Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

(Photo) Fresh Ebola Outbreak In Liberia : Victims Infected Eating A Dead Dog - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (Photo) Fresh Ebola Outbreak In Liberia : Victims Infected Eating A Dead Dog (1281 Views)

Isaac Fayose Describes Ibadan As A Dead City, Asks If Oyo State Still Has Govern / "Boko Haram Infected Me With HIV/AIDS, VVF, During Marathon Sex In Sambisa" / Photo Of President Buhari's Infected Ear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

(Photo) Fresh Ebola Outbreak In Liberia : Victims Infected Eating A Dead Dog by Brownville007: 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
Following the testing for Ebola of A British man, who just returned from Liberia, there has been growing concern over the possibility of the three new outbreak recorded been caused as a result of the natives eating a dead dog.

According to Mirror Online, experts are investigating whether three new Ebola victims were infected by eating a dead dog.

The villagers are known to have a history of eating dog flesh and recently dug one up and cooked it.

The first new Liberian sufferer, Abraham Memaigar, 17, died last month in a village 30 miles from the capital Monrovia.

Medics are now investigating if dogs can carry the virus as humans are known to have been infected by eating monkey flesh.

The worrying new outbreak comes after the West African country had been declared Ebola-free.

The two other sufferers are 24 and 27 and Liberia’s Deputy Health Minister declared: “They are stable.”

Liberia was at the heart of the virus epidemic that broke out in West Africa in December 2013.

The epidemic killed 11,207 people in Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone, according to figures from the World Health Organisation.

Of those deaths, 43 per cent were in Liberia, which saw hundreds of cases a week at the outbreak’s height, between August and October.

Health officials are still urging vigilance to to prevent a resurgence in the epidemic, which has weakened this year.

There have been just 12 new confirmed cases reported in Guinea and eight in eight in Sierra Leone in the week to June 21.

Source: http://www.nativefowl.com/fresh-ebola-outbreak-in-liberia-victims-infected-eating-a-dead-dog/

Re: (Photo) Fresh Ebola Outbreak In Liberia : Victims Infected Eating A Dead Dog by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
grin
Re: (Photo) Fresh Ebola Outbreak In Liberia : Victims Infected Eating A Dead Dog by PrinceZahzah(m): 11:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
Dog Eaters everywhere undecided
Re: (Photo) Fresh Ebola Outbreak In Liberia : Victims Infected Eating A Dead Dog by ipreach: 11:21pm On Jul 03, 2015
another story

1 Like

Re: (Photo) Fresh Ebola Outbreak In Liberia : Victims Infected Eating A Dead Dog by Cutehector(m): 11:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
Ewwwww
Re: (Photo) Fresh Ebola Outbreak In Liberia : Victims Infected Eating A Dead Dog by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
Haha their distant cousins dey calabar
Re: (Photo) Fresh Ebola Outbreak In Liberia : Victims Infected Eating A Dead Dog by YoursGEJ(m): 11:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
Can you imagine? You dig up a dead buried dog to cook and eat because you cannot survive without meat abi na wetin? Nothing wey person no go hear. I hope they pull through
Re: (Photo) Fresh Ebola Outbreak In Liberia : Victims Infected Eating A Dead Dog by ZeezaRapture(m): 11:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
DEAD DOG??shockedshockedshocked

cc lalasticlala.

Z.R
Re: (Photo) Fresh Ebola Outbreak In Liberia : Victims Infected Eating A Dead Dog by golor(m): 11:46pm On Jul 03, 2015
Cutehector:
Ewwwww

I tried to read dis ur post, down-side,up and up-side,down I couldn't understand it,i went on to read it side-side up and right-right down,still couldn't get it,i went on to read it left-right and right-left,still couldn't get d message,then I went on again to read left-left and right right nothing still to understand. Now I know what it means to be clueless.
Re: (Photo) Fresh Ebola Outbreak In Liberia : Victims Infected Eating A Dead Dog by adedayourt(m): 11:52pm On Jul 03, 2015
golor:

I tried to read dis ur post, down-side,up and up-side,down I couldn't understand it,i went on to read it side-side up and right-right down,still couldn't get it,i went on to read it left-right and right-left,still couldn't get d message,then I went on again to read left-left and right right nothing still to understand. Now I know what it means to be clueless.

so wats ur point exactly sir

(1) (Reply)

Udom Set To Floor Umana As APC Witnesses Makes Unpardonable mistakes / It's Terrible Situation In South Carolina, US! Who Doesn’t Know What’s Going On? / Huge Oil Discovery In Golan Heights - Israeli Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.