Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i (1264 Views)

Atiku Already Running For 2019 — El-rufa’i / "Boko Haram Producing Fuel In Sambisa" / Kaduna Produces Fuel From Sugarcane! - El-Rufai (Dailytrust) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 03, 2015
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir el-Rufa’i, said
the state Ministry of Science and Technology,
in collaboration with Science Technology
Forum (STF), has successfully produced bio-
ethanol fuel grade from sugarcane.
Governor el-Rufa’i made this known while
declaring open an international workshop on
biofuel production technology, which took
place at the
National Research Institute for Chemical
Technology (NARICT), Zaria.
Represented by the Permanent Secretary of the
state Ministry of Science and Technology, Dr.
Madina Shehu, el-Rufa’i said the government
intends to upgrade that initiative into a full
scale commercial outfit.
“In line with this initiative, the state
government is on the process of constructing
another plant at Unguwan Mu’azu to produce
bio-diesel from Jatropha Curcas,” el-Rufa’i
said.
The Director General of NARICT, Professor
Idris Bugaje, in his remarks, advocated for
inclusion of biofuel training at the
undergraduate, National Certificate in
Education (NCE), National and Higher
National Diploma levels in order to address the
country’s renewable energy challenges.
The don said it is imperative for the country to
give emphasis to research on biofuel in view of
the fact that renewable energy plays critical
role in national growth and development of
countries world over, adding that the sector
can create job opportunities to the army of the
country’s unemployed youths.
Bugaje urged the federal government to
prioritise the completion of the Petroleum
Training Institute, Kaduna, which was started
by late President Umaru Yar’adua, but
abandoned after his death.
He also called for the renaming of the institute
to Petroleum and Biofuels
Technology Training Institute (PBTTI) in order
to expand the mandate of the institute to
include biofuel.
Former vice-chancellor of Ahmadu Bello
University (ABU), Zaria, Professor Ango
Abdullahi, lamented how Nigeria’s
technological breakthroughs and researches are
dusting up on the shelves of different tertiary
institutions of the country.
Ango said Nigeria needs to find alternative to
firewood, otherwise desert encroachment
would continue to be one of the predicaments
of the country, adding that patriotic leadership
can utilise the resources of Nigeria to address
her different challenges.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/agriculture/58833-kaduna-is-now-producing-fuel-from-sugarcane-el-rufa-i
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 03, 2015
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by ZeezaRapture(m): 7:30am On Jul 03, 2015
kingsolex:

haba which kain wickedness be dis Why u dey book space for ftc for ur own thread?

Mstchw see as u don spoil my show..

*walks out of thread

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by brightnelly(f): 7:30am On Jul 03, 2015
Shooo!!!

Make them produce better one oo
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by glimpse33(m): 7:31am On Jul 03, 2015
TF is wrong with El-rufai I just pray they dont end up creating harzard fuels that could blow up cars
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by Baroque(f): 7:31am On Jul 03, 2015
hhahaha..
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by Cutehector(m): 7:31am On Jul 03, 2015
Lol wat of bio charcoal and bio kerosene
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by fretfingers: 7:34am On Jul 03, 2015
lol... If person see fuel anoda tin go come person mind...lol
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by victorD3: 7:36am On Jul 03, 2015
Good if that will make them allow Niger delta people enjoy their oil.

When will Duala start producing fuel from cow dung?

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by alexbch(m): 7:37am On Jul 03, 2015
Gud inovation...I pray it last...nd hope say sugar won't becum hot cake ?
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 03, 2015
Lol..Brazil tried this, ask them how it worked out for them. They realised that it would cost more to produce fuel from cane or maize. Tell elrufai the best way to learn is from other people's mistakes
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 03, 2015
Thank God! So the oil in the south can now rest small.
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by Segadem(m): 7:42am On Jul 03, 2015
liberty300:
Lol..Brazil tried this, ask them how it worked out for them. They realised that it would cost more to produce fuel from cane or maize. Tell elrufai the best way to learn is from other people's mistakes
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by GabrielSuswam(m): 7:44am On Jul 03, 2015
Not Economical to Produce
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by BillDesmond2much(m): 7:44am On Jul 03, 2015
we pray it's not politics they're playing.
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by DaGC(m): 7:45am On Jul 03, 2015
Good innovation.

As far as the P.T.I goes, I'm not a fan of it. Yes, I know Kaduna has a refinery but I believe a better location would have been Rivers, Bayelsa or Akwa Ibom.
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by fulanimafia: 7:45am On Jul 03, 2015
Arewa is once again making waves and retaking her pride of place, kudos El-Rufai, the untiring progressive.

These efforts will project Nigeria in this field of scientific study, and will fast track our development in science and technology.
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by SUBMARINE: 7:53am On Jul 03, 2015
liberty300:

The North has abundant land to engage in Biofuel

My advise to El Rufai is to ask his people to find a process to make the biofuel cheaper than kerosene. cool
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 03, 2015
Get MTN 1gb for #1200 (Airtime/ Recharge card) 0806 723 8533 (SMS/ Whatsapp/ Calls) And get a free Mobile app for your website or Blog
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 03, 2015
Sounds great but they must find a way to produce in commercial quantity and cheaper too. Otherwise, DOA
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by obaobirin: 7:56am On Jul 03, 2015
Good work
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:56am On Jul 03, 2015
This is great news if is real and enough for commercial consumption, but if is for like 3 I pass my neighbour generator, then this hell-rufai is suffering from something I'm yet to know.
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by lilprinze: 7:58am On Jul 03, 2015
At least all this Abokïs would allow Niger delta oil to rest
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by LoveMachine(m): 8:54am On Jul 03, 2015
We're too black and too strong. We'll figure out a way to make it economical.
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by joseph1832(m): 9:11am On Jul 03, 2015
Is will turn out to be another science project/experiment. And in time, it will be forgotten just like many others.
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by riqblaze(m): 9:19am On Jul 03, 2015
glimpse33:
TF is wrong with El-rufai I just pray they dont end up creating harzard fuels that could blow up cars

Madam haven't you heard of bio diesel? Most cars in Brazil run on almost 100% bio and alcohol based fuels. Even most of the Ford SUVs you see are flex fuel and can run on various percentages of alcohol and bio fuel blends. So no need to fear

Back to topic: If this is true it's a welcome development and should be encouraged to help our energy demand in this nation and for it's environmental advantages. I'm very much interested in this project.

Business ideas on my mind. Proudly mechanical engineer.
Re: Kaduna Is Now Producing Fuel From Sugarcane - El-rufa’i by kheart(m): 9:28am On Jul 03, 2015
Good development cos. I ve been to makarfi, sugarcane wey dey that town fit give pesin nightmares. Ikara lg also farm a lot of sugarcane too.

(1) (Reply)

Delay In Payment: Ex-militant Leaders Write President Buhari / Sad! Girl Jumps Off 180feet High River Bridge To Commit Suicide In A River! Pics / List Of Governor Fayose’s New Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.