Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? (38955 Views)

If You Were Not Born When Nigeria Existence Was Negotiated Blame Yourself / Evolution Of The Nigerian Currency : Which One Did You Meet? (Pictures) / Exposé: Intel's Secret Documents Why SS Seaports Will Never Be In Use [must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by Mariojane(f): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
Sarimah:
I was born during the coin era grin
cowries sef not coin grin
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by hollandeez(m): 1:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
Vividly remba spendin d latter currency in d 80s
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by elohorayodele: 1:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
kennygee:

Not even in my late twenties

grin

now lets assume you are 25 maximum, means you were born in 1990.

how old where you when you spent those coins ? shocked

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by Sarimah(f): 1:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mariojane:
cowries sef not coin grin
haha.. Cowries?

How are your great grand children madam? grin
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by Mekky05(m): 1:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
I used 1naira note of "Herbert Macauley". And also 5kobo, 10kobo,50kobo,1naira coins back then.
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by Kimeto(f): 1:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
If you were born when these were in use, you really shouldn't be on Nairaland. *claps* Uncle *claps* go *claps* and fain *claps* job *claps*
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by Fembleez1(m): 1:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
my grandpa saw this now and e sent me to his drawer and i'm amazed he still has them in his locket. many things he bought with such currency are still within this family house. mehn,...........papa don old gan ni o, 79 no be play play o

meanwhile, them never dream to born my paale then grin

i still dey rock the amplifier(the bass no be for here) and some few old school jumpay suit cool
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by emamos: 1:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mariojane:
sorry oooo but the last time I saw five naira, I think it is the same 6ive naira in your pix or am I wrong? Cos they look the same oooo
old and new #5

Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by RICKYMARIO(m): 1:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
Sparrow13:
I used it in my former life
When you were still a sparrow?
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by emamos: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
More

Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
I was alive then..I kindoff died and came back am 19...if you wanna know about my story...read the bible....
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by tevinsolt: 1:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
glimpse33:
I was an angel in heaven as at that point in time

cool

so you were cast down to earth because you chose to fight alongside Lucifer, are u a demon in disguise?
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
Tallesty1:
Wonders what a person who used them would be doing on nairaland.
lolzzzzzz ask dem grin
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by omoadeleye(m): 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
glimpse33:

cool

angel ko, have you read from Genesis to Revelation and saw where they made mention of woman angel?
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
Tallesty1:

What an ageist comment
Very polarising....and bad
angry
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by emamos: 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
More pics

Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by Tallesty1(m): 2:33pm On Jul 02, 2015
milychocs:

What an ageist comment
Very polarising....and bad
angry
A recent research says that 15% of people will see something bad in everything one does or says.

No need asking if you are among the 15%.
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by Mariojane(f): 2:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
emamos:
old and new #5
HmMm say the truth when were you born? I can hardly differentiate them smiley
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by emamos: 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mariojane:
HmMm say the truth when were you born? I can hardly differentiate them smiley
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by Alexander001(m): 2:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
glimpse33:

cool
nawa oo, na 6g you dey use?
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by Sagamite(m): 2:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
I used them to pay for my high school education fees. cheesy
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by OsamaB: 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
glimpse33:

cool

You still sure look like an angel here on earth dear wink

1 Like

Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by ugoezeik(m): 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
wen I was small I remember my dad used 3pounds to build our 6rooms n parlour den
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by hibbayueei(m): 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
E bi like say dem don born me dat time oh..

HAVE YOU HEARD THAT.... You can now carry your files/music/video on your OTG Flash Drive and read/play on your mobile android phones or Tablets any where you are... OTG Flash drive are available at a very reduced price... For more information, pls check my signature/Profile.
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by 2tips: 5:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
iluvweed:
grin
What about this?
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by 2tips: 5:10pm On Jul 02, 2015
They spend that in the federal republic of weed where you come from.
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by jerrybakermillz(m): 5:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
I still have the counterfeit of that money
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by agent9(m): 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
dat was in d 1960s...if i could remember

una bliv?

Godwin
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
EllisMorgan:

Olodo.. like seriously?
A simple question deserves dis harsh response? I'll pass... i forgive u.

D reason i asked is becos d building is really big judging by d time dat currency was.
Nigeria should be more developed dan what it is now.
happy 16th birthday. 16? your face looks it though. Do not be bothered about the insults, Nairaland is a site where mad men and gentlemen alike can be found, so if you get quoted by the mad ones among them don't be perturbed.

Just post your opinion and give no fuc.k..s.
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by NobleG1(m): 6:10am On Jul 03, 2015
That Stamp was used in 1959 while the one pound was 1967.

From 1973 to 1978, 1 naira was valued at GB£6.50 (US$10.40).

Today, 2,068.56 naira is valued at GB£6.66 (US$10.40).

What a shame!
Re: Check Out These Old Nigerian ‪currency‬. Were You Born When These Were In Use? by coputa(m): 6:41am On Jul 03, 2015
Tallesty1:
Age is no barrier to learning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buratai Bought Second Dubai Property Days After Appointment - Sahara Reporters / See Pictures Of Enugu Miliken Hill Road At Night As Gov Ugwuanyi Lights It Up / Seyi Makinde Visits Demolished Fresh FM In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.