Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,021 members, 7,810,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? (923 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: 419 Okorocha Belongs To IBB Gay Cult; Killed White Man, Dad Hausa / Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take / Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by laidian(m): 9:21am On Jun 29, 2015
Now that the US has demonstrated its commitment to equality
before the law, by ensuring same-sex couples can now marry in
all 50 states of the confederate following its historic Supreme
Court’s ruling which gave marriage equality as a constitutional
right throughout the country one will wonder if this trend will
find its way to Nigeria.

In Nigeria, Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender
(LGBT) persons are still facing legal and social challenges only
peculiar to their community. Here, same-sex sexual activity is
not only illegal, it is a punishable offence.

According to the stipulations of Same-Sex Marriage Prohibition
Act in Nigeria, offenders are to face 14 years’ imprisonment ,
and the punishment isdeath by stoning in the twelve northern
states that have adopted Sharia law , which applies to all
Muslims and to those who have voluntarily consented to
application of the Sharia courts in the region.

Nigeria has been criticized severely by civil rights organizations,
as well as the United Nations, for failing to uphold, and
violating, the rights of LGBT people but this has not changed the
cultural disposition of its people to the topic.

However, the golden question is, can you ever imagine same-sex
becoming a way of life that Nigerians will one day come to terms
with?

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/will-you-support-gay-rights-in-nigeria/

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 29, 2015
Not again...
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by chudidonas(m): 9:25am On Jun 29, 2015
I will support deliverance sessions for them
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:26am On Jun 29, 2015
Even animals dont do same-sex. Are yu telling me that animals are beta dan human beings by approving gay marriage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by rheether(f): 9:29am On Jun 29, 2015
Yes..
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by cutieme(m): 9:32am On Jun 29, 2015
If animals with their primitive sense cannot do it then those homo sapiens (human being) with much and developed medulla oblongata doing it are demonized let me not use the word foolish!
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by absoluteSuccess: 9:34am On Jun 29, 2015
rheether:
Yes..
Because you are one, transgendered.

1 Like

Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by rheether(f): 9:35am On Jun 29, 2015
Bastard..
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 29, 2015
I will personally chop off the head of any id1ot in NASS that brings it up.

Rubbish.
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by absoluteSuccess: 9:37am On Jun 29, 2015
rheether:
Bastard..
Because you are one, in soul and in spirit.
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Jibreen4u(m): 9:56am On Jun 29, 2015
We still struggling with Boko Haram around here
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by laidian(m): 10:06am On Jun 29, 2015
Jibreen4u:
We still struggling with Boko Haram around here
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by laidian(m): 10:08am On Jun 29, 2015
Normality:
I will personally chop off the head of any id1ot in NASS that brings it up.

Rubbish.

I fear you!
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by kolajamesjnr(m): 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
shocked
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by olawalepopoola: 1:38pm On Jun 29, 2015
Lailai! God forbids it!
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
Will They Support Polygamy Rights In the USA?
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by laidian(m): 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
huangcheng:
Will They Support Polygamy Rights In the USA?

Sighs! Is this your criterion to support gay?
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
laidian:

Sighs! Is this your criterion to support gay?

Well if America wants us to accept their culture, then they should be ready to accept ours. Cultural treaty should be mutually beneficial to both parties. We are Africans, polygamy is our culture so why deprive our people of their culture in your country while you want us to adopt yours in our states?

You get my gist right?
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Sunnymatey(m): 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
With one condition, YES. That all those who indulge in the act be relocated to Sambisa forest where they will be given a state call GAY STATE.
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by laidian(m): 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2015
huangcheng:

Well if America wants us to accept their culture, then they should be ready to accept ours. Cultural treaty should be mutually beneficial to both parties. We are Africans, polygamy is our culture so why deprive our people of their culture in your country while you want us to adopt yours in our states?

You get my gist right?

I got it already.
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by laidian(m): 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
[quote author=Sunnymatey post=35289326]With one condition, YES. That all those who indulge in the act be relocated to Sambisa forest where they will be given a state call GAY STATE.[/quo
Re: Will You Support Gay Rights In Nigeria? by laidian(m): 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2015
Sunnymatey:
With one condition, YES. That all those who indulge in the act be relocated to Sambisa forest where they will be given a state call GAY STATE.

What a Nollywood condition! Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Radio Biafra's Message Can Instigate Civil War II / Breaking News: : Cbn Extends Bvn Registration / El-rufa’i Wins Governors’ Performance Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.