Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk (7855 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Giving Birth In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk by grillade4u: 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2009
please i need advice!!!
i was on a visit with a 6 months visa to the UK. 7 months pregnant, i developed complications and had to have my baby in the UK I paid £2,000 advance for delivery of my baby and paid the deposit of £108 on the day i was discharged , amounting to £2,108 i had to pay. i left for my country when my baby was OK fly precisely 3 months 4days after my entry into the UK. My invoice shows my correct date of birth and names, but i was refused a renewal of my visa by the British commission, saying i gave the hospital a false date of birth and names. But the invoice issued me by the hospital Carry's correct data. My refusal also says i gave birth in the UK when i stated i was going for site-seeing and shopping. BUT i was shopping for the arrival of my baby!!!!!!!!!! sad

i recently got my medical records retrieved from the hospital, my name is same on passport, but date of birth was wrongly dated as 5th instead of 6th as on my passport. BUT THE INVOICE RECRECEIVED FROM THE ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT OF THE HOSPITAL STATES 6th WHICH IS CORRECT AND WHAT I HAVE ON MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT. shocked

PLEASE: advice as i am getting ready to put in another application to counter their claim as the hospital seem to have two dates in their records for whatever reason. thanks
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk by Treetop20(m): 10:17pm On Mar 03, 2009
let me get this
you came here when you were
7months pregnant for site seeing and shopping?
shocked
Re: Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk by cvibe: 8:40am On Mar 04, 2009
@ poster

Visit the home office website to read the immigration rules.
Re: Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk by shapey(f): 9:13am On Mar 04, 2009
@ poster,

This is a tricky one my dear. It may be quite difficult to convince them, especially if you do not have strong evidence such as a letter from the hospital stating that the mostake was theirs. Another thing they wil most DEFINITELY hold against you is the fact that you had your baby here when you put on ur VAF that you were coming for sight seeing and shopping ----sight-seeing and shopping when your pregnancy is 7months?? YOu may need to convince them. I have a very close friend who works in the home office somewhere in the UK. I will speak to her and get back to you. One thing is sure,your getting that visa is on the balance.

this is like a case where a certain lady was ''caught'' with prov. license, NHS cards and oyster card as a visitor, undecided You have to convince them my dear.

Have a good day.
Re: Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk by funkybaby(f): 3:04pm On Mar 04, 2009
Treetop20:

let me get this
you came here when you were
7months pregnant for site seeing and shopping?
shocked

Lol.

@poster
Best you just appeal.
That way the judge will take his time to carefully look at your documents and listen to your oral version of your side of the story. The judge might also run checks with the hospital to confirm if really there was a mixup in DOB

I do not see BHC calling you for any interview or running any other checks.
The fact that you were found out to have had the baby in UK while on a visiting visa is bad news and it will definately affect any of your subsequent applications.
Re: Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk by JJYOU: 3:13pm On Mar 04, 2009
shapey:

@ poster,

This is a tricky one my dear. It may be quite difficult to convince them, especially if you do not have strong evidence such as a letter from the hospital stating that the mostake was theirs. Another thing they wil most DEFINITELY hold against you is the fact that you had your baby here when you put on ur VAF that you were coming for sight seeing and shopping ----sight-seeing and shopping when your pregnancy is 7months?? YOu may need to convince them. I have a very close friend who works in the home office somewhere in the UK. I will speak to her and get back to you. One thing is sure,your getting that visa is on the balance.

this is like a case where a certain lady was ''caught'' with prov. license, NHS cards and oyster card as a visitor, undecided You have to convince them my dear.

Have a good day.
oyster card as in the new london transport tickets. cant visitors buy that? nhs and licence? that is nigerians for you.

i will advice u remove your email address from your profile becos of this statement
I have a very close friend who works in the home office somewhere in the UK. I will speak to her and get back to you. One thing is sure,your getting that visa is on the balance.
Re: Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk by shapey(f): 7:29pm On Mar 04, 2009
JJYOU,

Thanks again. kiss What will they do to me? grin Anyway, I have removed my email like you said. Have a good evening.
Re: Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk by ilaugh1: 7:36pm On Mar 04, 2009
Poster

