Stats: 3,154,380 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? (1394 Views)

How Plot Against Buhari Failed At House Of Reps / DSS Implicates Governor In Plot Against Fed Govt / Tinubu Under Security Watch Over Alleged Plot Against Buhari (2) (3) (4)

Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by Hardrockyng: 8:48am On Jul 02, 2015
The Arewa Consultative Forum, took what appeared to be a subtle swipe at the Yoruba ethnic group, on Wednesday, July 1.

The swipe by the ACF was in reaction to the statement by APC Chieftain, Bisi Akande, who asserted that the emergence of Bukola Saraki and Yakubu Dogara was a conspiracy by the North against the Yoruba.

Akande had said: “Most Northern elites, the Nigerian oil subsidy barons and other business cartels who never liked President Buhari’s anti-corruption political stance are quickly backing-up the rebellion against the APC with strong support. While other position seekers are waiting in the wings until Buhari’s ministers are announced, a large section of the South-West sees the rebellion as a ‘conspiracy of the North against the Yoruba”.
http://ynaija.com/north-south-west-yoruba-bisi-akande-arewa-consultative-forum/

Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by glimpse33(m): 8:48am On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 02, 2015
am as speechless as a cow bout to b slaughtered
Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by olanje: 8:53am On Jul 02, 2015
grin undecidedQuestion for the flat headed Amala eaters grin

Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by Juxtified(m): 9:00am On Jul 02, 2015
Yoruba is not one tribe
Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by HopeAtHand: 9:04am On Jul 02, 2015
No one plotted nothing.

Politics is a game of interests. Bisi Akandes letter is very distasteful in any way you look at it..So he intended a govt of only Yoruba and North, excluding the SE and SS..its very annoying the greedy tribalism that man expressed..it is even unsulting calling them North because there are many tribes there and they should be recognised separately as we di here in the South.

If Akande doesn't know, politicians esp SS have been pouring money trying to frustrate yoruba stranglehold..lemme see what he can do about it...

Nigeria is for everyone, you have VP and deputy speaker while SS have nothing yet and you're writing letters.Rubbish.

Pazienza, Abagworo please talk sense to gbawe, raumdeuter.
Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by Lilyomi(f): 9:17am On Jul 02, 2015
What cn we say o? Ok those below will say it all....
Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by HopeAtHand: 9:20am On Jul 02, 2015
In a country of 250tribes a VP and a deputy speaker is fair enough considering the peculiarity of Nigeria.

If yoruba want to control the country do it the correct way, field a candidate and allow him contest presidential election..if he wins good.

Do not attempt to frustrate Buharis govt and other Nigerians by extension through underhand tactics and petty blackmail..You cant be deciding how and who a president picks for whatever position simply because you midwifed a party and the platform brought electoral victory.

Let this end.

Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by anulaxad(m): 9:27am On Jul 02, 2015
Juxtified:
Yoruba is not one tribe

It clearly is. It may have sub groups such as the ijebus e.g but they are all one ethnic group. That indeed is a very positive thing indeed. It's the main reason why yorubas don't clash or have tiny ethnic battles e.g. Yorubaland goes as far as togo.

I'm telling you yorubas are one tribe, the south west is not like the south east or the north which is divided by way to many ethnic minorities, it's straight up simple in the southwest.

The irony of this is that the main reason why Yorubas tend to be so united is because of the historic Benin empire yet modern day Benin(edo state) have their own dialect and many will not consider them proper Yoruba.
Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 02, 2015
Juxtified:
Yoruba is not one tribe
how many tribes is Yoruba?

Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by funkybully(f): 9:35am On Jul 02, 2015
Cowardly backstabbers.

Una never jam
Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by jordy101(m): 10:40am On Jul 02, 2015
anulaxad:

It clearly is. It may have sub groups such as the ijebus e.g but they are all one ethnic group. That indeed is a very positive thing indeed. It's the main reason why yorubas don't clash or have tiny ethnic battles e.g. Yorubaland goes as far as togo.

I'm telling you yorubas are one tribe, the south west is not like the south east or the north which is divided by way to many ethnic minorities, it's straight up simple in the southwest.

The irony of this is that the main reason why Yorubas tend to be so united is because of the historic Benin empire yet modern day Benin(edo state) have their own dialect and many will not consider them proper Yoruba.
all I know is that the wickedness of the wicked shall befall the wicked. for your information, southeast don't have ethnic minority.

Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by sammyj: 10:55am On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by anulaxad(m): 1:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
jordy101:
all I know is that the wickedness of the wicked shall befall the wicked. for your information, southeast don't have ethnic minority.

When I am talking about the south-east I am talking about the the whole south-east which includes the south-south, there is the main ethic group of which all south-easterners descended from; the igbos. Then there are the other ethnic minorities or groups ( or whatever you like to call it) such as the Ijaws, the Ebibo, Efik and even the Urhobo and so much others.

