Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

“i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment (27371 Views)

Makanjuola Ogundipe's South-West PDP Rejects Fayose / I’m Too Old To Be Governor – El-rufai / Dele Olugbemi Rejects Fayose's Appointment, Shuns Screening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

“i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by msmon(m): 10:42am On Jul 04, 2015
A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
in Ekiti State, Chief Dayo Okondo, has turned down
his appointment as a member of the Governing
Council of the College of Education, Ikere Ekiti by
Governor Ayo Fayose.

Okondo said he was not consulted before the
appointment was made.

He told newsmen on Friday in his Ikere country
home that membership of the College of Education
Governing Council fell short of his status in the
party, being a former Chairman, a founding father of
the PDP and a party leader that brought Fayose
into the party.

The PDP chieftain also lamented that Fayose had
not assisted him on his failing health.

Okondo said: “Making me a board member falls
short of what he should do. And if I have to take
care of myself very well and take care of my health,
I don’t know what membership of the college’s
board would do for me.

“I can’t see how somebody who had served as a
PDP Board of Trustees member will now be
appointed a college’s board member. I was shocked
by the appointment with my status and level of
work that I did.

“I brought the party to the state and I brought
Fayose into the party. I supported him
wholeheartedly when others refused to support him
and I ensured that he won the primaries and the
election (in 2003).

“He has not visited me and he has not done
anything about my health. I have been trying to see
him and talk to him about my health but I have not
succeeded.

“If I will reject it in totality, I want to see the
governor first and I want him to reason with me
that this appointment does not befit my status as a
founding father of the party and as someone who
contributed immensely to his political rise.

“I have been abandoned by the party. One of my
sons, Tope Okondo, who was Obasanjo’s
bodyguard, fell sick in Abuja and the situation I met
him was very terrible.

“I tried to see if I could take him to India. I
contacted (former Governor) Fayemi and he offered
to assist. We took him to India where he spent two
to three days and I thank him (Fayemi) for the
gesture.

“If my own party (PDP) can treat me like this, it is
unfortunate”.

Okondo urged his supporters in the PDP who are
aggrieved by the treatment meted out to him to
remain calm.

Okondo said: “I advise them not to leave because
the situation will not be like this forever. After
some time, things will change and whatever they
want will be available.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/07/04/im-too-big-for-such-ekiti-pdp-chieftain-rejects-fayoses-appointment/

Though I feel sorry for this man and believe Fayose should have done more for him but I see a man who failed to realize he's no more relevant thus overestimating himself. You're neither Obasanjo nor Tinubu. ©MON33
Cc: obinoscopy, ishilove, lalasticlala.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 04, 2015
Fayose our man
D real jagaban of modern south west politics
D oshokomole of yorubaland
D man whose political wisdom surpasses dat of awolowo cum abiola cum tinubu cum obasanjo
D greatest and finest politician in d history of southwest
We d nigerian youths say kudos for a job well done, and may u continue to be a role model for us.

Only enemies of d yorubas will condemn fayose

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by chudidonas(m): 10:44am On Jul 04, 2015
Its never about public service but vested political interests. Fayose should do the needful before the man joins APC
Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by Shortyy(f): 10:50am On Jul 04, 2015
chudidonas:
Front page or Nah? undecided
Nah

1 Like

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by DuchessLily(f): 10:53am On Jul 04, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by hafeeanubasy: 10:53am On Jul 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Fayose our man
D man whose political wisdom surpasses dat of awolowo cum abiola cum tinubu cum obasanjo
We d nigeria youths say kudos for a job well done, and may u continue to be a role model for us.

If all Nigerian youth reason like this,then this country has no future.

220 Likes 10 Shares

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 04, 2015
The problem with Nigeria, Selfish interest.

Fayose kindly give this man the key to Ekiti treasury because he is a founding member of Pdp in Ekiti

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by samueld0(m): 10:57am On Jul 04, 2015
He could have contested for the governorship Election insted of Fayose as the PDP candidate since he want befiting position as reward for being one of the founding fathers

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by tucky200(m): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Fayose our man
We d nigeria youths say kudos for a job well done, and may u continue to be a role model for us.

Guy why ur life dey upside down....most times u insult the yorubas calling them yellowbar...now u dey claim yoruba

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2015
tucky200:

Guy why ur life dey upside down....most times u insult the yorubas calling them yellowbar...now u dey claim yoruba
Fayose cum temitemi1 etc are d true yorubas, while tinubu(apc change chanters like after1) re d yellowbars

12 Likes

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by after1: 11:05am On Jul 04, 2015
[s]
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Fayose cum temitemi1 etc are d true yorubas, while tinubu(apc change chanters like after1) re d yellowbars
[/s]

The smelly pained mofo is here again. The old dunce stinks and reason people run away from him. Go treat yourself little man, ugliness and stinking body is just too much. Buhahahahahha

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by after1: 11:06am On Jul 04, 2015
tucky200:

The jobless troll is one bitter fool. He stinks so much that people run away from him offline. Ignore the angry dunce abeg.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 04, 2015
after1:
[s][/s]

The smelly pained mofo is here again. A old dunce stinks and reason people run away from him. Go treat yourself little man, ugliness and stinking body is just too much. Buhahahahahha

Small boi!

