Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

A Question For Ibos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Question For Ibos (1514 Views)

Femi Aribisala Asks Zahra Buhari A Question Over Aso Rock Clinic Statement / North Disowns Quit Notices For Ibos, South-east Silent About IPOB. / Ibos Are Scared Of Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For Ibos by kotv: 8:44pm On Jul 03, 2015
Each time I log on NL I see a biafran topic created mostly by Yoruba, I don't know why they create more biafran topics than the ibos do..only they know why. Anyway, in each biafran topics, there's always that "I'm SS" character voicing "ibos want our oil. they want to force us as part of biafra. ss is not part of biafra." These characters appear to be waiting for any biafra topic so they can crawl out and say thise words without it even being part of the conversation therefore turning the entire topic to ss vs se topics with ibos insulting and attacking each tribe in ss without giving a benefit of a doubt whether the person that insulted them first was truly what he said he is. The reason I said this is because I just read a biafra topic where the op claimed he is from Akwa Ibom and attacked ibos and as usual ibos started attacking akwa ibom back despite just a glance of the OP old topics, he actually mentioned he was a sokoto indigenous. The whole thing reminded me when okirika was getting insulted by the same ibos all because they were defending themselves against another member that was pretending to be from okirika. Unfortunately, this is a pattern I've noticed since joining NL.
Now the question I have for ibos is why do you let others create tension for yourself and your neighbors? I find it hypocritical that ibos accuse us of falling for propaganda meant to create tension but yet on this website, you fall for it more than us?
Why do you guys fight out of emotions and never bother to check the accuracy of those you are arguing with?
Do you have that much disdain for ss that you fall for any masquerader?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Question For Ibos by biafranqueen: 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
kotv that is a very good question and I am glad you brought up the issue of online imitators trying to bring discord between us. My besties are South South people from Delta to be exact they even speak Igbo but with a different dialect.
United we stand divided we fall and that is how the game goes, so we know why they are doing it.
Like you rightfully pointed out we should investigate before hurling insults against to our breathern/sisteren.
You have spoken well!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question For Ibos by Misternas89(m): 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: A Question For Ibos by Chibuhealth(f): 8:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
Gini ka o na-ako?

1 Like

Re: A Question For Ibos by Emenahagos02(m): 8:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
Are u for real op? undecided
Re: A Question For Ibos by kotv: 9:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
Emenahagos02:
Are u for real op? undecided
Yes I am serious. Do you people have that much disdain for ss that you fall for every masquerader? I just want to know where we stand with you people. If you do, let us know
Re: A Question For Ibos by kotv: 9:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
Chibuhealth:
Gini ka o na-ako?
English?
Re: A Question For Ibos by AnambraDota: 9:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
You mean subjects of this Pig

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question For Ibos by kotv: 9:07pm On Jul 03, 2015
biafranqueen:
kotv that is a very good question and I am glad you brought up the issue of online imitators trying to bring discord between us. My besties are South South people from Delta to be exact they even speak Igbo but with a different dialect.
United we stand divided we fall and that is how the game goes, so we know why they are doing it.
Like you rightfully pointed out we should investigate before hurling insults against to our breathern/sisteren.
You have spoken well!

You got the gist of what I'm saying. I'm not saying not to defend yourself or attack back but attack the appropriate group of people or ignore it.
Re: A Question For Ibos by cooljude(m): 9:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
Why do you guys make the mistake of taking the view of people who don't actually have any influence. As for the Biafra question, i feel a referendum would be the perfect solution but i know the present Nigeria elites would not want to see such a move happen. I am not pro-Biafran because of the many uncertainties but Nigeria as a country cannot continue existing like this. I have a question, what is Nigeria, who are Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: A Question For Ibos by Armaggedon: 9:33pm On Jul 03, 2015
I hope you guys know op is a yoloba.

1 Like

Re: A Question For Ibos by TechRev: 9:37pm On Jul 03, 2015
Armaggedon:

pls whats the correct spelling i often see YoRobbers. is that the correct spelling??
Re: A Question For Ibos by kotv: 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2015
Armaggedon:

