Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? (4746 Views)

Full-blown Sharia Law Imminent, CAN Raises Alarm / Supreme Court Upholds Rev King's Death Sentence / Religious Extremism And Intolerance In Kano: 9 People Sentenced To Death In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 9:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
[b] 9 People has been sentenced to death in a Sharia court in Kano.

When first i came across this staggering headline, things running through my mind was: "Did they kill someone?" "Did they rape a girl to death?" to my surprise it was "Because of blasphemy"

Blasphemy on what and who. . what nonsense stupendous blasphemy demands the death of humans.

My question was; Is an insult on a dead man worth the life of 9people?

In fact an insult on a dead man, is it worth the life of anything even a dog?
For crying out loud, a dead man is a dead man and a living one is a living one.

Why has this religious laws reduced human judgement to a chronic barbaric state that you see such occurrence at which a supposed human dims it ok to take the life of 9 people because they spoke against a dead man of almost 1.6k years ago.

It is sheer barbarism and unfathomable. it is disheartening that a human can regard this to be justice.

A dead man is a dead man, why should a dead man be the reason for the living to loose their lives?

What happened to the simple fundamental human right of free speech. . . I think the 21st century has developed far enough as to not give room for such evil and barbaric acts. Why should judgement be based on the egoistic sentiment of a set of people or maybe the concept of justice changes its meaning when it enters the scope of religion cus this is nothing near justice or right. . .

This is a question for muslims
"Is the killing of 9 humans because they blasphemed a justifiable act?
[/b]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by malvisguy212: 9:17pm On Jul 01, 2015
The good thing (though it's was wrong for sentencing them to death) is that they are ALL muslims, if they are christians or belong to any other religion, not only the 9 people will pay the price, there will be chaos in many places.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 9:31pm On Jul 01, 2015
malvisguy212:
The good thing (though it's was wrong for sentencing them to death) is that they are ALL muslims, if they are christians or belong to any other religion, not only the 9 people will pay the price, there will be chaos in many places.
Whether they are muslims or christians doesn't change the fact that they are humans and it is still wrong to take a human's life.

I think you made a statement based on your feelings towards christianity, if christian casualties were involved, violence will only bring more casualties and therefore will make matters worse and not solve it.

I think the most important thing is to condemn that it is wrong without minding whether people with the same religious affiliation as you are involved or not. . . And let us hope the government heeds the cry of we Nigerians and save these poor people that have done nothing to deserve death
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by malvisguy212: 9:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Whether they are muslims or christians doesn't change the fact that they are humans and it is still wrong to take a human's life.

I think you made a statement based on your feelings towards christianity, if christian casualties were involved, violence will only bring more casualties and therefore will make matters worse and not solve it.

I think the most important thing is to condemn that it is wrong without minding whether people with the same religious affiliation as you are involved or not. . . And let us hope the government heeds the cry of we Nigerians and save these poor people that have done nothing to deserve death
I did not say only christians, I said christians or any other religion. I live with this people infacte there was a time I go to mosque. I know this people very well.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by menesheh(m): 9:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
malvisguy212:

since they are Muslims, do you support the sentence?
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by malvisguy212: 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
menesheh:

since they are Muslims, do you support the sentence?
a sinner has NO right to take a life , that why Jesus say to those who want to stone the adulterous woman "he who is WITHOUT SIN should cast the first stone". I condemned the sentence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by obiak4(m): 9:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
Would say it like i always do religion has caused more death than world war 1&2 put together
we should learn to love one another

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 9:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
malvisguy212:
a sinner has NO right to take a life , that why Jesus say to those who want to stone the adulterous woman "he who is WITHOUT SIN should cast the first stone". I condemned the sentence.

