Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse (20948 Views)

Police Arrested Me Because Of My Dressing, Murder Suspect Confesses / Murder Suspect’s Son Tells Police: ‘Dad Told Me To Say Mum Drank Sniper’ (pic) / I Prefer To Live My Life In Prison –murder Suspect (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by CrownV12(m): 1:14am On Jul 01, 2015
MosakuAW:

Imagine justice in Nigeria..

So, someone can kill or robbed a bank and get caught, charge to court and show remorse then judge will strike out the case.

Naija i hail ooo...

When PMB start to dey probe now, Ex minister will surely need this Judge in court.

Oya all the corrupt ministers under GEJ begin dey show remorse now.
It might be beyond your knowledge that it is actually lawful to kill a thief where he flees or does not surrender himself for arrest either to the police or people. It is also lawful homicide to kill in the protection of one's life and property.
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by MosakuAW(m): 1:26am On Jul 01, 2015
CrownV12:

It might be beyond your knowledge that it is actually lawful to kill a thief where he flees or does not surrender himself for arrest either to the police or people. It is also lawful homicide to kill in the protection of one's life and property.

Stop quoting what is not acceptable in Nigeria laws. This not Western nation, this is Africa.

The police may kill if a robber run and resists arrest, but people cant kill a thief when run and get caught. If this is done, it is called jungle justice which is punishable under the law in Nigeria.

You cant kill someone who has not be tried in court. We dont have a law in Nigeria that allow you to carry gun in self-defends.
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by linearity: 3:51am On Jul 01, 2015
Omooba77:
An Ijede Magistrates’ Court near Ikorodu, Lagos State on Tuesday discharged a man, Kazeem Ajiga, who allegedly lynched [/b]another man for stealing his aluminium roofing sheets.

Ajiga was arraigned on Tuesday for[b] taking laws into his hands by executing jungle justice on a suspect, Raheem Omoyele
, whom he accused of stealing his property.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Omoyele was on Monday brought before Olagbegi-Adelabu on a charge of stealing 25 aluminium roofing sheets belonging to Ajiga.

The Magistrate, Mrs Jumoke Olagbegi-Adelabu rules that Since Ajiga has shown remorse, caution and did not waste this court’s time by pleading guilty, I hereby discharge him and strike out the case

http://www.punchng.com/news/court-discharges-murder-suspect-for-showing-remorse/

Are mine the only one having difficulty understanding this article?

So how was Omoyele who is alleged to be dead, come to be brought before the Judge on charges of stealing 25 Aluminium roofing sheets belonging to Ajiga?

I thought Ajiga already murdered, lynched and used jungle justice on him?
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Bome01(m): 6:41am On Jul 01, 2015
Hehe. . . Our court is now a Circus!
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by SegzyJoe(m): 6:47am On Jul 01, 2015
Pls read the post very well. There was murder case here, the poster must have been sleeping when typing this post. Omoyele who was supposed be be dead was also in court, so who was murdered?

1 Like

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by jidebaba69(m): 7:04am On Jul 01, 2015
Omooba77:
An Ijede Magistrates’ Court near Ikorodu, Lagos State on Tuesday discharged a man, Kazeem Ajiga, who allegedly lynched another man for stealing his aluminium roofing sheets.

Ajiga was arraigned on Tuesday for taking laws into his hands by executing jungle justice on a suspect, Raheem Omoyele, whom he accused of stealing his property.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Omoyele was on Monday brought before Olagbegi-Adelabu on a charge of stealing 25 aluminium roofing sheets belonging to Ajiga.

The Magistrate, Mrs Jumoke Olagbegi-Adelabu rules that Since Ajiga has shown remorse, caution and did not waste this court’s time by pleading guilty, I hereby discharge him and strike out the case

http://www.punchng.com/news/court-discharges-murder-suspect-for-showing-remorse/

If life is lost duo someone's negligence or active participation. There has to be punishment.
Life is precious and if you take another life for whatever reason except maybe through self defense then there must be punshiment.

