Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Musical Movie:who's Enjoying? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Musical Movie:who's Enjoying? (721 Views)

Batman Vs Superman Movie. Who Do You Think Will Win. / Tomorrow Belongs To Me- Movie, Who's Watching? / If Your Life History Is Made Into Movie, Who Would You Love To Act You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Musical Movie:who's Enjoying? by BobiJoe: 5:22am On Mar 02, 2009
Musical movies have gone a long way in gaining popularity since the 1920's till date, from "The broadway melody" to "The sound of music" to "Dreamgirls" to "Hairspray"and on and on and on,

so if you enjoy watchin musical movies, which are your favourite?
Re: Musical Movie:who's Enjoying? by Gamine(f): 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2009
I cant say i love musicals, but there are interesting ones. .

Sound of Music and Annie are still my favorites.

i havent watched most of them, even Dreamgirls from start to finish

Hairspray was a bit ok.

almost all Indian movies are Musicals, lol
Re: Musical Movie:who's Enjoying? by VENUSS(f): 7:26pm On Mar 04, 2009
sound of music
    sisters act
    honey
    high school musical

i have 4gt most of em titles
Re: Musical Movie:who's Enjoying? by tpia: 8:23pm On Mar 04, 2009
Re: Musical Movie:who's Enjoying? by obinna5000(m): 11:17pm On Mar 04, 2009
West Side Story (1961)
The Sound Of Music (1965)
Fame (1980)
Grease (1978)
The Blues Brothers (1980)
Rent (2005)
Re: Musical Movie:who's Enjoying? by spikedcylinder: 8:18am On Mar 06, 2009
[size=13pt]RENT!!![/size]

[size=4pt]To think I was just gonna start a thread about musical movies vs stage production.[/size]
Re: Musical Movie:who's Enjoying? by spikedcylinder: 8:56am On Mar 06, 2009
I remember this musical my mum took me to see when I was a kid. She can't remember the name now and its been doing my head in trying to remember the name. I saw it around '89, '90.

It was about a couple of kids that lived on the streets, I can't remember if they were siblings but I think they were all orphans. They used to sing and live together and I remember one of them having really long hair that he used to fuss about until he was sent off to the army and he had to cut his hair. He was sent back to his "family" in a coffin.

Anyone seen this?
Re: Musical Movie:who's Enjoying? by obinna5000(m): 12:16pm On Mar 06, 2009
@spikedcylinder
I think its Newsies (1992)
Re: Musical Movie:who's Enjoying? by spikedcylinder: 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2009
I have checked out Newsies on IMDB and thats not it. Newsies seems to be a 19th century period drama/musical. This one I'm talking about was based in the mid/late 80's.

(1) (Reply)

Can Fashola Be The Nigerian Obama? / Psychology Of Kokomansion / Crazy Nigerian Football CARTOON!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.