Neither who you regard a sinner nor who you regard saint, none of them has any right to take anybody's life. . .
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by malvisguy212: 9:58pm On Jul 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Neither who you regard a sinner nor who you regard saint, none of them has any right to take anybody's life. . .
YES.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by Xcex: 10:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
During d past regime we barely heard of dis sharia law n its nonscence, nw dey ar a menace 2 human rights.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by menesheh(m): 10:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
malvisguy212:

are they sinners by believing their gods commands?
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by hahn(m): 10:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
There are a lot of things NOT RIGHT in this country. The Kano9 is just one. Y'all acting like this is the first time such is happening.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 11:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
hahn:
There are a lot of things NOT RIGHT in this country. The Kano9 is just one. Y'all acting like this is the first time such is happening.
No one is really acting as if its the first, it is not wrong to point out barbaric acts meted out on humanity
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by hahn(m): 11:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
johnydon22:

No one is really acting as if its the first, it is not wrong to point out barbaric acts meted out on humanity

Yep
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by Nobody: 5:48am On Jul 02, 2015
Hmmm! At first I didn't support it, but now I do. Now, which would I prefer, we could hang them, or we could go the old fashioned way and bludgeon them to death, I haven't decided which I prefer, but guess what, they must die! You actually think you and your worthless campaign can stop us? You actually think we care? Loooool! Screw you all! You don't tell us what to do, know your place! Hmmm....maybe we should burn them alive. Friggin christians and atheists, next thing you know they try to bring faggotry to us, too impressionable, you are.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by malvisguy212: 6:29am On Jul 02, 2015
menesheh:

are they sinners by believing their gods commands?
A holy God will not command you to fight for Him after he had already gave you freewill.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by malvisguy212: 6:35am On Jul 02, 2015
VorkalthDigby:
Hmmm! At first I didn't support it, but now I do. Now, which would I prefer, we could hang them, or we could go the old fashioned way and bludgeon them to death, I haven't decided which I prefer, but guess what, they must die! You actually think you and your worthless campaign can stop us? You actually think we care? Loooool! Screw you all! You don't tell us what to do, know your place! Hmmm....maybe we should burn them alive. Friggin christians and atheists, next thing you know they try to bring faggotry to us, too impressionable, you are.
are you a holy man? Are you blameless? If you are a sinner and you are still alive by his GRACE. does not the 9 people deserve His GRACE ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by menesheh(m): 7:04am On Jul 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
A holy God will not command you to fight for Him after he had already gave you freewill.

That means they are believing the wrong god right?

BOLDED
Now same thing happened in the bible where god himself commanded you as living being to kill directly and even wipe out all living thing both children of 1 or 2 yrs old who know no sin. A loving god indeed.

Romans 1:24-32
Deuteronomy 22:20-21
Leviticus 20:13
Exodus 21:15
Chronicles 15:12-13
Zechariah 13:3

Now tell me the difference between you and the Muslims. They are even more proactive obeying their gods command and carrying out his command than you who out of sympathy, empathy, objectivity rejected your god and his commands and are here in Nairaland ranting nonsensical arguments.

There are so many things you don't know and same with me but on the process it don't be arrogant.

1 Like

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by menesheh(m): 7:11am On Jul 02, 2015
malvisguy212:

Menn do you know whassu doing, you are creating publicity of yourself on Nairaland especially in religion section. Who knew the truth and decided to be ranting so as to be recognize.

You a replica of William Craig lane.

Cheer

1 Like

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
are you a holy man? Are you blameless? If you are a sinner and you are still alive by his GRACE. does not the 9 people deserve His GRACE ?

Preach maybe they do, but you christians also need to know your place, stay out of our affairs. Clown!
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 02, 2015
menesheh:

Menn do you know whassu doing, you are creating publicity of yourself on Nairaland especially in religion section. Who knew the truth and decided to be ranting so as to be recognize.

You a replica of William Craig lane.

Cheer

Yeah, malvis is one of the many clowns of NL. I wouldn't take him seriously if I were you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 02, 2015
I have no pity for anyone who falls victim of his/her own religious practices,
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 8:37am On Jul 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
I just hope you know the bible god is just as guilty as the quran god on this
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by malvisguy212: 9:01am On Jul 02, 2015
menesheh:

That means they are believing the wrong god right?

BOLDED
Now same thing happened in the bible where god himself commanded you as living being to kill directly and even wipe out all living thing both children of 1 or 2 yrs old who know no sin. A loving god indeed.

