Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Boko Haran Prisoners: Obiano Pleads For Calm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haran Prisoners: Obiano Pleads For Calm (736 Views)

Enugu Mosque Fire: Ohanaeze Visits Muslim Community, Appeals For Calm / IPOB Welcomes Arewa Quit Notice, Pleads For Time To Relocate / Earthquake Hits Kwoi, Kaduna: State Government Calls For Calm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haran Prisoners: Obiano Pleads For Calm by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra state, East of Nigeria said that he is on top of the relocation of Boko Haram suspects to Ekwulobia prisons in the state, over which there had been public demonstrations and tension.
Mr James Eze, Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Media said in Awka on Saturday that the governor is still speaking with the relevant authorities to ensure a peaceful resolution of the issue.

“Obiano’s commitment to this extremely sensitive issue remains the same.The governor is aware of the strong feelings provoked by Boko Haram among Anambra citizens and the people of the South-East.

“Therefore, he will never use this subject of pain and anguish to play politics,’’ it stated.

The statement urged the people to go about their normal businesses while he continues to engage the relevant authorities on the matter.

Eze said the governor had yet to make public comments on the transfer of Boko Haram detainees to the state, pointing out that Obiano’s position had been consistent.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/07/04/boko-haram-prisoners-obiano-pleads-for-calm-in-anambra/

Re: Boko Haran Prisoners: Obiano Pleads For Calm by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
Re: Boko Haran Prisoners: Obiano Pleads For Calm by Demmzy15(m): 4:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
Re: Boko Haran Prisoners: Obiano Pleads For Calm by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:35pm On Jul 04, 2015
Many people are unaware that Federal Prisons have contract bids for supplies. The presence of bokoharam in Anambra equates to heavy contract for more staffing, more fortification, halal food, heavy guard presence in transportation to and from court....all these will eventually run into billions of naira at end of day.

Anambra is the king of Ibos, it is the only state that has produced leadership and industry in the East. Ibos have cried against what they termed FG neglect of their region. It therefore makes sense that if FG will show presence, it should begin in Anambra. There are many more developments coming. This is just first in the series. Ibos are blind to see through the goodies, they rush to condemn because of religion intolerance. If MEND terrorists are transferred to Ekwuluobia Ibos will not complain.

FG presence can come in the good, the bad or the ugly. If you cant take the ugly, dont expect the good.

Ibos must calm down as Obiano directed.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haran Prisoners: Obiano Pleads For Calm by socialmediaman: 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
Many people are unaware that Federal Prisons have contract bids for supplies. The presence of bokoharam in Anambra equates to heavy contract for more staffing, more fortification, halal food, heavy guard presence in transportation to and from court....all these will eventually run into billions of naira at end of day.

Anambra is the king of Ibos, it is the only state that has produced leadership and industry in the East. Ibos have cried against what they termed FG neglect of their region. It therefore makes sense that if FG will show presence, it should begin in Anambra. There are many more developments coming. This is just first in the series. Ibos are blind to see through the goodies, they rush to condemn because of religion intolerance. If MEND terrorists are transferred to Ekwuluobia Ibos will not complain.

FG presence can come in the good, the bad or the ugly. If you cant take the ugly, dont expect the good.

Ibos must calm down as Obiano directed.

This analysis doesnt make sense, i expect you to rather call for the insurgents to be transferred to your state so that you can benefit from the "goodies" that will eventually come from it. They say they dont want it, do you want to force it down their throats? Meanwhile the people who negotiated for the transfer should own up and at least explain why they felt it was in the interest of the prisoners and also those living in the communities. I personally don't want any crisis resulting from this, its is a delicate issue

1 Like

Re: Boko Haran Prisoners: Obiano Pleads For Calm by Sunofgod(m): 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
They are putting those Boko boys lives at risk . . .
Re: Boko Haran Prisoners: Obiano Pleads For Calm by OPCNAIRALAND: 5:34pm On Jul 04, 2015
socialmediaman:

This analysis doesnt make sense, i expect you to rather call for the insurgents to be transferred to your state so that you can benefit from the "goodies" that will eventually come from it. They say they dont want it, do you want to force it down their throats? Meanwhile the people who negotiated for the transfer should own up and at least explain why they felt it was in the interest of the prisoners and also those living in the communities. I personally don't want any crisis resulting from this, its is a delicate issue

You guys are alarmists. I disagree, this is not a delicate issue. As i said, there are many goodies lined up in this importatiin to Anambra and local contractors can benefit. So who is the Iboman that negotiated for this FG contract to be relocated from NE and brought to SE?

They say Peter Obi and Jonathan did. Maybe its Obiano....afterall he and other Ibo leaders were the first in the nation to visit and pay homage to Buhari after his victory.

Either way it goes, this action did not happen without the consent of a money hungry Iboman. You all need to find which one of your kins did this to you instead of harassing Buhari. Buhari would not have relocated bokoharam prisiners without your own leaders offering to take the prisoners and put them in Iboland.

Iboman and money!

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haran Prisoners: Obiano Pleads For Calm by AtlanticBreeze: 5:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
No calm until buhari brothers leave our shores
Re: Boko Haran Prisoners: Obiano Pleads For Calm by asadike(f): 5:57pm On Jul 04, 2015
Ekwulobia prison is actually d worst prison in anambra state. i can bet my fine arse that it wont be long before they start dying one after d other. so my people make una calm down.
Re: Boko Haran Prisoners: Obiano Pleads For Calm by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
asadike:
Ekwulobia prison is actually d worst prison in anambra state. i can bet my fine arse that it wont be long before they start dying one after d other. so my people make una calm down.

Fine ass? Hian!

(1) (Reply)

Refusal To Approve N15.37bn Loans Behind Oshiomhole’s Tirade Against NOI / NNPC Bans 113 Vessels From Crude Oil Lifting In Nigeria / $2.1billion Loan To Rebuild The North East, Destroyed By Who?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.