Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,271 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari (33579 Views)

No Northern Candidate No Presidency - Message To Igbos / China, A Dependable Partner In Our Change Agenda – Buhari / Senate Rules: I’ve No Hand In Alteration — Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by Firefire(m): 3:30am On Jul 06, 2015
ABUJA— Following criticisms that trailed the appointments made so far by President Muhammadu Buhari which many argued were lopsided in favour of the north, the president, yesterday, dismissed insinuations that he was implementing a northern agenda in his appointments.

It will be recalled that President Buhari since taking over the reins of power on May 29 has, so far, made 11 appointments, out of which only one came from the South West. Although some people considered the appointments to be “unserious positions”, many Nigerians condemned its alleged lopsidedness, saying they were signs of what to expect from the Buhari presidency.

The appointments The appointments are: Acting Chairman, the Independent National Electoral Commission, Mrs. Amina Bala Zakari, Jigawa State; Director, the Department of Petroleum Resources, Mr. Mordecai Danteni Baba Ladan; the Accountant-General of the Federation, Alhaji Ahmed Idris, Kano State.

Others are the State House Chief of Protocol, Mallam Lawal Abdullahi Kazaure; Aide De Camp, Lt.-Col. Muhammed Lawal Abubakar, Kano State; Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, North West; Mr Ahmed Joda, Head Transition Committee; Mr Adamu Adamu, Secretary Transition Committee; Mr Lawal Daura, Director-General, DSS; Mallam Abdulrahman Mani, Chief Security Officer, and Femi Adesina, SA Media and Publicity, South West,

In addition to the appointments, Dr. Bukola Saraki from Kwara State, (North central) and Yakubu Dogara from Bauchi State, (North East) were also elected as Senate President and Speaker, House of Representatives respectively.

Buhari has no Northern agenda— Adesina

But speaking to Vanguard in Abuja, yesterday, the Special Adviser to the president on Media and Publicity Mr. Femi Adesina, who is incidentally the only southerner in the appointments, refuted the claims that Buhari was acting a northern script against the rest of the zones in the country.

He said: “The president received a national mandate and was going to pursue it as such. The president does not have a northern agenda. He has a national agenda. He got a national mandate and that is the way he is going to exercise that mandate. I have already said it and I still maintain that”, he said.

Reacting to the criticisms trailing the appointments, national secretary of the Labour Party, Dr. Kayode Ajulo, National President of Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, Alhaji Yerima Shettima and Second Republic lawmaker, Dr. Junaid Mohammed, yesterday, called for caution in the claims of a perceived northernisation policy by the incumbent administration.

Let us give him benefit of doubt — LP scribe

“I want to give President Buhari the benefit of doubt, he still has thousands of appointments to make. We need not hang him on just nine of such appointments,” Ajulo said.

“However, he needs to be sensitive and responsive to our laws, values and attitude as a multi-ethnic people. Everything counts in Nigeria and President Buhari as a politician should know that woe betides any Nigerian politician that treats with levity such issues like tribe, ethnicity, religion etc.”

He added: “President Buhari had, in his inaugural address and subsequent speeches, stressed that the job of rebuilding Nigeria is not his alone. I call him to walk the talk.”

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by Firefire(m): 3:31am On Jul 06, 2015
It’s too early in the day —Shettima, President, Arewa Youths National President of Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, Alhaji Shettima on his part said it was too early to arrive at such a conclusion.

Shettima said: “I do not want to be in a hurry because some of us have our reservations. But then, we have not seen the ministerial list, we should not be in a hurry. That does not mean we cannot learn from the past. When someone from the Niger Delta was the president, those from the region said he was their president, a lot of appointments were given to people from the zone and that created a lot of problem for that administration.”

He, however, urged the Buhari administration not to toe the same path. He said: “I pray Buhari will not make the same mistake because Nigeria belongs to all of us.

He represents Nigeria and not only the north; he must be seen to do justice to all.” It is non-existent — Mohammed Second Republic lawmaker,

Dr. Mohammed in his reaction said the claim by some Nigerians that it’s only Northerners that are dominating the present administration is non existent. Mohammed said: “I have never claimed to speak on behalf of the North but personally, I am sick and tired of this Northern Agenda mantra that is circulating in the political space. “When people are saying things, they need to understand what they are talking about.

During President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration, he picked Ita Ekpeyong who happens to be his kinsman and 11 senior Directors who were all Northerners were retired just to make Ekpeyong Director of DSS. Then nobody accused Jonathan of anything,” he stated. He said further: “I cannot criticize what is non existing. Are some people claiming the North is not part of this country anymore? I am not tribal. I believe whatever that is being said about this Northern Agenda is irrelevant and false, so I would not want to respond to people trying to create confusion. Nigerians should not allow themselves to be used”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/ive-no-northern-agenda-buhari/

Cc: Lalasticlala

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by Firefire(m): 3:33am On Jul 06, 2015
Is it true ? Time shall tell...

