Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,555 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors (48834 Views)

Jonathan And Ex-PDP Governors At Halima Babangida's Wedding / PDP Governors At Peace Meeting With Sheriff (photo) / Nigerian Governors At Presidential Inauguration In Niger Republic (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by nigerianvenom(m): 6:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
what about kano state?u no wan add that wan cos e no favour una
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by muhammed10: 6:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
[quote author=Csami post=35251367]
Seun scam alert! Different user name but same number. Mod take note.[/quotePLS MY DEAR NAIRALANDERS ...PLS BEWARE OF A BANDIT IN THIS NAIRALAND BY NAME DATA CREED BEWARE ...HE IS A FRAUD AND A CRIMINAL LURING PEOPLE BY PRETENDING TO BE SELLING DATA ...EXAMPLE 5G FOR 1500 AND SO FORTH PLS BEWARE! LETS TRY TO TRACK THIS GUY AND REPORT HIM TO SECURITY ANGENCIES ...PLS HELP..THIS HIS FRAUD NUMBER 07031350573...
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by aitazaz(m): 6:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
Nigeria's newly elected governors are expected to commence work and face the business of governance in their respective states. However, the process is being tampered by a raging war with their predecessors, especially over financial stringency.

1. Niger:[/i] Gov Abubakar Bello Clashes With ex-gov Babangida AliyuGov. Bello is set to clash with ex gov Babangida Aliyu over a N2.9bn loan the later allegedly obtained "fraudulently" on the eve of his departure. He has demanded his predecessor to return the funds

.2. Rivers state:[i]
Gov Nyesom Wike Hunts down Rotimi AmaechiGov. Wike is going after Amaechi with everything he's got. He has inaugurated a committee to probe the ex-governor for corruption. There has been a war of words between the duo which their aides have recently joined in. He's also retrieving government properties still in possession of officials of the former administration.

3. Kaduna state:[/i] Gov Nasir El-Rufai Unhappy With Mukhtar Ramalan YeroGov. El-Rufai isn't proud of his predecessor's policies and as soon as he assumed office he started reverting them.This is based on the suspicion that funds (billions of naira) supposedly released to cater for citizen's welfare ended up in personal accounts.

4. Kebbi state:[i]
Gov Atiku Bagudu against former governor Saidu DakingariDakingari of the PDP fell out with many PDP chiefs in the state prior to the party's primaries. He also publicly declared he would never hand over to Bagudu (who at the time was a PDP member). He however lost the party's primaries and 24 hours later, Bagudu defected to the APC where he emerged the gov candidate. He later won the governorship election and since then the two can't be left in the same room. Dakingari is mostly blamed for the impase, with many thinking of his actions as imature.

5. Plateau state:[/i] Gov. Simon Lalong Angry With Jonah JangThe heat between the two is mainly due to the alleged N104bn debt the former left for his successor.

6. Bauchi state:[i]
Gov Abdullahi Abubakar Condemns Isa Yuguda over MaladministrationIn Bauchi, there are various allegations ranging from embezzlement of public funds, poor performance and last minute allocations of lands, vehicles and many others being perpetrated by Yuguda's administration.Reports say the bitterness between both parties is evident such that they exchange blows on social media.

7. Katsina state:[/i] Gov Aminu Masari, Ibrahim Shema Biker Over state financesGov. Masari is determined to probe Shema for financial recklessness. There is reportedly a shortfall of N13bn in his books. He's also cropped billions of naira in debt and owns hundreds of state accounts. However, Shema believes Gov. Masari just wants to rubbish his achievements in the past 8 years.

8. Taraba state:[i]
Gov. Darius Dickson Ishaku Silent Over N27bn DebtsPast administrations of the state reportedly looted the state's treasury. The N27bn debts were accumulated under the reigns of former acting governor Garba Umar and Sani Abubakar Danlandi who was reinstated by a Supreme Court ruling.Ishaku hasn't made a clear move against his predecessors but he just might be bidding his time.

