Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,574 members, 7,823,496 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis (960 Views)

Buhari In Phone Call With Bisi Akande Over Wife’s Death / Osinbajo, South-West Governors Visit Bisi Akande Over The Death Of His Wife / Bola Tinubu On Condolence Visit To Bisi Akande Over The Death Of His Wife (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by zik4ever: 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Alhaji Kawu Baraje, on Tuesday, described as unfortunate, a statement by former interim National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Chief Bisi Akande, which alleged that the principal officers of the National Assembly enjoy the backing of some business interests and anti-Buhari elements.

ADVERTISEMENT

Baraje, in a statement in Abuja, said he was disappointed that Akande who had led the party and served as a state Governor authored a statement in which he was seeking to divide the nation by setting the North against the South West.

The APC leader, who once served as the national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party however, noted that he had a lot of respect for Akande.

He nevertheless expressed disappointed that the former interim chairman of the APC would be championing a claim which he could not substantiate.

Baraje said, “I do not know where Chief Akande and his cohorts are getting this unsubstantiated information they are circulating. We challenge them to provide proof and let Nigerians make their judgment.

“Akande and co believe that they have exclusive right to determine who occupies what position in today’s Nigeria and whoever tries to challenge their position must be subjected to savage attack in the media. That tactic is definitely undemocratic.

“I have known Chief Akande to be an honest man. I got the shock of my life when he alleged that I had a meeting in my house with ‘some old and new PDP members with a view to hijacking the National Assembly’ through the aspiration of Dr. Bukola Saraki as the Senate President.

“I have been quiet as a leader so as to not to be seen as taking sides because of my closeness to Dr. Saraki, else people will read meaning into it.

“Akande has been playing a role which I admire. He will recall that he met some actors, with a Governor from the NorthWest and a leader of the party from the SouthWest, where the leader from the SouthWest was cautioned to be reasonable in this crisis.”

He said the forum also admonished the Southwest leader to allow justice, fair play and equity to take place.

Baraje said, “He (Akande) supported the view of the governor from the North-west that the particular leader from the South-west should be admonished for his action. It is therefore surprising that Akande is now being economical with the truth and painting a picture that exists only in his imagination.

“My worry has been that President Buhari is being fed with lies and stories that are dangerous to the polity. My fears have now been confirmed with Akande’s statement.

“It is my prayer that the President should strengthen his information gathering network, so as to have a clear and true picture of what is happening.

“I am also appealing to Chief Akande and his cohorts to demonstrate more commitment to our party by exposing the President to the truth that would assist him in taking good decisions. I hope that this appeal will be heeded.

“I am still keeping quiet with the hope that our efforts in reconciliation will come to a fruitful end.

“I am happy to state that the former Governor of Kwara State enjoys the support of the critical constituencies that he needs to be President of the Senate, particularly that of the good people of Nigeria.”

Baraje said the story by Akande that a purported meeting took place in his house after the general elections where a so-called new PDP group plotted “with a view to hijacking the National Assembly, with an ultimate aim of resuscitating the PDP as their future political platform” was a mere fabrication.
http://www.punchng.com/news/baraje-tackles-akande-over-nassembly-crisis/
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by makzeze: 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
ok
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by Minet16(m): 9:49pm On Jun 30, 2015
Minet16:

#@MINET16
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by okpurukata(f): 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2015
A house divided against itself.
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 30, 2015
I will only comment if U make front page. Till then. Waiting to see if Channels TV will talk about it in 10 O clock news
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by jammani(m): 10:04pm On Jun 30, 2015
These people are really distracting the progress of this country. They should either go n relax, sleep or die
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by TheFreeOne: 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2015
“Akande and co believe that they have exclusive right to determine who occupies what position in today’s Nigeria and whoever tries to challenge their position must be subjected to savage attack in the media. That tactic is definitely undemocratic.

“Akande has been playing a role which I admire. He will recall that he met some actors, with a Governor from the NorthWest and a leader of the party from the SouthWest, where the leader from the SouthWest was cautioned to be reasonable in this crisis.”

He said the forum also admonished the Southwest leader to allow justice, fair play and equity to take place.

Baraje said, “He (Akande) supported the view of the governor from the North-west that the particular leader from the South-west should be admonished for his action. It is therefore surprising that Akande is now being economical with the truth and painting a picture that exists only in his imagination.
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by sammyj: 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
grin cool
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by ochejoseph(m): 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
I pray APC does not lead Nigeria to Destruction! Just 30 days in office and all this fighting!

They Promised to it the ground running But unfortunately for Nigerians they hit the ground fighting each other!

Deception has an expiry date, they deceived Nigerians into believing in a change that never was, they painted Jonathan as the Devil so as to grab power, Now that power is in their hands they don't Know what to do with it !

May God Help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
.na news be this?
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by duality(m): 10:35pm On Jun 30, 2015
what the fvck is the highlighted.

“Akande has been playing a role which I admire. He will recall that he met some actors, with a Governor from the NorthWest and[b] a leader of the party from the SouthWest[/b], where the leader from the SouthWest [/b]was cautioned to be reasonable in this crisis.”

He said the forum also admonished [b]the Southwest leader
to allow justice, fair play and equity to take place.

Baraje said, “He (Akande) supported the view of the governor from the North-west [b]that the particular leader from the South-west [/b]should be admonished for his action. It is therefore surprising that Akande is now being economical with the truth and painting a picture that exists only in his imagination.

something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by atlwireles: 10:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
A party built on of distrust and treachery can be nothing but a home of maggots. APC will engage themselves in a free for all, the era of hired assassins is about to return.
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by ifyan(m): 10:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
Don't blame APC but blame Nigerians who gave them the chance to misbehave.
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by ifyan(m): 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
atlwireles:
A party built on of distrust and treachery can be nothing but a home of maggots. APC will engage themselves in a free for all, the era of hired assassins is about to return.

APC investment are yielding returns. Don't be surprised.
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by babyhrt(m): 11:02pm On Jun 30, 2015
the said south west leader is Tinubu.....he feels he must control both chambers of the national assembly.
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by Biodun37: 7:19am On Jul 01, 2015
The leadership of APC have to face the reality by suspending Saraki & Dogara and prepare to accept minority status in both Chambers (with their expected decamping to PDP) as this will make the party and the president really sit-up and take actions that will meet the yearnings of the they .

The leadership of national Assembly can not secure full support of PDP leaders if they choose to move against the program of the executive (even after decamping) as the latter can not afford to be on the wrong side of the masses again. If the deviants however choose to remain with the party, then they will be forced to swallow their ego & self interest by abiding with the party's stand.

Party's supremacy must always be respected by all members especially those who a secured public position through the party platform.
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by Alkidam(m): 7:36am On Jul 01, 2015
Who is the liar then?
Re: Baraje Tackles Akande Over N’assembly Crisis by Wildrage: 8:46am On Jul 01, 2015
Bigots and tribalist are the first to always accuse others of bigotry and tribalism. It must be obvious to everyone now that APC is an association of tribal warlords and the internal contradictions is just beginning to unravel for all to see. The tribal armoury would soon be fully opened by the warlords once the ministerial list is announced

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What To Do When You Sight An Islamist Or Terrorist Boko Haram / N Korea Accuses US For Choosing Africa As Ebola Bio-weapon Testing Ground / Saraki: Putting National Interest First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.