I don't understand what your implying about the wickedness rant,but do remember Jonathan our recently dissolved president who was widely voted and acclaimed because he came from an ethic minority and a humble background.
Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
HopeAtHand:
No one plotted nothing.

Politics is a game of interests. Bisi Akandes letter is very distasteful in any way you look at it..So he intended a govt of only Yoruba and North, excluding the SE and SS..its very annoying the greedy tribalism that man expressed..it is even unsulting calling them North because there are many tribes there and they should be recognised separately as we di here in the South.

If Akande doesn't know, politicians esp SS have been pouring money trying to frustrate yoruba stranglehold..lemme see what he can do about it...

Nigeria is for everyone, you have VP and deputy speaker while SS have nothing yet and you're writing letters.Rubbish.

Pazienza, Abagworo please talk sense to gbawe, raumdeuter.

This foool just leave SE out of your silly fight.
Yoruba people should slug it out with their masters let's see how the mudfight will go. grin grin grin grin

Yollobar vs Arewa next on SonyMax cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by Juxtified(m): 3:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
anulaxad:

You know why they're not one tribe? Apart from the obvious fact that there are many sub-ethnic groups ( some may choose to call them clans) like the Egbas & Ijebus as you have mentioned, the yorubas are the most disjointed, politically disunited sets of people in the country. The only common denominator is the language, which if you listen carefully, you'll still see the difference.
The Benins you mentioned have just one Oba, the Oba of Benin. All other traditional rulers are subject to the Oba. They speak with one voice. That, my friend, is unity. That is unity. How many Obas are there among the yorubas? In yorubaland there's a king at every corner of every street - Oba of Lagos, Oni of Ife, Alaafin of Oyo, Oba of Ilora.... Not to talk of the silent strife among themselves. The average yoruba man does not want his brother to succeed or be better than him. While trying to move forward, he's making sure at the same time that his brother lags behind. This is why the Yorubas never has a consensus candidate for any election, why they have never had a leader since Chief Awolowo.
Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by anulaxad(m): 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
Juxtified:

You know why they're not one tribe? Apart from the obvious fact that there are many sub-ethnic groups ( some may choose to call them clans) like the Egbas & Ijebus as you have mentioned, the yorubas are the most disjointed, politically disunited sets of people in the country. The only common denominator is the language, which if you listen carefully, you'll still see the difference.
The Benins you mentioned have just one Oba, the Oba of Benin. All other traditional rulers are subject to the Oba. They speak with one voice. That, my friend, is unity. That is unity. How many Obas are there among the yorubas? In yorubaland there's a king at every corner of every street - Oba of Lagos, Oni of Ife, Alaafin of Oyo, Oba of Ilora.... Not to talk of the silent strife among themselves. The average yoruba man does not want his brother to succeed or be better than him. While trying to move forward, he's making sure at the same time that his brother lags behind. This is why the Yorubas never has a consensus candidate for any election, why they have never had a leader since Chief Awolowo.

Right, I am not a tribalist bigot so I will not respond to this in the way you are looking for.
The ijebus of Egba are not ethnic minorities their just a sub groups, we all speak one language which is Yoruba, we are not divided among so many ethnic minorities or groups like they are in the south-east or the north we belong to one ethnic group.

Your ranting is absolute nonsense. People who live all the way from the east side of Ogun such as my aunties have to Benin(the country) and still understand their Yoruba. Stop deceiving yourself it is called pathetic fallacy, I don't know what group you belong to but ignorance is eating you up don't comment on stuff you clearly don't understand. Thank you. undecided
Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by Juxtified(m): 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
anulaxad:

Right, I am not a tribalist bigot so I will not respond to this in the way you are looking for.
The ijebus of Egba are not ethnic minorities their just a sub groups, we all speak one language which is Yoruba, we are not divided among so many ethnic minorities or groups like they are in the south-east or the north we belong to one ethnic group.

Your ranting is absolute nonsense. People who live all the way from the east side of Ogun such as my aunties have to Benin(the country) and still understand their Yoruba. Stop deceiving yourself it is called pathetic fallacy, I don't know what group you belong to but ignorance is eating you up don't comment on stuff you clearly don't understand. Thank you. undecided
I was actually happy to see your opening statement of not being a tribalist/bigot, and was prepared to engage you in an illuminating discussion (illuminating for both of us, that is). But as soon as I insults started flying in, I had to accept the fact that its probably not worth it...
Re: Why Should The North (with 230 Tribes) Plot Against Just 1 Tribe- Yoruba? by omolami: 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
ASK YOUR CO NORTHERNERS WHO FOR LONG KNOW HOW TO USE AND DUMP. I BLAME TUNUBU FOR EVERYTHING

VP Osinbajo Welcomes President Buhari In Abuja, After His Trip To Cameroon / Aregbesola's Impeachment :judge Recommended For Punishment. / Were I Senate President Saraki, I Would Resign Today!