9. Delta State:[i][/i] Mortgaged for N637.2bn debt Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa has vowed to extricate the state from what he called its stringent mortgage to financial institutions over a cumulative debt of N637.22 billion.Although he was silent on any probe of his predecessor, analysts say the relationship between the two may not be smooth in the near future.

10. Ekiti State :[i][/i]Fayemi, Fayose disagree over Ekiti debt profile Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State and his predecessor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi lock horns over the state's debt profile.Fayose had claimed that Fayemi left a debt of N84 billion for the state at his inauguration. He also flayed the former governor for building the new Governor's Lodge, Ayoba House, for a whooping N3.3 billion.Cc
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by Otunbatrafford: 7:36pm On Jun 28, 2015
By all indications, our common wealth is in the hands of few individuals. Let's clampdown on them to recover our till.

Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by chykz(m): 8:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
you forgot dave umahi of ebonyi state who is probing fmr governor elechi and even sacking all council chairmen and permanent secretaries appointed by elechi
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by uchennamani(m): 8:35pm On Jun 28, 2015
Freemanan:
Monarchical system of government.

Shame
Seems you don't know the basic element of government. The noun monarchy, or the adjective monarchical, denotes a government with a king or queen as the sovereign. Good examples are the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirate. Not Nigeria.
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
uchennamani:
Seems you don't know the basic element of government. The noun monarchy, or the adjective monarchical, denotes a government with a king or queen as the sovereign. Good examples are the kingdom of Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirate.
See you don't know the meaning of Metaphors....
The hub of journalism...
So take your cheap government tutorials elsewhere Mate.

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by uchennamani(m): 8:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
Freemanan:

See you don't know the meaning of Metaphors....
The hub of journalism...
So take your cheap government tutorials elsewhere Mate.
Don't cover your shame and naivety with a cloak of metaphor. Take corrections and you may learn.
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
uchennamani:
Don't cover your shame and naivety with a cloak of metaphor. Take corrections and you may learn.
Check lemme break it down for you...

I said Monarchical system of government because,

Those governors have problems with their predecessors mainly because these predecessors wanted to have dominance and control of the new government Just as if since they anoint the new King then the king must succumb to them. So the refusal of this leads to fights. It's like godfatherism...

I am a Philosopher Mate, a political Philosopher.
I chewed systems of government in my undergraduate days... Goodnight Mate.
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by wtfCode: 9:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
who on earth doesn't know that this nation needs a division!! Nigeria my foot!
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by HRich(m): 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
Its not funny. But that of Kebbi state is laughable
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by ipreach: 9:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
I love the hunt of Amaechi so much
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by okoocheche(m): 9:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
an dz man in benue can't do nothin, or say somethin.
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by jefftwit(m): 11:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
so Ortom no go bif suswan 4 non payment of salary
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by DrUche3(m): 11:53pm On Jun 28, 2015
asdfjklhaha:
So far all dose prosecuting deir predecessors are people dat emerged from a rival party. No governor is prosecuting his party member. Eg ikpeazu isn't probing orji of abia state b'cos they're bot pdp pple. Bunch of crooks who r de decieving.

Thanks Ma, U just spoke my mind!
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by SplendidE(f): 1:09am On Jun 29, 2015
This list is'nt complete without The Case Btwn Chief(Dr) Ortom Samuel and Hon. Gabriel Suswam Of Benue State Lol,these R Like Cat N Rat
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by Jose35(m): 6:36am On Jun 29, 2015
for all d fastin I don do 4 dis country dis still de happen? d devil ix a liear
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by MsBliss(f): 7:30am On Jun 29, 2015
Where is Rochas okorocha of IMO state.The man no dey see eye to eye with eim predecessor Hakim.
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by Tanyogo(m): 7:47am On Jun 29, 2015
Where u drop that of Benue State. You should have placed Benue beside Rivers State.
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by kenkakas(m): 11:11am On Jun 29, 2015
where is Abia ? grin
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by Fellonigerians: 11:34am On Jun 29, 2015
EKITI001:
Nigeria's newly elected governors are expected to commence work and face the business of governance in their respective states. However, the process is being tampered by a raging war with their predecessors, especially over financial stringency.

