Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? (2137 Views)

Is It A Sin To Ask My Husband To Increase His Manhood Size? See epic response / Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? / SOS: 23 Years Old Lady In Distress. Hear Her Story. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by caprini1: 9:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
I am really feeling very bad today,as I was going through my old diaries,I bumped into 3rd of July 2011,on this day I gave a loan of N300,000 (three hundred thousand naira) to my co tenant,whom both him and his wife lost their jobs in 2010(both were working in banks). I told them they can start paying me back after 6 months with no interest,as the wife just had a new baby.After 1 year ,they couldn't pay anything,unfortunately the man developed kidney problems ,friends and well wishers rallied around and raised money for him to go for a transplant in India,this was in 2012,Glory to God ,the operation was succesful. I gave them the whole of 2013 to get themselves organised,and in January 2014 they moved to a new apartment without my knowledge,I got feelers from a Pastor friend of theirs that they bought a camry 2000 model,and I was very happy for them,at least moving around would be easier. .I called and wished them well,and he told me he will start working in a new company by January 2015,and he will start paying me from February,I thanked God for his life and everything,but as I write this I have been calling his two numbers and his wifes two numbers ,since february till today,the 3rd of july and their phones will ring out and both won't pick...when I use numbers they are not familiar with they pick,but on hearing my voice,they drop. I am really feeling bad cos everyone deserted them at that time,and the money was for their rent,cos the landlord was almost throwing them out,.the few people I told made fun of me,because I,m from Anambra and they are from Ekiti...but I don't see them that way,rather fellow christians in need. I wish them well....it is well!
Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by MTHBOSS(m): 9:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
Don't even no what to say.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by toyeoye(m): 9:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
Ehya

1 Like

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by marshalcarter: 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
Sorry bro
You see....

Sumtyms

To be gud is bad and to be bad is very good

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by elantraceey(f): 9:28pm On Jul 03, 2015
Sorry for your loss dear.

You know sometimes you can't really understand humans or way they act the way they do but don't let it deter you and stop you from helping others, you've been doing well ever since they refuse to pay you and now you'll do better, its their loss.

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by Venom104: 9:31pm On Jul 03, 2015
Humans are humans.. what does state of origin have to do with anything

I Pray you recover your money soonest..

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by Uchan4u(m): 9:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
My bro, don't stop being good, as long as u have the resources keep helping people. God sees the heart and rewards accordingly.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by staymore: 9:52pm On Jul 03, 2015
They've forgotten without you, their story might have been nothing to reference to by now.

If I were you I will trace them and cease that Camry.

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by efemenaslectura: 9:58pm On Jul 03, 2015
Op your issue is not a problem at all as far as I'm concerned

just pay police like 7k and get them arrested (both husband and wife) then the police should make them sign an agreement form officially stating WHEN they'll pay back and what should be done to them if the money is not paid

It's obvious the couple don't want to pay you back your money

next time don't lend the kind of money that if they don't give you back it won't pain you. Pele

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by caprini1: 10:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
elantraceey:
Sorry for your loss dear.

You know sometimes you can't really understand humans or way they act the way they do but don't let it deter you and stop you from helping others, you've been doing well ever since they refuse to pay you and now you'll do better, its their loss.
Well my dear...nowadays I only give out what I can easily forget.
Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by caprini1: 10:02pm On Jul 03, 2015
efemenaslectura:

just pay police like 7k and get them arrested (both husband and wife) then the police should make them sign an agreement form officially stating WHEN they'll pay back and what should be done to them if the money is not paid

next time don't lend the kind of money that if they don't give you back it won't pain you. Pele
I don't even know where they now live....and judging the man kidney transplant,not sure I can get the police involved.But I appreciate your advice.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by caprini1: 10:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
staymore:
They've forgotten without you, their story might have been nothing to reference to by now.

If I were you I will trace them and cease that Camry.
Thanks bro......someone said the mans senior brother owns a church and that he will take me there.I will surely make out time .Thanks
Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by efemenaslectura: 10:10pm On Jul 03, 2015
caprini1:
I don't even know where they now live....and judging the man kidney transplant,not sure I can get the police involved.But I appreciate your advice.
what's your own business with his kidney transplant. They can transplant his phenese for all I care. Do they look like people who are considerate about your feelings. A couple that ran away with your money and when you call them they don't pick up

I don't expect you to be considerate of people who don't care about your feelings or care about INTEGRITY

if you are serious about getting that money back you'll do the needful since you've been civil with them.you sef get excessive patience

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by caprini1: 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2015
efemenaslectura:
what's your own business with his kidney transplant. They can transplant his phenese for all I care. Do they look like people who are considerate about your feelings. A couple that ran away with your money and when you call them they don't pick up

I don't expect you to be considerate of people who don't care about your feelings or care about INTEGRITY

if you are serious about getting that money back you'll do the needful since you've been civil with them.you sef get excessive patience
Thanks bro...I had serious anger issues while growing up in Lagos island,and I know what it took me to get calm,so I try as much as I can not to get confrontational,cos wen I start ,it takes special effort for me to stop.I will start looking for them next month.
Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 04, 2015
This is a lesson to all, never u lend money to any soul that would pain you if your money is not paid back. I repeat never you lend money or else you will die in frustration and depression will be your lot. A naija can never pay u back the money he borrowed from you. it is in our nature.
Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by efemenaslectura: 6:07am On Jul 04, 2015
caprini1:
Thanks bro...I had serious anger issues while growing up in Lagos island,and I know what it took me to get calm,so I try as much as I can not to get confrontational,cos wen I start ,it takes special effort for me to stop.I will start looking for them next month.
This one is not an issue of unnecessary anger.even your anger is justified because if you don't protect yourself people will walk on you anyhow and take advantage of your kindness

