Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,886 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Buhari’s Governance – Promises, Appointments & Federal Character - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Governance – Promises, Appointments & Federal Character (746 Views)

VIDEO: Nigerians Assess President Buhari's Governance / Buhari Violating Federal Character In Appointments – Ekweremadu / 100 Days Buhari’s Governance: What Has Changed?-vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Governance – Promises, Appointments & Federal Character by Marlboro1: 5:41am On Jul 03, 2015
Most Nigerians are concerned by the near absence of Buhari’s formulation of a cabinet. It is pertinent to note that no government can function effectively with skeletal appointments such as what we have so far. Although some have tried to argue that he is taking his time to make sure he gets it right, it may be necessary to remind him that he really does not have much time left.

In our 4-year election cycle, there is really no four year of policy formulation and implementation. The first 2 years for the most part is what a government has. Third year is usually about gearing up for the elections coming up in a year’s time. Need we say more about governance in election year.

This is the reason why it is worrisome that President Buhari’s continued inability to form a complete cabinet may make it impossible to accomplish the numerous promises he and APC made to the Nigerian people.

Be that as it may, it is becoming even more worrisome to Nigerians that the appointments made so far has no semblance of federal character. While perusing an online portal, I came across a post listing some appointments made so far by the President that is heavily skewed Northwards as listed below.

ADC-North
PPS-North
CSO-North
SCOP-North
AG-North
SSA media-North
DPR Director-North
INEC Chairman-North
S.A Media-South
DG of DSS-North

Is this a trend that will continue? Was this what Nigerians voted for? I hope not.

Tony Anamege
Doctoral Scholar of International Business Administration
Walden University

Read more ...... http://africaonline.cc/index.php/2015/07/03/buharis-governance-promises-appointments-federal-character/

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Governance – Promises, Appointments & Federal Character by donholy28(m): 5:45am On Jul 03, 2015
Boko begets boko....he just dey appoint im people

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Governance – Promises, Appointments & Federal Character by seedgreen(m): 5:48am On Jul 03, 2015
Following
Re: Buhari’s Governance – Promises, Appointments & Federal Character by nwakibe: 5:53am On Jul 03, 2015
That is the change you voted for.Una never see anything

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Governance – Promises, Appointments & Federal Character by aminho(m): 6:12am On Jul 03, 2015
HAS HE FORGOTTEN THAT THE NORTH TO HAS 3 ZONES?IF HE GIVES ALL THEPOSITION IN THE SOUTH TO THE SOUTH WEST I HOPE IT WILL CLASSIFIED AS SOUTH TOO RIGHT?
Re: Buhari’s Governance – Promises, Appointments & Federal Character by jcross19: 6:16am On Jul 03, 2015
Marlboro1:
Most Nigerians are concerned by the near absence of Buhari’s formulation of a cabinet. It is pertinent to note that no government can function effectively with skeletal appointments such as what we have so far. Although some have tried to argue that he is taking his time to make sure he gets it right, it may be necessary to remind him that he really does not have much time left.

In our 4-year election cycle, there is really no four year of policy formulation and implementation. The first 2 years for the most part is what a government has. Third year is usually about gearing up for the elections coming up in a year’s time. Need we say more about governance in election year.

This is the reason why it is worrisome that President Buhari’s continued inability to form a complete cabinet may make it impossible to accomplish the numerous promises he and APC made to the Nigerian people.

Be that as it may, it is becoming even more worrisome to Nigerians that the appointments made so far has no semblance of federal character. While perusing an online portal, I came across a post listing some appointments made so far by the President that is heavily skewed Northwards as listed below.

ADC-North
PPS-North
CSO-North
SCOP-North
AG-North
SSA media-North
DPR Director-North
INEC Chairman-North
S.A Media-South
DG of DSS-North

Is this a trend that will continue? Was this what Nigerians voted for? I hope not.

Tony Anamege
Doctoral Scholar of International Business Administration
Walden University

Read more ...... http://africaonline.cc/index.php/2015/07/03/buharis-governance-promises-appointments-federal-character/
it seems buhari won't run for second time? Is showing bias since has been appointing his cabinet and this may hurt him. Nigeria is yours northerners but I only pity the southerners that was shouting sai baba hoping on you as super man or messiah. I know you will disappoint them . I just pity mr osinbanjo at midst at their midst.
Re: Buhari’s Governance – Promises, Appointments & Federal Character by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 03, 2015
Yes this is what Nigerians voted for. They northerners are trying to reestablish their authority as we had it during the military regime.
They are blindly going to institutionalise powers that obasanjo wittled down in the bid to balance appointments and authority in Nigeria.

Thanks to the South West and Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Governance – Promises, Appointments & Federal Character by Shortyy(f): 6:25am On Jul 03, 2015
another Buhari story? pffft. *picks nose
Re: Buhari’s Governance – Promises, Appointments & Federal Character by DONMAYOR19(m): 6:28am On Jul 03, 2015
3D
Re: Buhari’s Governance – Promises, Appointments & Federal Character by thegoodone2(m): 6:41am On Jul 03, 2015
following
Re: Buhari’s Governance – Promises, Appointments & Federal Character by oduastates: 10:10am On Jul 03, 2015
This is a timely reminder.
Nigeria is a geographical space with over 250 ethnic nationalities.
He needs to get out of his comfort zone until a sense of equity has been established amongst all nationalities.
Only obasanjo has been able to achieve that sense of equity .
Re: Buhari’s Governance – Promises, Appointments & Federal Character by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:12am On Jul 03, 2015
jcross19:
it seems buhari won't run for second time? Is showing bias since has been appointing his cabinet and this may hurt him. Nigeria is yours northerners but I only pity the southerners that was shouting sai baba hoping on you as super man or messiah. I know you will disappoint them . I just pity mr osinbanjo at midst at their midst.
Do you know the meaning of a cabinet?

(1) (Reply)

Apc Chairman Oyegun Betrays The Party For Personal Gain / Punchng.com Quotes Nairalanders In It Newspaper / FAAC Disowns Okonjo-iweala;Denies Approving Withdrawal Of $2bn Excess Crude Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.