Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse (20935 Views)

Police Arrested Me Because Of My Dressing, Murder Suspect Confesses / Murder Suspect’s Son Tells Police: ‘Dad Told Me To Say Mum Drank Sniper’ (pic) / I Prefer To Live My Life In Prison –murder Suspect (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Omooba77: 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
An Ijede Magistrates’ Court near Ikorodu, Lagos State on Tuesday discharged a man, Kazeem Ajiga, who allegedly lynched another man for stealing his aluminium roofing sheets.

Ajiga was arraigned on Tuesday for taking laws into his hands by executing jungle justice on a suspect, Raheem Omoyele, whom he accused of stealing his property.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Omoyele was on Monday brought before Olagbegi-Adelabu on a charge of stealing 25 aluminium roofing sheets belonging to Ajiga.

The Magistrate, Mrs Jumoke Olagbegi-Adelabu rules that Since Ajiga has shown remorse, caution and did not waste this court’s time by pleading guilty, I hereby discharge him and strike out the case

http://www.punchng.com/news/court-discharges-murder-suspect-for-showing-remorse/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by MosakuAW(m): 3:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
Imagine justice in Nigeria..

So, someone can kill or robbed a bank and get caught, charge to court and show remorse then judge will strike out the case.

Naija i hail ooo...

When PMB start to dey probe now, Ex minister will surely need this Judge in court.

Oya all the corrupt ministers under GEJ begin dey show remorse now.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by INFROVERT: 3:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
huh?? like dat

2 Likes

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Yehman(m): 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
angry
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 30, 2015

Everything is possible in the Zoo.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by denedene(m): 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
na wa o! i weak for naija

1 Like

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by wirinet(m): 5:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
This case been made worse for the accused and possibly the judge. The accused has already pleaded guilty to murder, so he has been comfirmed to be a convicted murderer. The only problem now is the sentence or penalty. The judge does not have the power to discharge a convicted felon. The sentense is specified according to the criminal code. The punishment specified varies from 20 years to life depending on if the accused pleaded gulity to first degree or second degree murder. All the plaintive or an interested party needs to do is to appeal the judgement at the appeal court, and appropriate punishmnet according to the law would be handed the convicted murderer.

The appeal court cannot even review the case itself, only the judgement.

18 Likes

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Omooba77: 5:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
wirinet:
This case been made worse for the accused and possibly the judge. The accused has already pleaded guilty to murder, so he has been comfirmed to be a convicted murderer. The only problem now is the sentence or penalty. The judge does not have the power to discharge a convicted felon. The sentense is specified according to the criminal code. The punishment specified varies from 20 years to life depending on if the accused pleaded gulity to first degree or second degree murder. All the plaintive or an interested party needs to do is to appeal the judgement at the appeal court, and appropriate punishmnet according to the law would be handed the convicted murderer.

The appeal court cannot even review the case itself, only the judgement.

Iam confused about this judgement oh

1 Like

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Omooba77: 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
MosakuAW:

Imagine justice in Nigeria..

So, someone can kill or robbed a bank and get caught, charge to court and show remorse then judge will strike out the case.

Naija i hail ooo...
I tired for this oh

lalasticlala take over
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by wirinet(m): 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2015
Omooba77:

Iam confused about this judgement oh

The court of appeal would nullify the judgement. Even if the judge had been bribe, she should not have adviced the accused to plead guilty. She should have simply dismissed the case for lack of evidence (even if they produce a video evidence of the accused killing the victim). It would have made the case more difficult at the appeal court.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by datguru: 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
As in.. The guy was found guilty and the judge out of church mind set him free ??

Someone help me

2 Likes

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by deebsman1(m): 5:37pm On Jun 30, 2015
pipu are just too fast to make comments here, did u guys does read the news article at all?
ok, this is what happened, in that scenario, the dead guy stole the accused aluminium roofing sheet, i.e the dead guy is a thief, (who knows maybe na 1 notorious and deadly thief sef), and unluckily for the dead guy, he was caught or something, who knows maybe its in d process, maybe the punishment meted on him was too much or something, and he passed on, and as we know nija police, they charged the man whose item was stolen (the accused) to court, but for the judge to be a reasonable fellow set him free and discard the case, which should really be the right thing in a sane environment. NICE JUDGMENT

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Shaadey: 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
Life isn't fair afterall, while one is being freed for a crime committed; another is being jailed or killed for doing no wrong

#lifedrama

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
APC be like, we are fighting corruption......
Nawa for me oooo, but wetin carry APC enter this matter
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
shocked shocked
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by ultrazone(m): 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
qkqkq
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by dont8(m): 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
This is a bad precedent because Nigerians are copycats, just killed someone and thereafter start showing remorse like a movie star.

Phewww, you are discharged and acquitted like the thief beside Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by raziboi(m): 5:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
mtcheeeew
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Mopolchi: 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
Wetin this country dey turn to? This na pesin im kill no be goat.

1 Like

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by ionsman: 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
Naija I dey hail o......
Una no dey fail o...... grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
Imagine!! angry

1 Like

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by belloabdulsalam: 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
Nija ma country smiley #frontpagetinz#
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
At first it was 200+ yrs inprisonment ,den igbinedion's 2m bail den ndume's travel pass nd nw dis?. Dem judiciary dey mad!?.

E fit b jazz sha o...
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by amanze15(m): 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hmmm, "murder suspect" cry
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by tammie24: 5:42pm On Jun 30, 2015
Are we sure the criminal is not related to the Judge?

1 Like

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Xslaze3xd(m): 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
Na to go kill That guy remain... then I go show remorse for court

1 Like

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Handsomeemmy(m): 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
My Yoruba people I hail oooo, walahi this one No be ordinary eye, wonti fi oro iya Judge sun awon iya agba tun gbe ninu igbo irumole.
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by mistabiola: 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
Omooba77:
An Ijede Magistrates’ Court near Ikorodu, Lagos State on Tuesday discharged a man, Kazeem Ajiga, who allegedly lynched another man for stealing his aluminium roofing sheets.

Ajiga was arraigned on Tuesday for taking laws into his hands by executing jungle justice on a suspect, Raheem Omoyele, whom he accused of stealing his property.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Omoyele was on Monday brought before Olagbegi-Adelabu on a charge of stealing 25 aluminium roofing sheets belonging to Ajiga.

The Magistrate, Mrs Jumoke Olagbegi-Adelabu rules that Since Ajiga has shown remorse, caution and did not waste this court’s time by pleading guilty, I hereby discharge him and strike out the case

http://www.punchng.com/news/court-discharges-murder-suspect-for-showing-remorse/

Tell me it's a joke cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Jaffar23(m): 5:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
So if I kidnap the voluptuous mercy Johnson.. Tie her up a tree and have my nasty way with her for like two months and now release ha after.. Bur wen I appear in court cry and be sincerely remorseful they will let me goo... Yippee DUMEBI Here I come.. Yur housegirl actin roles have gone on wayy to long

1 Like

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Kendumazy(m): 5:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
Only in nigeria..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FUTA Suspends Obalola And Others Involved In Bullying Mate / Pastor Omotayo Valentine Akingbesote Accused Of Killing Loveth In Ondo / Imo Undergraduate Stabs FUTO Student To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.