I personally don't BORROW MONEY to people neither do I lend except if I just want to dash you the money without expectation of return

since the day I lent one of my neighbours a very interesting book so dear to me (48 laws of power) As a matter of personal principle i don't borrow because people don't care about integrity and it ruins friendships
Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by efemenaslectura: 6:12am On Jul 04, 2015
intbizoil:
This is a lesson to all, never u lend money to any soul that would pain you if your money is not paid back. I repeat never you lend money or else you will die in frustration and depression will be your lot. A naija can never pay u back the money he borrowed from you. it is in our nature.
true. Because I know that people will not return it I don't give.

What's more annoying I find people coming to ask for money to borrow is

money for naming ceremony
Children's school fees
children's school uniform
money for house rent

if I have to even give for any of this I don't expect a return
Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by caprini1: 7:16am On Jul 04, 2015
efemenaslectura:
This one is not an issue of unnecessary anger.even your anger is justified because if you don't protect yourself people will walk on you anyhow and take advantage of your kindness

I personally don't BORROW MONEY to people neither do I lend except if I just want to dash you the money without expectation of return

since the day I lent one of my neighbours a very interesting book so dear to me (48 laws of power) As a matter of personal principle i don't borrow because people don't care about integrity and it ruins friendships
Thanks bro....I sincerely admire your very strong character,I will definately buckle up,av really been had severally.
Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 04, 2015
Take your time to convince yourself that the money is gone.. You will have closure..
If you continue hoping to get that money back, you will constantly hurt your feeling
If they pay back then it will be a bonus for you, if they don't, you wont be bothered

You have lived so long without that money then you can continue living your life...

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by Roseey0(f): 7:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
Avoid keeping idle cash.
Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by An0nimus: 9:49pm On Jul 04, 2015
efemenaslectura:

This place corn-fuse me small...
Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by mredwifeosband: 9:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
An0nimus:

This place corn-fuse me small...
meaning I don't borrow to people neither do I lend from people
Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by An0nimus: 11:01pm On Jul 04, 2015
mredwifeosband:
meaning I don't borrow to people neither do I lend from people
Alternate moniker?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 04, 2015
lolz grin grin grin

but awww, you sound like a good guy. if you didn't sign a written contract with them that they would pay you back, there's really nothing that can be done now. verbal agreement can work in some instances but in naija you're oyo if that's all you had. if they are good people and people who appreciate what you did for them, the last thing they would be doing now is ignoring your calls or picking up and hanging up when you use other #s.they seem to be doing okay now and should be making payments little by little or at least just giving you something. but nope it doesn't seem like they want to give you your money back. sorry sad

caprini1:
but as I write this I have been calling his two numbers and his wifes two numbers ,since february till today,the 3rd of july and their phones will ring out and both won't pick...when I use numbers they are not familiar with they pick,but on hearing my voice,they drop.
Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by EfemenaXY: 7:08am On Jul 05, 2015
Typical.

Some people only understand gra-gra language.

@op, you need to toughen up your approach otherwise be prepared to kiss your N300,000 goodbye. And learn from this experience. Next time draw up a written contract and get them to sign it, before lending out anything.

Some people sabi beg sha...

1 Like

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by caprini1: 7:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
favoured234:
Take your time to convince yourself that the money is gone.. You will have closure..
If you continue hoping to get that money back, you will constantly hurt your feeling
If they pay back then it will be a bonus for you, if they don't, you wont be bothered

You have lived so long without that money then you can continue living your life...
The best advice I got,so far....thanks ,have done as u advised.Even prayed about it in church yesterday.
Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by Amhappy(f): 8:16pm On Jul 06, 2015
They are ingrates qed. It is not a crime to offer assistance instead it's a blessing. Blessed is the hand that giveth. Let it go if you can. You are a kind man,God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by caprini1: 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2015
Amhappy:
They are ingrates qed. It is not a crime to offer assistance instead it's a blessing. Blessed is the hand that giveth. Let it go if you can. You are a kind man,God bless you.
Thanks dearie......God bless you too.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by dsquare33: 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2015
Some people are heartless,and I am sure while he was begging to borrow the money he must have been crying on his knees.No wonder the Bible says the heart of man is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked who can know it.The painful thing about the whole scenerio is that when the law of karma comes knocking even his children will suffer for it.If only men knows that there is something called karma men will become less greedy and wicked. If only men can have little conscience the world would be a better place.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Now A Sin To Help People In Distress? by urchbarbie(f): 6:44am On Oct 07, 2015
efemenaslectura:

police ain't an agent for debt recovery. they wont do so. unless ure reporting it as criminal act, then they can investigate on ur behalf

(1) (Reply)

His Mom Doesnt Want Me!! / .. / The Dangers Of Spanking A Child .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.