9 Likes

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by Rose2014: 3:35am On Jul 06, 2015
post=35532462:

But speaking to Vanguard in Abuja, yesterday, Mr. Femi Adesina, who is incidentally the only southerner in the appointments, refuted the claims that Buhari was acting a northern script against the rest of the zones in the country.

Buhari definitely knows what he's doing.
Imagine after giving the rest of the appointments to the north, the one he appointed SW Adesina is spokesman.

Note that Adesina's job is just to be publicly defending whatever Buhari does. Hence, No matter what Buhari does right now, Even if he gives all the appointments to the North, Adesina will still release a statement telling us why it is the best decision.

Oga Adesina well done

254 Likes 16 Shares

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by Badguytinz(m): 3:37am On Jul 06, 2015
Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 3:38am On Jul 06, 2015
we know

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by ramdris(m): 3:44am On Jul 06, 2015
Why I believe is too soon to start complaining, I will however advice that PMB should be mindful of his appointments as well. I voted for him and I will not want him to lose the goodwill he has cos losing it wil b the beginning of failure.

I still believe in his government and he should make others do too especially Tanoids...

Sai Baba!

14 Likes

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by Maxymilliano(m): 3:45am On Jul 06, 2015
Discretion is the better part of valour ... The President can use surfeit of it .

As posited earlier, lopsided appointment is a sympton of "winner takes it all" mentality.

12 Likes

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by dustmalik: 3:48am On Jul 06, 2015
Mr. President, we already know that you have no Northern agenda. It's only the saTANoids aka the wailing waillers that are crying foul, and will continue to cry foul.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by speakthetruth: 3:57am On Jul 06, 2015
We are watching and waiting

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by slap1(m): 4:07am On Jul 06, 2015
My worry about a possible northern agenda is not because of the appointments, but because no finger has been lifted against Boko Haram since 29th May and yet Buhari said we (certainly not Nigeria) are winning the war.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by Firefire(m): 4:11am On Jul 06, 2015
slap1:
My worry about a possible northern agenda is not because of the appointments, but because no finger has been lifted against Boko Haram since 29th May and yet Buhari said we (certainly not Nigeria) are winning the war.

We don't understand which war Buhari is winning ?

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by SkySpirit(m): 4:12am On Jul 06, 2015
Even with 11-1 ratio people are still waiting for a prophet to tell them the direction of this govt? The question I always ask is why are people so concerned about federal character now and not as concerned during the Yardua era!? The answer lies in PMB antecedents of nepotism, tribalism, undue favoritism and selective justice. I don't expect the ministerial list to be different from what we have seen so far. The anti-corruption campaign would likely be targeted against a select few that are not on same page with PMB. God bless Nigeria!

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by brixton: 4:13am On Jul 06, 2015
President auto pilot of west Germany !

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by M4gunners: 4:26am On Jul 06, 2015
President of the northerners. As of me am not feeling this Man.He has not still convince me he is the president of all.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by Imortal001: 4:31am On Jul 06, 2015
Mr adesina dont mind them, they have forgotten that PMB BELONG TO EVERYBODY AND HE BELONG TO NOBODY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by obioraval(m): 4:34am On Jul 06, 2015
ok oh
Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by raymondzack: 4:37am On Jul 06, 2015
Firefire:
Is it true ? Time shall tell...
abi time is already telling

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by stepo707: 4:41am On Jul 06, 2015
Daurdullard will be afraid to make any appointments again for fear of criticism

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by solarview(m): 4:42am On Jul 06, 2015
He only has Islamic Agendum grin

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by ziccoit: 4:50am On Jul 06, 2015
Personally, I believe the best man should do the work. Let's Buhari concludes his other appointments and compare the note in term of spread I think that is after which one can conclude if he is actually favoring the North.

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by Disclaimer: 5:03am On Jul 06, 2015
Gerara here dullard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by Bollove: 5:05am On Jul 06, 2015
Rose2014:
Buhari definitely knows what he's doing.
Imagine after giving the rest of the appointments to the north, the one he appointed SW Adesina is spokesman.

Note that Adesina's job is just to be publicly defending whatever Buhari does. Hence, No matter what Buhari does right now, Even if he gives all the appointments to the North, Adesina will still release a statement telling us why it is the best decision.

Oga Adesina well done
Why all of Nigerian President dey make southwest their public mouth piece dey baffle me ooo .... GEJ even had two South West at the same time ........

Chai, Okupe, Abati, Labaran Maku with Marilyn Ogar providing tactical support ...... ohhh no , those team brutal ooo ... dem dey defend anything.

