Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,682 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? (4756 Views)

Full-blown Sharia Law Imminent, CAN Raises Alarm / Supreme Court Upholds Rev King's Death Sentence / Religious Extremism And Intolerance In Kano: 9 People Sentenced To Death In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by Scholar8200(m): 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Need i remind you that isreali now is mainly a judaic country. .

75% of modern day isrealis practise Judaism. in fact only 2% practise Orthodox Christianity https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Israel

And most Judaic people regard Jesus as another case out of the 21 cases of messiah claims they have witness through out history, so they don't buy you belief of jesus relieving you of the law.
so unlike you, they have no belief in jesus or even have the new testament in their scriptures. . . they pretty much still believe they are under the law. . . so the reason why they don't employ these laws now is because they don't want to enter the 21st century list of terrorist groups just like not every muslim heeds to the barbaric charges in the koran smiley

Yes, in fact this buttresses my point that they are in expectation of the Messiah to restore all things and so for now, my guess is that they perceive that the law can only be fully enforced after all things have been restored

. Judaism as we know it consists of the OT watered down by many traditions introduced by the elders and the Pharisees/Rabbis: these additions was what blinded them to the Messiah's first coming
Besides, Jesus and His apostles (author of the Epistles) were all Jews! The rejection by a percentage of Israel and their current state etc was clearly analysed by one of them (a Jew) in the Epistles.

For a battle hardened nation that appears proud of their heritage, I dont think their restraint is as a result of fear of being called terrorists!

1 Like

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2015
Scholar8200:

Yes, in fact this buttresses my point that they are in expectation of the Messiah to restore all things and so for now, my guess is that they perceive that the law can only be fully enforced afterwards. Judaism as we know it consists of the OT watered down many traditions introduced by the elders and the Pharisees/Rabbis: these additions was what blinded them to the Messiah's first coming
Besides, Jesus and His apostles (author of the Epistles) were all Jews! The rejection by a percentage of Israel and their current state etc was clearly analysed by one of them (a Jew) in the Epistles.

For a battle hardened nation that appears proud of their heritage, I dont think their restraint is as a result of fear of being called terrorists!

You certainly do not know the consequences involved when a nation is sanctioned by the international community. . .Isreali do not want to plunge themselves into an unwarranted case of ostracism by the international community which will ground their economy to a halt
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by malvisguy212: 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
menesheh:

am talking about the god of the bible. i didn't quote qua-ran.
yoi are confused, why quote the quran?
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2015
Scholar8200:

Question for thought: By what standard is morality to be gauged? Individual conscience? (the world becomes literal hell!) or what?( said you were done hence you dont need to answer but since you emphasize morals in your reply, you will do well to vouchsafe us a response)

Morality as a human concept are actions that "Decreases individual human suffering and/or betters societal well being, freedom, equality, survival and justice. . . . . It is a concept born out of human perception as a result of human intellect,empathy and compassion. . . what we call conscience is just a product of human intellect
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by Scholar8200(m): 4:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Morality as a human concept are actions that "Decreases individual human suffering and/or betters societal well being, freedom, equality, survival and justice. . . . . It is a concept born out of human perception as a result of human intellect,empathy and compassion. . . what we call conscience is just a product of human intellect
Are you implying then that it's up to each man to develop his own set of moral actions? Afterall we all have an intellect.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by menesheh(m): 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
malvisguy212:
yoi are confused, why quote the quran?

you never answer my previous question. you are just dodging my question.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 4:47pm On Jul 02, 2015
Scholar8200:
Are you implying then that it's up to each man to develop his own set of moral actions? Afterall we all have an intellect.
First moral principles are quite different from socially acceptable actions postulated in different ways by different cultures.

From the definition i gave up there am sure you don't need any other person to help you recognize when an actions reduces human suffering or betters societal wellbeing, equality, justice, survival and freedom. .

Morality remains a collective human [size=20]Concept[/size] to represent a good action

1 Like

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by NumberOne3(m): 2:23am On Jul 04, 2015
menesheh:

That means they are believing the wrong god right?

BOLDED
Now same thing happened in the bible where god himself commanded you as living being to kill directly and even wipe out all living thing both children of 1 or 2 yrs old who know no sin. A loving god indeed.

Romans 1:24-32
Deuteronomy 22:20-21
Leviticus 20:13
Exodus 21:15
Chronicles 15:12-13
Zechariah 13:3
Deuteronomy 22:20-21

Now tell me the difference between you and the Muslims. They are even more proactive obeying their gods command and carrying out his command than you who out of sympathy, empathy, objectivity rejected your god and his commands and are here in Nairaland ranting nonsensical arguments.

