Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Favourite Horror Movies. . . . - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Favourite Horror Movies. . . . (4896 Views)

Please I Need Good Horror Movies To Watch. / Horror Movies That Really Scared The Hell Out Of You / Nigerian Horror Movies Are More Scary Than American Horror Movies! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by Hauwa1: 11:35am On Mar 06, 2009
since joining Netflix, i have had the chance to watch more horror movies. i have seen almost all horror movies. now am trying to watch more of the old horror movies. i tell you, i still get frightened! i just love to watch horror movies.

haven't seen rosemary baby yet but have read abt it. i like asian horrors.

now Les Diabolique: am still confused with the end of it. what really went wrong there? i thot the man was killed?
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by spikedcylinder: 12:16pm On Mar 06, 2009
Those classic horror movies are just hilarious for me. Have you seen Little Shop of Horrors, Hauwa?
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by DeReloaded: 5:34pm On Mar 06, 2009
*Hauwa*:

since joining Netflix, i have had the chance to watch more horror movies. i have seen almost all horror movies. now am trying to watch more of the old horror movies. i tell you, i still get frightened! i just love to watch horror movies.

Im about to go back to NetFlix myself

in le dibloques, isnt that the one where they ended up eating the husband?
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by MadMax1(f): 7:38pm On Mar 06, 2009
JeSoul:

lol . . . grin I'm still denying it! kiss I maintain it was all by chance and by accident kiss
lol yeah that only flies when you're the only one watching smiley you should go get "Emily Rose" and watch, however I will not be held liable for any nightmares, sleepless nights, hallucinations that you might develop afterwards kiss
I haven't bought the thing and you're already dodging lawsuits and posting disclaimers. I'm too scared to go anywhere near that movie now.

spikedcylinder:

Those classic horror movies are just hilarious for me. Have you seen Little Shop of Horrors, Hauwa?

Feed Me Seymourrrr
Feed me all night loooong

Spiked will you watch a real movie, for crying out loud? I can't imagine how you missed not being scarred by the Omen trilogy as a kid, but it's not too late. Grab your copy NOW!!!!
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by disease(m): 7:53pm On Mar 06, 2009
final destination (2000)
scream (1996)
scream 2 (1997)
saw (2004)
Psycho (1998)
misery (1990)
friday the 13th (1980)
the exorcist (1973)
nightmare on elm street (1984)
jaws (1975)
deep blue sea (1999)
sleepy hollow (1999)
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by spikedcylinder: 8:11pm On Mar 06, 2009
Mad_Max:

Feed Me Seymourrrr
Feed me all night loooong

Spiked will you watch a real movie, for crying out loud? I can't imagine how you missed not being scarred by the Omen trilogy as a kid, but it's not too late. Grab your copy NOW!!!!

Lol. Yea, that sure scared the bejesus outta me. tongue grin
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by BobiJoe: 1:07am On Mar 07, 2009
HORROR MOVIES I AM REALLY A FAN
I've always loed watching horror and reading it too.my list:
Silence Of The Lambs[movie and book]
urban legend 1&2
Amityville horror
the hollow man
SAW
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by BobiJoe: 1:13am On Mar 07, 2009
something dumb bout horror movies its always predictable
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by Hauwa1: 2:55am On Mar 07, 2009
the one i watched was the remake and had a black woman i think cicely tyson doing voodoo or so to help the lady.
am still trying to figure out what happen in the bathtub? i thot they really drowned him.

Karma, netflix is good smiley you can even go on hold lol without pay grin

Spike, i have not seen that but already added it to my list wink
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:02pm On Mar 07, 2009
Spawn of Satan- is one my favourite!
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by spikedcylinder: 3:54pm On Mar 08, 2009
Spawn was pretty cheesy jor. tongue
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by Hauwa1: 4:37pm On Mar 08, 2009
can mystery movie be horror movie? am watching goodnight in the garden of good and evil

btc AMC and Mystery channel do have horror movies every friday. AMC got many classic horror.
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:34pm On Mar 08, 2009
Spawn is the bomb i tell you,i dont mind watching it overe n' over again per day without giving _up wink

spikedcylinder:

Spawn was pretty cheesy jor. tongue
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by Epi: 6:23am On Mar 09, 2009
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by Sauron1: 2:57pm On Mar 09, 2009
Texas Chainsaw Massacre(original version)
SAW.
Grindhouse.
The Hills Have Eyes
Hannibal Rising.
Ressurection
Ju On(Japanese version of The Grudge)
Janghwa Hongryeon
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by Abiodun92(m): 2:33pm On Mar 10, 2009
Seriously?

Yes, I just happen to like it, even though it has a pretty sloppy plot. cheesy
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by proudly9ja(m): 3:11pm On Mar 10, 2009
If you love horror movies then you should probably love horror books too. For the latter, Il recommend some novels by Stephen King. Ive been hooked for over 10 years now. While my mates were reading famous five and the likes, I was reading '4 Past Midnight' by Stephen King. That was the one that hooked me.

As per movies, I got hooked via SCREAM 1 which I dont rate 'horror wise' now especially after I saw Jeepers Creepers 1. Oh my! That was the movie.

Recommendation: If you really wanna enjoy your Horror Movie, there are 2 ways to do this. Either

1. Go watch late night at a cinema (like someone said, Horror movies can be romantic wink). When I say late night, Im talking about 11,12midnight so the movie ends say 1am/2am ish. OR

2. Watch on your own, alone at night at home with noone to disturb you. If you got good surround speakers, pls use them. They don't have to be too loud but let them well placed in the room.