You cant get shit - just sit down for your country - seven months pregnant? How did you get on the airplane?
Re: Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk by meetyommy: 11:04am On Mar 05, 2009
I had a related case couple of months back and still on it, most likely the decisions will go in my clients favor, i ll keep you updated if you need that.i think its just best that you appeal the case if you are truly justified that the decision of the FCO should have been otherwise.
you claim there are documents to substantiate that fact in it? that's the more reason why you should appeal,
Re: Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk by grillade4u: 4:20pm On Mar 05, 2009
@ meetyommy.
thanks i would really appreciate that. but can i appeal when i didn't apply with an invitation letter. i got a reservation at some hotel in the UK. BUT MY REFUSAL FORM STATES I HAVE A RIGHT OF APPEAL. AM CONFUSED
Re: Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk by Pataki: 6:01pm On Mar 05, 2009
What are you confused over? You have a right of appeal, then utilize it. It is simple as ABC.
Re: Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk by bigbumper(f): 6:10pm On Mar 05, 2009
grillade4u:

please i need advice!!!
i was on a visit with a 6 months visa to the UK. 7 months pregnant, i developed complications and had to have my baby in the UK I paid £2,000 advance for delivery of my baby and paid the deposit of £108 on the day i was discharged , amounting to £2,108 i had to pay. i left for my country when my baby was OK fly precisely 3 months 4days after my entry into the UK. My invoice shows my correct date of birth and names, but i was refused a renewal of my visa by the British commission, saying i gave the hospital a false date of birth and names. But the invoice issued me by the hospital Carry's correct data. My refusal also says i gave birth in the UK when i stated i was going for site-seeing and shopping. BUT i was shopping for the arrival of my baby!!!!!!!!!! sad

i recently got my medical records retrieved from the hospital, my name is same on passport, but date of birth was wrongly dated as 5th instead of 6th as on my passport. BUT THE INVOICE RECRECEIVED FROM THE ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT OF THE HOSPITAL STATES 6th WHICH IS CORRECT AND WHAT I HAVE ON MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT. shocked

PLEASE: advice as i am getting ready to put in another application to counter their claim as the hospital seem to have two dates in their records for whatever reason. thanks
[color=#006600][/color]

Most Airlines would allow pregnant women up to 32 weeks so you have not broken any law by travelling whilst 7 months pregnant. I have not seen a visa form before as such, and I am sure there is nowhere it stipulates that you have to state whether you are pregnant and how far gone you are.

Moreover you are allowed to stay the maximum six months on a valid visitors visa at any one time and you left their country as soon as the Doctors certified your baby fit to fly, so I don't see any crime you have committed.

What you need to do is appeal via the BCM in Lagos so that the ECM can take another look at it, before forwarding it to UK with all the documents from the hospital painstakingly highlighted, to show the error came from their side. You also have to explain nicely to their thick skull that it was not your wish to develop pregnancy complications and have your baby delivered before its due date and give birth to a pre-term (premature) baby undecided

Also ram home the fact that you paid the hospital fees in advance, so it was not like you wanted to flee and were chased and forced to pay. The baby came at 7 months as nature intended and I am sure the last thing on your mind whilst your baby is in hospital is shopping and sight-seeing.

You were given a right to appeal, so go for it, don't question it, take it as a blessing in disguise. The ECM would probably pick up the error and overrule the refusal decision, because the Judges in the UK would blast them for giving you a right of appeal, when they should not have.

If you can, write to the Hospital asking them to correct their error in writing and later forward this to the appeal section in Lagos.
Re: Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 05, 2009
kai, i'd like to believe you are genuine about your going intentions in the UK.
I dont know if you sought medical advice before travelling cos I doubt any doctor would have advice you to travel while heavily pregnant.

well, i would advice you stop at nothing to prove your point/innocence cos if the case goes against you then kiss the UK goodbye for sometime.
The home office is out to stop people especially Africans and to be precise West africans and specifically Nigerians from coming to the Uk for just about any reason.
Re: Visitor Giving Birth In The Uk by hannydarl(f): 5:45pm On Sep 03, 2012
Its allowed to travel while pregnant upto 32wks that is, 8wks before baby is due(I traveled at 32wks) but you have to present a doctors report stating all is well and you are fit to fly. Even at that, nature will still take its course. A fall, sad news, twist of fate, etc may cause plans and pronouncement to change nau. maybe some countires may not grant some types of visa to heavily prego women who dont have documentation to deliver baby there(Not sure,don't know). Apeal nau, those in the know have adviced.

(1) (Reply)

U.k Visa 10 Year Ban Question For Justwise Urgent / Anyone Tired Or Bored Of Living In A Western Country, / Are You Planning To Study In Turkey? Pls Lets Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.