There are so many things you don't know and same with me but on the process it don't be arrogant.

Clearly, you do not understand Christianity. Christians are followers of Christ, books you quoted were for the Jews (children of Israel). Even at that, I doubt if the Jews still practice it today.

Part of where you quoted cos its new testament and concerns Christians:
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. - Romans 1:32

So how many folks did Apostle Paul kill? NONE. How about Jesus? NONE.

Now, you should know that in the new testament, death is ETERNAL DAMNATION often called the 2nd death (HELL). Where as, normal death is referred to as SLEEPING cos we will rise again. Example amongst many in the bible:

He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn. - Matthew 9:24
For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. - 1 Corinthians 11:30

I can explain the OLD TESTAMENT part as to the reason for the killings but its kinda lengthy.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by NumberOne3(m): 2:42am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:

First moral principles are quite different from socially acceptable actions postulated in different ways by different cultures.

From the definition i gave up there am sure you don't need any other person to help you recognize when an actions reduces human suffering or betters societal wellbeing, equality, justice, survival and freedom. .

Morality remains a collective human [size=20]Concept[/size] to represent a good action

So where does morality come in when a woman kills a baby (abortion)? What is the justification to kill?
I can understand medical complications to save the mothers life. However, how does an the death of an unwanted or untimed baby who poses no threat in your words
- reduces human suffering or betters societal wellbeing
- equality, justice, survival and freedom?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by menesheh(m): 6:00am On Jul 04, 2015
NumberOne3:

Clearly, you do not understand Christianity. Christians are followers of Christ, books you quoted were for the Jews (children of Israel). Even at that, I doubt if the Jews still practice it today.

Part of where you quoted cos its new testament and concerns Christians:
Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. - Romans 1:32

So how many folks did Apostle Paul kill? NONE. How about Jesus? NONE.

Now, you should know that in the new testament, death is ETERNAL DAMNATION often called the 2nd death (HELL). Where as, normal death is referred to as SLEEPING cos we will rise again. Example amongst many in the bible:

He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn. - Matthew 9:24
For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. - 1 Corinthians 11:30

I can explain the OLD TESTAMENT part as to the reason for the killings but its kinda lengthy.

[b]You understood Christianity clearly. undecided

-Is jesus the same as the Jewish god?
-Is god perfect?
-Why did god issue out such hideous laws at the first place?
-Are the jews not his people?
-Why the correction of old testament errors in the new the new testament?
--Why did he said that such law will guide them forever and ever?
-When is forever and ever coming to an end?
-Can a jew be a Christian?
-Why did jesus said he came to fulfill the same law and not abolish it?
-Is the old testament still relevant to Christians?
-Why even the need for jesus, a deity capable of creating the immense complexity of the gigantic universe, just belittle himself and still allowed himself to be tortured and executed by the creatures he created (his property) so that he will save himself?

Sir, there are things you know and those you didn't, in the future, you may discover those things and laugh at youself. You feel you know Christianity clearly and studied the bible too well, but in the process of it don't be arrogant. [/b]

1 Like

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 9:22am On Jul 04, 2015
NumberOne3:

So where does morality come in when a woman kills a baby (abortion)? What is the justification to kill?
I can understand medical complications to save the mothers life. However, how does an the death of an unwanted or untimed baby who poses no threat in your words
- reduces human suffering or betters societal wellbeing
- equality, justice, survival and freedom?

Ok just to be fair i don't understand your question, reconstruct it, this time make it more comprehendible
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by mustymatic(m): 10:49am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:

I just hope you know the bible god is just as guilty as the quran god on this
Guy if I can remember correctly u supported tha gay laws... which one is more barbaric?
they are all literally leading to extinction.... there is no such thing as being born that way, animals don't do that.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 10:59am On Jul 04, 2015
mustymatic:

Guy if I can remember correctly u supported tha gay laws... which one is more barbaric?
they are all literally leading to extinction.... there is no such thing as being born that way, animals don't do that.
[b]This is what happens when people don't study before making an assertion to address a matter.... First: I have no problem with gay laws because am not gay so it doesn't concern me...i choose to live my own life rather than worry over what people choose to do with themselves as long as it doesn't affect me, if they bring it to me then we have a problem.

Secondly what is barbaric in what two consenting adults decides to do with themselves? it is their decision same way its your decision to have sex with a woman.
Tell me how killing someone because he did something you don't like is not barbaric...

