Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide (919 Views)

PHOTO: Former Senate President David Mark's HELIPAD In Benue / Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura / FG Builds Helipad For Buhari In Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by Frankiss44(m): 11:01am On Jul 02, 2015
Buhari not first president to enjoy helipad facility —Aide
Written by:
Shola Adekola-Lagos

THE ongoing criticism trailing the plan to build a helipad for President Muhammadu Buhari in Daura, Katsina State, to ease his movement anytime he wants to visit his home town may not be a big deal after all.

This became obvious on Wednesday in the reaction of the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Sheu, while speaking with the Nigerian Tribune on telephone.

According to Sheu, the idea of building a helipad for President Buhari would not be the first of its kind in the countr.

Going down the memory lane, Sheu cited how past presidents, including Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and Dr Goodluck Jonathan, enjoyed similar facilities during their administrations.

Sheu who wondered why the issue was generating criticism, adding that constructing helipad for the president “is not a big project, since helicopter can land on a small space.”

According to him, “this is not the first time a helipad is being built for a president. President Obasanjo built a helipad in his Hiltop mansion in Abeokuta Ogun State. We are talking about a helipad and not an airport, even a helicopter can land on a verandah. We are talking about Nigerian president.”

Since the plan by the Federal Government to build a helipad in Daura had been made public, many Nigerians had taken to the social media to express their feelings, with some saying it was ill-timed.

According to the Managing Director of Finum Air Services, Sheri Kyari, the construction of a helipad is not a big project, adding that since this was not the first time it would be happening, there should be no misgivings about it this time.

President Buhari travels by road to Daura from Katsina airport, which is said to have necessitated building the helipad to help his trips to his home town.
Headlines
http://tribuneonlineng.com/content/buhari-not-first-president-enjoy-helipad-facility-%E2%80%94aide
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by INTROVERT(f): 11:01am On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by ELTON123(m): 11:05am On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by bobbiekrantz: 11:05am On Jul 02, 2015
That girl above me no get work ni?

This Old fill should simply get to work!!
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by bobbiekrantz: 11:06am On Jul 02, 2015
That girl above me no get work ni?

This Old fool should simply get to work!!
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by Buchi11(f): 11:06am On Jul 02, 2015
undecided
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by Frankiss44(m): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2015
LOLZ....... SO MUCH HATRED
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by mourinho: 11:18am On Jul 02, 2015
INTROVERT is a very fast machine n NL that follows all thread!
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by merry02(m): 11:19am On Jul 02, 2015
How many ppl dey speak for presidency ?
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by libertyfather(m): 11:20am On Jul 02, 2015
I tire ooooo, what's in helipad? No be ordinary cement?
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 02, 2015
Dullardinhooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 02, 2015
Euro31:
President Buhari
ROTFLWKMD!
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by Frankiss44(m): 11:26am On Jul 02, 2015
libertyfather:
I tire ooooo, what's in helipad? No be ordinary cement?

ORDINARY CEMENT INDEED.... E GO SHOCK YOU WHEN THE FINAL PICTURE GO COME OUT.
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 02, 2015
Dnarvaez:

ROTFLWKMD!
nairaland and word censors .... They change Dullardinhoooo to president buhari lool
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by Frankiss44(m): 11:27am On Jul 02, 2015
merry02:
How many ppl dey speak for presidency ?

LOL...QUESTION FOR THE gods
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 02, 2015
He should build the hrlipad as his first Capital project for Nigeria. Idiotic morons leading us
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by Young03(m): 11:30am On Jul 02, 2015
is dat the change dey promised us?

naija don tire me sef, I de go Ghana go nationalize
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by libertyfather(m): 11:31am On Jul 02, 2015
Frankiss44:

ORDINARY CEMENT INDEED.... E GO SHOCK YOU WHEN THE FINAL PICTURE GO COME OUT.

Helipads are usually constructed out of concrete and are marked with a circle and/or a letter "H", so as to be visible from the air. However, they are not always constructed out of concrete; sometimes forest fire fighters will construct a temporary timber-strictured helipad to receive supplies in remote areas. Rig mats may be used to build helipads. Landing pads may also be constructed in extreme conditions such as on ice....
So what's special about it?
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 02, 2015
Since Abacha and IBB stole us dry then he should do same because other presidents did it.

Change indeed

Daura dulllard
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 02, 2015
Euro31:
nairaland and word censors .... They change Dullardinhoooo to president buhari lool
Lmfao! Pls stop nau
Anyway, you've got him a lovely alias.
what I hate most on NL is the st.upid censoring of words and that frustrated anti-spambot.
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by Frankiss44(m): 11:38am On Jul 02, 2015
Euro31:

lol...i just noticed that ... nice one from the mods.... i wonder why "clueless" wasnt censored... The office of the presidency ought to be respected
Re: Buhari Not The First President To Enjoy Helipad Facility - Aide by Frankiss44(m): 11:42am On Jul 02, 2015
IsaAbubakaAzeez:
so it's all business as usual status quo maintained everything same

so

what's uhuru about the change?

i thought he should have lived a different life change some things and set a standard.

well I don't expect much from a terrorist bastard kunu sipping monkey Daura dullard illiterate bastard gworo chewing burukutu sipping gorilla.

Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai

lolz... You need to chill bruv

(1) (Reply)

Explosion In Rivers As Court Dissolves 22 Elected LG Councils / Traffic Gridlock Due To The Poor State Of Elelenwo-onne Axis Of East-west Road. / Imagine The Illegal Wicked Fees You Must Pay Omonile Befor You Buy Land In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.