I'm yoruba? Is that so? Your head there is filled with pure water I see. Don't insult me again. Nonsense
Re: A Question For Ibos by Eshinwaju: 9:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
I am Yoruba.......and I seek Biafra for yeboes....... cheesy
Re: A Question For Ibos by Armaggedon: 10:01pm On Jul 03, 2015
TechRev:

pls whats the correct spelling i often see YoRobbers. is that the correct spelling??
all are correct. It is also called yeriba, yellowbar even zuluba. It is so b'cos of the ability of the pple bearing the name to switch identity within seconds, using different monikers like cameleons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question For Ibos by Rose2014: 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
kotv:
Each time I log on NL I see a biafran topic created mostly by Yoruba, I don't know why they create more biafran topics than the ibos do..only they know why. Anyway, in each biafran topics, there's always that "I'm SS" character voicing "ibos want our oil. they want to force us as part of biafra. ss is not part of biafra." These characters appear to be waiting for any biafra topic so they can crawl out and say thise words without it even being part of the conversation therefore turning the entire topic to ss vs se topics with ibos insulting and attacking each tribe in ss without giving a benefit of a doubt whether the person that insulted them first was truly what he said he is. The reason I said this is because I just read a biafra topic where the op claimed he is from Akwa Ibom and attacked ibos and as usual ibos started attacking akwa ibom back despite just a glance of the OP old topics, he actually mentioned he was a sokoto indigenous. The whole thing reminded me when okirika was getting insulted by the same ibos all because they were defending themselves against another member that was pretending to be from okirika. Unfortunately, this is a pattern I've noticed since joining NL.
Now the question I have for ibos is why do you let others create tension for yourself and your neighbors? I find it hypocritical that ibos accuse us of falling for propaganda meant to create tension but yet on this website, you fall for it more than us?
Why do you guys fight out of emotions and never bother to check the accuracy of those you are arguing with?

First of all I apologise on behalf of those who were insulting SS people cos they did that out of ignorance.
I for one, do not fall for those Yorubas claiming SS anymore cos I've bursted a lot of them in the last one year

My first example is some guy with the moniker fineguy11 once claimed he's from SS(on a Biafra thread) and that he supported Jonathan during election etc.

When I went through his posts, it was full of insults for Jonathan. Infact he was the leader of those insulting Jonathan. When I have time I'll upload different contradictory posts from same guy

Yorubas are fond of claiming SS on nl(once Biafra is mentioned) and my Igbo brethren need to be mindful of that

5 Likes

Re: A Question For Ibos by sammyj: 10:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
angry
Re: A Question For Ibos by SOUNDKING: 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
kotv:

You got the gist of what I'm saying. I'm not saying not to defend yourself or attack back but attack the appropriate group of people or ignore it.
my brother you made sense,but a wise man will not waste time trying to figure out the masquerade that wore his brother's face to attack him other than defend himself first,during such encounter the truth must be laid nacked,mind you, not every of our SS brothers shares the same thought like yours,enemy inside is more deadly. God bless Biafra.
Re: A Question For Ibos by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
Most of em don't use there heads, a man's true actions is in his heart not by what he says or does. I saw dat Akwa ibom post and rest, but I ignored it but some folks who can see beyond der nose jumped in and started fighting, they fall bait to there vices.
Re: A Question For Ibos by Kc3000: 11:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
OP, there are many unhinged characters roaming these parts, craving for the slightest provocation to ignite their fury. I have also seen self-proclaimed Efiks and Ibibios here that have made unsavory remarks about the Igbo at different times. Does this mean that our respective people are no longer in good terms because some uncouth knuckleheads on a faceless forum decided to trade insults? I believe the situation on ground suggests otherwise. So, do not be quick to indict Igbo for the erratic comments of a few urchins, who may not even be Igbo but are hell bent on sowing discord, as you noted. Rest assured, most of us are familiar with the good ole' 'Igbo want our oil' propaganda and the clowns that stagger around to propagate it. The comic relief they provide is duly noted.

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Ibos by Rose2014: 11:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
Kc3000:
OP, there are many unhinged characters roaming these parts, craving for the slightest provocation to ignite their fury. I have also seen self-proclaimed Efiks and Ibibios here that have made unsavory remarks about the Igbo at different times. Does this mean that our respective people are no longer in good terms because some uncouth knuckleheads on a faceless forum decided to thread insults? I believe the situation on ground suggests otherwise. So, do not be quick to indict Igbo for the erratic comments of a few urchins, who may not even be Igbo but are hell bent on sowing discord, as you noted. Rest assured, most of us are familiar with the good ole' 'Igbo want our oil' propaganda and the clowns that stagger around to propagate it. The comedic relief they provide is duly noted.

Word

1 Like

Re: A Question For Ibos by omenalfa: 11:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
biafranqueen:
You have spoken well!

Asa Biafra, i bu onye ibo?
Why answer someone that is just bent on insulting you?
Re: A Question For Ibos by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 04, 2015
Their love for the SS hinges on our oyel.

Oil thieves trying to commit oil theft.
Re: A Question For Ibos by Cjrane2: 1:23am On Jul 04, 2015
kotv:

"When it comes to BIAFRA, the Yorubas are the WORST hypocrites.

