Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Rihanna Becomes First Artiste To Top 100m Digital Downloads - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rihanna Becomes First Artiste To Top 100m Digital Downloads (1077 Views)

Iyanya Signs Chibbz, As New Artiste To Triple MG / Que Peller Becomes First Nigerian Artiste To Perform Magic On Stage / Nairaland Artistes Whose Songs Have Amassed Over 1000+ Downloads (+PICS) (2) (3) (4)

Rihanna Becomes First Artiste To Top 100m Digital Downloads by DaPhilosopher(m): 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
Rihanna has become the first artist to surpass more than 100 million cumulative digital downloads.

The news, announced by the Recording Industry Association of America yesterday (July 1), came just hours before the Bajan pop star released her full music video for track B***h Better Have My Money (BBHMM).

Rihanna, who released her debut single Pon De Replay in 2005 and has achieved thirteen No.1 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart since, made it to the top of the list thanks to her provocative new release.

In addition, she has won eight Grammy awards and has seven studio albums to her name. Her songs We Found Love and Stay and Only Girl (In The World) are among her top-selling singles.

The 27-year-old landed the top spot ahead of Taylor Swift and Katy Perry, who are in the second and third places respectively.

Swift currently has 88 million certified units to her name, while Perry raked up 79.

And fresh from his Glastonbury headline slot, US rapper Kanye West came in fourth with 46.5 certified units.

Following the announcement, the singer took to social media to thank God

for fulfilling your plans in my life.

Thank you God for fulfilling Your plans in my lifeā€¦. All the Glory belongs to You!!!!

HistoRIH!!!! First and only!!! God is great!!!

http://vibes247.com/rihanna-becomes-first-artist-to-top-100m-digital-downloads/

Re: Rihanna Becomes First Artiste To Top 100m Digital Downloads by glimpse33(m): 12:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Rihanna Becomes First Artiste To Top 100m Digital Downloads by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
glimpse33:
you again
Re: Rihanna Becomes First Artiste To Top 100m Digital Downloads by vivypretty(f): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
am a big fan.congrats riri
Re: Rihanna Becomes First Artiste To Top 100m Digital Downloads by vivypretty(f): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Rihanna Becomes First Artiste To Top 100m Digital Downloads by Edwardhead(m): 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
kkl... till we reach glory land
Re: Rihanna Becomes First Artiste To Top 100m Digital Downloads by NaijaHotGuy: 9:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
Good for her
Re: Rihanna Becomes First Artiste To Top 100m Digital Downloads by hatux: 11:14pm On Jul 03, 2015
vivypretty:
Big fan undecided...

What bout her friends, family, uhn

kiss
Re: Rihanna Becomes First Artiste To Top 100m Digital Downloads by vivypretty(f): 6:35am On Jul 04, 2015
hatux:
Big fan undecided...
What bout her friends, family, uhn

kiss
wetin concern me and them.I just like most of her songs
Re: Rihanna Becomes First Artiste To Top 100m Digital Downloads by hatux: 8:12am On Jul 04, 2015
vivypretty:

wetin concern me and them.I just like most of her songs
No one doesn't like her songs...

Just saying, since you a big fan... Her friends are bigger fans, while her family is the biggest fan....kiss

You can not even say good morning to someone kiss... Anyway, top of the morning wink, how was your night?
Re: Rihanna Becomes First Artiste To Top 100m Digital Downloads by vivypretty(f): 8:40am On Jul 04, 2015
hatux:
No one doesn't like her songs...

Just saying, since you a big fan... Her friends are bigger fans, while her family is the biggest fan....kiss

You can not even say good morning to someone kiss... Anyway, top of the morning wink, how was your night?
u should v greeted first before quoting me.MORNING TO U.MY NIGHT WAS COOL.I never said am her only fan.any one can be

HOT! Wizkid Feature Drake & Skepta On Ojuelegba (remix) [DOWNLOAD] / I Can't Believe This ...... / Meet The 13 Very Funny People You Have On Your Whatsapp List!!