Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf (2365 Views)

Learn How To Make Bitter Leaf And Okro Soup / How To Cook Nigerian Egusi Soup With Bitter Leaf (ofe Egusi/obe Efo Elegusi) / How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:07pm On Jun 30, 2015
meat 700 naira
kpomo 300
oil 100
bitter leaf 50
pepper 100
okaro 100
knor seasoning
water

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2015
so I wash my meat and dice my kpomo to a tad bit and add to my nicely wash meat mixed with my bitter leaf to cook for 20mins after adding a tad bit of water

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
the bitter leaf will be put next and left to cook with my meat

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:13pm On Jun 30, 2015
after cooking for 20mins which depends on your teeth.....becos I still like my meat to be hard when in dig in so if you want yours softer you can cook for another 5mins to 10mins....

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by In2systemsTech(m): 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2015
The okro na free?

1 Like

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by Aminat508(f): 10:16pm On Jun 30, 2015
Nice @,Op
Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:17pm On Jun 30, 2015
In2systemsTech:
The okro na free?

no oh I missed it...its been corrected now.....look the list again
Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
I added my onion bulb to cook in my nicely bleached palm oil to a certain brownish texture

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
I now added my grinded pepper as the onion had been cooked for 2mins and leave to cook for 5mins depending on the quantity of water you added you may have to cook to thick

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
after cooking the pepper one will get a nice sauce ready to add the other items

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by aieromon(m): 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
I don't get Nigerians and their love for kponmo.

1 Like

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
Its now time to add my nicely cooked meat with kpomo laced in bitter leaf

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by greatmarshall(m): 10:26pm On Jun 30, 2015
Looks yummy
Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2015
after allowing that to cook for another 2mins...this is what it will look like

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
its now time to add the okaro paste so we can get the soup thickening

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
I now add my knoor seasoning to give it flavour ..

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:38pm On Jun 30, 2015
you allow to cook for 3-5mins depend on the heater you are using ....since na gas cooker I need to stand by oh grin grin grin grin

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
so I allow to cook for another 2 mins.....and wow the food is ready ...and I added a tad bit of salt to give it that tiny bit of sharpness on my taste budstongue tongue grin grin grin

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:43pm On Jun 30, 2015
now dinner is served make I go make eba.....damn poundo yam don finish.........lol angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:45pm On Jun 30, 2015
so I serve with eba and a drink of five alive to wash it down my throat grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
time to dig in .....any takers..... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 10:48pm On Jun 30, 2015
hmmm I am half way gone ....... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by Bollinger(m): 1:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
aieromon:
I don't get Nigerians and their love for kponmo.

Haven't you ever done something that makes no sense but feels absolutely awesome?

2 Likes

Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
chei, those meat will be totally tasteless!! you didn't add salt and seasoning while steaming your meat .Na waooh
Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by crowntoro(f): 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
OP, why u no add aproko? undecided
Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by tpiander: 3:56am On Jul 02, 2015
you want us to comment on your spelling of okro, meanwhile, you did not even mold your eba to make it look presentable . . . . . . . . .because una be blogger una nor suppose sabi cook?

such arrogance.
Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by tpiander: 3:57am On Jul 02, 2015
manoda:
chei, those meat will be totally tasteless!! you didn't add salt and seasoning while steaming your meat .Na waooh

I don't know what point these folks are trying to make.

maybe he doesn't use seasoning or salt.
Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by Bollinger(m): 10:34am On Jul 02, 2015
tpiander:
you want us to comment on your spelling of okro, meanwhile, you did not even mold your eba to make it look presentable . . . . . . . . .because una be blogger una nor suppose sabi cook?

such arrogance.

No be fight na. Common sense suppose tell everyone say e put salt and other condiments. No be mouth dem de take talk everthing. And the Eba matter. ...na so me self like to eat am. Mold ko. ..mend ni.
Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by breadplanets(f): 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
Oga weldone. Ive never made okro with bitterleaf before. What does it taste like?
Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
tpiander:

such arrogance.

i am not a blogger....besides u suppose knw say i put salt.........ok correct me abeg
Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by tpiander: 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
If people were to rate your dish as you presented it here ( especially your eba), what do you think will be your score?

You intentionally are insulting people but want to play smart, let's see who you are "doing". undecided
Re: How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf by deflover(m): 4:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
breadplanets:
Oga weldone. Ive never made okro with bitterleaf before. What does it taste like?

tasty you should try it wink wink wink

(1) (Reply)

US Soldiers Spotted Eating Snake Meat In Ghana (photos) / Shawarma Business / Have You Tried Making Your Own Golden Eggs Yet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.