They bitterly hate the Igbos and indeed the southern minorities and would want them to leave Lagos etc and go stay in their own country!

But in contradiction to their true feelings, they don't want Biafra because they want to perpetuate their right to collect the lion share of the oil resources sourced from the same peoples land, using the bogus criteria they foisted on the country called Nigeria.

Without oil in Igboland and Southern minorities part of Nigeria, Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani would have long seceded from Nigeria. FACT!

I know just like me, many of our people are not 100% convinced Biafra is the answer, while many others already are.

Therefore, we should agitate for a UN sponsored referendum on the Biafra issue .
Northern Ireland fought the British for 30 years for the independence of Northern Ireland, but the referendum proved that majority of the people wanted to stay in the UK. Likewise, the South Sudan's referendum proved majority of South Sudanese wanted to be in their own country.

Therefore, a United Nations sponsored referendum should be the demand to see if majority of our people support independence or to stay in Nigeria."- Oremi22 NLander

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Ibos by biafranqueen: 2:20am On Jul 04, 2015
omenalfa:

Asa Biafra, i bu onye ibo?
Why answer someone that is just bent on insulting you?
umm he seems civilized thus far he brought up a good point and he busted someone claiming to be SS in another thread that was actually from Sokoto. Nna, we must not allow them to divide us when we have so many enemies already.
Re: A Question For Ibos by biafranqueen: 2:22am On Jul 04, 2015
Rose2014:

First of all I apologise on behalf of those who were insulting SS people cos they did that out of ignorance.
I for one, do not fall for those Yorubas claiming SS anymore cos I've bursted a lot of them in the last one year

My first example is some guy with the moniker fineguy11 once claimed he's from SS(on a Biafra thread) and that he supported Jonathan during election etc.

When I went through his posts, it was full of insults for Jonathan. Infact he was the leader of those insulting Jonathan. When I have time I'll upload different contradictory posts from same guy

Yorubas are fond of claiming SS on nl(once Biafra is mentioned) and my Igbo brethren need to be mindful of that
Sis you said my mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question For Ibos by biafranqueen: 2:24am On Jul 04, 2015
Cjrane2:

They bitterly hate the Igbos and indeed the southern minorities and would want them to leave Lagos etc and go stay in their own country!

But in contradiction to their true feelings, they don't want Biafra because they want to perpetuate their right to collect the lion share of the oil resources sourced from the same peoples land, using the bogus criteria they foisted on the country called Nigeria.

Without oil in Igboland and Southern minorities part of Nigeria, Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani would have long seceded from Nigeria. FACT!

I know just like me, many of our people are not 100% convinced Biafra is the answer, while many others already are.

Therefore, we should agitate for a UN sponsored referendum on the Biafra issue .
Northern Ireland fought the British for 30 years for the independence of Northern Ireland, but the referendum proved that majority of the people wanted to stay in the UK. Likewise, the South Sudan's referendum proved majority of South Sudanese wanted to be in their own country.

Therefore, a United Nations sponsored referendum should be the demand to see if majority of our people support independence or to stay in Nigeria."- Oremi22 NLander
Great point!

1 Like

Re: A Question For Ibos by wytecat: 3:58am On Jul 04, 2015
The same oil you're kissing SS arrse over and being enslaved for is now yours, right?

You Ibos don't have oil, stop talking about what you don't have .
I know you believe that saying it over and over again will make it true, sorry we know geography and how useless your land is.

Enough of what Yoruba think or want. Do what you want and stop watching Yoruba.

quote author=Cjrane2 post=35459248]

Therefore, a United Nations sponsored referendum should be the demand to see if majority of our people support independence or to stay in Nigeria."- Oremi22 NLander[/quote]
Re: A Question For Ibos by wytecat: 4:26am On Jul 04, 2015
You'll only have yourselves to blame when poo hits the storm, you won't say SS betray you as we can all see that they cried enough to let you know they aren't part of you, only for you to call them Yoruba.

Yoruba is every Ibos's first and last word, so I kinda understand!
Thank GOD for making me Yoruba!

God bless Yoruba nation!

Rose2014:

Re: A Question For Ibos by Mbkite(m): 6:02am On Jul 04, 2015
kotv:

I'm yoruba? Is that so? Your head there is filled with pure water I see. Don't insult me again. Nonsense
My dear, it's spelt "Igbo" not "Ibo" There is no such word as "Ibo"
Re: A Question For Ibos by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
Wow.

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Plans To Have Army Base Outside Biafra Land(yoruba land) / See What President Buhari Has Done So Far Within 100 Days / The Legendary Dick Tiger Granting Interview In Biafran Military Fatigue.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.