I think that this is miscarriage of justice and that judge should be probed.
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by digitsolution: 7:17am On Jul 01, 2015
Nigeria my beloved country anything goes. But why kill your fellow man, and mr. thief why do you have to steal your fellow man's property?

For all your branding and customization projects/jobs we deliver nationwide.

Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by hushmail: 7:36am On Jul 01, 2015
deebsman1:
pipu are just too fast to make comments here, did u guys does read the news article at all?
ok, this is what happened, in that scenario, the dead guy stole the accused aluminium roofing sheet, i.e the dead guy is a thief, (who knows maybe na 1 notorious and deadly thief sef), and unluckily for the dead guy, he was caught or something, who knows maybe its in d process, maybe the punishment meted on him was too much or something, and he passed on, and as we know nija police, they charged the man whose item was stolen (the accused) to court, but for the judge to be a reasonable fellow set him free and discard the case, which should really be the right thing in a sane environment. NICE JUDGMENT

i think d story is not straight. Did d man actually plead guilty? How did a man charged with stealing die? Natural causes or manslaughter? D story need to be rechecked again.
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by Emenandez4lyf(m): 7:53am On Jul 01, 2015
#CrocodileTears #IPlannedToDoWorsterThanHeDid
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by powerdiode(m): 7:54am On Jul 01, 2015
I don't believe this ..... Please provide proof ...... So that one can check and look into the case if true. That is only not right but also unconstitutional.
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by ModiKen(m): 9:07am On Jul 01, 2015
If our corrupt politicians can be given a fine of 3M despite not showing remorse and pleading not guilty, this man doesn't need to be in jail for giving the alledged thief what he deserves (if he actually wanted to steal his aluminuim roofing sheets)

On the whole, our Justice system is in dire need of a reassesment and reformation.

That should be the main task of our VP. He's a professor of law and a SAN....those qualifications shouldnt be wasted by sitting in his office or visiting an African country once in a while.

I suggest PMB, in a bid to cut cost of governance and ensure effective leadership and deliverance of good governance should mak our VP d Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation just as it is alleged he wld make himself d Minister of Petroleum to sanitize that sector of d economy.
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by deebsman1(m): 10:37am On Jul 01, 2015
Thats it, the story no straight at all
hushmail:

i think d story is not straight. Did d man actually plead guilty? How did a man charged with stealing die? Natural causes or manslaughter? D story need to be rechecked again.
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by soversatile: 1:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
INFROVERT:
huh?? like dat
ur first to comment charm don spoil tongue
Re: Court Discharges Murder Suspect For Showing Remorse by idihcoben: 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
We cannot as yet understand it but humans are gradually morphing into animals. How else can we explain that a mother kills her two children and feels no remorse? Instead she refers to them as ‘those little demons.’ How do we explain that two employees would turn against their employer and kill him? Or the fact that a human would walk up to sun-bathers at a beach and gun them down. Not stopping there, he laughs as he takes photographs of the dead. Or that a group would waylay innocent women and children and kill them. Or that a young boy enters a church, worships with the people for an hour and then kills them. Thousands- perhaps, hundreds of thousands of such cases abound. Of people killing people without the slightest aggravation. People they had never met before. Who did them no wrong. Someone’s father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister.
In each case, they were normal-looking people. I repeat- normal-looking. Dressed decently, sometimes educated, able to hold intelligent discussions. The kind of persons you would invite home to dinner. The kind that is sitting right beside you in the office. Normal-looking is not quite the same as normal. And this is why you should look at the guy next you right now. Assess him. See if he has some unusual tendencies like:
a] talking to himself
b] smiling at you for no reason
c] gesticulating wildly
d] always complaining of how the world has let him down
e] always blaming successful people for his situation
f] always putting down their success to luck
g] given to conspiracy theories
i] holding grudges for weeks on end
j] follows a particular person/persons to the bathroom consistently, and many more.

Perhaps humanity has to become paranoid before it can become safe.

more on www.penchant.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Nabbed For Stealing Yam In Onitsha (Photos) / FUTA Suspends Obalola And Others Involved In Bullying Mate / 36-Year-Old Man Arrested For Raping A 9-Year-Old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.