Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,439 members, 7,954,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:14 AM

"Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? (1688 Views)

17-Year-Old Girl Weds 18-Year-Old Boy In Abia (Photos) / 62-Year-Old Mother Of 5 Weds 75-Year-Old Man In Delta State / Man Weds Dead Wife In Ebonyi (find Out Why) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by BlissB(f): 4:50pm On Jul 04, 2015
kiss My closest pal is getting married in 2months time and she is about going to the printing press to prepare the invitation cards....she is of the opinion that "Frank weds Lisa" should be stated on the card.Few supported her....many disagreed....From my view i think she is right....lets leave western civilization and face our culture in Nigeria....it is usually the guy that ask for the girl's hand in marriage and go to the family for thier consent and not the other way round so i was wondering why it is usually Lisa weds Frank in most cases......Whats your opinion and if you have idea how it came about to prove me wrong,i will gladly take the correction..Thanks! Cc.Royalroy,ishilove,Freemanan,benedictnsi,omotayor,introvert,bamz,Iamchris
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by Prodigee: 4:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
the former
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by bigtt76(f): 4:57pm On Jul 04, 2015
It should be Lisa weds Frank and not the other way round. The wedding day is the brides day and she's the center of it all.

During the ceremony itself, it is the lady, the officiating priest would ask first, if she would take man as her wedded husband before the man is asked same.

1 Like

Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by BlissB(f): 4:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
Prodigee:
the former
why is it the former......or r u saying that because it has always been so or you can prove it.....i really want to know thanks
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by westgermany: 4:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
Wait let me ask IFA

Not for sale.....
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by Prodigee: 5:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
BlissB:
why is it the former......or r u saying that because it has always been so or you can prove it.....i really want to know thanks
because it has always been so. shikena!
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by BlissB(f): 5:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
westgermany:
Wait let me ask IFA

Not for sale.....

If Ifa nor bring ans i go brk ur head grin
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by benedictnsi(m): 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
It is Lisa that Weds Frank..... Yea
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by INTROVERT(f): 5:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
BlissB:
kiss My closest pal is getting married in 2months time and she is about going to the printing press to prepare the invitation cards....she is of the opinion that "Frank weds Lisa" should be stated on the card.Few supported her....many disagreed....From my view i think she is right....lets leave western civilization and face our culture in Nigeria....it is usually the guy that ask for the girl's hand in marriage and go to the family for thier consent and not the other way round so i was wondering why it is usually Lisa weds Frank in most cases......Whats your opinion and if you have idea how it came about to prove me wrong,i will gladly take the correction..Thanks! Cc.Royalroy,ishilove,Freemanan,benedictnsi,omotayor,introvert,bamz,Iamchris

The lady agrees to marry the man so the lady comes first. Thats the norm.

2 Likes

Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by DuchessLily(f): 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2015
Lisa weds Frank
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
Lisa Weds Frank(wen Lisa iis wealthy) undecided
Frank weds Lisa(wen frank iis the man iin charge)

Seriously ii think iits the one on bold cool
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by BlissB(f): 5:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
vimi:
Lisa Weds Frank(wen Lisa iis wealthy) undecided Frank weds Lisa(wen frank iis the man iin charge)
Seriously ii think iits the one on bold cool
Thanks!!!
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by angieberry(f): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
Lisa agreed to marry frank therefore, Lisa weds Frank

1 Like

Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by BlissB(f): 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2015
INTROVERT:

The lady agrees to marry the man so the lady comes first. Thats the norm.
The norm?.....i refuse to agree because you can't join others when you know they are wrong..why not follow the other path which is right.though it may take time but everything will fall into place
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by BlissB(f): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2015
angieberry:
Lisa agreed to marry frank therefore, Lisa weds Frank
Hmmmmm
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
And what does this change?
Would it make difference which comes first?
People with bothering themselves with irrelevancies.
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by Joromi1: 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2015
It was Lisa that accepted Frank's proposal so she's the one wedding him, although Frank is expected to take care of all the expenses. Hence the weeding card reads:

Lisa

....................Weds

..................................................Frank
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by BlissB(f): 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnny1980:
And what does this change?

Would it make difference which comes first?

People with bothering themselves with irrelevancies.
Hmmmmm.......thks for your contribution bro
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by cococandy(f): 6:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
How about Lifra weds Sank? undecided
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by BlissB(f): 6:43pm On Jul 04, 2015
cococandy:
How about Lifra weds Sank? undecided
grin stop playing pranks aunt....be serious
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by Mariecakes(f): 6:45pm On Jul 04, 2015
As the spirit leads jawe...Seriously most people won't notice cuz they wont really read it..except the map to the reception grin But it should be Lisa weds Frank
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by cococandy(f): 6:48pm On Jul 04, 2015
BlissB:
grin stop playing pranks aunt....be serious

My dear what should I say? grin

Since everything na case for marriage. Ask people who are married now whose name came first on the IV and see if they remember.

Those things don't matter jare

1 Like

Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by BlissB(f): 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
cococandy:

My dear what should I say? grin

Since everything na case for marriage. Ask how many people who are married now who's name came first on the IV and see if they remember.

Those things don't matter jare
Ok ma'am thks
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by BlissB(f): 6:52pm On Jul 04, 2015
Mariecakes:
As the spirit leads jawe...Seriously most people won't notice cuz they wont really read it..except the map to the reception grin But it should be Lisa weds Frank
Lol...thks thks
Re: "Lisa Weds Frank" Or "Frank Weds Lisa".which Is Correct?? by BlissB(f): 12:35am On Jul 05, 2015
benedictnsi:
It is Lisa that Weds Frank..... Yea
Hmmmmm

(1) (Reply)

A Single Mother Who Has Never Been Married Versus A Divorcee Without A Child. / PHOTO: Nigerian Father Disowns His Son On National Newspaper / Save A Young Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.