Toh, PMB whether na Northern agenda or no Northern agenda, America go soon know in few months time and Nigeria go answer !!!

OK Kontinu, Allah Dey .... all d appointments you are sherring , Allah go answer !!

6 Likes

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by Nobody: 5:08am On Jul 06, 2015
Firefire:

“However, he needs to be sensitive and responsive to our laws, values and attitude as a multi-ethnic people. Everything counts in Nigeria and President Buhari as a politician should know that woe betides any Nigerian politician that treats with levity such issues like tribe, ethnicity, religion etc.”

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by dorofresh: 5:10am On Jul 06, 2015
Defending Buhari's actions based on what held sway in previous administrations is mere HYPOCRISY.

This administration got power on the auspices of CHANGE. So for Nigerians to demand and expect that things should be done differently is not out of place.

They say the "Journey of a thousand miles, begins with a step". From Buhari's early steps, we are able to envisage and decipher the direction his government is going.

You promised us CHANGE and CHANGE we must get. We are tired of the old Order of things that is why we voted you.

Say no to ETHNICTY, BIGOTRY and FAVOURITISM

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by Pangea: 5:13am On Jul 06, 2015
The vultures have surrounded him
Right now, he is being pulled from all sides!
In fact I pity him.
Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.

4 Likes

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by fulanimafia: 5:19am On Jul 06, 2015
M4gunners:
President of the northerners. As of mr am not feeling this Man.He has not still convince me he is the president of all.

He didn't get the mandate of all. Your yardstick should be competence not ethnicity, as for representation, I assure you the SW will be significantly represented in his cabinet. I will be heavily disappointed if he gives any tangible portfolio to those who hated him with passion and said he was too old and illiterate to govern. They have no business in such a government, and should be limited to ministers of state since the law requires every state to produce a minister.

Jonathan once said Igbos were the pillar of his administration, yet no one screamed blue murder. Hypocrites.

8 Likes

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by omowolewa: 5:29am On Jul 06, 2015
Sir, you yourself may not know, its just a matter of instinct and a Northern man is there. You may event see other parts as less competent and less of integrity.

When you are loyal to a course, all you see is everything about it.

Just like whenever I want to buy a brand of a product, you know what, all I would see on the street is people using that brand. Gaskia no be your fault sir

We have made our opinion known sir, watch it!

1 Like

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by kenny987(f): 5:48am On Jul 06, 2015
fulanimafia:

He didn't get the mandate of all. Your yardstick should be competence not ethnicity, as for representation, I assure you the SW will be significantly represented in his cabinet. I will be heavily disappointed if he gives any tangible portfolio to those who hated him with passion and said he was too old and illiterate to govern. They have no business in such a government, and should be limited to ministers of state since the law requires every state to produce a minister.

Jonathan once said Igbos were the pillar of his administration, yet no one screamed blue murder. Hypocrites.

Don't forget that the Ekiti state governor was one of the loudest in the vociferous criticisms of GMB. Last I checked, he is from the SW. What then happens to the SW in this regard? If u can disregard the comments of an elected governor and are more concerned about those that supported him then u cannot deny or disregard support he got in the SE/SS however minimal. Selective appointments/negative treatment of perceived enemies will only show that he's not prepared to lead and that #CHANGE was all a scam designed to take power to the North. In a place like Nigeria this 'winner-takes-all' mentality cannot work.
If the current administration keeps going back to previous administrations to validate their wrong and questionable activities where then is the change? He is President of all Nigerians and not a certain section so advocating a deliberate side-lining of a particular area because of their political ideology or inclination is myopic and unbecoming of any sane person.

Do you think supporting a party is by compulsion? If APC seeks to be a national party and not a regional one as it is now, then they've got to prove to the SS,SE and others who do not support them by their mode of governance that the party will be worth their while. Not by starting early to hijack the electoral machinery that brought them into power so they can commandeer states like Bayelsa.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by jammani(m): 6:14am On Jul 06, 2015
From the look of things, many APC ardent supporters are already regretting they voted APC. But shame/pride would not allow them to say it out that they are already missing GEJ

Tho people Have Seen The Pains In Their Pride

3 Likes

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by frankyychiji(f): 6:22am On Jul 06, 2015
Only a non-Nigerian would fail to see the gradual northernization of Nigeria under Buhari.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’ve No Northern Agenda – Buhari by gratiaeo(m): 6:52am On Jul 06, 2015
Buhari no get sense, if he does he wouldn't have made his first eleven appointment from north

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

82 Chibok Girls Reunite With Their Parents (photos/video) / Senator Nwaoboshi Hailed By Delta People Despite Money Laundering Charges / Video Of Peter Obi At The NBA Conference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.