Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,741 members, 7,840,872 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai (1149 Views)

Adorable Photos Of El-Rufai Playing With His Children / Three Recommendations From The Senate Report Which Nailed SGF, Lawal / Photos Of El-rufai With El-zakzaky In January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by Mogidi: 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
11 July 2008 13:02 UK
[size=15pt]Nigeria 'must ban' ex-minister [/size]

A key ally of former Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo should never hold public office again, the Senate says.
An investigation found 32bn naira ($217m, £138m) is missing from the accounts of the Federal Capital Territory which runs the capital Abuja.
Former minister in charge of Abuja Nasir el-Rufai abused his office and must be made to account for the money, said the report by a Senate committee.

Aides to Mr el-Rufai say he did not steal any money.
He is also accused of abusing his office by selling a million-dollar house owned by the government to himself.
The report by the senate follows weeks of public hearings.
The missing money is the proceeds from the sale of thousands of government-owned houses in the capital.
"We came to the inevitable conclusion that Nasir el-Rufai is not a fit and proper person to hold public office in a democratic set-up," the report said.

His aide Goodluck Ebelo said neither Mr el-Rufai had "not enriched himself" while he was in office.
Demolitions
Mr el-Rufai's administration also demolished thousands of houses and slums in Abuja, moving more than 800,000 people from their homes.
Mr el-Rufai was given the task of preventing Abuja becoming as chaotic as Nigeria's former capital Lagos, but his administration became very unpopular with residents.
Mr el-Rufai has clashed with the senate before.
He accused two senators of demanding a bribe before they would confirm him as minister.
Four years ago he also called the Senate "fools".
Mr el-Rufai is a close ally of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, who was replaced by Umaru Yar'Adua last year.
Analysts said Mr Yar'Adua was handpicked by Mr Obasanjo to succeed him but the new administration has set up numerous investigations into the dealings of Mr Obasanjo's government.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7501436.stm
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by ifeanyija(m): 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
Change the changer
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by tmv10(m): 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by bawelat: 2:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
b
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by Mogidi: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
"We came to the inevitable conclusion that Nasir el-Rufai is not a fit and proper person to hold public office in a democratic set-up," the report said.
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by Mogidi: 2:39pm On Jul 02, 2015
An investigation found 32bn naira ($217m, £138m) is missing from the accounts of the Federal Capital Territory which runs the capital Abuja.
Former minister in charge of Abuja Nasir el-Rufai abused his office and must be made to account for the money, said the report by a Senate committee.

cc:lalasticlala, ishilove, obinoscopy
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 02, 2015
why is el rufai getting sooo much attacks I personally think Nigerians always attack office holders that are out to actually work...don't get me wrong,I'm not saying he's a saint,but then I think we're blowing things out of proportion
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by atlwireles: 2:53pm On Jul 02, 2015
He is now their new saint, how Nigerians pretend to forget their tormentors. grin grin
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by dustydee: 2:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mogidi:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7501436.stm
And the courts have overruled them and cleared him. tongue

1 Like

Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by Mogidi: 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
dustydee:

And the courts have overruled them and cleared him. tongue
Did he return the money?
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by dustydee: 3:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mogidi:

Did he return the money?
Which money? The lawmakers tried to indict him because he demolished some of their properties. if he was guilty, he would have been jailed, don't you think so?
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by Mogidi: 3:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
dustydee:

Which money? The lawmaker tried to indict him because he demolished some of their properties. if he was guilty, he would have been jailed, don't you think so?

It was not just one law maker, it was the senate committee that published those findings.
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by dustydee: 3:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mogidi:

It was not just one law maker, it was the senate committee that published those findings.
I meant to say the "lawmakers".
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by Mogidi: 3:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
dustydee:

I meant to say the "lawmakers".

The entire committee hated him for demolishing their houses haba!! Oga be objective na.
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by bonardi84: 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hi! More about the most important news, I advise you to read on this site www.naij.com/
To me, his friend advised, very grateful to him.
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by dustydee: 3:46pm On Jul 02, 2015
from your previous post you thought I meant a lawmaker and I tried to clarify by telling you I didn't mean a single lawmaker. Anyway you can sue him when his tenure is over.
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2015
jemimaa01:
why is el rufai getting sooo much attacks I personally think Nigerians always attack office holders that are out to actually work...don't get me wrong,I'm not saying he's a saint,but then I think we're blowing things out of proportion

As long as it is true, then its not being blown out of proportion.
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by lilprinze: 4:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
El rufai is a corrupt criminal who became a saint after he joined APC .
APC is a party full of hypocrites, propagandist, liars, thieves, corrupt politicians claiming to be saints and agents of change.
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by abduljabbar4(m): 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mogidi:

And what did pdp do about it? That's why I called pdp a useless party. He should have been jailed. I don't like El-rufa'I myself even as an APC supporter
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by Mogidi: 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
abduljabbar4:

And what did pdp do about it? That's why I called pdp a useless party. He should have been jailed. I don't like El-rufa'I myself even as an APC supporter

PDP don't have the power to jail politicians, its up to the courts to jail or not to jail.

Why was Fani-Kayode not jailed yesterday?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by dunkem21(m): 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
abduljabbar4:

The APC is more of a useless party. I have never liked El-Rufai myself because he is overbearingly *insultive*
Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by dunkem21(m): 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
Mogidi:

PDP don't have the power to jail politicians, its up the courts to jail or not to jail.

Why was Fani-Kayode not jailed yesterday?

No mind am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2008 Senate Report: Check What It Said Of El-Rufai by brainpower(m): 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
El Rufai is in the right side of the power tussle now and so can't be touched but one thing I know is that he is as corrupt as OBJ just like FFK. Any minister that served under obj and didn't have issues with him was corrupt simple. One day, he is going to be at the wrong side and we will see who he really is. He's being protected by heavyweights whom he helped to secure choice properties in the FCT.

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED: How NSA Dasuki Took His Share Of The $5bn Defense Budget / Touching Photo Of A 3year Old Girl With Artificial Leg / PHOTOS: PMB With His Former Classmates At The U.S. War College In Blair Hou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.