For 1, above, u can watch with a bf/gf (depending on your preference) but for 2 above, watch alone. Make sure all doors and windows are locked. I cane bet, even though you check and recheck b4 the movie starts, you will definitely check again at the end of the movie! grin

1 Like

Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by proudly9ja(m): 3:28pm On Mar 10, 2009
This is another Stephen King classic Il recommend:

THINNER

"William Halleck a lawyer with a happy family needs to lose some weight, or he's headed into heart-attack field. One day he runs over a gypsie's daughter, and kills her. He is cursed by the girl's father. "Thinner," he says to William. And from then on, William rapidly loses more and more weight to the point of emaciation. William may die, unless someone can do something to remove the curse. And that may take the gypsies. "

I think you can watch some of them classics on www.aworantv.com

Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by Hauwa1: 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2009
i love Steven King's book so much i like it more when they are acted for me to see,  cheesy scary yeah. in real life, he is a cool guy from what i read abt him.

anyone seen SERIAL MOM?
that movie was so funny to watch. imagine your mom going rampage killing pple and comes home to make dinner lol. i love the court scene a great deal.
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by proudly9ja(m): 12:37am On Mar 12, 2009
Ive seen serial mom. and the court scene where she was opening her legs for the judge, lol
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by spikedcylinder: 8:52am On Mar 12, 2009
I don't read Stephen King, never have.

However, Dean Koontz is a pretty good horror writer as well.
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by sniperwolf(m): 9:35am On Mar 12, 2009
From Dusk Till Dawn series
John Carpenter's Vampire
Van Helsin (I can't spell it)
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 12, 2009
proudly9ja:

This is another Stephen King classic Il recommend:

THINNER

"William Halleck a lawyer with a happy family needs to lose some weight, or he's headed into heart-attack field. One day he runs over a gypsie's daughter, and kills her. He is cursed by the girl's father. "Thinner," he says to William. And from then on, William rapidly loses more and more weight to the point of emaciation. William may die, unless someone can do something to remove the curse. And that may take the gypsies. "

I think you can watch some of them classics on www.aworantv.com

i love the movie. . .and i preferred its ending to that in the book.
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by iice(f): 3:32pm On Mar 12, 2009
Not big on some horrors. I like my sleep too much grin
Half the time i end up watching them because of my bro (who like seriously loves them) or some friend.
I watched the ring because a friend invited us to watch a movie and he wanted to sit up front angry
I didnt sleep properly for 5 days, expecting Sadako to pop out my TV, and mirrors all over my room angry
I watched the exorcism of Emily Rose with my bro and yes i didnt sleep properly for 3 days with me waking up at 3am angry
Exorcism hmmm i watched that with my mum, she loves horrors too. Those 3 are the only movies that scared me.
Everything else not like those movies, i consider thrillers.

But i would say Omen was one of my favorite movies as a child grin
I also loved IT.
Love Silent Hill (One of my favorite soundtracks)
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by MadMax1(f): 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2009
iice:

But i would say Omen was one of my favorite movies as a child grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by spikedcylinder: 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2009
iice:

I watched the exorcism of Emily Rose with my bro and yes i didnt sleep properly for 3 days with me waking up at 3am angry

Thats true sef. After watching the movie, I used to wake up at 3am for a few days. Was darn scary.
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by Pepeye(f): 9:28pm On Mar 12, 2009
Last I watched horror movies was as an eight years old
can’t remember any now
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by DeReloaded: 11:51pm On Mar 12, 2009
oyb:

i love the movie. . .and i preferred its ending to that in the book.

I never got to finsih the book, for some reason I cant find most of my SK books. Is the book ending very different from that of the movie?
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by dae(f): 2:19pm On Mar 13, 2009
ohhhhh shocked, THE SKELETON KEY gave me the heeby jeebies, das some scary ass haitian voodoo!!
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by dae(f): 2:31pm On Mar 13, 2009
Who has seen these, they kinda scary too;
The ruins
The eye
One missed call
1408 ---------> FULL OF SUSPENSE TOO!!!
28 weeks later
Snakes on a plane (Not that scary but u gonna freak out)
Friday the 13th --------> (Sh*t, today is Friday the 13th shocked)
Quarantine
House of wax
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by JeSoul(f): 2:36pm On Mar 13, 2009
dae:

Who has seen these, they kinda scary too;
The ruins
The eye
One missed call
1408 ---------> FULL OF SUSPENSE TOO!!!
28 weeks later
Snakes on a plane (Not that scary but u gonna freak out)
Friday the 13th --------> (Sh*t, today is Friday the 13th shocked)
Quarantine
House of wax

The Ruins was a lil creepy, but not on the level of 'terror'
Snakes on a plane is nasty
Quarantine - not really 'scary'
Skeleton Key - same as above
House of wax - naah just another assembly line american gore flick
Re: Favourite Horror Movies. . . . by DeReloaded: 2:39pm On Mar 13, 2009
The Ruins made no sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

50 Cent Lost A Lot Of Weight For His Upcoming Movie "things Fall Apart"pix / Pokello Presents Her BBA Love, Elikem, To Zimbabwe (photos) / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Mtvshuga 4 – Episode 6 (season Finale)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.