Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time (1971 Views)

Do You Know You Can Learn all these for 2k on quickbook instead of 50k? / I Lost My Job Because I Complained Of Poor Working Condition!! / I Want To Leave My Job For Masters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by omowe(f): 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2006
I gat a job paying me 50k in a multinational. I'm under pressure by a relative to resign and go back to school (I have SSCE). Although I'm in a job I won't like to take for a carrer but there are prospects in it. Should I resign as advised or do I go on part time education. I know you must come out with 2.1 or Upper to get a good job else where. What do you advise me to do?
Re: Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by Obeto(m): 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2006
Hello,

This's really a hard nut to crack. In what capacity are u working? Peraventure somethin comes up and u are sacked, wher will u start from? Job security is not there in Nigeria. If there is a way u can run a part time programme, go ahead. There's a great need to further, 'cos u'll not always have the opportunity. Time produce and rob opportunities. May I ask: Are u married? If married, don't make rash decisions. Rub mind with ur wife and check out the possibilities. If not hold the string and take a swing.

Plz don't let the fear of the unknown keep u trapped. Break loose and do the right thing.

Success!!!

Ciao!!! cool
Re: Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by omowe(f): 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2006
Obeto,
Thanks so much for this great advice. I'll do the right thing.
Keep it on.

Best regards.
Re: Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by Seun(m): 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2006
Yeah, part time earning is better. No need to throw away your job.
Re: Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by MyPeace(f): 11:39am On Sep 25, 2006
Do a Partime. If you throw away the Job, the relative may not even take full charge of ur fulltime education. Even if the work wont give u time for a partime program. Do a DLI program with UNILAG. There is a need to get additional Education. Decide better, but dont leave the job please!
Re: Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by Waleade2(m): 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2006
I have to share this story with u. Have ones have an opportunity with Zenith Bank some-years back Then i,m working with OND and my pay was 17k as at (2000).But because of the nature of my job how tedious &hectic it is.I couldn,t bear it any longer and i resign for procedding in my Education.I tell u that is how i missed this opportunity.My mate there are collecting up to 70k and some have left there place for a better place in other banks with high pay.After i finished my HND program.i couldn,t get work for 3yrs .b4 i,m managing with where i,m 2day. infact i must confess to u, the pay is not what can be disclose but just to be managing and to acquire work experience. Hadn't be i,m there now i m will have move to professional staff and i will be earning close to 120k per month.But due to wrong advice given to me then. And also i will have being having 6 consecutive years working experience. u know what it means to have 6 yrs experience in bank. To me dont quit the job,enrol for part-time degree program at LASU or DLI UNILAG.
Re: Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by olaji: 5:49pm On Oct 18, 2006
pls go for part time- job is very hard to get in nigeria

You are very lucky
Graduates are outside there looking for job of such.
stay & cont. to gain experiences
Re: Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by morinsola(f): 7:36pm On Oct 24, 2006
Hi,
I saw your aticles and i really felt so happy, well its an Ironical statement. You really need to go for a part-tim study to boost your CV up. i wish you the best of luck and i no you can do it.

Morinsola
Re: Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by Ndipe(m): 3:54am On Oct 31, 2006
Enroll in college on a parttime basis. Dont even think of quitting your job, no matter what. There are hundreds of graduates who are waiting for the slightest opportunity to snag your job, because the pay is not bad. You should know that, as well as this adage that "Opportunity strikes once".

Goodluck
Re: Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by lexydoo1: 8:50pm On Nov 01, 2006
better 4 u .Many 2day who are graduates are looking 4 such oppurtunity well he who has head has no cap.
my advice 4 u is to go part time.
God helping u ,sky is the limit.
lexy
Re: Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by rareman(m): 9:41am On Sep 26, 2007
keep the job then upgrade yourself i think it works better that way
Re: Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by Angelmart(f): 11:41am On Sep 26, 2007
Well, you have heard it all. Make good use of the opportunity which God has given to you. There are thousands of graduates outside there who is looking for such opportunity. Be wise! I advice just like others go for Part-time. God will see you thru.
Re: Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by crito(m): 9:55pm On Sep 26, 2007
run a part-time course and hang on to ur job.
Re: Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by dearfriend: 11:48am On Oct 01, 2007
There are certain basic things you learn as a fultime student that a partime student may never know. The partime students often take an inferior position when they meet with full time students, they have communication and sociability problems and moreover most of them are half baked cos they just go to school once or twice a week, some dont even go due to lack of chance and only go for exams.

I had your same kind of options, but i chose a full time, anyway maybe because there was a sponsor but in your case if there's no sponsor, go for a part time.
Re: Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by dremoney(m): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2007
The primary essence of goin to schul either on a full/part time basis is to secure our future by getting some well paid jobs afterwards (sm wit big dreams might dcide to tk on oda businesses but d underlying aim is still to make 2much money).

Bro, i advise u stay on wiv ur job n progress wit ur level of education(as a matter of urgency) simultanoeusly. ur counting years of experience and it really means alot to recruiters.

wat percentage ratio of fresh grads in nigeria get a 50k job anyway?

wish u luck.
Re: Should I Leave My Job Of 50k And Proceed To Fulltime School Or Do I Go Part Time by lan29: 12:14am On Dec 16, 2007
i would advice that you go back 2 school whether part-time or full time.whichever is convenient for you cos if u dont upgrade yourself when your company wants to retrench people they will start from those who dont have a degree and the job that u r afraid of losing will be lost at the end of d day.time waits for no one.be wise!!!!!!!be fast!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Etap(power System Analysis, Self Training For Fresh And Exp Electrical Engineers / Ugandan Court Suspends Clerk For Wearing Tight-mini Skirt (photo) / Thread for Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.