Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) (1412 Views)

PDP Announces ‘amnesty’ For Sheriff, Cairo, Others / BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) / President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram - Breaking Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Azazi(m): 11:29am On Aug 07, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved amnesty for the Boko Haram
terrorist group, a top presidential source who spoke to BREAKING TIMES on
condition of anonymity disclosed on Thursday.
According to the source, President Buhari has concluded plans on the
amnesty grant for Boko Haram and the official announcement is expected
shortly after discussions between government negotiators and Boko Haram
terrorists have reached a fairly advanced stage.
“I can authoritatively tell you that the issue has gone beyond a plan,
President Buhari has concluded on the issue, granted approvals and it will be
announced soon,” the source said.
Contrary to earlier reports, which suggested that the Nigerian government is
open to negotiations with Boko Haram alongside considerations of amnesty
in a deal expected to put an end to the mass killings of innocent Nigerian
citizens by the dreaded terrorist group, our source hinted that the idea of
amnesty is not one Boko Haram has accepted.
“President Buhari is actually acting proactively by offering amnesty to them
in the hope of sealing a ceasefire deal with the terrorists. From all
indications, Boko Haram has not agreed to lay down their arms for amnesty.
But this new offer by President Buhari is expected to soften the terms of
negotiation with them”, the source disclosed.
Recently, President Muhammadu Buhari declared that he is ready to
negotiate with the dreaded Boko Haram terrorists, according to his
spokesperson, Femi Adesina. Adesina disclosed this in an interview with
BBC Africa. He said if Boko Haram members are willing, the president will
negotiate with them.
However, this seems to be against the earlier stance of Buhari who during
his campaign, promised not to negotiate with the insurgents if elected as
president.
“Boko Haram is not interested in peace – if they are interested in peace, how
can they kill 13,000 Nigerians?” the former military ruler told BBC News in
February.
As news of presidential amnesty for Boko Haram filters from the Presidential
villa, it is not immediately clear why President Buhari has adopted the carrot
approach to dealing with the Boko Haram menace.
“There must be a strategy behind it that we may not know about. You know
the President is a retired military general and just returned from a trip to the
US where he had discussions with President Obama on this Boko Haram
issue. We can only watch events unfold within the next few days”, a security
source told BREAKING TIMES.
In 2013 as leader of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Buhari
backed amnesty for Boko Haram. According to him; “Yes, it is good they
have set up a committee and I haven’t seen the terms of reference, but it is
the right thing to do. This is not the first time amnesty will be given to … eh..
what shall I call them, a violent group; remember what happened with Alhaji
Musa Yar’Adua and the militants. So, this is not the first time. Whatever that
will bring peace to the society, we should do it.”
Boko Haram killed more than 13,000 civilians between 2009 and 2015,
including around 10,000 in 2014, in attacks occurring mainly in northeast
Nigeria. Upwards of 1.5 million people have been displaced in the streaks of
their wanton bloodshed and violence.
Source: Premium Times
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Paschal001: 11:32am On Aug 07, 2015
OK... But wait, wat kind of amnesty, d last I remembered their demand was " western education eradication and total is lamination of Nigeria". .. so how the amnesty wan take go.. ..
Sipping my juice and watching Buhari in 3D

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by dejavski(m): 11:32am On Aug 07, 2015
What are the Virgin-seeking cannibals fighting for angry nothing

No reason whatsoever in other words impossiCANT undecided

*Observing BUBU in HD*

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Teekrayne(m): 11:33am On Aug 07, 2015
Are you kidding me? Crush these slowpokes pls.... What about those who they have killed Wailing Wailers, is Baba slow @ this one again?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Swaggzkid: 11:38am On Aug 07, 2015
grin

I reserve my comments
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Iykestix: 11:38am On Aug 07, 2015
the fear of many (tanoids especially) is now a reality.

Naija na wa
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by jars9: 11:39am On Aug 07, 2015
Amnesty for a terrorist organisation:smh for:9ja.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Themonster: 11:42am On Aug 07, 2015
Buhari is not a terrorist in the class of Osama bin Laden rather am telling you this that Buhari is an illiterate terrorist
-Nasir Elrufai (june 23 2015

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 07, 2015
If this is true chai,buhari don fall my hand,

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Imortal001: 11:46am On Aug 07, 2015
Amnesty?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 07, 2015
How true is this news
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by efilefun(m): 12:00pm On Aug 07, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by idupaul: 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2015
The more you know Buhari the more confused u become .granting amnesty to terrorist is a low for Mr president
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Enki40(m): 12:17pm On Aug 07, 2015
Though, this is contradictory to his earlier statement on this issue. I'm all for a better and greater Nigeria.

www.punchng.com/news/i-wont-grant-amnesty-to-boko-haram-buhari/

www.thebreakingtimes.com/buhari-approves-amnesty-for-boko-haram/

I'm for the progress of Nigeria. So, if President Buhari has come to realize that granting amnesty to the Boko Haram Islamic Terrorists will stop this menace and massacre, then it's welcome. We all should be working toward Peace, Love, Unity and Progress for a better and greater Nigeria if we truly have Nigeria at heart.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Samunique(m): 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
This news had better been a joke !!!
If not...................undecided
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Opinedecandid(m): 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2015
Nonsense!
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Samunique(m): 12:31pm On Aug 07, 2015
Enki40:
Though, this is contradictory to his earlier statement on this issue. I'm all for a better and greater Nigeria.

I'm for the progress of Nigeria. So, if President Buhari has come to realize that granting amnesty to the Boko Haram Islamic Terrorists will stop this menace and massacre, then it's welcome. We all should be working toward Peace, Love, Unity and Progress for a better and greater Nigeria if we truly have Nigeria at heart.
I don't think u understand the gravity of what u are saying !!!

Give a terror group with deadly religious ideology amnesty

What about those who lost their lives or loved ones to their onslaught

What happens to them?

The news had better not be true, cause if it is, noting in this world will convince again that buhari knows noting about bokoharam.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Sunnymatey(m): 1:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
under wat agreement, are the boys ready to lay down their arms now? why was the negotiation done in secret. nigerian needs answers. once a dictator, .........?
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by omolami: 1:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
Am sure that bokoharam will soon come out to reject the amnesty. Its all 419 no truth in it.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 07, 2015
Enki40:

How I wish any of your family members or your parent was among those slaughtered by this terror group, then you won't have mouth to vomit this trash you just did now! May God seal that your mouth there, idiot!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING NEWS: President Buhari Approves Amnesty For Boko Haram (DETAILS) by fr3do(m): 3:25pm On Aug 07, 2015
I need confirmation

(1) (Reply)

Sex Workers In Ogun Battle Ritual Killers / Chibok Girls: Army Invades Sambisa Forest, Rescued Some Girls And Items / FG Suspends Second Niger Bridge Construction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.