@bolded you clearly need to start reading your biology well and focus more of hormones.
numerous other animals have exhibited homosexual characters just like humans
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mammals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

Next time bro do your proper research before postulating an analogy in a public forum
[/b]
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by NumberOne3(m): 11:36am On Jul 04, 2015
menesheh:

[b]You understood Christianity clearly. undecided

-Is jesus the same as the Jewish god?
-Is god perfect?
-Why did god issue out such hideous laws at the first place?
-Are the jews not his people?
-Why the correction of old testament errors in the new the new testament?
--Why did he said that such law will guide them forever and ever?
-When is forever and ever coming to an end?
-Can a jew be a Christian?
-Why did jesus said he came to fulfill the same law and not abolish it?
-Is the old testament still relevant to Christians?
-Why even the need for jesus, a deity capable of creating the immense complexity of the gigantic universe, just belittle himself and still allowed himself to be tortured and executed by the creatures he created (his property) so that he will save himself?

Sir, there are things you know and those you didn't, in the future, you may discover those things and laugh at youself. You feel you know Christianity clearly and studied the bible too well, but in the process of it don't be arrogant. [/b]

Ok, just so I don't waste my time. Will it help if I answer those questions or will more questions come?

1 Like

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by NumberOne3(m): 11:37am On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:

Ok just to be fair i don't understand your question, reconstruct it, this time make it more comprehendible

From your definition of morality. Where is the moral ground for abortion.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 11:44am On Jul 04, 2015
NumberOne3:

From your definition of morality. Where is the moral ground for abortion.
To me it is not a moral action because it is a detriment to the survival of the fetus. . . . This is my own subjective ideology, heard that the church of england says it is ok and a gift from godsmiley . . . to me abortion is not right because i cannot kill my own child

if you have paid mind to my definition you would have laid emphasis on the "survival" and it should be easy to have discerned that abortion is goes against the survival of the fetus, then i think you wouldn't have asked me such question
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by menesheh(m): 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
NumberOne3:

Ok, just so I don't waste my time. Will it help if I answer those questions or will more questions come?

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by NumberOne2(m): 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2015
menesheh:

By evidence I assume you mean the bible? So how can I answer bible questions without relating to a bible which you don't believe?
Can you see the futility in answering? However, sometimes I answer for the sake of other Christians who can learn a thing or 2.

Hence I often wonder why Atheists bother asking questions about a book (Bible) they don't believe?
I will not ask a Muslim to explain the Koran. I will not believe. Rather I will point him to the bible which I believe.
However, there is no such reference book (even Science has) for Atheist except their minds (free thinking) which in todays World we have over 7 Billion minds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by mustymatic(m): 5:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnydon22:

[b]This is what happens when people don't study before making an assertion to address a matter.... First: I have no problem with gay laws because am not gay so it doesn't concern me...i choose to live my own life rather than worry over what people choose to do with themselves as long as it doesn't affect me, if they bring it to me then we have a problem.

Secondly what is barbaric in what two consenting adults decides to do with themselves? it is their decision same way its your decision to have sex with a woman.
Tell me how killing someone because he did something you don't like is not barbaric...

@bolded you clearly need to start reading your biology well and focus more of hormones.
numerous other animals have exhibited homosexual characters just like humans
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mammals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

Next time bro do your proper research before postulating an analogy in a public forum
[/b]
If those laws don't concern you since you're not gay, how does their laws concern you when you're not a Muslim
They are believers, you believe in nothing, that's a belief itself

1 Like

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 5:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
mustymatic:

If those laws don't concern you since you're not gay, how does their laws concern you when you're not a Muslim
people having sex with themselves doesn't affect us in anyway.

People killing other people affects humans because the people being killed and maimed are humans and killing people goes against human empathy, unless maybe your belief has rid you of your human empathy and compassion towards others. . . I for one value humans more

Yea unbelief is a belief just like OFF is a t.v channel cheesy
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by johnydon22(m): 8:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
menesheh:

Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by plappville(f): 10:29am On Nov 05, 2015
mustymatic:

I tire for @johhnnydon22 oo... grin
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by Amujale(m): 9:27pm On Oct 28, 2019
All Abrahamic religious text are false, fake and counterintuitive.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by Amujale(m): 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2019
All the authors of Abrahamic religious text are liars and fakers.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by Amujale(m): 9:44pm On Oct 28, 2019
The only intention of all Abrahamic religious text is to brainwash innocent people.