8 Likes

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by msmon(m): 11:08am On Jul 04, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The problem with Nigeria, Selfish interest.

Fayose kindly give this man the key to Ekiti treasury because he is a founding member of Pdp in Ekiti

Exactly my thought.

4 Likes

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by after1: 11:12am On Jul 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Small boi!

Smelly animal, go take care of yourself fool

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by Young03(m): 11:25am On Jul 04, 2015
I av no business with ekiti na my own worry me pass

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by UltimatePals: 11:26am On Jul 04, 2015
hehehe
Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by CR77(f): 11:32am On Jul 04, 2015
Haba

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by amanze15(m): 11:32am On Jul 04, 2015
Lol
Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by exlinkleads(f): 11:33am On Jul 04, 2015
taaaaaaaaa
Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 04, 2015
His comments represent the viewpoint of the average Nigerian....irrespective of tribe or party.

I have come to office to serve me myself and I.

The proper response to the Governor's offer is to take the job.....and do your best so that even if you get no reward.....you will be remembered as the man who achieved great things with little.!

4 Likes

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by omenka(m): 11:33am On Jul 04, 2015
That is the business of the WailingWailers and not mine.

1 Like

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by djjosh(m): 11:34am On Jul 04, 2015
IF I HEAR...
Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by Dindondin(m): 11:34am On Jul 04, 2015
ok
Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by ramdris(m): 11:34am On Jul 04, 2015
[size=50pt]Na dem sabi[/size]
Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by Georgekyrian(m): 11:34am On Jul 04, 2015
Too Bad for for him statues with him..
Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 04, 2015
msmon:
A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
in Ekiti State, Chief Dayo Okondo, has turned down
his appointment as a member of the Governing
Council of the College of Education, Ikere Ekiti by
Governor Ayo Fayose.

The PDP chieftain also lamented that Fayose had
not assisted him on his failing health.

See someone that has a failing health issue and he is still looking for BIGGER POSTIIONS in government. He should just tell him point blank that there is no money to chop in where you put me. Our politicians are just too greedy. Thats why they dont perform well in office.
By the time he get bigger role in government, he will be battling with failing health, sleepless nights and meeting upon meetings, which can make him even bed ridden easily. NAWA O.
I beg fayose, if he no want, i am available, sir. grin grin grin

“I have been abandoned by the party. One of my
sons, Tope Okondo, who was Obasanjo’s
bodyguard, fell sick in Abuja and the situation I met
him was very terrible.

“I tried to see if I could take him to India. I
contacted (former Governor) Fayemi and he offered
to assist. We took him to India where he spent two
to three days and I thank him (Fayemi) for the
gesture.

“If my own party (PDP) can treat me like this, it is
unfortunate”.

Again this people are just paper enemies while in real life they know where to turn to when they are in real poo. Upon being strong member of PDP, he could still turn to ex governor (apc) for help and he was still given open arm. But the online broke ass niggars and warriors will be fighting themselves untop of their mata while they are fixing their children for better appointments.

7 Likes

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by Maintech: 11:35am On Jul 04, 2015
Pride. But tell that old fella it was just a call to serve his people and an opportunity to leave an indelible mark in the education of generations to come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by alaoeri: 11:35am On Jul 04, 2015
This is what you get when greedy & selfish ppl are behind your victory at polls. grin

1 Like

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by akpumping7720(m): 11:36am On Jul 04, 2015
Used and dumped! But this man needs to take it easy. But am wondering why he isn't rich like other politicians we know despite being a founding memeber of PDP, probably he isn't corrupt like others!
Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by igbsam(m): 11:37am On Jul 04, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Small boi!

bros, no vex for this question I wan ask u o

"why you no just get sense ?"

3 Likes

Re: “i’m Too Big For Such” – Ekiti PDP Chieftain Rejects Fayose’s Appointment by Sanguine77(m): 11:37am On Jul 04, 2015
He is old na so may not perform well if given more tasking job!

Anyway, not my business. What is important is let the state develop. If the man is looking for a juicy position to siphon funds, its over the bar cos we are in the er of change and corruption will not be tolerated: God bless Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ex-Service Chiefs To Be Investigated Over Buhari’s 'Missing' Certificate / Abuja Newspaper Vendors Protest Over Killing Of Their Colleague By Speaker Aide / Full Text Of The Acceptance Speech By General Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.