Romans 1:24-32
Leviticus 20:13
Exodus 21:15
Chronicles 15:12-13
Zechariah 13:3

Now tell me the difference between you and the Muslims. They are even more proactive obeying their gods command and carrying out his command than you who out of sympathy, empathy, objectivity rejected your god and his commands and are here in Nairaland ranting nonsensical arguments.

There are so many things you don't know and same with me but on the process it don't be arrogant.
Romans 1:24-32 was talking about homosexual moreover God did not say anything about killing, read the it again https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+1%3A24-32.

All the rest verse you quote are old testament law which Jesus came to fullfiled by seating an example for us to follow, according to the old testament law, the adulterous woman is soppose to be stoned to death , but by His grace, he was given a second chance to repent. That why Jesus say to her " GO AND SIN NO MORE" .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 9:11am On Jul 02, 2015
Old testament laws, was it a different god that gave that law? the point is the bible god gave those barbaric laws whether it was the old testament or new or modern or whether Jesus fulfilled them. . .the point remains the bible god actually gave those barbaric laws thinking it was right. . .has commanded the isrealites to fight and kill for him in many instances. . . . . so when you accuse the quranic god of such, always bear in mind your god is not any different in that regard
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by menesheh(m): 9:33am On Jul 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
Romans 1:24-32 was talking about homosexual moreover God did not say anything about killing, read the it again https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+1%3A24-32.

All the rest verse you quote are old testament law which Jesus came to fullfiled by seating an example for us to follow, according to the old testament law, the adulterous woman is soppose to be stoned to death , but by His grace, he was given a second chance to repent. That why Jesus say to her " GO AND SIN NO MORE" .

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Isaiah 57:15 talks about god yesterday, today and eternity.

If god was wrong yesterday and decided to correct the bad concepts he laid down in the old testament and still said that the law will serve you from now (then) to eternity which jesus assented in the new testament.
That makes god inconsistent, malevolent and imperfect.

Mind you, researching answers online, then copy and paste links here on NL makes you ignorant and naive to the concept you are defending.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by Rilwayne001: 9:57am On Jul 02, 2015
johnydon22:

This is a question for muslims
"Is the killing of 9 humans because they blasphemed a justifiable act?[ ]

NO, it is not justifiable.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 02, 2015
johnydon22:

This is a question for muslims "Is the killing of 9 humans because they blasphemed a justifiable act?
YES,it is justifiable
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by malvisguy212: 12:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
menesheh:

Matthew 5:17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Isaiah 57:15 talks about god yesterday, today and eternity.

If god was wrong yesterday and decided to correct the bad concepts he laid down in the old testament and still said that the law will serve you from now (then) to eternity which jesus assented in the new testament.
That makes god inconsistent, malevolent and imperfect.

Mind you, researching answers online, then copy and paste links here on NL makes you ignorant and naive to the concept you are defending.
you don't understand the nature of God yet you conclude God is cruel.you say God is wrong? Ok, When Jesus say He fulfilled the law, WHAT EXECTLY is he fullfiling?
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by menesheh(m): 12:43pm On Jul 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
you don't understand the nature of God yet you conclude God is cruel.you say God is wrong? Ok, When Jesus say He fulfilled the law, WHAT EXECTLY is he fullfiling?

am talking about the god of the bible. i didn't quote qua-ran.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 1:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
Rilwayne001:

NO, it is not justifiable.
I love your objectivity and not letting your religious affiliation cloud your sense of humanity. . .Implore you to teach this bro of yours
crusadistic:

YES,it is justifiable
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by dalaman: 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
crusadistic:

YES,it is justifiable

Then why doesn't Allah kill them himself? Why must you guys be the ones doing all the killings for Allah? if Allah dislikes blasphemy then he should kill all those(millions) that blaspheme against him all the time. If Allah is indeed alive and as powerful as you guys claim then why are you the ones doing all the killings on his behalf? Doesn't the fact that you are the ones always doing everything for him and failing at it ALL of the time tell you something?

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vampirism Is Real! Read The Testimony Of A Former Vampire Now Serving The Lord / Ask For Spiritual Sight By Pastor Adeboye / House On The Rock Projects Image Of An Owl (Moloch) During Communion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.