They attempt to replace real history with their manufactured version, also known as brainwashing.

So much so, that there are some that are completely brainwashed to the point whereby they would impose draconian laws on themselves in the form of these extreem type of Sharia.

O ga o.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by tartar9(m): 12:53am On Oct 29, 2019
Amujale:
All Abrahamic religious text are false, fake and counterintuitive.
...except from the Quran
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by Amujale(m): 9:26am On Nov 02, 2019
tartar9:

...except from the Quran

All of the Abrahamic religious text are false, fake and counterintuitive.
Re: Islamic Sharia Death Sentence On Kano 9, Is This Right? by oaroloye(m): 4:58pm On Nov 02, 2019
MISHIGAS!

johnydon22:
9 People has been sentenced to death in a Sharia court in Kano.

When first i came across this staggering headline, things running through my mind was: "Did they kill someone?" "Did they rape a girl to death?" to my surprise it was "Because of blasphemy"

Blasphemy on what and who. . what nonsense stupendous blasphemy demands the death of humans.

My question was; Is an insult on a dead man worth the life of 9people?

In fact an insult on a dead man, is it worth the life of anything even a dog?
For crying out loud, a dead man is a dead man and a living one is a living one.

Why has this religious laws reduced human judgement to a chronic barbaric state that you see such occurrence at which a supposed human dims it ok to take the life of 9 people because they spoke against a dead man of almost 1.6k years ago.

It is sheer barbarism and unfathomable. it is disheartening that a human can regard this to be justice.

This "KANO 9" of 2015 should not be confused with the "KANO 9" of 2019.

I really think that the ages of Posters should be declared, so that people can know whether they are hearing from an immature brat, or an slowpoke.

johnydon22:

[i]A dead man is a dead man, why should a dead man be the reason for the living to loose their lives?

What happened to the simple fundamental human right of free speech. . . I think the 21st century has developed far enough as to not give room for such evil and barbaric acts. Why should judgement be based on the egoistic sentiment of a set of people or maybe the concept of justice changes its meaning when it enters the scope of religion cus this is nothing near justice or right. . .

You really are not intelligent enough to understand the issues at stake, here.

What if someone were insulting your own father?

You wouldn't seek to kill someone who insulted your dead father in your presence? The Prophet Muhammad is much more important to Muslims than their own parents.

I am no fan of the Islamic Religion, which, according to my Belief System, is false. But Muhammad laid a foundation for Civilization that has served them well for sixteen hundred years.

This Civilization is based upon mutual respect among Muslims for each other, as well as their Prophet.

If anyone of them discards that, they know the penalty, and should be willing to pay it.

They should be trying to divide Islam into those who respect Muhammad, and those who don't. The next step would be for those who disrespected the Prophet to go to war against those who respect him- because that is what such renegades must be willing to do, before uttering such statements- unless they are suicidal.

johnydon22:

This is a question for muslims
"Is the killing of 9 humans because they blasphemed a justifiable act?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-33283261

Investigating what the fuss is about, it emerges that this is no random act: the offenders are followers of the Senegalese TIJANIYA Sect of SHEIKH IBRAHIM NIASSE- whom I personally know nothing about. SUFISM I know a little about.

Sufism is to Islam what ESSENISM was to Judaism, similar to what PENTECOSTALISM is to "ordinary" Christianity.

If Radical Islam is like Islam on Marijuana, Sufism is like Islam on Cocaine. There is no accidentally blaspheming with those people. They knew exactly what they were doing.

They were trying to start a WAR between SUNNI ISLAM and SUFISM.

The SHARIA Government was very low of viable options.

To say that IBRAHIM NIASSE is "bigger" than Prophet MUHAMMAD is idiotic- clearly, there is no comparison.

Muhammad has over a thousand million followers, whereas not even I ever heard of this Niasse guy until a few minutes ago.

Without knowing anything more about him, I can say that he is not an Original Thinker. He didn't invent Sufism. I doubt that he knows anything beyond what the Sufis taught him.

If he could not teach his followers to mind their manners toward their own patron, what good could he possibly be?

Just because you are an ignorant Atheist, that is no excuse for being a dunce. Anyone should be able to appreciate the Spiritual Leader of 1/6 of the World's population, and understand the need for respect toward his status.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Overcome The Evil Traps Satan Has Set For You As A Man Of God / Holy Ghost Fire: Is It Biblical? / Speaking In Tongues: Is It Real Language Or Garrulous Babble?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.