1. Niger: Gov Abubakar Bello Clashes With ex-gov Babangida Aliyu
Gov. Bello is set to clash with ex gov Babangida Aliyu over a N2.9bn loan the later allegedly obtained "fraudulently" on the eve of his departure. He has demanded his predecessor to return the funds.

2. Rivers state: Gov Nyesom Wike Hunts down Rotimi Amaechi
Gov. Wike is going after Amaechi with everything he's got. He has inaugurated a committee to probe the ex-governor for corruption. There has been a war of words between the duo which their aides have recently joined in. He's also retrieving government properties still in possession of officials of the former administration.

3. Kaduna state: Gov Nasir El-Rufai Unhappy With Mukhtar Ramalan Yero

Gov. El-Rufai isn't proud of his predecessor's policies and as soon as he assumed office he started reverting them.

This is based on the suspicion that funds (billions of naira) supposedly released to cater for citizen's welfare ended up in personal accounts.

4. Kebbi state: Gov Atiku Bagudu against former governor Saidu Dakingari
Dakingari of the PDP fell out with many PDP chiefs in the state prior to the party's primaries. He also publicly declared he would never hand over to Bagudu (who at the time was a PDP member).

He however lost the party's primaries and 24 hours later, Bagudu defected to the APC where he emerged the gov candidate. He later won the governorship election and since then the two can't be left in the same room.
Dakingari is mostly blamed for the impase, with many thinking of his actions as imature.

5. Plateau state: Gov. Simon Lalong Angry With Jonah Jang

The heat between the two is mainly due to the alleged N104bn debt the former left for his successor.

6. Bauchi state: Gov Abdullahi Abubakar Condemns Isa Yuguda over Maladministration

In Bauchi, there are various allegations ranging from embezzlement of public funds, poor performance and last minute allocations of lands, vehicles and many others being perpetrated by Yuguda's administration.

Reports say the bitterness between both parties is evident such that they exchange blows on social media.

7. Katsina state: Gov Aminu Masari, Ibrahim Shema Biker Over state finances

Gov. Masari is determined to probe Shema for financial recklessness. There is reportedly a shortfall of N13bn in his books.
He's also cropped billions of naira in debt and owns hundreds of state accounts. However, Shema believes Gov. Masari just wants to rubbish his achievements in the past 8 years.

8. Taraba state: Gov. Darius Dickson Ishaku Silent Over N27bn Debts
Past administrations of the state reportedly looted the state's treasury. The N27bn debts were accumulated under the reigns of former acting governor Garba Umar and Sani Abubakar Danlandi who was reinstated by a Supreme Court ruling.

Ishaku hasn't made a clear move against his predecessors but he just might be bidding his time.

9. Delta State Mortgaged for N637.2bn debt
Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa has vowed to extricate the state from what he called its stringent mortgage to financial institutions over a cumulative debt of N637.22 billion.

Although he was silent on any probe of his predecessor, analysts say the relationship between the two may not be smooth in the near future

10. Ekiti State :Fayemi, Fayose disagree over Ekiti debt profile
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State and his predecessor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi lock horns over the state’s debt profile.Fayose had claimed that Fayemi left a debt of N84 billion for the state at his inauguration. He also flayed the former governor for building the new Governor’s Lodge, Ayoba House, for a whooping N3.3 billion.

Cc lalasticlala

SOURCE : http://nairanaijanews..com/2015/06/10-nigerian-governors-at-war-with-their.html

Probing a previous administration does not mean they are at war...
Re: 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors by auntysimbiat(f): 10:35pm On Aug 07, 2015
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Won’t Accept Poll Results By Buhari's ‘Daughter’ – PDP / Halima Babangida To Be The 3rd Wife Of Auwal Lawa: Lady Shades Anti-Polygamists / El-Rufai Is An Expert In Turning A Rotten Situation To A Bad One - Tinubu (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.