Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,990 members, 7,956,696 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:00 PM

Appointments, President Buhari And Northern Agenda By TEMITOPE AJAYI - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appointments, President Buhari And Northern Agenda By TEMITOPE AJAYI (592 Views)

There Is Sinister Agenda By IPOB To Provoke Soldiers Into Killing - Presidency / Question Niger-Delta Avengers Asked Buhari And Northern Lawmakers / I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appointments, President Buhari And Northern Agenda By TEMITOPE AJAYI by famobaba(m): 1:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
By TEMITOPE AJAYI

I have joined a lot of conversations ignited by many ethnic champions on social media on the so-called 10 appointments made so far by President Buhari, especially the ones by the Yoruba irredentists, mostly firing from abroad. My take remains these are civil service positions where seniority often takes precedence. I will only complain when political appointments are made and national spread is not taken into consideration. I mean political appointments into the executive leadership of MDAs and Boards. Those listing ADC,CSO, Chief of Protocol to the President, Acting DPR Director, Acting INEC Chairman and Accountant General of the Federation to mean political appointments are nothing but mischief makers and confusionists. These are civil service and public service appointments that are governed by rules, mostly seniority.

Let us face the truth as Southerners, Northerners are more in both public and civil service and funny enough they are more in the leadership cadre of the civil service. Sadly, we may not have Southerner Chief Justice of Nigeria in the next 20 years because the 3 or 4 most senior Supreme Court Justices are Northerners. I am not sure we have even had Southerner Chief Justice of the Federation since 1999. The closest may be Justice Belgore from Ilorin, Kwara State. About 7 years ago, it was discovered that there was nobody that can be Permanent Secretary in the Federal Civil Service from Bayelsa State as the most senior civil servant from Bayelsa was an assistant or a deputy Director. Political consideration had to be used to balance it and I think that was how Ambassador Godsday Igali who was former SSG in Bayelsa was brought in and he is now Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Power. It was only Bayelsa State that had no Permanent Secretary in the Federal Civil Service then.

This problem will continue and we will continue to be ‘Wailing Wailers’ apology to Femi Adesina as long as we Southerners continue to look down on Civil Service and Public Service jobs. Come to think of it, our people ordinarily do not want to go to.....

MORE...>>>http://expressng.com/2015/07/appointments-president-buhari-and-northern-agenda-by-temitope-ajayi/

Re: Appointments, President Buhari And Northern Agenda By TEMITOPE AJAYI by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
famobaba:

By TEMITOPE AJAYI

I have joined a lot of conversations ignited by many ethnic champions on social media on the so-called 10 appointments made so far by President Buhari, especially the ones by the Yoruba irredentists, mostly firing from abroad. My take remains these are civil service positions where seniority often takes precedence. I will only complain when political appointments are made and national spread is not taken into consideration. I mean political appointments into the executive leadership of MDAs and Boards. Those listing ADC,CSO, Chief of Protocol to the President, Acting DPR Director, Acting INEC Chairman and Accountant General of the Federation to mean political appointments are nothing but mischief makers and confusionists. These are civil service and public service appointments that are governed by rules, mostly seniority.

Let us face the truth as Southerners, Northerners are more in both public and civil service and funny enough they are more in the leadership cadre of the civil service. Sadly, we may not have Southerner Chief Justice of Nigeria in the next 20 years because the 3 or 4 most senior Supreme Court Justices are Northerners. I am not sure we have even had Southerner Chief Justice of the Federation since 1999. The closest may be Justice Belgore from Ilorin, Kwara State. About 7 years ago, it was discovered that there was nobody that can be Permanent Secretary in the Federal Civil Service from Bayelsa State as the most senior civil servant from Bayelsa was an assistant or a deputy Director. Political consideration had to be used to balance it and I think that was how Ambassador Godsday Igali who was former SSG in Bayelsa was brought in and he is now Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Power. It was only Bayelsa State that had no Permanent Secretary in the Federal Civil Service then.

This problem will continue and we will continue to be ‘Wailing Wailers’ apology to Femi Adesina as long as we Southerners continue to look down on Civil Service and Public Service jobs. Come to think of it, our people ordinarily do not want to go to.....

MORE...>>>http://expressng.com/2015/07/appointments-president-buhari-and-northern-agenda-by-temitope-ajayi/
Re: Appointments, President Buhari And Northern Agenda By TEMITOPE AJAYI by Shortyy(f): 2:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
he looks really sick in that pic tho
Re: Appointments, President Buhari And Northern Agenda By TEMITOPE AJAYI by dapyd1(m): 2:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
Okay o

(1) (Reply)

What Happen To Greece / Kano Dismisses Story On Ban Of Christian Worship / Greeks Reject Bailout Terms In Rebuff To European Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.