of d nation`s treasury. Awon ole gbogbo !!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by goshen26: 5:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
Movie Title: clash of the titans
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by AutoCarTracker(m): 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
its hard to see both not been at war after taking office
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by sarris(m): 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
EKITI001:
Nigeria's newly elected governors are expected to commence work and face the business of governance in their respective states. However, the process is being tampered by a raging war with their predecessors, especially over financial stringency.

1. Niger: Gov Abubakar Bello Clashes With ex-gov Babangida Aliyu
Gov. Bello is set to clash with ex gov Babangida Aliyu over a N2.9bn loan the later allegedly obtained "fraudulently" on the eve of his departure. He has demanded his predecessor to return the funds.

2. Rivers state: Gov Nyesom Wike Hunts down Rotimi Amaechi
Gov. Wike is going after Amaechi with everything he's got. He has inaugurated a committee to probe the ex-governor for corruption. There has been a war of words between the duo which their aides have recently joined in. He's also retrieving government properties still in possession of officials of the former administration.

3. Kaduna state: Gov Nasir El-Rufai Unhappy With Mukhtar Ramalan Yero

Gov. El-Rufai isn't proud of his predecessor's policies and as soon as he assumed office he started reverting them.

This is based on the suspicion that funds (billions of naira) supposedly released to cater for citizen's welfare ended up in personal accounts.

4. Kebbi state: Gov Atiku Bagudu against former governor Saidu Dakingari
Dakingari of the PDP fell out with many PDP chiefs in the state prior to the party's primaries. He also publicly declared he would never hand over to Bagudu (who at the time was a PDP member).

He however lost the party's primaries and 24 hours later, Bagudu defected to the APC where he emerged the gov candidate. He later won the governorship election and since then the two can't be left in the same room.
Dakingari is mostly blamed for the impase, with many thinking of his actions as imature.

5. Plateau state: Gov. Simon Lalong Angry With Jonah Jang

The heat between the two is mainly due to the alleged N104bn debt the former left for his successor.

6. Bauchi state: Gov Abdullahi Abubakar Condemns Isa Yuguda over Maladministration

In Bauchi, there are various allegations ranging from embezzlement of public funds, poor performance and last minute allocations of lands, vehicles and many others being perpetrated by Yuguda's administration.

Reports say the bitterness between both parties is evident such that they exchange blows on social media.

7. Katsina state: Gov Aminu Masari, Ibrahim Shema Biker Over state finances

Gov. Masari is determined to probe Shema for financial recklessness. There is reportedly a shortfall of N13bn in his books.
He's also cropped billions of naira in debt and owns hundreds of state accounts. However, Shema believes Gov. Masari just wants to rubbish his achievements in the past 8 years.

8. Taraba state: Gov. Darius Dickson Ishaku Silent Over N27bn Debts
Past administrations of the state reportedly looted the state's treasury. The N27bn debts were accumulated under the reigns of former acting governor Garba Umar and Sani Abubakar Danlandi who was reinstated by a Supreme Court ruling.

Ishaku hasn't made a clear move against his predecessors but he just might be bidding his time.

9. Delta State Mortgaged for N637.2bn debt
Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa has vowed to extricate the state from what he called its stringent mortgage to financial institutions over a cumulative debt of N637.22 billion.

Although he was silent on any probe of his predecessor, analysts say the relationship between the two may not be smooth in the near future

10. Ekiti State :Fayemi, Fayose disagree over Ekiti debt profile
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State and his predecessor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi lock horns over the state’s debt profile.Fayose had claimed that Fayemi left a debt of N84 billion for the state at his inauguration. He also flayed the former governor for building the new Governor’s Lodge, Ayoba House, for a whooping N3.3 billion.

Cc lalasticlala

SOURCE : http://nairanaijanews..com/2015/06/10-nigerian-governors-at-war-with-their.html
If u look at d list u will find out that those govs having issues with their predecessors re d govs that comes from a different party frm that of their predecessors.

My take then is my fellow Nigerians,Since obviously our votes now counts,in order to avoid people convering their predecessor's looting and misappropriation.Lets try and vote in a different party frm dat of d outgoing governor so d new goverment will always expose d deeds of d outgoing govt. With this any govt will be more careful.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 28, 2015
Why is Willie Obiano and Peter Obi's name not here?
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by dgalon(m): 5:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
the list is incomplete..... witout present jigawa state governor bad badaru talamis.hunting sule lamido
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by infokingboss(m): 5:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
Discredit your predecessor to accredit yourself. Naija politics

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by zubizareta(m): 6:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
datacreed316:

check your pm
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
Since on Friday power has been on till now.

I am afraid o, i hope my bill will not increase to 10k
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by kent79: 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
datacreed316:

SCAMMER!!!
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by femiranking28(m): 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
datacreed316:
your data is it for real

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Won’t Accept Poll Results By Buhari's ‘Daughter’ – PDP / Col. K.E Elemele: Colonel Killed by Boko Haram, A Worthy Son Of The Niger Delta / Jega’s Brother Justice A.A. Jega Who Died In Hajj Stampede (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.